Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Can I Sue A Digital Bank And Win,i Have Evidences Against Them - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Sue A Digital Bank And Win,i Have Evidences Against Them (498 Views)

Motopay: Sujimoto To Unveil Africa's Largest All-in-one Digital Bank / Fairmoney Becomes A Fully Digital Bank / What Are My Chances If I Sue A Bank For Withholding My 2k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Sue A Digital Bank And Win,i Have Evidences Against Them by Unicorno: 9:21am On Sep 27, 2021
Straight to the point!

Day 1- I received a credit alert from an unknown name from a traditional bank(GTB) into my digital bank(PissBank)

Day 1-the anon creditor got my number from social media and contacted me

Day 1- after extensive due diligence, I sent the money back to the anon,but there's a twist,I didn't send the money back to the anon GTB, I sent it to his PissBank because he has a PissBank account also and I thought,same bank transaction would be faster

Day 2- I got a mail from my digital bank that the traditional bank reported an erroneous transaction on my account that I should fund my account so the money can be returned!
"Abi both the traditional bank and the anon and my bank are high ni??"

Day 2- I called the anon and updated him about the new event, he apologised and said he already closed the case with his bank as soon as I sent his money back,he said he reported the issue to his bank immediately he made that mistake but he would contact them again to know wassup

Day 2- anon said he had confirmed that the case had been closed,that it is my bank that hasn't acted on the directive.

Day 3- I sent a mail to my digital bank to remove the lien on my account,they replied that they are waiting for feedback from the complainant's bank

Day 5- I sent another mail to my bank, they replied that they are rounding up the case that all restrictions would be lifted shortly.

Day 7- I got a message from the anon that the digital bank(piss bank) sent him a mail to inquire if I indeed sent money to him.
This is where I lost my cool,what kind of unprofessionalism is that,you locked my account because GTB reported an erroneous transaction,GTB has since closed the case since the second day.
The silly bank is now doing amebo investigation asking stupid questions, what if I had sent the money back to GTB,would they have gone to his Facebook to send him a message.

Day 7:the anon replied their mail,that he has since received the payment and plead to them to unlock my account.

Day 16: my account is still locked with my money in it.

Lawyers in the house, what's the best way to go about this
Seun help me push this to the Frontpage

Re: Can I Sue A Digital Bank And Win,i Have Evidences Against Them by SUPERPACK: 9:25am On Sep 27, 2021
Next time you get such wrong transaction do not send it back to any new account number always send back to the originating account number or call your bank to refund such transactions theirself. The reason I am suggesting the above is that it could be proceeds from a kidnap ransom, or someone trying to launder money through your account. So many people are in jail for same scenario you posted, the bank is not at fault here but you.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Sue A Digital Bank And Win,i Have Evidences Against Them by Unicorno: 9:47am On Sep 27, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Next time you get such wrong transaction do not send it back to any new account number always send back to the originating account number or call your bank to refund such transactions theirself. The reason I am suggesting the above is that it could be proceeds from a kidnap ransom, or someone trying to launder money through your account. So many people are in jail for same scenario you posted, the bank is not at fault here but you.

Yeah I later learnt that was a mistake I made, but common,I recieved money from Musa Chinedu iyabo (GTB) and I sent the money back to Musa Chinedu iyabo(PissBank)
How is that supposed to be a problem??

Furthermore I already contacted the complainant's bank and the anon,they confirmed they have closed the case.

You can't just lock people's account up for two weeks without a court order,this can only happen in Nigeria my brother
Re: Can I Sue A Digital Bank And Win,i Have Evidences Against Them by YeyeGbami: 9:49am On Sep 27, 2021
Next time sit on the money, when they ready make dem collect am from the aza.
Re: Can I Sue A Digital Bank And Win,i Have Evidences Against Them by Unicorno: 9:49am On Sep 27, 2021
YouAreUseless:
Why didn't you send the money back to the GTB account that mistakenly transferred it to you?

Are you guys deliberately ignoring the part where I said the complainant bank has closed the case??
Re: Can I Sue A Digital Bank And Win,i Have Evidences Against Them by Unicorno: 9:50am On Sep 27, 2021
YeyeGbami:
Next time sit on the money, when they ready make dem collect am from the aza.

I have learnt my lesson bro,I sent the money back,I was now feeling like a good Nigerian, Mumu me!
Re: Can I Sue A Digital Bank And Win,i Have Evidences Against Them by SarkinYarki: 9:51am On Sep 27, 2021
Next time report the erroneous transaction to your bank and wait for them to take action themselves ...Never communicate directly with the anon( e get why ) what if it's ransom that was paid into your account....that said I am sure your "piss "bank will lift the lien before the end of today after they finish their own internal processes requisite for removing such liens
Re: Can I Sue A Digital Bank And Win,i Have Evidences Against Them by wordbank(m): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2021
You would have wired it back through same channel or contact the traditional bank to pry into such transaction and carry out their judgement.

Back to your question, the only institution licenced to investigate financial issue online and offline is EFCC.

You may contact them, but be assured it's going to be a long walk

(1) (Reply)

Free Trading Courses *** limited time / already made 4699 dollars this morning on forex photos (updated) / Partner With Multinational Pharmaceutical Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.