Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! (23497 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / House, I Am Confused / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Mandesz(m): 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2021
Buhari caused these!
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Drsnives(m): 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2021
Comment ist read later grin
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Winneygirl(f): 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
Continue saving until you decide.
Don't rush into any business, or investment with yeye promise of huge returns.

People complain about savings, but savings is your money guaranteed.
If you are not sure or very knowledgeable about any business/investment venture, protect your capital. There have been a lot of tears on these streets.
Forget marriage for now too.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by kingxsamz(m): 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
Don't let anyone push you into what you'll start and won't be able to finish. Once you get into it, you're not coming out. Make depression no kill you. Normally, if you're not financially stable and you're still planning your life, I don't see why you should be getting married, especially when it's not necessary. Focus on yourself first.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by The5DME(m): 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
Don't get married.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by WannaBeBlogger: 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2021
Just be a man and do your thing. Women can't understand the way of man. Imagine ur mom being selfish...u should build house for whom, when u are still trying to find ur feet. That's women for you. It's always about them

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Starz825(m): 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2021
Don't get married...I repeat don't get married....

Except if you have a lady that does better financially than you do....and ever willing to assist..
Naw i see why marriage favor women than men..just because you can't make a family without them...

2.7m na still smallz ooo guy ....let mama know ooo

9 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by thesmallgod(m): 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Whatever you do don't get married in your present situation. You will hate your life. Focus on Japaing to Europe from your present location to continue your studies. You are a man you can marry in your 40s and 50s. Young marriage isn't for African men from poor families.
This is a wrong advice. You can still marry late and still regret your life.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Peace081: 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2021
My brother just marry n start a family
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by treatise: 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
When you made wrong choices on the premise of being the only SON , no one would come to your rescue on the basis of being the only SON. Make informed choices and you'd happier you did.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Starz825(m): 3:13pm On Sep 27, 2021
thesmallgod:

This is a wrong advice. You can still marry late and still regret your life.
This your point is possible but isn't the argument at the moment...the young man shouldn't marry now

3 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Klass99(f): 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
smiley
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by rajiedreez: 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
Guy go with your plan,
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by motymop: 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
Gerrard59:
If you get married now, trust me; you'll regret it, no ifs or buts. It's not a curse, just simple mathematics. You will be forced to cater for two households, home and abroad (assuming she stays in Nigeria while you slug it out in the UAE) on limited income. Don't do anything agriculture if not Fulani Islamic terrorists disguising as herdsmen will destroy your crops and nothing will happen. I cannot overemphasise that aspect - DON'T DO AGRIBUSINESS IN NIGERIA. FULANI ISLAMIC TERRORISTS WILL RANSACK YOUR LANDS, SLAUGHTER YOUR EMPLOYEES LIKE SUYA AND GUESS WHAT? NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO THEM! Peradventure they don't, unscrupulous family relatives will plifer from the farm business. Thus, you're back to square one.

Start upgrading your skill set by looking for relevant skills which you can learn and are lucrative. Unless you can transfer your grades to a university in Europe, then it makes sense else you will have to start all over as an undergraduate. Think about the costs (three to four years program) and visa questions having a 27 year old going for BSc. I'm forced to recommend tech not because it's the in-thing but because it's egalitarian; it doesn't care about your grade, university attended ,the course of study and in some cases your age. If you can, pick up a tech language, dedicate time to it, get an entry role, hone your skill and set out to low cost European countries. Tech skills will have your stay in the UAE secured than low skilled jobs.

Don't put any money towards whatever land project (don't you read about the cost of cement?) or marriage (haven't you read about the cost of food items?). When most young people are trying to flee Nigeria, you are being told to return not as dual citizen but to build a house with less than $10K and get married.

Worst idea ever.

Don't do this and that, after in the future regrets.

Also programming isn't the only job in the world and not everyone have the zeal and motivation to be a programmer

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by phorget(m): 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
Please no listen to your mama o,nah she dem wan use finish you kpatakpata...

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Juicy001: 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
abisoye2:
Nairaland has always been a place of resort when it comes to finding lasting solution to one's problem/albatross as this platform is beclouded with cerebral intellectuals.

==> I am a young man of 27 years old from an average background. I'm currently outside the country earning little above #200k doing blue colar job in one of the Emirates of UAE. I have NCE certificate in one of the Colleges of Education in Nigeria of which I intended to further into Degree(BSc) in Nigeria before travel opportunity showcased which I obliged.
However, I wish to migrate to one the European countries preferably through study route(as one of the easy way to migrate) so as to acquire my Degree(Bsc, because I have great passion for education) and to improve my life(you understand) before considering anything else.

I have been saving larger portion of my salaries to around #2.7m which is not enough for my plan but i'm still managing my work and still saving to actualize my plan with the help of God.

Sorry I forgot to tell you intellectuals that I'm the only Son among 6 children and I'm sinlge. Now, my mother back home is trying to tell me to start a building project on our vacant land and indirectly proposing 'getting married' to me as the larger part of her prayers when discussing on phone is how God should give me a good woman, the loving woman...(you know African Mothers').
It's good to note that my elder sisters have birthed children so Mum is already a "Grandma". I tried to explain to her politely that my plan is not to marry now or spending my little money on building a house only to halfway and continue struggling and saving from scratch rather to develop myself first and then money will come with it and I can now consider marriage afterwards.

I Also think about business but I think it's risky. Also, marrying and leaving my wife back home doesn't sit well with me and bringing her here making family wouldn't be easy as maintaining family is expensive here and there is no child benefit/support compared to the west. Perhaps taking care of my widow mother and taking care of wife/family and sometimes relatives wahala from my paltry salary is striking fear into my bone marrow.

So, getting married now/starting a building project would take away my money and might shatter my plans.

Great Nairalanders, please I am confused, advise me, come to my rescue!

Admin, please help my life by pushing this for me. E dakun!

Bros, listen to mumsy..
You might feel you dont need a woman but how about a woman that will support you? Pray, Encourage and also put you in line when ever you're going off course?
Your mum cant do all that na,
Dont just look at it from the negative side but also the positive side, you're just scared of the unknown and its understandable cus we are humans,its in our nature....
Def it's not something to rush into but think about it...
Cuz in my opinion, omoh na to marry continue with your dreams till they become reality, nothing sure pass this one.
Remain blessed

3 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by klickstar: 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
THis is your life not any other person's my brother if you allow society to determine your future you will end up in rat race you will think you're doing well but the only thing you will be able to afford is basic needs and nothing tangible my brother don't into trap like most of us you're on the verge of being successful it might take a while don't let village people play with your only way out it's better to get marry at 40 as a man and enjoy the rest of your life than marry early and be contemplating suicide please learn from my mistake 27 is still a foundation stage don't rush into suffering stabilize and live well I beg don't follow the old mentality o
My brother jowo mawo one chance o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Emmanuel909090: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
Hustle, i repeat hustle

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Housing(m): 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
Honour and respect your Mum always, but stick to your plan with all your strength. It is only now that you can lay a solid foundation for yourself and descendants.

Be more focus about your plan to relocate acquire the right education and skills. African mothers like to boast that my child has his own house, but life goes beyond that. That your little savings can't complete a 2-bedroom flat, it can not even buy you a full plot of land in a location that you may consider ok for having basic infrastructure.

So you can not convince her but you can be sure of your plans and aspirations. Please stick to your plans.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Miyachi: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
@abisoye2
Saving is good but nobody gets wealthy from just saving. You'd have to invest that money to get greater returns. Pause for a second here, I don't mean following the current trends of fraudulent investments & schemes. I mean stocks, bonds, etc. If you're bold enough start a business, you can do this while still holding on to your job.

Overall, I think your decisions are sound. Develop yourself, that way you can unlock greater opportunities and command greater income. Building a house or raising a family will be easier.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by ObalaEmma: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
Oga don't build Kpakam. Your mother gave you good advice but it means spending more years in Dubai working to build house. Finish with your advancement of career.
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by OFAIKGROUPS(m): 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
Gerrard59:
If you get married now, trust me; you'll regret it, no ifs or buts. It's not a curse, just simple mathematics. You will be forced to cater for two households, home and abroad (assuming she stays in Nigeria while you slug it out in the UAE) on limited income. Don't do anything agriculture if not Fulani Islamic terrorists disguising as herdsmen will destroy your crops and nothing will happen. I cannot overemphasise that aspect - DON'T DO AGRIBUSINESS IN NIGERIA. FULANI ISLAMIC TERRORISTS WILL RANSACK YOUR LANDS, SLAUGHTER YOUR EMPLOYEES LIKE SUYA AND GUESS WHAT? NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO THEM! Peradventure they don't, unscrupulous family relatives will plifer from the farm business. Thus, you're back to square one.

Start upgrading your skill set by looking for relevant skills which you can learn and are lucrative. Unless you can transfer your grades to a university in Europe, then it makes sense else you will have to start all over as an undergraduate. Think about the costs (three to four years program) and visa questions having a 27 year old going for BSc. I'm forced to recommend tech not because it's the in-thing but because it's egalitarian; it doesn't care about your grade, university attended ,the course of study and in some cases your age. If you can, pick up a tech language, dedicate time to it, get an entry role, hone your skill and set out to low cost European countries. Tech skills will have your stay in the UAE secured than low skilled jobs.

Don't put any money towards whatever land project (don't you read about the cost of cement?) or marriage (haven't you read about the cost of food items?). When most young people are trying to flee Nigeria, you are being told to return not as dual citizen but to build a house with less than $10K and get married.

@gerrard59 you are so on point......this is really deep, who get ear make em hear ooo
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Segzy19: 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
Guy, don't rush into any marriage.
If your mum wants grandchildren, your siblings who are females are there.

You are a man. Once you get married like this, you have just changed the trajectory of your life. Wife and children will delay your plans.

Focus and invest in yourself first so that your family (wife and children) don't suffer and struggle with you. You are 27, you can still afford to marry at 35. It's not late. By then you would have saved more money, finished your studies mad probably gotten a better job or source of income.

Marriage is another big thing on its own o.

Again, don't start developing any land back at home. Your savings won't finish it. Hence you can't generate any rent from it. It becomes an uncompleted project while you are completely sapped of your savings...

Be wise... It's even wise of you to have come online to solicit for advice

5 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by AmuEbule: 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
Still Reading. Will respond ASAP.
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by debby337: 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
You do not have to worry. One step at a time. Inform your mum you want to OK before venturing into marriage. I will strongly advice that you try to make research about immigration consultants in u.a.e for your travelling stuff. Make enquiries and definitely you will get a good one. It is easier travelling from here than Nigeria. For the building of a house, well the choice is yours but price of cement last 2yrs is not the same today. As dollar goes up, so also other dirham. So safe in dirham if you have the means too. Lastly , upgrade your job/income as expo is here and job openings everywhere now. God bless our hustle

4 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by samsard(m): 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
Juicy001:

Bros, listen to mumsy..
You might feel you dont need a woman but how about a woman that will support you? Pray, Encourage and also put you in line when ever you're going off course?
Your mum cant do all that na,
Dont just look at it from the negative side but also the positive side, you're just scared of the unknown and its understandable cus we are humans,its in our nature....
Def it's not something to rush into but think about it...
Cuz in my opinion, omoh na to marry continue with your dreams till they become reality, nothing sure pass this one.
Remain blessed
Poorly thought-out advise. You want the guy to struggle.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by ebuk4real(m): 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Whatever you do don't get married in your present situation. You will hate your life. Focus on Japaing to Europe from your present location to continue your studies. You are a man you can marry in your 40s and 50s. Young marriage isn't for African men from poor families.

Love the last sentence. I am 35yrs & the pressure to marry is here but earnings 40k. I am telling myself to hold on till 40yrs and doubting if I am not making mistake o

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
abisoye2:
Nairaland has always been a place of resort when it comes to finding lasting solution to one's problem/albatross as this platform is beclouded with cerebral intellectuals.

==> I am a young man of 27 years old from an average background. I'm currently outside the country earning little above #200k doing blue colar job in one of the Emirates of UAE. I have NCE certificate in one of the Colleges of Education in Nigeria of which I intended to further into Degree(BSc) in Nigeria before travel opportunity showcased which I obliged.
However, I wish to migrate to one the European countries preferably through study route(as one of the easy way to migrate) so as to acquire my Degree(Bsc, because I have great passion for education) and to improve my life(you understand) before considering anything else.

I have been saving larger portion of my salaries to around #2.7m which is not enough for my plan but i'm still managing my work and still saving to actualize my plan with the help of God.

Sorry I forgot to tell you intellectuals that I'm the only Son among 6 children and I'm sinlge. Now, my mother back home is trying to tell me to start a building project on our vacant land and indirectly proposing 'getting married' to me as the larger part of her prayers when discussing on phone is how God should give me a good woman, the loving woman...(you know African Mothers').
It's good to note that my elder sisters have birthed children so Mum is already a "Grandma". I tried to explain to her politely that my plan is not to marry now or spending my little money on building a house only to halfway and continue struggling and saving from scratch rather to develop myself first and then money will come with it and I can now consider marriage afterwards.

I Also think about business but I think it's risky. Also, marrying and leaving my wife back home doesn't sit well with me and bringing her here making family wouldn't be easy as maintaining family is expensive here and there is no child benefit/support compared to the west. Perhaps taking care of my widow mother and taking care of wife/family and sometimes relatives wahala from my paltry salary is striking fear into my bone marrow.

So, getting married now/starting a building project would take away my money and might shatter my plans.

Great Nairalanders, please I am confused, advise me, come to my rescue!

Admin, please help my life by pushing this for me. E dakun!

Tell your mum, your salary is small. N2.7m cannot build anything in Nigeria now. That is just roofing and fencing money.

Cement nah N3,500 a bag.

Let me tell you something, once you are of age, stop taking advice from your aged mother. It will slow you down in life. From experience.

I won't call it slow mentality, but they don't reason the fast age way.

Build house, marry now, don't marry this girl.. all nah stupid advices.

It leads to regret.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by InvertedHammer: 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
/
You are in a very precarious situation.

I don't even know what to advise you to do.

/
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
All what your mum suggested are good and healthy suggestion.
In life they are somethings which are bent on a natural factors and one of them is marriages. Early marriage i tell you is a blessing, why because you get to train your kids in the like and manner you want. And in a twinkle of an eye junior is graduating. Not easy as summarised but funny enough it is a must do provided you aren't taking the priestly root. Why then wait until your bones are failing before undergoing such important assignment.
As said earlier it is all bent on a natural factor called LOVE. can you get a woman who can do bore you a child and still stay stead fast.
Marriage is a must, do it if you can..

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Limassol(m): 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
In my humble opinion: Marriage,investing a bussiness or building a house shouldn't be a priority to you, at least for now. It will be more profitable for you to double down on your hutsle and Save at least 6 to 7m - with that modest sum you can target European countries that offer tuition-free universities like Germany or Norway, and take it from there. You are still relatively young and still time by your side. Never allow anybody to pressure you into what may not be right for you.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet The 12-year-old Girl Who Pays Her Own School Fees By Selling Newspaper. Is / How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? / I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.