Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station (34034 Views)

Russian Cosmonauts & U.S Astronauts Fight In Space Over Ukraine War (Photos) / UK Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buyer Empties Water Bottles, Fills Them With Petrol / Angry Mob Sets Police Station Ablaze Over Hike In Fuel Price In Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by ibtommy(m): 3:05pm On Sep 28, 2021
Pinkyposh:
Why are they fighting themselves, they are not used to queuing 24 hours or more to buy fuel.
I love my country ��

That lady really beat up that man.Wow!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by nextstep(m): 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2021
People are only civilized when there's enough resources to go around. Just a few days of fuel scarcity (or the impression of it), and UK citizens are already degenerating.

Remind yourself of this when you see Nigerians fighting over food or fuel, or jumping queue. It's not the people, it's the circumstances.

4 Likes

Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by Sammerboi: 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2021
This is the result of Boris Johnson and some clueless Tories thinking brexit will make Britain more prosperous.
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by BigBashiru: 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2021
Biodun556:

so you can see there is nothing "white" about caucasians. the savage murderous colonizers are just like us.
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by nextstep(m): 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2021
YorubaKinging:
the end is near

the last kingdom of the Dragon is now in overdrive
the fuel scarcity in the UK is not unconnected to make people and the government to adopt all electric cars before 2023.
Also, many countries are now adopting the use of Central bank Digital Currencies
we are already in the end

People like you would have said the same thing when the world was transitioning from horses to gasoline cars merely 120 years ago.
Or when the world transitioned from trading with gold and precious materials, to fiat currency.

I bet you 30,000 years from now, the world will still be spinning, and some people will still be writing "end times" cool
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by PGKing1(m): 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2021
Naija don enter small small..
..your #1 #plug for #original #backwoods in #naija
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by BigBashiru: 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2021
nextstep:
People are only civilized when there's enough resources to go around. Just a few days of fuel scarcity (or the impression of it), and UK citizens are already degenerating.

Remind yourself of this when you see Nigerians fighting over food or fuel, or jumping queue. It's not the people, it's the circumstances.

I 100% concur. Also the british became colonizers because they are a poor country. they have a small landmass and no resources and are an island. it was because they are poor that they engaged in the uncivilized act of colonization (and associated mass murder/ genocide/ ethnic cleansing) of foreign lands....

1 Like

Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by wolebest: 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
Haha........haha so because of just one fuel scarcity these British people begin fight each other. Yeye dey smell...
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by Thoceen: 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
They are going through what we have gone through. We are not their mate.
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by Zainabthegirl1(f): 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2021
Smh fuel don scarce again
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by mandax: 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2021
Biodun556:

Wow. And onlookers wouldn’t separate the fighters.

In Naija, the fighters would have been stopped or separated by onlookers.

But Nigerians have suffered these no fuel problems for ages.
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by Horlufemi(m): 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2021
Gbogbo wa la ma je breakfast. Asiko lo yato.

Everybody will eat breakfast, the only difference is the time.
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by sameks08(m): 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2021
God is about to disgrace UK over their bad habit towards Biafra nation
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by seunmsg(m): 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2021
bayelsaowei:
grin

Aren't they using electric cars again?

My thought exactly. With all the noise about electric cars and how crude oil is no longer in vogue, one would have expected that the number of cars in the UK would by now be substantially powered by electricity instead of fossil fuel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by Glare247(m): 4:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
RapistOnBail:
grin

Good for them.

Shebi them allow Buhari wey don due, enter their country for treatment?

God! Allow these people suffer for 600 years!

Didirin,what as bihari got to do with this ?

1 Like

Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by Tunagee(m): 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
winterlover:
See yawa oo.
This one go make person proud sey e dey naija small

Very funny, buy you are right. Nigeria aint the only dungeon in the world.
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by Kexman99: 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2021
E dey pain?
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by Yankee101: 5:10pm On Sep 28, 2021
Scarcity and greed are the bedrock of conflict
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by SunTzu123(m): 5:10pm On Sep 28, 2021
Given same conditions, humans will behave the same. Anyone remember hurricane Katrina? That was when I drew this conclusion.
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:11pm On Sep 28, 2021
Tomorrow the APC will use this as a yard stick and Create an artificial fuel scarcity to increase fuel price..if we talk, them go tell us say e dey happen everywhere, even they fought in London!
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by Seyzcham91(m): 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2021
cheesy
AxeofGod:
White Nigerians.
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by Iliya1520: 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
We have already dealed with that problem, let them come to baba buhari to teach them how to settle fuel scarcity.

1 Like

Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by shaybebaby(f): 5:35pm On Sep 28, 2021
seunmsg:

My thought exactly. With all the noise about electric cars and how crude oil is no longer in vogue, one would have expected that the number of cars in the UK would by now be substantially powered by electricity instead of fossil fuel.
Well, in addition to HGV driver shortage, there is a global semiconductor shortage affecting car manufacturers so even if people switched en masses, there isn't enough supply of cars because the manufacturers need them semi conductors for the new vehicles.
This has actually caused the price of used cars to increase as people do not really want to use public transport and no not enough new( both EV and IC) cars.
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by seunmsg(m): 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2021
shaybebaby:

Well, in addition to HGV driver shortage, there is a global semiconductor shortage affecting car manufacturers so even if people switched en masses, there isn't enough supply of cars because the manufacturers need them semi conductors for the new vehicles.
This has actually caused the price of used cars to increase as people do not really want to use public transport and no not enough new( both EV and IC) cars.

This driver shortage thing, did it happen overnight or what? As in, all the previous drivers resigned, retired or died en masse or what?
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by shaybebaby(f): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2021
seunmsg:

This driver shortage thing, did it happen overnight or what? As in, all the previous drivers resigned, retired or died en masse or what?
Valid questions you ask. I think it IS caused by brexit but the full impact masked by the covid lockdowns.
During lockdown, fuel demand was definitely lower due to people not commuting as usual. I could definitely tell because there was zilch traffic. The roads were empty.
In the meantime, a lot of eu workers upped sticks and returned to their countries. The whole brexit referendum brought out a lot of nasties and made being more openly hostile to immigrants commonplace.
Then when we left on the 1st of Jan 2021( still in lockdown), I can imagine there where routes could be planned both from within and outside the UK, without any border consideration or lengthy paper work at each country's borders brexit caused this extra challenge which means increased admin costs. I imagine the eu haulers simply decided to give UK a miss.
So now we are out of lockdown, with many employers demanding workers come back into the office, many people need to start commuting so what was masked by us staying at home has become apparent. The supply chain isn't robust enough to meet normal, not lockdown, levels of demand.
The media is trying to say people are panic buying but let's be real, fuel isn't the same as toilet paper. 4 pounds will get you about 8 rolls of toilet, even if you wanted to hoard and buy 10, that's still only 40 pounds.
A full tank of my small 1 ltr engine car sets me back 40 pounds. A diesel 1.6 Lt engine is about 60 pounds. How many people can afford to buy extra when petrol is about 1 pound 30 pence a litre?

Naaah it's caused by brexit causing labour shortage.Brexit is an own goal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by Orpe7(m): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2021
I thought they have train and buses
Why d fighting
Just go enter train or bus
Worse off get your bicycle and ride grin
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by yeman1(m): 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2021
What we can take in Nigeria , white men cant take it. Imagine ordinary fuel scarcity that has not long !
Biodun556:

Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by kechywillz(m): 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2021
They are the replica of the country they created,Nigeria
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by sirp9898(m): 7:21pm On Sep 28, 2021
It is time they allow their many secrets to go
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by winterlover: 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
Tunagee:

Very funny, buy you are right. Nigeria aint the only dungeon in the world.
grin
Re: UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station by akposking(m): 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2021
Houseofglam7:
Kinda funny
bby am having a hard time falling in love any adv 4 me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iran’s Commander Mohammad Reza Zahedi Killed In Israeli Airstrike in Syria / ‘back To Africa’: French MP Sparks Parliament Outrage / Tanzanian Government Bans The Posting Of Nude, Raunchy Photos On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.