Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! (14303 Views)

Poll: Are things beginning to change for the better?

Yes: 65% (118 votes)
No: 34% (61 votes)
This poll has ended

Woman Turns Her Fridge Into A Wardrobe In This Era Of Change (pix) / The Wind Of Change Is Blowing Cross River State. / "Wind Of Hope" Offers To Sponsor Buhari, Jonathan Debate In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by bumax: 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2007
dinachi tanx a million 4 that incisive and revealing post,u hit the nail"smack"on the head,though some of us are already aware of OBJ & PDP's shenanigans.Aisha i understand ur stand on this issue and i believe i know were u're coming from but sometimes it pays to always look for/see the BIG PICTURE.Until EFCC & ICPC indict OBJ and his boys,their war against corruption will continue to be viewed by majority of nigerians as biased and selective and Nuhu Ribadu as a self-righteous hyprocritical pretender.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 12:05am On Jul 26, 2007
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by IykeD1(m): 12:42am On Jul 26, 2007
@denex,

It was actually a joke (a badly put one) smiley. Of course I am aware at one point the EFCC virtually took over Transcorp in its bid to
x-ray the company's ownership structure, etc. Since nothing came out of it, one must assume there was nothing worth pursuing.
Obviously that action was favorable to OBJ so it won't get any mention.

My point was that the people accusing the EFCC for being selective are very selective in their own way. The EFCC actions must
measure up to their pre-concieved notions of events, anything less means the EFCC is being selective. For them, you will need to
lock up OBJ and everyone else that has anything to do with him before you can convince them that the agency is sincere in its fight
against corruption.

Lastly, while I may not necessary agree with the decision, its worth noting that Yar Adua pulled the plugs on the sale of the
refineries, another demonstration that he is his own man. You won't hear much clapping on that because it goes against the
grain of their belief that Yar Adua is a puppet answerable only to OBJ.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 12:46am On Jul 26, 2007
Yeah I get you. The people's selective perception.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by narcissus(m): 7:55am On Jul 26, 2007
@ mckren
While I might not totally agree with you about my quoting that dictum out of context (I disagree actively as a matter of habit), I have given further thought to your comment and realise that the political intricacies of Nigerian politics would render that dictum flawed. Nice post yours and thanks for sparing Angel101 the trouble. Only God knows how she would have worded her next line of argument. And if you need someone to disagree with, I'll be there for you. Hola

@angel101
phew!!!!! (heaving a sigh of relief) You are feisty though and i don't mind that  wink
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by gbadex1(m): 9:53am On Jul 26, 2007
All thanks to aisha creating this topic.

A sweet change is blowing indeed. Slow but surely steady.

And at all you suckas whining about EFCC and selective justice, i say Bleep that. Till u suckas come home and see the suffering, kids hawking on the streets, the common man living mouth to hand just to survive, then you'd know why people like aisha (and me, of course) are happy about this change. Let's all face facts, none of these corrupt fuckers can be prosecuted at once, Rome was not built in a day . Call it selective, who fcukin' cares. . .
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by gbadex1(m): 9:58am On Jul 26, 2007
Sorry, typo error! I meant to say "all of these corrupt fuckers can't be prosecuted all at once".

Patience, people. Everybody wants everything "sharp~sharp". . . .
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Bolarge(m): 11:13am On Jul 26, 2007
gbade. x:

All thanks to aisha creating this topic.
people like aisha (and me, of course) are happy about this change. Let's all face facts, none of these corrupt fuckers can be prosecuted at once, Rome was not built in a day . Call it selective, who fcukin' cares. . .
Me too.
Abeg tell them my brotha.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by otokx(m): 12:28pm On Jul 26, 2007
Lets see how much of the money that they can recover.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by swiftycool(m): 12:57pm On Jul 26, 2007
grin HaHahaHa,
Wind of change, what a beauty, EFCC checking out d corrupt  Officer who stole #17Billion, and we are all happy the country is getting better
Recently i heard Obj is now worth over #80 Billion, Funny, he claimed he had only #20k on entering office  lipsrsealed
the presidency, that ota farm and Bells school must have been bringing home good profits o, i mean check out like #10 Billion a year for 8yrs

The EFCC is directed and controlled by the big fish to catch unrully small fish; some who happen to be PDP but ond bad side of OBJ,

Aisha, I wonder how many impoverished children ought to have had their stake in d 80 big ones now catered away by the untouchable EFCC director / controller-OBJ! embarassed
Now we smile for the wind of change,  wind of change my arse ,  bulky bullshit  tongue
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Johnny(m): 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2007
Rubbish! Why should we attack political rivals in the name of probing them. How many people from the ruling party have been probed yet?
NIGERIA NEVER CHANGE

Irksome. Incoherent. Negative. Short sightedness. Ignorance. Uncultured. Unschooled. Rubbish. Immaturity. Corrupt. Backwardness. Feeble-minded ETC.
What a pity for people like this! Must you reply every thread?
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by nguage(m): 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2007
Johnny:

Irksome. Incoherent. Negative. Short sightedness. Ignorance. Uncultured. Unschooled. Rubbish. Immaturity. Corrupt. Backwardness. Feeble-minded ETC.
What a pity for people like this! Must you reply every thread?

I pity Nigerians. Most of us are bootlickers, we believe everything we see on NTA. I am being called all sort of names ( ignorant, uncultured ).
ONE DAY IT WILL ALL MAKE SENSE.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 2:13pm On Jul 26, 2007
@n-guage

on no day will you make sense of this issue. I would like you to list all the ex-governors being probed and their corresponding political party affiliation so that even you would tell yourself that you're not making sense.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by angel101(f): 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2007
Its making sense already. 6 immediate past govs in prison custody within 2 months of leaving office. That sure is making sense to me.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by nguage(m): 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2007
ask yourself this questions.
1. why did Turaki leave PDP
2. why did OBJ declare a state of emergency in JOS
3. Why did Kalu leave PDP.
The most important question is '' DID WE VOTE FOR UMARU? ''.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by McKren(m): 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2007
n-guage:

You have simply told everyone that you are not abrest with what happens in Nigeria

Saminu Turaki ochestrated the highest political mass movement in the world into PDP in the run up to last election, he sure claims to have funded 3rd term. So the question you are trying to ask or whatever you are insinuating is invalid.

OBJ declared a State of Emergency in Jos cause Dariye was tacitly supporting christains in the midst of the Religous crisis and thus OBJ needed to earn the trust of Muslims and to show he was on top of the situation, it was nothing personal or a PDP affair.

Orji left PDP to pursue his misguided Presidential ambition, after he lost the elections it is on record that his party was the first to agree in all terms with the PDP to form GNU.

So whatever you are insinuating does not make sense.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by nguage(m): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2007
you only answered the first question.
why did he leave in 2003?
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by angel101(f): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2007
Y dont u answer the most recent one, why did he go back?
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 2:36pm On Jul 26, 2007
And the final and most important question you asked:

DID YOU VOTE?

My friend, I said list the exgovernors in EFCC and the parties they belong to.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by nguage(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2007
answer my questions first.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2007
Ode, this is to show you that you're one of those Nigerians who will not move forward.

I asked you a question first but you want me to answer you first. Your state of mind cannot even allow me have an intelligent discourse with you.

ANSWER ME FIRST! Like say na ya papa get Nairaland.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by McKren(m): 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2007
n-guage:

you only answered the first question.
why did he leave in 2003?

This goes to show your desperation, the war againt corruption was not even an issue of political discuss in 2003

n-guage:

answer my questions first.

You have not asked any question
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by zaksman(m): 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2007
Yar'adua has comenced a good job. he gave the EFCC a clearing ground to carry out its operation effectively. unlike the previous regime that
forced EFCC to concentrate only on some selected people that went out of tone with OBJ. Kudos to Yar'adua. but please, when wil this gesture b
xtended to Obasonjo himself? his ass needs to be on EFCC's line as well.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by zaksman(m): 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2007
ok. thanks aisha
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by IykeD1(m): 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2007
@n-guage

Man, you are leaving in the past. Also, the year is 2007 just in
case you forgot.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by nguage(m): 6:55pm On Jul 26, 2007
Just admit it.
1. The list is not a random list. (''Arrangee'' list in naija terms)
2.Politicians that have been arrested are ''defaulterss''
3. The one that have been ''caught'' were unlucky
4. The political system in Nigeria is fu.cked.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by IykeD1(m): 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2007

Just admit it.
1. The list is not a random list. (''Arrangee'' list in naija terms)
2.Politicians that have been arrested are ''defaulterss''
3. The one that have been ''caught'' were unlucky
4. The political system in Nigeria is fu.cked.

OK, and your point is . . . Please tell me something new.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by JeopardE(m): 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2007
Wow, has this thread been derailed or what?

Just read today that Gov. Peter Obi REFUSED to accept plots of land that were allocated to him by the Anambra State Housing Commission. Said it goes against his conscience.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by denex: 10:06pm On Jul 26, 2007
@n-guage

the question was to list governors and party affiliation not to help us draw inference from your point of view.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 27, 2007
McKren:

You have simply told everyone that you are not abrest with what happens in Nigeria

Saminu Turaki ochestrated the highest political mass movement in the world into PDP in the run up to last election, he sure claims to have funded 3rd term. So the question you are trying to ask or whatever you are insinuating is invalid.

OBJ declared a State of Emergency in Jos cause Dariye was tacitly supporting christains in the midst of the Religous crisis and thus OBJ needed to earn the trust of Muslims and to show he was on top of the situation, it was nothing personal or a PDP affair.

Orji left PDP to pursue his misguided Presidential ambition, after he lost the elections it is on record that his party was the first to agree in all terms with the PDP to form GNU.

So whatever you are insinuating does not make sense.
Point of correction, a State of Emergency was declared in Jos because while Dariyes state was on fire, he in London having fun and even after Obasanjo called him to come back and put out the fire, he went to play golf on IBB Golf Course
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by McKren(m): 9:28am On Jul 27, 2007
Aisha

Not sure what you are actually correcting cause we are saying about the same thing.
Re: A Sweet Wind Of Change Is Blowing In Nigeria! by Bolarge(m): 9:49am On Jul 27, 2007
It's amazing how peeps can't just swallow their pride n' admit they're wrong n' d other party's right. Saves us a whole lot of time,sentiments n' verbiage.

@n-guage
Isn't it 'bout time u bowed out honorably? wink grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Modu Sheriff Will Work For Us In APC – Governor Of Kano / Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices / Senate: Akpabio Blackmailing Us Over NDDC Contracts - Senator Ayo Akinyelure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.