Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,660 members, 7,958,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:59 AM

Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request (22514 Views)

Tinubu Criticises Buhari, Other Leaders For Poor Governance, Failed Promises / Wike Criticises State Pardon Granted To Dariye & Nyame, Garba Shehu Responds / Wike Criticises Dokpesi On His Statement About Atiku Handing Over To The SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by Moferere: 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
richmanrichard:
Anambra borrow themselves out of existence? link pls or you are just making up news to support buhari's excess.

Go to dmo.gov.ng check debt of states

Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by Zainabthegirl1(f): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
Birds of the same feathers.
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by naturefellow(m): 9:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
NGpatriot:

Ignorant and unintelligent, thanks for letting us know that Lagos/Ibadan are both in Niger.

Too many illiterate BifraNISTAN terrorists on NL..
Buhari's foot soldier, well done!
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by Ferrous(m): 9:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
NGpatriot:

The same applies to all federal loans, it's just that many of you don't read or just don't know how to read.

I have never said borrowing is a bad idea, but, the supposed projects to be funded only exists on the pages of newspaper after the weekly FEC meeting; ghost projects.
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by poiZon: 9:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
OLDESTWARRIBOY:

oya with the 13% derivative...what still happen? Have you been to baylesa recently?? Nothing happened. Who loot the money?? Shebi na Buhari and the north shebi?
So u will rather North and buhari loot the money than those from the states that the monies suppose to go to?
I earn 10naira every day, my employer pays me 2naira and share the rest to others who sits at home and play ludo while i was working.
And i protest this anomaly, instead of getting support from my co-workers, they came up with silly and idiotic thoughts.
Brother e better make monies accrued to my state be wastes by people from my state than make aboki wey no sabi nothing dey waste am.
Governance na turn by turn, no govt will be for ever, mostly 8yrs u pack and leave, another person will come in. Someday someday, someone with the fear of God and with patriotic instnct will be at the helm of affairs... I and we will rejoice.
Am from akwaibom, we generate 180mw of electricity, the power plant was built, financed solely by the state govt, but the state doesnt control the power we generate. 80percent of what we generate goes to other states while paltry 20percent is sent back to us.
Is this fair?

2 Likes

Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by GetMeRight: 9:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
Subomi11:
The BMC crew are something else, what is the rationale between the two. N25Billion is less than monthly IGR of Rivers State can same be said of the over N55Trillion borrowed by PMB.

Firstly, you are ignorant of the Rivers state debt and how much Wike himself has borrowed.
Secondly, you have no idea how much Buhari has borrowed, you're only equipped with just propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by NGpatriot: 9:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
sonofElElyon:

Debt burden is the issue... not debt. Countries and federating units can borrow.. there's healthy debt portfolio and unhealthy... Buhari has borrowed, reborrowed, extra borrowed and overborrowed !

Despite their huge IGR potentials, the debt/IGR ratio for Lagos and [b]Rivers states as of December 31, 2020 were 249 per cent and 259 per cent respectively,

https://guardian.ng/news/state-governments-face-historic-liquidity-crises/

You are not making any sense.

The Debt/IGR ratio for Rivers is 259%, even worse than Lagos, it's the lousiest in the whole of Nigeria.

If you are going to open your mouth to debate, bring your fact and not capacity to prove to us that you hate Buhari too.

1 Like

Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by ba2remagaji: 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
This man as finished rivers no any investment from oil coming in compare to former governors before him.he is a dictator
NGpatriot:

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 9:32pm On Sep 27, 2021
poiZon:

So u will rather North and buhari loot the money than those from the states that the monies suppose to go to?
I earn 10naira every day, my employer pays me 2naira and share the rest to others who sits at home and play ludo while i was working.
And i protest this anomaly, instead of getting support from my co-workers, they came up with silly and idiotic thoughts.
Brother e better make monies accrued to my state be wastes by people from my state than make aboki wey no sabi nothing dey waste am.
Governance na turn by turn, no govt will be for ever, mostly 8yrs u pack and leave, another person will come in. Someday someday, someone with the fear of God and with patriotic instnct will be at the helm of affairs... I and we will rejoice.
Am from akwaibom, we generate 180mw of electricity, the power plant was built, financed solely by the state govt, but the state doesnt control the power we generate. 80percent of what we generate goes to other states while paltry 20percent is sent back to us.
Is this fair?

You just claimed you prefer your kinsmen to loot the money than Buhari/north which is the same difference.
Why not fight so that the money will not be looted at all and be used for what's needed.

That power plant issue is story for another day!!
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by Tom1960: 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2021
Wike is a real hypocrite. All the things he is criticizing the federal government for, he is guilty of all of them .

1 Like

Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by SaiOsinbajo: 9:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
Anything to make his gullible followers smile... That guy is a double faced politician like the matchet in his hands... Some individuals are appluading him for fly overs and comparing him to federal government... Who no dey comot house go dey tell person how London be

1 Like

Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by barcaboi(m): 9:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
Bobbysmicky:
Atleast he is working and using the money to transform his state
The trains and the Lagos ibadan roads and second naija and others bn done are from the sky abi?

1 Like

Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by barcaboi(m): 9:41pm On Sep 27, 2021
Moferere:
Still don't understand why states like Rivers, Lagos, Anambra and Ogun are borrowing themselves out of existence.

Na that Lagos and Anambra drunkard Governor own dey vex me pass
And you can’t find any development in Lagos; I say make I ask you o
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by NGpatriot: 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ferrous:

I have never said borrowing is a bad idea, but, the supposed projects to be funded only exists on the pages of newspaper after the weekly FEC meeting; ghost projects.

This is just a reflection of your own ignorance and deceptive mentality since his loans are always attached to specific projects and we have examples all over the place so save your story for your fellow ignorant Igbos..

Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by poiZon: 9:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
OLDESTWARRIBOY:

You just claimed you prefer your kinsmen to loot the money than Buhari/north which is the same difference.
Why not fight so that the money will not be looted at all and be used for what's needed.

That power plant issue is story for another day!!
I should fight that monies won't be looted, like buhari stopped it abi?
There will always be looting...so far loyalty is graded over competency in the nigerian polity..
If buhari that campaign to stop looting is even embroiled in looting, na me wan come stop am.. Will always be advocate of control what u have..
Whether we have thieves who r controlling it doesnt matter. They r just overseeing it but not custodians of the seat. Power is transient.. Tomorrow better leader will come, we don't want him to come start fighting for resource control, 13peecent derivatives, or VAT.

1 Like

Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by NGpatriot: 9:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
naturefellow:
Buhari's foot soldier, well done!

BiafraNISTAN Jihadi Taliban ipob, well done.
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by peterdrock001(m): 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
At least there are some projects to show for it
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by naturefellow(m): 9:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
NGpatriot:

BiafraNISTAN Jihadi Taliban ipob, well done.
as expected. Lowlife!
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by chikason22(m): 9:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
NGpatriot:

Ignorant and unintelligent, thanks for letting us know that Lagos/Ibadan are both in Niger.

Too many illiterate BifraNISTAN terrorists on NL..
Too many Fulani terrorist masquerading as Ngpatriot. Parasitic lazy leeches.

Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by TruthinAction: 9:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
There is no basis of comparison. 25 billion is not a threat to Rivers State financial status. What we are saying is that the federal government has over borrowed. Please the op should have small sense.
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by peterdrock001(m): 10:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
The problem with Buhari's borrowing is that it is used to fund projects that are mostly beneficial to the north
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by NGpatriot: 10:01pm On Sep 27, 2021
naturefellow:
as expected. Lowlife!

As expected, BiafraNISTAN ipobian Taliban JIhadi terrorist..
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2021
poiZon:

I should fight that monies won't be looted, like buhari stopped it abi?
There will always be looting...so far loyalty is graded over competency in the nigerian polity..
If buhari that campaign to stop looting is even embroiled in looting, na me wan come stop am.. Will always be advocate of control what u have..
Whether we have thieves who r controlling it doesnt matter. They r just overseeing it but not custodians of the seat. Power is transient.. Tomorrow better leader will come, we don't want him to come start fighting for resource control, 13peecent derivatives, or VAT.

See I'm all for each state controlling their resource and all that but the main issue, it's still won't fix anything. They will still loot the money. The only ones that will benefits are Governors and LGA chairmans
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by tonyzeal(m): 10:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
Wike is working and we all have seen the projects he executed so far in his state;he is the most active governor in south-south and south East combined together;can someone show us what buhari has done with his so far?

1 Like

Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by Kingpin1000: 10:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
Mynd44:
What is the problem?

You have never seen an hypocrite before?

Abegi

The difference of Wike na Buhari is Wike is working while Buhari is sleeping
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by philanj(m): 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
Bobbysmicky:
Atleast he is working and using the money to transform his state
A very bais comments
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by poiZon: 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
OLDESTWARRIBOY:

See I'm all for each state controlling their resource and all that but the main issue, it's still won't fix anything. They will still loot the money. The only ones that will benefits are Governors and LGA chairmans
It will fix many things.. What we need is power, power n power.
Once there is stable power, average youth can do what he wants with lean resources.
States will have state police, na indigenes of that state them go employ, human capacity devt will be pursued earnestly, someone won't sit in asorock and wants to install a govr in someone's state.
There will be competition cos states won't wait for abuja to give them money.

I see beyond present crop of leaders, i don't believe all nigerians r evil like the present leaders we have..
When lateed jakande was govr of lagos state, he did so many things... His legacies r still visible till today...
Today most states r lazy cos they know atall atall money must enter their account every month end. With or without working..
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
poiZon:

Once there is stable power, average youth can do what he wants with lean resources.
States will have state police, na indigenes of that state them go employ, human capacity devt will be pursued earnestly, someone won't sit in asorock and wants to install a govr in someone's state.

I see beyond present crop of leaders, i don't believe all nigerians r evil like the present leaders we have..
When lateed jakande was govr of lagos state, he did so many things... His legacies r still visible till today...
Today most states r lazy cos they know atall atall money must enter their account every month end. With or without working..

you are looking at it from the American perspective....lol fantasy!!

I'm looking at it from this shit hole perspective... Reality. Nothing will happen
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by DCmonster: 10:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
Titto93:

U re too biased to be a mod.
As much as u try to hide it, it is in u.
The guy is a very foolish individual, showing his bias ass on every thread that supports APC.
Now we all know where we all stand.
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by Slic1: 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2021
Wike borrowed 25billion to finish up some of his project. This loan will be paid in full before by April 2023. @ the rate of over 1billion naira a month. This money is very to compared to monthly IGR of river state. I don't work for rivers not a fan but love to on the part of truth.
This can not be compared with the money FG is borrowing to be paid for many years(20-30) with huge % of internally generated revenue.
Re: Wike Borrows ₦25 Billion Yet Wike Criticises Buhari’s Fresh Loan Request by Slic1: 10:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
poiZon:

Wike borrowed 25billion to finish up some of his project. This loan will be paid in full before by April 2023. @ the rate of over 1billion naira a month. This money is very to compared to monthly IGR of river state. I don't work for rivers not a fan but love to on the part of truth.
This can not be compared with the money FG is borrowing to be paid for many years(20-30) with huge % of internally generated revenue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Moves To Sideline Wike / El-Rufai Visits Okorocha In Owerri (pics) / Senators Pass Tax Bill That They Have Not Seen Or Read - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.