Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,463 members, 7,864,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process - Properties (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process (42210 Views)

Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? / Construction Process Of Our Bungalow Apartments. / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS FOR A 3000 SEATER EVENT CENTRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2022
Living room, dining rooms and other common areas being tiled..........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2022
Floor tiles skirting.........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by michlins(m): 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2022
spyder880:
Floor tiles skirting.........
the black tiles, do they have a specific name?
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2022
michlins:
the black tiles, do they have a specific name?

These are the marble face tiles made by Time ceramics.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:54am On Dec 03, 2022
More works going on as we tile the walls and floors of this building..........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:56am On Dec 03, 2022
More floor tile skirting...........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:38am On Dec 05, 2022
We have almost completed the tiling works in this house, more pictures later.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
Kitchen floor tiles, counter top tiles, all going on............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2022
Some completed kitchens, remaining the top.............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2022
Starting the steps..........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2022
Wall tiles grouting in progress.........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2022
Staircase tiles ongoing..........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by folyshow: 6:47am On Dec 10, 2022
spyder880:
Some completed kitchens, remaining the top.............

Engineer, what usually determine your choice of kitchen cabinets (i.e. when to use bricks/concrete top and when to use boards/granite top)? Is it strictly the factor of budget or there are some other engineering factors to be considered before choosing what to go for. Secondly, does the type of kitchen cabinets add or reduces rental values?

Thanks
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:17am On Dec 10, 2022
folyshow:

Engineer, what usually determine your choice of kitchen cabinets (i.e. when to use bricks/concrete top and when to use boards/granite top)? Is it strictly the factor of budget or there are some other engineering factors to be considered before choosing what to go for. Secondly, does the type of kitchen cabinets add or reduces rental values?

Thanks

What usually determine the choice of cabinets, is usually the intended use of the house. I am a person that sees rental property as a business, and I make my decisions on the choice of materials on cost, and durability.

For a rental house, the focus should be on the choice that takes the least cost to build, and that won't make the landlord to be coming back to maintain or repair the fittings in a house every now and then, hence my preference for a stronger cabinet based on concrete, then tiling over it to make it look better. Some tenants could be very rough, and even careless, and so damage to wooden fittings are more rampant as the house is rented from one family to another. The front will have wooden cabinets. The top will be finished with strong, white slippery tiles that ensures easier cleaning.

When we come to private residential property, the focus is on the comfort of the owners/occupiers of the building. So I usually go for stronger cabinets, since its usually one or two kitchens at most, we finish the top with granite/marble to suit the taste of the owners. Since it's a private residential house, the owners will be more careful with the wooden cabinets.

Pictures 1 and 2, concrete cabinets for a rental block of flats I built somewhere.

Pictures 3 and 4, wooden cabinets I built for some private residential buildings somewhere.

4 Likes

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by folyshow: 6:50am On Dec 11, 2022
spyder880:

What usually determine the choice of cabinets, is usually the intended use of the house. I am a person that sees rental property as a business, and I make my decisions on the choice of materials on cost, and durability.

For a rental house, the focus should be on the choice that takes the least cost to build, and that won't make the landlord to be coming back to maintain or repair the fittings in a house every now and then, hence my preference for a stronger cabinet based on concrete, then tiling over it to make it look better. Some tenants could be very rough, and even careless, and so damage to wooden fittings are more rampant as the house is rented from one family to another. The front will have wooden cabinets. The top will be finished with strong, white slippery tiles that ensures easier cleaning.

When we come to private residential property, the focus is on the comfort of the owners/occupiers of the building. So I usually go for stronger cabinets, since its usually one or two kitchens at most, we finish the top with granite/marble to suit the taste of the owners. Since it's a private residential house, the owners will be more careful with the wooden cabinets.

Pictures 1 and 2, concrete cabinets for a rental block of flats I built somewhere.

Pictures 3 and 4, wooden cabinets I built for some private residential buildings somewhere.

Thanks for the very detailed response.

2 Likes

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 9:20am On Dec 11, 2022
We bought and offloaded many tiles in this site yesterday. We will start working with the tiles today. More pictures later.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:34am On Dec 12, 2022
Tiles still being done in this site, more pictures later.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:35am On Dec 12, 2022
We might start the construction of a security man house for this property as soon as possible. More pictures about this later.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:17am On Dec 13, 2022
The staircase finish is ongoing..........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2022
We are set to start buying materials for the sanitary wares installation, kitchen and bedroom cabinets, handrails and painting of this house.

More pictures as we start off these works.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:18am On Dec 17, 2022
Meanwhile, kitchen counter top getting ready.........

Work still in progress, grouting, and other finish works still going on.

2 Likes

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:21am On Dec 17, 2022
We have also bought and offloaded some sanitary wares needed to complete this house, more pictures from this site later.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 9:47am On Dec 22, 2022
We have purchased many of the materials we need to fit sanitary wares in this building............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 9:51am On Dec 22, 2022
More works done

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 9:53am On Dec 22, 2022
We started by fitting the water heater units..........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 9:55am On Dec 22, 2022
Placing WC sets..............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 9:58am On Dec 22, 2022
We are also fitting the shower sets on each bathroom...........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2022
More from our works today..........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by rukyboy(m): 12:43pm On Dec 24, 2022
Well-done sir.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2022
rukyboy:
Well-done sir.

Thank you bro.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 9:08am On Dec 26, 2022
The next stage of this work is to build kitchen and bedroom cabinets here. We have gone to the market and bought a lot of materials needed for this work.

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 9:09am On Dec 26, 2022
Our preferred colour for the cabinets............

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (33) (Reply)

Aluminium Vs Asbestos Roofing Sheets. / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Flat Roof Design In Nigeria / Building A 2 Bedroom Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.