Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process - Properties (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process (41644 Views)

Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? / Construction Process Of Our Bungalow Apartments. / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS FOR A 3000 SEATER EVENT CENTRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by rukyboy(m): 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2023
spyder880:

What usually determine the choice of cabinets, is usually the intended use of the house. I am a person that sees rental property as a business, and I make my decisions on the choice of materials on cost, and durability.

For a rental house, the focus should be on the choice that takes the least cost to build, and that won't make the landlord to be coming back to maintain or repair the fittings in a house every now and then, hence my preference for a stronger cabinet based on concrete, then tiling over it to make it look better. Some tenants could be very rough, and even careless, and so damage to wooden fittings are more rampant as the house is rented from one family to another. The front will have wooden cabinets. The top will be finished with strong, white slippery tiles that ensures easier cleaning.

When we come to private residential property, the focus is on the comfort of the owners/occupiers of the building. So I usually go for stronger cabinets, since its usually one or two kitchens at most, we finish the top with granite/marble to suit the taste of the owners. Since it's a private residential house, the owners will be more careful with the wooden cabinets.

Pictures 1 and 2, concrete cabinets for a rental block of flats I built somewhere.

Pictures 3 and 4, wooden cabinets I built for some private residential buildings somewhere.

Sorry to drag you back to this.

At the end of the day. Which of them is cheaper to construct?

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by prophetwis: 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
Professionalism at its best .Is there how you can update on the cost to date and cost to completion.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:19pm On Jan 17, 2023
rukyboy:

Sorry to drag you back to this.

At the end of the day. Which of them is cheaper to construct?

The wooden cabinets are usually more expensive to build because it requires better wood for frame strength, and most times granite counter tops, which are much costlier than tiles.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:19pm On Jan 17, 2023
prophetwis:
Professionalism at its best .Is there how you can update on the cost to date and cost to completion.

I will calculate the total construction cost till this stage later today. Welcome.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by gigdfhjjhvc: 8:02pm On Jan 17, 2023
redgem:

This first door is fine....I like it but it's American panel and I heard it does not even stay up to 3yrs...

Boss has confirmed the door it is good to go
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:10am On Jan 22, 2023
Our handrails, steprails has arrived this site. My masons are already fitting the handrails. More pictures from this site later...........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:51am On Jan 24, 2023
Handrails, steprails.............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:54am On Jan 24, 2023
More pictures............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:54am On Jan 27, 2023
In this site, we will move to complete this house, expect to see works on interior walls screeding, wall painting, electrical wiring, electrical fittings, soakaway connections, industrial cleaning and also the construction of a new security man house in this site as from today.

Many more pictures of work progress as we move to complete this house so the owners can rent them out to waiting tenants.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by redgem(f): 10:14am On Jan 29, 2023
spyder880:

Good morning my sister, we used white cement for the walls, a brand called JK. It has an original and a fake. I don't know tilers in Benin, I will make calls to see who can move to Benin to work. Thanks.

Update...

Got a tiler here...thank you Sir..

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 1:36pm On Jan 29, 2023
redgem:

Update...

Got a tiler here...thank you Sir..

That's good, hope he does a good work.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 1:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
We have bought a lot of materials which we plan to use in the screeding of the inside walls of this building............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 2:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
Pictures from our foundation excavation works for the security man house.............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 2:13pm On Jan 29, 2023
We bought 1000 pcs of blocks.........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by redgem(f): 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
spyder880:

That's good, hope he does a good work.

I hope so too...not there to inspect but he sent me some videos and pictures

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
redgem:

I hope so too...not there to inspect but he sent me some videos and pictures

Looks good so far.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 4:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
Concrete blinding of the foundation trenches for the security man house..............

We plan to start laying blocks in the foundation by tomorrow morning.

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by redgem(f): 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
spyder880:

Looks good so far.

Thank you Sir....much appreciated
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:43pm On Jan 30, 2023
We have commenced works on the screeding process of this internal walls of this house. ..........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2023
More walls done ..............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2023
Electrical wiring of this house started today..........

We are using Cutix cables for this work and others.........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2023
Wires popping out of walls ...........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:29pm On Jan 30, 2023
Laying foundation blocks for this BQ............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by redgem(f): 12:05pm On Jan 31, 2023
spyder880:
More walls done ..............

Wow....black cement screeding right? Is it better than white screeding and wall putty?

Please what is the total sqm of one of the 3 bedroom apartment? And for the screeding, can you please help with the materials estimate...like how many bags of cement, top bond etc was used in one of the apartments 🙏🙏🙏
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 9:22pm On Jan 31, 2023
redgem:

Wow....black cement screeding right? Is it better than white screeding and wall putty?

Please what is the total sqm of one of the 3 bedroom apartment? And for the screeding, can you please help with the materials estimate...like how many bags of cement, top bond etc was used in one of the apartments 🙏🙏🙏

I will have more information as the work progresses. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by redgem(f): 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2023
spyder880:

I will have more information as the work progresses. Thanks.

Okay Sir...waiting for updates
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:38am On Feb 01, 2023
The foundation of the BQ is in progress...........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:06am On Feb 01, 2023
Updates on the screeding of walls..........

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:18am On Feb 01, 2023
More interior pictures as we race to complete this building.............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:20am On Feb 01, 2023
More........

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by redgem(f): 10:16pm On Feb 01, 2023
spyder880:
More........

Wow...as it is looking now, it doesn't need painting...good job Sir

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 11:17am On Feb 02, 2023
Foundation filling done and completed...........

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (33) (Reply)

4 Storey Building Collapsed, Many Trapped Inside, In Anambra (graphic Pics) / JOEPOOL Wave Ltd (swimming Pool Construction Company) / Tenant Sues Landlady For Refusing To Sell Her House To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.