Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) (27603 Views)

Why We Took Over Nigeria Railway’s Land –wike / Buhari's Railway Revolution / Nigeria Developing Fast - Railway Revolution In Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by mybiz234: 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2021
Reflect7:

Stop shifting the goalpost. A breakdown is a breakdown. There is no distinction in the railway industry between a 'major' and 'minor' breakdown. That's a matter of personal opinion, and perhaps the degree to which you were affected by it..

It's no comfort that it's only a 'minor' breakdown if you're stranded in an underground tunnel, sometimes for hours, as happens quite regularly in the UK.

So, bad door handle on a coach is similar to a total breakdown while in transit?
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by mybiz234: 9:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ovamboland:

The idiot is in full meltdown mode, it's now about Buhari and Igbo, no longer about trains and breakdown.

The
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by mybiz234: 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ovamboland:

Oyinbo street sweeper and gutter drainer, i 'm not competing to take your job, i just presented an example of one brand new German train that broke down on the first day of operation in 2017, not after 1 week or 1 year, and caught fire the next year 2018, even Chinese-built Nigerian trains don't have that abysmal record.

I knew you will help them lick their urine from the floor as always, afterall you make your living from cleaning their dirt

I expect you to provide evidence, not just rant
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by NGpatriot: 9:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
The only thing these BiafraNISTAN Jihadi frustrated ipobians know how to do and all they have to offer is their ignorance, illiteracy, bad bele hatred and sadness, nothing more ..

Ignore them, don't let them derail this beautiful thread with their terrorist posts, sadness and anti-progress and development mentality...
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by Reflect7: 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2021
mybiz234:

So, bad door handle on a coach is similar to a total breakdown while in transit?

Insofar as it stops the train moving, either through the direct action of the driver (as instructed), or through automatic design, a malfunctioning door can constitute a breakdown.

You seem to have it in your head that 'breakdown' means engine failure of some sort. Like how a car breaks down. That's not how it is with trains Mr.

In trains a driver can even stop because he saw some flashing lights come up in his dashboard indicating there is some mechanical issue, and he would stop, even though the train can run perfectly well! That stop constitutes a breakdown! Until the source of the fault is discoverd by an engineer.
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by mybiz234: 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2021
Reflect7:

Insofar as it stops the train moving, either through the direct action of the driver (as instructed), or through automatic design, a malfunctioning door can be the source of a breakdown.

Lolz. Does a malfunction door stop the engine from working?
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by Reflect7: 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
mybiz234:

Lolz. Does a malfunction door stop the engine from working?

In some modern, computerised trains, yes, unless the driver then goes into emergency mode, and forces acceleration, say he's inside a tunnel for instance, and needs to move out for safety reasons etc.
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by NGpatriot: 9:29pm On Sep 29, 2021
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by NGpatriot: 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2021
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by mybiz234: 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2021
Reflect7:

In some modern, computerised trains, yes, unless the driver then goes into emergency mode, and forces acceleration, say he's inside a tunnel for instance, and needs to move out for safety reasons etc.

Empty conjectures. Seeking a cover for absurdity
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by mybiz234: 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2021
NGpatriot:
grin grin grin

Is this what you spent 60 billion dollars on? grin

Does your Brain agree with this fraud or you are just forcing yourself to agree with it? grin
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by NGpatriot: 9:39pm On Sep 29, 2021
[s]
mybiz234:

Is this what you spent 60 billion dollars on? grin

Does your Brain agree with this fraud or you are just forcing yourself to agree with it? grin
[/s]

grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by NGpatriot: 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2021
grin................

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by sunboy(m): 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
Reflect7:

Do you know what 'operational' means?

It means: ''in or ready for use, eg "the new laboratory is fully operational"''

- Oxford Dictionary

https://www.google.com/search?q=operational+meaning&sxsrf=AOaemvIQlu-MGQBt1cx8u2aB5r-KotB7wQ%3A1632945489860&source=hp&ei=UcVUYZ_cMIiQxc8PqaasmA4&iflsig=ALs-wAMAAAAAYVTTYYM7L5xdj4tjuqp8reljKIWLoKDb&oq=operational&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYCDIICAAQgAQQsQMyCAgAEIAEELEDMgsIABCABBCxAxCDATILCAAQgAQQsQMQgwEyCAgAEIAEELEDMgUIABCABDILCAAQgAQQsQMQgwEyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQ6BQgAEJECOgQIABBDOggILhCABBCxAzoOCC4QgAQQsQMQxwEQ0QM6EQguEIAEELEDEMcBENEDEMkDOgUIABCSAzoRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQrwE6CwguEIAEELEDEIMBOggIABCxAxCDAToICC4QsQMQgwE6BQguEIAEOg4ILhCABBCxAxCDARCTAlDTBVj5E2CpK2gAcAB4AIABigGIAZcIkgEDNy40mAEAoAEB&sclient=gws-wiz

So, are Nigeria's high speed trains ''in or ready for use'', ie operational?

Yes they are.

Now run along, you miserable twerp.

Your father is miserable.
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by NGpatriot: 10:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
grin grin

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 10:34pm On Sep 29, 2021
Reflect7:

If the standard gauge rail line cannot carry cargo, pray, WHAT type of rail are you talking about, dude?

You're full of bullcrap.

The Warri-Ajaokuta-Itakpe line carries massive steel pipes, and you're saying the lines cannot carry containers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C45T3kgY3rg
nice video but the pipes are not heavy at all they are hollow inside. The train only has one horse which means to load is not heavy at all. If the train has two three or four horses that means the load is very heavy each horse is about 3000 horsepower. Rob is not heavy load up or go and sleep. Round pipes and not heavy at all.

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by NGpatriot: 12:10am On Sep 30, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:
nice video but the pipes are not heavy at all they are hollow inside. The train only has one horse which means to load is not heavy at all. If the train has two three or four horses that means the load is very heavy each horse is about 3000 horsepower. Rob is not heavy load up or go and sleep. Round pipes and not heavy at all.

DF8B diesel locomotive, as the mainline freight diesel locomotive with the highest power for single diesel engine in China, is the ideal traction power for speedup of heavy mainline freight transportation

New technologies such as microcomputer control system, large-screen color liquid crystal display, dynamic brake unit for self-load test at full power and etc., are utilized in this locomotive. It is modern in electric control technology and excellent in dynamic performance.

DF8B diesel locomotive is widely used in state railway and industrial and mining companies

https://www.crrcgc.cc/qsyen/g3783/s22469/t274191.aspx[/b]

The Freight train in the picture, the same one we bought from China is DF8B High-Power Diesel-electric Locomotive

The Service power is 3680kW = 4934.961 Horsepower, basically 5,000 Horsepower.

Just the single locomotive in the picture ferrying the pipes but this lying illiterate is talking ignorant nonsense about 3 trains joining to form 3000 HP when in fact our 1 single locomotive commands heavy-duty 5,000 HP.

I just don't know why you and your kind think it's by force to keep sounding ignorant, unintelligent, shallow and lie endlessly as if not lying means death to you.

Why?

Why do you people do this?

We get it, you hate Nigeria, but must you embarrass and keep embarrassing yourself and your entire village that their education money was wasted on you?

Btw, are you hateful, bitter, ignorant and bigoted Igbos allergic to research, reading and comprehension?

How sad, pathetic and embarrassing can you Igbos be,?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by GeneralDae: 12:41am On Sep 30, 2021
NGpatriot:

The Freight train in the picture, the same one we bought from China is DF8B High-Power Diesel-electric Locomotive

Just the single locomotive in the picture ferrying the pipes but this lying illiterate is talking ignorant nonsense about 3 trains joining to form 3000 HP when in fact our 1 single locomotive commands heavy-duty 5,000 HP.

I just don't know why you and your kind think it's by force to keep sounding ignorant, unintelligent, shallow and lie endlessly as if not lying means death to you.

Why?

We get it, you hate Nigeria, but must you embarrass and keep embarrassing yourself and your entire village that their education money was wasted on you?

Btw, are you hateful, bitter, ignorant and bigoted Igbos allergic to research, reading and comprehension?

Trust me, he would follow up with another absurd claim. Remember he first began by lying that he is currently working on the project. grin
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by NGpatriot: 1:48am On Sep 30, 2021
GeneralDae:

Trust me, he would follow up with another absurd claim. Remember he first began by lying that he is currently working on the project. grin

I trust you, I know them and I've been dealing with them forever, they are all ignorant, unintelligent and illiterate trolls. I'm 100% sure he'll return with another illiterate rubbish, that's what trolls do.

....and the fact that they are Igbos and anti Nigerian elements means they are allergic to progress and development in Nigeria, it makes them sad and depressed.
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by Ovamboland(m): 8:36am On Sep 30, 2021
NGpatriot:

I trust you, I know them and I've been dealing with them forever, they are all ignorant, unintelligent and illiterate trolls. I'm 100% sure he'll return with another illiterate rubbish, that's what trolls do.

....and the fact that they are Igbos and anti Nigerian elements means they are allergic to progress and development in Nigeria, it makes them sad and depressed.

Sad and depressed shall thet remain as Nigeria hits new milestones of progress
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 9:04am On Sep 30, 2021
NGpatriot:

Why?

You are a total illiterate I said each horse is 3,000 horsepower. Saw three horses is 9000 horsepower. Please tell me which one is more 5000 horsepower or 9000 horsepower. This train are heavy duty made in United States of America.. 75 wagons. 5000 horsepower for a single horse is temporary horse power it is not continuous. You need to understand for trains there is the temporary maximum horsepower and there is the continuous horsepower. It is the same thing with vehicles you buy which date did on vehicles like cars and suvs is temporary HP mostly in 10 minutes the maximum horsepower it is not the continuous horsepower. Like for trucks they give the maximum temporary horsepower and the continuous horsepower. You can find a vehicle's engine 2.5 Litres 250 horsepower the maximum temporary which is less than 10 minutes. then you find a truck with a 5 Litres engine which is 210 horsepower continuous horsepower. What this means the vehicle was it delivers that was par for more than 10 minutes the engine will knock. It is the same thing with trains there is the maximum temporary horsepower and the maximum continuous horsepower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuVFWIt-mTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM8HS5CMt_A

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by mybiz234: 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

grin grin grin grin

Where is Tinubu today? grin
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by Ovamboland(m): 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

You are a total illiterate I said each horse is 3,000 horsepower. Saw three horses is 9000 horsepower. Please tell me which one is more 5000 horsepower or 9000 horsepower. This train are heavy duty made in United States of America.. 75 wagons. 5000 horsepower for a single horse is temporary horse power it is not continuous. You need to understand for trains there is the temporary maximum horsepower and there is the continuous horsepower. It is the same thing with vehicles you buy which date did on vehicles like cars and suvs is temporary HP mostly in 10 minutes the maximum horsepower it is not the continuous horsepower. Like for trucks they give the maximum temporary horsepower and the continuous horsepower. You can find a vehicle's engine 2.5 Litres 250 horsepower the maximum temporary which is less than 10 minutes. then you find a truck with a 5 Litres engine which is 210 horsepower continuous horsepower. What this means the vehicle was it delivers that was par for more than 10 minutes the engine will knock. It is the same thing with trains there is the maximum temporary horsepower and the maximum continuous horsepower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuVFWIt-mTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM8HS5CMt_A

What prevents NRC from hitching together 2 or 3 locomotive engines of DF8B of 5000Hp each to get 10,000 - 15,000HP traction power when freight services from the seaport commence fully?

Even if you allow for maximum or continuous power differentials the available traction will meet or surpass the 9000HP from other places that fascinate you.
I still don't see what all these voyage is all about
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by Ovamboland(m): 6:58am On Oct 01, 2021
For those still nursing the belief that there are private investors waiting to put money into our rail infrastructure or concession/franchise is always an easy way out for rail passenger service listen to the challenges of British Rail.

Their privatization plan has failed woefully, due to a preponderance of unprofitable but critical lines.
But rail service is critical to economic growth. Not having them is a huge minus.

Hope those asking for the direct returns from rail investment vs loan repayment learn a thing or two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlTq8DbRs4k
https://youtu.be/DlTq8DbRs4k
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution (Pictures) by gigov8: 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2022
Good plan! It's always pleasant to see how the things are developing. In case of modern railroads - I hope that all modern railway companies use such up-to-date railway simulators. The future is here!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Army Arrests An 'Unknown Gunman' From Ebonyi State (Video) / Nigeria And Germany Sign The 11,000mw Roadmap Deal To Improve Electricity - APC / Edo PDP Primary: Obaseki Says No Cause For Alarm And He Will Participate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.