Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? (2469 Views)

If Nigeria Breaks, Can Your State Survive Without Monthly Allocation From Abuja? / Alakija: Raising VAT Will Hurt Entrepreneurs / 7.2% VAT Will Dampen Nigerians’ Purchasing Power, Say Financial Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
VAT is not a production tax, but terminal tax which is paid by the ultimate consumer.

I meant can’t the states survive from the sharing of oil income, stamp duty, taxes from companies etc collected by the federal government.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 28, 2021
kmcutez:

I meant can’t the states survive from the sharing of oil income, stamp duty, taxes from companies etc collected by the federal government.
Once states start collecting VATs, the money all the states get from the FG will reduce.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by SarkinYarki: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2021
Thing will end up in massive inflation

3 Likes

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 8:49am On Sep 28, 2021
kmcutez:

IF state collect VAT, FG money go reduce,
if FG money reduce, money given to state govt will reduce also,
if money given to states reduces, inflation will bite in some states,
if inflation bites, hunger go reset people brain,
if hunger reset agbero and touts brains, people will be forced to migrate
If they migrate, crime will increase,
If crime increses, no state is safe.
If no state is safe, investments will not be safe,

4 Likes

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Once states start collecting VATs, the money all the states get from the FG will reduce.

richmond500:
if that happens, money given to state govt will reduce also,
if that happens, inflation will bite in some states,
if that happens, hunger go reset people brain,
if that happens, people will be forced to migrate
If that happens crime will increase,
If that happens, no state is safe.

Ok. Thanks.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by FakeUnity: 9:01am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
[s]do u use Naira? Does any of ur credentials have Biafra nationality?
What makes u think u aren't Nigerian?

Anyways I don't want to turn the thread into something else.
When I created the thread, I didn't even think of tribal sentiments, how u were able to drag igbo into this thread is overwhelmingly astonishing[/s].

Zombieristic Abokeyna, you are lying to your empty skull and your kind that you didn't think of Igbos when you were opening this thread.

How you monkeys think has been studied with 100% predictive accuracy by our likes. grin
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Kyase(m): 9:01am On Sep 28, 2021
Well
Benue May and May not survive
We have what it takes to survive but we don’t have the brain to use it(leaders)
Abeg make dem stop this rough play
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by chigator2: 9:03am On Sep 28, 2021
Brimstone77:
this is my main reason of viewing this thread and I'm not disappointed...

A day without zombies mentioning ipob or Igbo is like a day wasted.... kiss kiss

richmond500 a Zombie indeed.

This guys their hate can't just be hidden, the more they try to sound platonic the more it slips out.

He capitalized lmo and tagged Ipob equating with Almajiri as if Igbos ever begged from whatever insignificant group he belongs. Irony that this sentiment is likely coming from people who claimed abandoned properties and businesses belonging to others after Civil War. Shameless
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 28, 2021
extol1:
kogi, capital NO
In your dream, you think immediately supreme pass their judgement in favour of state now, everything would be taxed including the the road you used, the VAT would be according to consumption pattern. Many things would change, you will pay tenament rate anywhere you stay. All the state in Nigeria will survive..
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by chigator2: 9:05am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
Will your state survive if every states collects VAT because there will be different VAT for different states assuming each States collects its own VAT

States like IMO, Kebbi, Zamfara, Osun will need to have 1000% increase to break-even, meaning despite this, they won't still make profile from tax, while the most viable state like Bayelsa will have at least 200% increase to break-even, it is not rocket science to know that at least 30 states will go bankrupt.

States like Lagos, Rivers and Oyo will have people coming into the states daily in numbers due to massive inflation in their respective states which will lead to overpopulation in Rivers and Lagos(already overpopulated), only 3 States will keep progressing geometrically while the rest states will have a massive decline in commerce and trade.

Me, I no go like Almajiri and Ipob in Rivers state o, we never deal with cultism problem finish

This half witted fellow ehnn, how does VAT allocation relate to inflation.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by IBBG(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2021
All states will be viable when each state collects their VAT. VAT is consumption tax. So each time you consume a value added product, you pay VAT. every state in Nigeria has population who consume product as a result VAT will be generated. As it is, FIRS is inefficient in collecting VAT as they so many areas that have been brought into the VAT net. States are better placed to explore these if they collect VAT themselves.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Lawlab249: 9:30am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
what state?

Ebonyi state
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Vulcanheph(m): 9:35am On Sep 28, 2021
psucc:
It may surprise you that some of these states will wake up to their responsibilities. Within one to two fiscal year, there'll be a tremendous increase (positive) in VAT generation.
I agree with you... Due to the fact that most of these low producing states are always waiting for money from FG, they've stopped looking inwards to develop themselves.
Most states have resources that are under utilized by the state government because they are waiting for FG funds.

It will also make many Governors sit up and start working with whatever they have.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Gerrard59(m): 9:55am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
that can never happen, the states will take at least a decade to get back on their feet cos people will run away from the states when inflation bites

Not true at all. The problem is effective tax compliance. Prior to Udom being the governor of Akwa Ibom, the state had a low IGR and tax-to-revenue generation. Within a year and a half, it soared to the extent the state generated in six months what she generated in a whole year prior to his election.

It's the political will provided the state is open to businesses, different people and cultures not banning mannequins and converting viewing centres to Islamic schools.

2 Likes

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Coldie(m): 10:14am On Sep 28, 2021
Imagine it Abia that with VAT is already miserable imagine minisung VAT which is like #20billion from their allocation, will they survive?
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 28, 2021
Kyase:
Well
Benue May and May not survive
We have what it takes to survive but we don’t have the brain to use it(leaders)
Abeg make dem stop this rough play
Ogun state will soon pass the VAT bill too.

If the court gives the states the go ahead, there will be no going back on this VATs issue.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Brimstone77: 11:13am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
Am I suppose to ask ur body count?

We dont use dollar in Nigeria, we use Naira, were u living under a rock?

liar
so you don't use dollars in Nigeria??

Well you can believe what ever you like who cares??
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 11:15am On Sep 28, 2021
Brimstone77:
so you don't use dollars in Nigeria??

Well you can believe what ever you like who cares??
Oga we don't use dollar, we exchange it to Naira and use Naira
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Brimstone77: 11:16am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
Oga we don't use dollar, we exchange it to Naira and use Naira
ok maybe you travel to America to do the exchange..
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by udemzyudex(m): 11:18am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
some states are economically more viable than others, and therefore could generate massive tax easily even if VAT price is very low. Others states doesn't have this advantage and to keep up with their spending, taxation will be disproportionately increased, this will also affect inter-state commerce with different tax values, some states will definitely go bankrupt, despite the states not economically viable, the tax will be massive.

I stand to be corrected

I think you're right.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 11:20am On Sep 28, 2021
Brimstone77:
ok maybe you travel to America to do the exchange..
I see, u live under a rock, there are many companies and banks that exchange dollar to Naira in Nigeria.

Chukwudi, come out of ur 2X2 shop and see how things work
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Brimstone77: 11:27am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
I see, u live under a rock, there are many companies and banks that exchange dollar to Naira in Nigeria.

Chukwudi, come out of ur 2X2 shop and see how things work
they do the exchange in Nigeria yet you claim you don't use dollars in Nigeria...

Weldon sir!
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 11:32am On Sep 28, 2021
Brimstone77:
they do the exchange in Nigeria yet you claim you don't use dollars in Nigeria...

Weldon sir!
Oh God!!!!
Are u daft or what?

Lemme explain better and use pictures in ur level so u could understand.

Nigeria don't use dollar, if u have dollar, u need to change it to Naira before it could be used, lemmne use this picture for clarification

1 Like

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Kyase(m): 11:35am On Sep 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Ogun state will soon pass the VAT bill too.

If the court gives the states the go ahead, there will be no going back on this VATs issue.
That won’t happen though
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Brimstone77: 11:36am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
Oh God!!!!
Are u daft or what?

Lemme explain better and use pictures in ur level so u could understand.

Nigeria don't use dollar, if u have dollar, u need to change it to Naira before it could be used, lemmne use this picture for clarification
you don't have sense at all? Since you don't use dollar why do you exchange it in Nigeria??

Please I don't usually ague with dumb people..
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Genesiis(m): 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
if FG money reduce, money given to state govt will reduce also,
if money given to states reduces, inflation will bite in some states,
if inflation bites, hunger go reset people brain,
if hunger reset agbero and touts brains, people will be forced to migrate
If they migrate, crime will increase,
If crime increses, no state is safe.
If no state is safe, investments will not be safe,
"IF"

Under assumption
It may or may not happen the way you have described it.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Genesiis(m): 12:04pm On Sep 28, 2021
Coldie:
Imagine it Abia that with VAT is already miserable imagine minisung VAT which is like #20billion from their allocation, will they survive?
Abia is a commercial state, they have everything to survive.

The people should hold their governors accountable for misappropriation of funds. That's all.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 12:13pm On Sep 28, 2021
Brimstone77:
you don't have sense at all? Since you don't use dollar why do you exchange it in Nigeria??

Please I don't usually ague with dumb people..
that is why u have to change it to something u use.

U are daft, ur question is extremely ridiculous, its like asking "since u don't eat raw cassava, why do u harvest it?"

U may have the cassava but until u process it, its edible value is useless to u, that's what dollar is, u may have dollar but u can't go to the market and buy a rubber of garri and give them two dollar to give u change.

I know u understand what I am saying, but just like every other ipob, u choose to behave like fakeunity
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by dangoteinlaw: 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2021
theTranscriber:

you are not even ashamed

imo generates 2 billion and collects 25 billion

that's a disgrace
even small Osun does better

regionalism is the way to go

e shock you?

n'di deveropers didn't even generate up to a quarter of what you receive

yet na you dey shout pass

I sorry for you
don't mind them, useless set of tribe. All they do is take, nothing to give back other than crime.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
Kyase:

That won’t happen though
Why do you think it won't happen?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: Nnamdi Kanu, FG, AGF Pleads For Extension Of Time / PDP Chieftain Arrested With New Naira Notes In Lagos / God, Forgive Churches In Nigeria, We’ve Gotten It Wrong This Time – Fr. Mbaka

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.