Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,509 members, 7,836,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

One Saved, Always Saved - Is This Really True? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Saved, Always Saved - Is This Really True? (445 Views)

Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / What If All These Things Are Really True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Saved, Always Saved - Is This Really True? by AdventHero: 6:39am On Sep 28, 2021
"I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him." - Hosea 14:4
but only if "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." - Proverbs 28:13

In sin, we drift out of the presence and promises of God.
A life of sin and unrepentance is contrary to the purpose God has ordained for us.
Can we truly be in sin and claim that we have been once saved and forever saved?

God's purpose for our lives is that we live far above the filthiness of sin, however, when we sometimes fall, he is faithful and just enough to forgive, if only we sorrowfully confess our sins, repent and forsake them! Then he will give us a new slate through the gift of Jesus Christ, and he offers us Salvation again.

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a7iC07M2mg
Facebook: https://fb.watch/8iok6wjzX_/
Re: One Saved, Always Saved - Is This Really True? by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:01am On Sep 28, 2021
When you are saved you become part of the body of Christ

For you to be un saved means God will have to cut of the body of Christ that you belong to which is impossible

God sees the future and before the foundation of the world God already knows those that are his

God is not confused he is the almighty

God already told us the major events of the end of the world how it is going to happen so do you think he does not know what you are going to do through out your life

God knows everything we are his tools he chose how our vessel will be he has the right to decide for us because we did not create our self we did not vote God in

Isaiah 46

Remember this, and do not forget it!
Think about these things, you who turn against God.
9 Remember what happened long ago.
Remember that I am God. There is no other God.
I am God. There is no one like me.
10 From the beginning I told you what would happen in the end.
A long time ago I told you things that have not yet happened.
When I plan something, it happens.
I do the things I want to do.

1 Like

Re: One Saved, Always Saved - Is This Really True? by AdventHero: 5:35am On Sep 29, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
When you are saved you become part of the body of Christ

For you to be un saved means God will have to cut of the body of Christ that you belong to which is impossible

God sees the future and before the foundation of the world God already knows those that are his

God is not confused he is the almighty

God already told us the major events of the end of the world how it is going to happen so do you think he does not know what you are going to do through out your life

God knows everything we are his tools he chose how our vessel will be he has the right to decide for us because we did not create our self we did not vote God in

God does not "cut us off" when we sin, who can stand his wrath?

But God who is holiness himself does not "pamper" the filthiness of sin in his member......When we sin, like darkness in the presence of light, we are drawn away from his holy Presence.

Isaiah 59:2 ESV
But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear.

His principles are given for a reason.....salvation in Christ was given for a reason.....Not to absolve us of our responsibility to live holy lives.....rather to guide us into the truth and keep us in the light...His light.

Romans 6:1-2 KJV
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Psalm 5:5 ESV
The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers.

GOD IS NOT A DICTATOR! He doesn't predestine anyone for DESTRUCTION OR ETERNAL REWARD; You have to guard your salvation - you are responsible for your FATE.
Re: One Saved, Always Saved - Is This Really True? by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:41am On Sep 29, 2021
AdventHero:

God does not "cut us off" when we sin, who can stand his wrath?

But God who is holiness himself does not "pamper" the filthiness of sin in his member......When we sin, like darkness in the presence of light, we are drawn away from his holy Presence.

Isaiah 59:2 ESV
But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear.

His principles are given for a reason.....salvation in Christ was given for a reason.....Not to absolve us of our responsibility to live holy lives.....rather to guide us into the truth and keep us in the light...His light.

Romans 6:1-2 KJV
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Psalm 5:5 ESV
The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers.

GOD IS NOT A DICTATOR! He doesn't predestine anyone for DESTRUCTION OR ETERNAL REWARD; You have to guard your salvation - you are responsible for your FATE.

Read all romans nine to see how God used that as an example to show predestination

Romans 9

9 God’s promise to Abraham was this: “At the right time I will return, and Sarah will have a son.”[e] 10 And that is not all. Rebekah also had sons. And those sons had the same father, our father Isaac. 11-12 But before the two boys were born, God told Rebekah, “The older will serve the younger.”[f] This was before the boys had done anything good or bad. God said this before they were born so that the one chosen would be chosen because of God’s own plan. He was chosen because he was the one God wanted to call, not because of anything he did. 13 As the Scripture says, “I loved Jacob, but I hated Esau.”[g]

14 So what should we say about this? Is God unfair? In no way. 15 God said to Moses, “I will show kindness to anyone I want to show kindness. I will show mercy to anyone I want to show mercy.”[h] 16 So God will choose the one he decides to show mercy to. And his choice does not depend on what people want or try to do. 17 The Scripture says to the king of Egypt: “I made you king so I might show my power in you. In this way my name will be talked about in all the earth.”[i] 18 So God shows mercy where he wants to show mercy. And he makes stubborn the people he wants to make stubborn.

19 So one of you will ask me: “If God controls the things we do, then why does he blame us for our sins? Who can fight his will?” 20 Do not ask that. You are only human. And human beings have no right to question God. An object cannot tell the person who made it, “Why did you make me like this?” 21 The man who makes a jar can make anything he wants to make. He can use the same clay to make different things. He can make one thing for special use and another thing for daily use.

22 It is the same way with what God has done. God wanted to show his anger and to let people see his power. But God patiently stayed with those people he was angry with—people who were ready to be destroyed. 23 God waited with patience so that he could make known his rich glory. He wanted to give that glory to the people who receive his mercy. He has prepared these people to have his glory, and 24 we are those people whom God called. He called us from the Jews and from the non-Jews.

Next God equally said

Isaiah 46

Remember this, and do not forget it!
Think about these things, you who turn against God.
9 Remember what happened long ago.
Remember that I am God. There is no other God.
I am God. There is no one like me.
10 From the beginning I told you what would happen in the end.
A long time ago I told you things that have not yet happened.
When I plan something, it happens.
I do the things I want to do.

I know people who have pride won't want to accept this truth many scriptures show predestination principles I will show them to you one by one if need be

You said bible said work out your own salvation yes

But you need to locate the scripture that trumps that part and explains that part which is

John 15:5

New King James Version
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

New American Standard Bible
I am the vine, you are the branches; the one who remains in Me, and I in him bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.

What is God saying here that without me that your YOU YOU YOU
That you think can work out your salvation will not work, so abide in me means trust me look at me stay in me not in your head or in your self

This place now speaks about
predestine

Romans 8:29 ►
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

New Living Translation
For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

Those who hate predestination principles
Are those who hate God choice
They hate the fact that it is only God who makes the choice of those who will live and those who will die

They actually don't think that God can chose the right thing because they think it should be an election thing where everyone decides who makes it

Am sorry God choice is the perfect choice and what ever God does is right what ever way God does it is perfect and we are humble enough to acknowledge he is indeed God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Saved, Always Saved - Is This Really True? by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:02am On Sep 29, 2021
Now you talked about sin

The sin part Jesus has taken care of it
Once the holy spirit comes into your heart Bible said that is when sin shall no longer have dominion over you

God's holy spirit kills the desire for sin so those who are born again that you see doing sin are actually a work in progress for God God is still doing something inside them that why Bible calls them baby Christian

As God works in them they will grow and stop acting like babies who shit any where they are so there are levels of faith and we that have come to maturity we don't hit them to hard rather we bring them to the knowledge of Christ

Reading the Bible or listening to the word of God helps babies to grow and renews their mindset which takes time it is a process which God does miraculously so that also is the work of God

Everything in life is actually God work for we did not create ourselves even your own life does not belong to you it actually given to you
Note we did not even do anything wrong yet Adam sin was given to us all
We all are born into sin nothing you have that you did not receive
That why Jesus died to set us free from this things we received that did not favor us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Saved, Always Saved - Is This Really True? by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:15am On Sep 29, 2021
You said GOD IS NOT A DICTATOR!

To call God a “dictator” requires us to dictate God's behavior (to require God to behave just as we prefer).

When any of us complains that God expects certain behaviors from us, aren’t we simultaneously expecting Him to behave in a certain way?
The truth is that you want to be the one who will decide your own fate and you don't want God to be the one to decide it for you you actually want to be your own God

This is exactly what eve actually thought and look at where we all are you don't want to acknowledge that your own decision leads to death even when you chose the right things is still for a selfish reason

There seems to be something in the human heart that resists the notion of rules and limitations, however. We are rebellious creatures who treasure our freedom to act as we desire. The existence of a God who sets laws and boundaries can be “off-putting.”

You must come to the level of thinking that Jesus himself came to which is

God do with me whatever you will
God if you decide to burn me then burn me
God if you decide to save me then save me
God if you decide to nail me to the cross then nail me
God I actually yield myself to you I give you my all my life my will take it and do as you will

When you get to this level then you have totally put everything in God hands

Then watch what he will do for you

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Saved, Always Saved - Is This Really True? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:09am On Sep 29, 2021
True Christianity is the PERFECT PATH to life but only a few are finding it! Matthew 7:13-14

Once you find this path you only need to exert yourself vigorously to maintain your stand because many will try to maintain it but they will not be able to do so! Luke 13:24

Satan has designed so many sects all claiming Christians {2Corinthians 11:14} they are many and they're having contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines so that the one traveling on this road could switch lanes at will and nobody will criticize him for doing so.

But the path to life is extremely unique and different so everyone can see that this path is not like all others {Matthew 5:13-16} that's why everyone detests it so Jesus said those on this path will be hated by all people because of what Jesus taught them! Matthew 10:22

Even those on this path are struggling to maintain their stand because it's not easy to stand against all odds simply because you're part of a global family of peace loving worshipers! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: One Saved, Always Saved - Is This Really True? by AdventHero: 4:20am On Sep 30, 2021
God is not the author of confusion.......A carnal interpretation of scriptures just to fulfill the lust of the flesh creates an impression that the bible contradicts itself.....so there's no need to argue.....You can't take one part that dances to your music and create a new context for it outside the already established principles in previous testimonies.

(1) (Reply)

The Bible Is Scientific (proof) / Prayer Of Salvation and Faith Confessions / Heaven Lost A Soul Today And Will Lose More :D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.