Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? (11019 Views)

Lady Sacked For Telling Her Best Friend To Stop Dating Her Boss / Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters / How To Stop Being Dependent On Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? by xangerar: 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
Calibrator:
You are only procrastinating because you don't have responsibilities yet.

How can you procrastinate when we are almost in the 10th month of the year and rent will be due in less than 63 days, not forgetting that school just resumed and school fees will have to be paid.

Even if you are still unmarried, bills no dey finish for a serious minded person.

Nonsense and procrastination.

I doubt if you got the whole context. Procrastination may not have to be economic tied all the time. Someone planned calling to commiserate with a relation who lost the child. He keeps pushing call time until it became almost needless to raise the matter again.

Like someone said, it is a phenomenon that could affect any aspect of life including the purely social.

2 Likes

Re: How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? by axone(m): 1:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
Just Do It. Before It Does You. The Fact Is Something Must Be Done Or Someone Will Be Done. And If U Don't Do It When You Should, Another Person Will Do It And Take The Glory That's Supposed To Be Yours.
Re: How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? by xtremeTall(m): 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
Nice.
My own procrastination is having a GF
Re: How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? by WriterX(m): 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arj7oStGLkU

this video saved me and it will save you bro, watch and become better

2 Likes

Re: How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? by WriterX(m): 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2021
RyanReyes:
Hello fellows! I know procrastinating isn’t good, isn't ok but I just can’t help it. Did anyone get over this problem effectively? Can you share with me how to stop being a procrastinator? Thank you so much!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arj7oStGLkU

check this video out, it helped overcome mine, it might work for you as well

2 Likes

Re: How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? by jaxxy(m): 2:17pm On Sep 28, 2021
RyanReyes:
Hello fellows! I know procrastinating isn’t good, isn't ok but I just can’t help it. Did anyone get over this problem effectively? Can you share with me how to stop being a procrastinator? Thank you so much!!!!!

Im equally struggling with procrastination lol bt I think I get right and reduce it to the very minimum when Im very organized with my time and activities.

Reducing procrastination increases ur productivity so I think it’s good to sort it out.
Re: How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
I don miss flight like crazy. Costing me extras,but is kind of always happening
Re: How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? by HiideaConsole(m): 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2021
'When it gets hard, remember what you're getting out of it'

Plan your day and put a deadline
Deadlines could help give you a sense of urgency
Also, reward yourself for completing your tasks

Also, I would recommend that you be disciplined, use the DND on your phone

Then, again, doing the hardest task first can help you have free time, feel more fulfilled and help do easier task effortlessly

Cheers
Re: How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? by Seakay(m): 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2021
Follow these steps:
1. Get a pen n paper and Write down the list of ur tasks for the day. (from easiest to hardest)
2. Now, pick the heardest of all and act on it immediately.
3. Repeat step 1&2 everyday. If u're a lover of books, download "Eat That Frog" by Brian Tracy. Goodluck!
Re: How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright.....

Welldone o oga procrastinatus
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? by Ajinoride(m): 5:18pm On Sep 28, 2021
Use the 5seconds rule. Once you remember something that needs to be done, don't give it a second thought, go ahead. Reduce unnecessarily long planning..... Don't be scared of making mistakes. They are part of life.
Re: How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? by Josonas: 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
Goldbw122:
Stop everything that is distracting you right now including your phone and take action on your activities that surround your progress in life.
That always works for me.
Thumbs up, nice response.
In addition, it might be difficult at first taking such a decision, gradually you get so used to it.
We all have the same 24hours, how you utilize it is what makes the difference.
Re: How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? by ChemicalReaction(f): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2021
OP, you should read "The 5Seconds Rule" by Mel Robbins.
It's a good one if you must stop procrastinating.
Re: How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? by Rexweaver(m): 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2021
As for me, firstly, I need to understand which things provoke me to procrastinate. I remember, when I was a student, I tended to spend much time on youtube. I realised that youtubre takes too much time from me, so I decided just to delete it. It actually helped and every time I realise that something takes too much time rom me, I get rid of this thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? / Is It Ideal To Relate With Your Boss On The Social Media? / Ascon Oil Company Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.