Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? (17808 Views)

I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola / Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business / How To Become Better Public Speaker And How To Overcome Your Speech Anxiety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by BabaIbo: 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2021
qtguru:

Igbos have it in culture, which I like, traditionally people support each other, this forum makes it seem it's a general thing that men don't help each other, in the US no one sends you, we are more communial in Africa and help each other alot so I have no idea what OP is talking about. Obviously you will often have friends who spend on money but that's a reflection on OP's network and not a general

Nothing like "Igbo have it in their culture." It exist in every tribe but may be more common among Igbos.

Anybody that gives is cheerful naturally and doesn't have anything to do with tribe.

I think the reason you think it is common among Igbos is because Igbos have more people with good and understanding hearts maybe due to the fact that they have higher people who have made it from the bottom to the top.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by kkonyeji(m): 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2021
Starz825:
Guy
It's not easy to be a man..
Everyone looks up to you..
I mean everyone

Your parents, siblings, your wife and children (if married).

Guy... You are a man and you are the first born of your family...guy... Always check your BP regularly...

It's not easy...

Back to the topic!!
My current boss gave my female friend (also a worker before she resigned last month) over 500k and lots of gift so she can spur her traveling out abroad. ..just because he wants to date her...he no wa see her pant oo
She is my friend, i no jealous her na her luck but I come dey reason say ....guys go dey hustle.. nobody go ask aw far...where you reach make i help from here...

Guys listen and listen good...all this girls you abuse here everyday on NL say Dem no get anything to offer than their pussy....oga you see that pussy na something to offer o... because i have seen men spend a lot of money just to have the honeypot so if a woman offer their body and price it up..it's because some rich mofos will purchase no matter what.

that's why it's said "...than your pussy", cos in reality most of them don't have anything to offer.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by johnstar(m): 3:45pm On Sep 29, 2021
Blackfire:

You are so stuuupiiid

Like your generation
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Originalsly: 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
Men do help men. It is in the DNA of men to help women... the reason a man car breaks down on the road....9 out of 10 men will drive by. If it's a woman.... no more than 2 men will drive by ... even if they know nothing about cars but driving. Man is wired to help women... men are wired to be providers. A man needs to question his manhood when he begins to expect another man to help him.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by addictiv(m): 3:47pm On Sep 29, 2021
Instead we are running around devising ways of sleeping with other mens wives and girlfriends
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Longsleeve: 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2021
Men do help men too

But some men take it as normal for them to receive help without working for it..
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by neyoohhh: 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2021
If you guys want to be disciplined and start helping each other.

Start with semen retention and gymning. This will help with focus and discipline.

Then book's on self development, finance and ethics.

Then build communities of men who are genuinely interested in developing a healthy & prosperous society where tech is the religion and ethics the faith.

Create credit and finance communities for men with the sole purpose of creating wealth & job's, by providing solutions to complex problems.

NB.
All these sex obsessed,drug addicts, lazy fast money type's don't deserve help . They deserve to rot in hell

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by akaahs(m): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2021
chinchonglee:
My own worst pass everybody own..

I work for/with my brother in a start up company but the profit coming in from the start up is huge that you'd think the company has been existing for years.

This dude can let me make side income from the company.. he also handed all the finance of the company to a lady he was shagging while i do all of the mental and physical work. I didnt complain tho. He was busy buying venza for the girl and dashing all other girls money, i was jst looking at him.

I managed to raise my own capital and decided to take him by surprise and resign since i knew i was the pillar of the company because baba is lazy. He doesn't even knw much abt the operations as he is only interested in the profit.

One monday morning(resignation day), I jst went to his house at chevron from my place, dropped the news, gave genuine reasons(yes am that sharp with words and dnt mince word). Baba was speechless and confused and didn't knw what to say. I jst left him, went back to my house and slept off. I decided to take a week off, enjoy myself before I start planning on how to set up my own business.

Omo! See calls on my phone that day both from my dad, mom, sister, brothers. I jst didn't pick anybody's call. My mom came to my house to ask what happening.
I showed her my nonsense flat and told her to compare with that of my brother's duplex in chevron plus he was buying venza for a girl and dashing money to other girls. Also he goes to quilox almost every friday to show off while i continue to live in a stupid flat in surulere.

To cut long story short, baba called family meeting and decided to hand the company's finance to me. Any money coming in or going out must pass through me. And that's how i started seeing side income and other benefits. That doesn't mean I won't start my own business soon.
Just Respect man! Respect
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
Omo yeemi, Akure oloyemekun
Expensive ijomu, oke ijebu, edo lodge,

If u see Akon for ijomu area no near de guy na thief.

naija1stnigar:
Majority of men are looking for what to take from one another rather than what to add, but Hon Adedayo omolafe( Expensive) Stood out of this class he was building men and I was also in the process but sadly, we lost him last month.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Inishalom(m): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2021
God bless you man... I don't know where this op got his notion from and it's just laughable. His narrative has just sent the wrong signal through. Girls usually complain about pulling themselves down, and how they envy the rapport among men. I hate it when this lie of "men not helping themselves" is spewed because it's a lie from the pit of hell.
cooltola:
before you make a general assumptions, do your research well. There are men who are helping men. The problem is those who want to help will get help. Some men do not want change , so no matter how much help is rendered, the efforts do not yield results. The only advice is to pray for such men. Some men have given money to support business of friends , family members and end up feeling insulted for helping. Have you help someone out of good intentions and you felt they see you as mumu because you helped them and the next time they ask for your help , you become hesitant to help and refused? welcome to club , you are not alone. So please try to understand why some folks do not answer call or refuse to give money.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Meedon: 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
Originalsly:
Men do help men. It is in the DNA of men to help women... the reason a man car breaks down on the road....9 out of 10 men will drive by. If it's a woman.... no more than 2 men will drive by ... even if they know nothing about cars but driving. Man is wired to help women... men are wired to be providers. A man needs to question his manhood when he begins to expect another man to help him.

SIMP!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Blackfire(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
johnstar:

Like your generation

Your parents were probably lying to themselves while you are been conceived...

At 9 months while you were coming out, the doctor lied to you that this is Australia or Canada, it was when you landed you were in Nigeria

You are used to lies so whatever truth is also a lie

Have you eaten?
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by mamawa123: 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2021
I do understand your point. My question to you is how many men have you yourself helped?
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Pufpuf(m): 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2021
Whether men or women, I don't think I can help anybody again. I made plenty money in my first 4 years of leaving school; and I made sure I helped many: friends, relatives, siblings, people I know and those I don't know.
Now, I'm in a mess for the past 7months to the extent I can't feed myself but there's no one to help me, not even relatives nor friends. Infact, no one to borrow me money to eat.
Do you think I can help when I stand on my feet again?
So we humans teach ourselves how to behave to ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by mrksquare: 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2021
clericuzzio:
Had a childhood friend whom we both attended same primary school. We were so close that this guy knows every member of my family and I know most of his.

Fast forward to some years later, guy was working in a financial institution and i later got a job too in a in the financial industry.

I was asked to get two guarantors and my guy started avoiding me as I told him I would love him to be one of my guarantors.
My cousin who is a big boy signed and a stranger whom I knew not from Adam signed the other form for me.

Since after that time, guy never contacted me again. Me I just move on, unfriend him on FB and deleted contact as well.

I believe someday posterity will still make him come to me for help and I will do what's on my mind.

When he prodigalously comes seeking your help, help him. Do you know why? Because you are bigger than him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ur words touches me

SenecaTheYonger:
We are helping women in the hope of getting pussy in return. No one is going to admit it though but why else would anyone help women?

When it comes to helping women, you won’t hear any excuse. When it comes to helping men, you’ll hear “nobody owes you anything” “people need to help themselves first”

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2021
Starz825:

Guy...rich guys are here on NL...
Some celebrities are here on NL...if you don't know...so just chill....8M is not above what a nairalander can have..

His story could be true..

I lost 5.3 million naira in investment this year...
So no be everybody no wa see money before.

True.....
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Skillsnigeria: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Only a members of women wrapper association of nigeria will not help his fellow man. grin the lord will deliver them
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by 2kurupt(m): 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
We are helping women in the hope of getting pussy in return. No one is going to admit it though but why else would anyone help women?

When it comes to helping women, you won’t hear any excuse. When it comes to helping men, you’ll hear “nobody owes you anything” “people need to help themselves first”
Don't mind those simps.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by mrfizy(m): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
All men are born for themselves.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by qtguru(m): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
Originalsly:

Or just help anyone regardless of gender. I like to help guys more before women because a solid guy knows he owes a favour, that is with sensible friends o so it also extends to sensible lady friends. Except we understand as men that women naturally don't return favours like men unless they hold you in admiration.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by D1Wonder(m): 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
It depends on the group or network of men you belong to. It depends on whether the man genuinely needs help or wants to become a leech. This stereotyping of men do not happen at T[b] the Catalyst Men Network Internationa[/b]l which I founded 9 years ago.
We are a brotherhood without being a cultish solidly rooted in the Christian value of you are your brother's keeper. Our Value is ERIC - Empathy, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Confidentiality ...whatever you shared in our MANOSPHERE stays THERE MAN TO MAN.
We need to encourage men, young men not to be indolent, dependent and indisciplined. My personal experience leading the foremost non-affiliated Men Network is this.....Teach a man how to fish...doleout and bailouts and palliative do not solve men's problem.
If you can't get help as a man, become a help to another man. God rewards what you sow. Dayo Adeyemi 0 8 0 2 8 8 8 2 8 2 8 (Whatsapp)
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by KelvinC1(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
A married and rich man will build hotel and factory and will say, Job vacancy, apply in person but preferably FEMALE.. if na security, driver or concrete cement Jobs now, they will be looking for men..

this life no balance..

Men suffer Allot
Fellow men and womanizers will keep favoring FEMALES more than male..

A woman doesn't need a Job to marry, but a woman cannot marry an UNEMPLOYED man..

This life no balance..
Men, we are really trying..

If a girl is broke now, if she send 20 sms to males for 2k, 12 out of the 20 people will help her.. that's 2 x 12 = 24k, she will report same process again..

But me, I have been broke since I moved to Lagos after my NYSC.. I have sent 20 of my friends sms even if na 1k sef..

None has replied me till now.. you see..
DIS LIFE NO BALANCE..

Let's help ourselves men.. no be all about to.to all the time.. No be say many of us no Sabi do crime, scam or FRAUD, na God we just dey fear..

Good evening NL..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by BigBizzy(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
Chaiii...

Wetin man do man
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by pansophist(m): 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2021
Can you call it help when the real intention behind the "help" is to knack the woman? Are old, unattractive and very fat women being helped too? Because I think for something to qualify as help, there must not be an expectation behind it. So no, i think men help other men genuinely, but "help" women in a hope to smash the honey pot.

In this context, yes, a lot of men are idiot. And I personally detest such men. Personally I'm very greedy to women. If you think say tortoise greedy, you haven't met me, I can dash a girl one million if she genuinely needs it, but to give you because I want to knack you? Of course no. That's prostitution and I don't do prostitute.. I give cheerfully, but my benevolence is not pussi motivated. If I want want smash a girl, I derive satisfaction knowing that she was attracted to me not because of money, but something more.

But still, millions of men troop to cities all around Nigeria every year, courtesy of other men. Men do help men, but just as growth is not loud, men helping other men is silenced. I don't want to mention name, but I've help lots of men with cash on nairaland here, people I don't even know, and some with skills. If you're one of the moniker I've helped and you are comfortable to mention it, please quote it.

Infact the help was so much, I felt like it was same moniker creating different account to milk me. I don turn maga for him. Then I stopped. Now if you beg me, I'll just ignore. I hate being exploited. To make it even easier for career beggars, I wrote on my profile that begging will be ignored. Lots of times, helpers are seen as fools and exploited until you turn cold and change am for even the good ones. Well, I gotta put myself first.

I had an nl account that I deleted, I assisted hundreds of people move abroad as students, I met many in Europe, mostly guys, and some few ladies, and I'm glad for that. I'm saying all these because it seems like people do not know men that are helping, but we just don't talk or blow our trumpet. So no, men do help men, we just no de loud am

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by stinjoe(m): 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2021
Reasonable percentage of men do help their fellow men. That's the basic truth.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Missy89(f): 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2021
Because men are competing in the sexual marketplace. There is no incentive to help a competition
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by AfroKnight: 4:45pm On Sep 29, 2021
You are making a mistake.

What you call “help” towards women is not help.

It is payment.

It could be payment for services rendered or an advance for services to be rendered. Anything a man does for a woman solely because of her gender is essentially a feminine/beauty privilege TAX.

The good thing is some of us men resist such billing. Helping men is like planting a seed. It will germinate and benefit others. Helping women is simply charity most of the time. There is no reward unless it’s advance payment.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by Frales6(f): 4:57pm On Sep 29, 2021
Just thinking about it sha

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by George2164(m): 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2021
AlabiKILLER2021:
Some one as tantalizing as Regina Daniels unclothe right before you

You will understand

That very moment you could deny your mama just so you can get a taste of the chocolate box in-between her thighs

Then after that what next.
Re: Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? by chiefmc: 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
To some extent, I dont fully agree to this position. Men help ladies mainly around material things, strictly for what they stand to benefit, mostly, sex. However most business partnerships are with fellow men, most trusted deals are with fellow men, most employment recommendation for "very good jobs" goes to fellow men. That is why irrespective of the claims that men help only women, most rich people in the society still turn out to be men. The problem is that some guys are not "helpable". The greed and entitlement mentality once you give them financial help, make it easier to shift focus to ladies where there is clear definition for the help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Things To Do If You Are A Victim Of Work Place Sexual Harassment / Microsoft Nigeria Sacks 34 Workers In Phone Division (Out of 40) / NEMA Sacks Over 42 Workers After Denying Them 1-year Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.