Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight (59319 Views)

Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk 2; "Rage on the Red Sea" Today By 10:30pm (Live Updates) / Anthony Joshua Flaunts His Incredibly Fit Physique Ahead Of Oleksandr Usyk Fight / FIFA Bans Eight Players, Agent For Life Over Match-fixing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by robosky02(m): 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
Match-fixing scandal trails Anthony Joshua vs Usyk fight
Boxing fans have claimed Anthony Joshua’s fight against Oleksandr Usyk was stopped early, with the British boxer looking on the verge of being knocked out in the 12th round.

Joshua suffered only his second career loss against Usyk on Saturday night.

The Ukrainian won with a unanimous points decision, to become the new heavyweight champion of the world.

Usyk had Joshua on the ropes in the last 30 seconds of the fight at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Fans have now claimed there was a discrepancy between the nine seconds left on the on-screen clock and how quickly the fight ended.

As shown by DAZN, the final nine seconds seemed to end in just three seconds with Joshua helpless and close to being knocked out.

One said: “They rang that bell 5 seconds early lol, saved Anthony Joshua from a 12th round KO,” and another noted: “Is it just me or did the bell go early in the 12th round?”

Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, has, however, moved to quash the rumours: “I don’t believe it did, I saw that it did on the DAZN clock but I remember specifically the ten seconds came and it was ten seconds.

“Because I remember hearing when there were ten seconds to go, it wasn’t three seconds after the clock went so I don’t believe that was an early bell.”

‘I give praise to Jesus Christ’ – Usyk speaks after defeating Anthony Joshua

https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/28/match-fixing-scandal-trails-anthony-joshua-vs-usyk-fight/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Jonn119: 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
The poster above me which network you de use grin grin grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by donnie(m): 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
Dem no fix anything. If he go again, dem fit commot teeth self.

207 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Lamasta(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
Fear Ukrainian boxers and live long grin

74 Likes

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by DoggoneDogg: 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
Very true. Atink say na only me notice am.
The fight was stopped early as Usyk was pummeling his face repeatedly, the bell rang.

Add those 5 seconds and Afonjoshua would have collapsed.

................................................................................................
Naim be dis grin
cablenews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex-wpSJJu94

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Shellsploit: 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
shocked
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Bornsinner7: 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Very true. Atink say na only me notice am.
The fight was stopped early as Usyk was pummeling his face repeatedly, the bell rang.

Add those 5 seconds and Afonjoshua would have collapsed.

................................................................................................
Naim be dis grin
That's one thing with Nigerians.. when you do well.. they claim you.. naija blood!

But stumble.. they begin to talk trash..

See the banter he was getting here on nairaland for losing a fight.. that was what y'all did to onuachu before he started proving himself

Moda...kers!!

206 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by RadioMOUTH(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2021

It sure was a fixed match.

No one returns their pilative

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Sanchez01: 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
The fight was obviously fixed. The boxing world is trying too hard to make contenders look like a big deal by making sure that AJ loses and then wins the return match. Unfortunately, boxing is becoming boring as there are no worthy fighters in the heavyweight division that could give AJ a run for his money. Other than Wilder and Fury, one can hardly mention a major contender. The promoters knows this and they just have to make Joshua lose, trigger his return match clause, win and generate more revenues for the promoters.

People like Ruiz and Usyk are just spices in the stew. Rile people up and then AJ pulls a "Creed Part 2" on them.

Boxing has always been like this, just that it is worse in this era.

158 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by pickatyoubackup: 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
Abeg let AJ rue is loss in peace and come back stronger.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Gwan2(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
I said it earlier and some folks were spewing nonsense.

See pics below where I made the comment.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by merits(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
angry
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Alhajikinky(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
cool
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Trumann: 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
Well, it is what it is.
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Alhajikinky(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
grin
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Odobaone: 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
grin cheesy cheesy grin grin Them TIAGASSAM?

Now dem never leave you? AJ

5 Likes

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Beverages: 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
Same thing they did for Ruiz then.

Everyone knows he'll win the rematch

Fixed match I'll say

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by bigdammyj: 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
Okay
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
Ok
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Millimann: 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
K
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by cablenews: 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
Lalasticlala see the video when it was about to be knockout before the fight was stopped. Confirm it and put it up. Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex-wpSJJu94

2 Likes

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
So the guy almost killed AJ

7 Likes

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by RPirez: 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
E no matter, loss na loss.

Y'all be so surprised it's fixed for Joshua's loss to enable a re-match. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by sammytovic(m): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
robosky02:
Match-fixing scandal trails Anthony Joshua vs Usyk fight

https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/28/match-fixing-scandal-trails-anthony-joshua-vs-usyk-fight/
The other way round Nigerian think the bout was fixed...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Pictures Of Akwa Ibom Stadium (2014) / Mikel Mobbed By zambian Girls After Match / Nigeria Female Footballers (off-pitch Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.