Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight (59312 Views)

Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk 2; "Rage on the Red Sea" Today By 10:30pm (Live Updates) / Anthony Joshua Flaunts His Incredibly Fit Physique Ahead Of Oleksandr Usyk Fight / FIFA Bans Eight Players, Agent For Life Over Match-fixing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Mintum: 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sanchez01:
The fight was obviously fixed. The boxing world is trying too hard to make contenders look like a big deal by making sure that AJ loses and then wins the return match. Unfortunately, boxing is becoming boring as there are no worthy fighters in the heavyweight division that could give AJ a run for his money. Other than Wilder and Fury, one can hardly mention a major contender. The promoters knows this and they just have to make Joshua lose, trigger his return match clause, win and generate more revenues for the promoters.

People like Ruiz and Usyk are just spices in the stew. Rile people up and then AJ pulls a "Creed Part 2" on them.

Boxing has always been like this, just that it is worse in this era.
Perhaps you should have read the story first before rushing to comment. The allegations the story are completely different from what you wrote.
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Mintum: 7:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
SonofDevil:
Pure match fixing. Aj didn't do anything. Bet companies cashout big time.
Aj threw less than 129 punches the lowest of any opponent against usyk.
Aj has activate the re-match clause he is getting his belt back in February as a 3 time heavyweight champion
Please you guys should try reading the article before commenting. The article is saying something completely different from what are talking about.
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by shidof(m): 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Very true. Atink say na only me notice am.
The fight was stopped early as Usyk was pummeling his face repeatedly, the bell rang.

Add those 5 seconds and Afonjoshua would have collapsed.

................................................................................................
Naim be dis grin
The Afonjoshua has written his name with Gold in the world. Who are you? Who know you, are you even worthy of being your household champion not to talk of your family

1 Like

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by SonofDevil: 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2021
Mintum:

Please you guys should try reading the article before commenting. The article is saying something completely different from what are talking about.
I dont have time to school a boxing casual.
AJ just triggered his rematch clause already, so wait till February
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Mintum: 7:45pm On Sep 28, 2021
SonofDevil:
I dont have time to school a boxing casual.
AJ just triggered his rematch clause already, so wait till February
You don't know about boxing more than me. Just go and read the story first, it is talking of something entirely different, not what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by SonofDevil: 7:51pm On Sep 28, 2021
Mintum:

You don't know about boxing more than me. Just go and read the story first, it is talking of something entirely different, not what you are saying.
you know nothing you re only a boxing casual. Were you expecting the article to tell you how money was paid behind scene before you believe there was match fixing.
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
Anything wey Una like make una talk, Anthony Joshua is still a pussy as nigga.

Bastard!
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Mintum: 7:59pm On Sep 28, 2021
SonofDevil:
you know nothing you re only a boxing casual. Were you expecting the article to tell you how money was paid behind scene before you believe there was match fixing.
Mr man keep quiet, you are just a conspiracy theorist, where is your own evidence of the match fixing? Engaging in wild conspiracy theories is your own idea of being a boxing expert?

1 Like

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Dotez: 8:15pm On Sep 28, 2021
donnie:
Dem no fix anything. If he go again, dem fit commot teeth self.
And this?? grin

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by derecho(m): 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
When asked to thank Joshua for giving him the opportunity. He replied
"Joshua didn't bring me here.. God did!!"
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Sleekfingers: 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
Grow up dude, the last time I checked AJ is a British fighter not a Nigerian shíthole fighter, y'all should leave him alone, even the best fighters in the world lost some fights, it's a very normal thing.

Btw when he fought that fat guy back then and lost, you guys were insulting and calling him names, but after a rematch and he proved you all wrong, all of you haters were as quiet as a rabbit.

Wetin this mofo dey talk? If you don't like what I said, about Anthony joshua, kindly go and kill yourself.....

Did I mentioned that ,he is a nigerian? Joshua is british , and so bloody what? For your information, you this cheap skate, I bet on the ukrainian boxer. ..after watching several of his fight. I knew , he was gonna beat the living daylight outta that mofo called Anthony joshua. And I won 180 grand
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by SonofDevil: 8:29pm On Sep 28, 2021
Mintum:

Mr man keep quiet, you are just a conspiracy theorist, where is your own evidence of the match fixing? Engaging in wild conspiracy theories is your own idea of being a boxing expert?
ignorant like you will never believe match fixing until you re been spoon feed.
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by ademi87(m): 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sanchez01:
The fight was obviously fixed. The boxing world is trying too hard to make contenders look like a big deal by making sure that AJ loses and then wins the return match. Unfortunately, boxing is becoming boring as there are no worthy fighters in the heavyweight division that could give AJ a run for his money. Other than Wilder and Fury, one can hardly mention a major contender. The promoters knows this and they just have to make Joshua lose, trigger his return match clause, win and generate more revenues for the promoters.

People like Ruiz and Usyk are just spices in the stew. Rile people up and then AJ pulls a "Creed Part 2" on them.

USYK is an elite fighter, check his record, an Olympic gold medalist amateur record of over 300, conquer cruiserweight in a record 16 fights.....I love AJ because I am a Nigerian and because he's a cool guy sellable and likeable guy but he doesn't have that warrior heart anymore and I believe it all started when he began to win belts, he started fighting cautiously.... It's very sad I just hope he will be able to bounce back and do well in boxing again but he should forget about fighting usyk again......

1 Like

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Fernandeswagger(m): 8:53pm On Sep 28, 2021
Bornsinner7:
That's one thing with Nigerians.. when you do well.. they claim you.. naija blood!

But stumble.. they begin to talk trash..

See the banter he was getting here on nairaland for losing a fight.. that was what y'all did to onuachu before he started proving himself

Moda...kers!!

Unfortunately your points are sadly true.

I don't know why Nigerians can't encourage their own even when the person loses. Who kicks a man already down?

The pull him down syndrome is just disgusting.

It's a game, you can't always win. But instead of encouraging the homie it's all about hating and laughing at him.

To the topic: it's just a speculation. A good boxer cares about his reputation. AJ obviously has two losses to his name career wise. Except he's greedy, I don't know why he should want that dent. Look at Mayweather who has 49 or 50-0. Does it mean AJ loves money more than him?
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Joezik(m): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sanchez01:

Like seriously...shey u watch dat match.... Don't deceive urself AJ is not ultimate Mohammed Ali or Mike Tyson etc.... He is a good fighter with no awesome skill...

Uysk outclass him...

He may not win dat belt back ni
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Gfskw: 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
Really
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Wetin this mofo dey talk? If you don't like what I said, about Anthony joshua, kindly go and kill yourself.....

Did I mentioned that ,he is a nigerian? Joshua is british , and so bloody what? For your information, you this cheap skate, I bet on the ukrainian boxer. ..after watching several of his fight. I knew , he was gonna beat the living daylight outta that mofo called Anthony joshua. And I won 180 grand
You should have made your point or perhaps be civil than behaving like a motor park tout
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Mintum: 9:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
Conspiracy theories
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Mohbola(f): 9:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
Most fights are fixed I think
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Giddyvocals(m): 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2021
Read proper, the match timing was fixed not the fight, it was done to save joshua from getting knocked out.... He clearly lost, was soundly beating... The timing saved him... Let's be real, joshua is a good boxer, but he isn't going to be a legend... I expected him to loose against fury if the fight had gone on...

1 Like

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Hassanmaye(m): 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Very true. Atink say na only me notice am.
The fight was stopped early as Usyk was pummeling his face repeatedly, the bell rang.

Add those 5 seconds and Afonjoshua would have collapsed.

................................................................................................
Naim be dis grin
Hahahhahahaha why are you like this
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Hassanmaye(m): 9:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
LagosInter:
I said it earlier and some folks were spewing nonsense.

See pics below where I made the comment.
Wow
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by DoggoneDogg: 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Hahahhahahaha why are you like this

I hate cheating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Sleekfingers: 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
You should have made your point or perhaps be civil than behaving like a motor park tout

Okay oo
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by robosky02(m): 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2021
blaquemyc:
They actually saved AJ from an imminent KO.

Fear Ukrainian boxers, they can damage someone's career with punches, ask Samuel peter wetin Klitchko do him career

Punches made in Ukraine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtjSNE0bwa8
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:15pm On Sep 28, 2021
Fury called him lazy body builder and wilder called him fraud and to me both of them are right

1 Like

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by Jlow2: 11:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
Aj is not a talented boxer and will never be, real boxing fans from 80s fights at least can testify to this without sentiments, he is not fast, he has no good jabs, does not use his reach and hight advantage, he stands there and does nothing but dancing arnd, and he is scared of taking punches, when I rmba the likes of Tyson, holy field , razor Donovan, lenox Lewis,riddick bowe, Frank Bruno etc, watch, Tyson vs Donovan 1&2, holy field vs riddick bowe 1,2&3, Tyson vs Bruno 1&2, then you will know that aj and some of the heavy weights re boring to watch
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by dbynonetwork: 11:53pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sanchez01:

Which Anthony Joshua is that?
AJ should join Emeka Ike, Jim Kyle and Ramsey Noah in Nollywood.
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by ridbell01(m): 12:33am On Sep 29, 2021
It was a fixed match
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by w25d15w: 3:03am On Sep 29, 2021
Other Western countries known as democracy and human rights are similar to the United States. Be silent and noncommittal. Inferred from this, even if Brother Cheating rented dozens of Hercules as he wished, and received Afghan refugees as he wished, the question that followed was how to arrange them? As the author said, Afghan refugees are now a hot potato, and the perpetrators of the United States stand by and watch. Guo Wengui's attempt to bring a large number of Afghan refugees to the United States is tantamount to setting himself on fire and falling into a desperate situation.

Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by McLizbae: 6:51am On Sep 29, 2021
Easy to believe.
Re: Match-Fixing Scandal Trails Anthony Joshua Vs Usyk Fight by ensamy(m): 7:25am On Sep 29, 2021
Same Ukrainian beat hell out of Samuel Peters, same Ukrainian did same to Joshua. No worries we are coming... shocked sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emmanuel Emenike Builds Hospital For His People In His Home Town / Mikel Mobbed By zambian Girls After Match / Nigeria Female Footballers (off-pitch Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.