Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Message From A Scammer. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Message From A Scammer. (24717 Views)

Who Else Got This Message From Federal Government Grant And Loan? / Npower - Just Received This Text Message From NPOWER / My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Message From A Scammer. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
It's a normal scam message sent to youth corp members. They got the information from that NYSC photo book you got at the end of your service year.
Re: Message From A Scammer. by gboyetade: 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
Old trick
Re: Message From A Scammer. by xteve(m): 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
Got same message and my reply go shock you.

2 Likes

Re: Message From A Scammer. by pek(m): 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2021
If only we have people doing what they ought to do, that person would have been behind bars by now.
Re: Message From A Scammer. by Decency2020(f): 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2021
Only a fool will fall for this. How can your old mate whom you don't have communication relationship with will just send you message introducing himself and offering you job opportunity. Where are his relatives and close pals, they don't need job?
Re: Message From A Scammer. by segebobo: 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2021
After series of back & forth, they'll ask you to purchase form of about N10000
Re: Message From A Scammer. by Bunmhi(f): 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2021
Awon weyrey
Re: Message From A Scammer. by femi4: 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kenog4real:
I got this message few minutes ago. I'm currently not in Naija but I tried to keep my mtn line active due to the fact that it has not been linked and also to avoid it from being blocked. So this evening I was just going through my phone when I noticed an unread message. I opened it to see the details in it were 90% correct. The name of the messanger is different from what truecaller gave me. Without reading the message twice, I knew it was a scammer at work. I've never been scammed and I don't pray I fall victim of any of their tactics. The surprising thing is how accurate the little information about me he gave out in the message.

Please let us all be careful of these scammers.

If you have a word of prayer for him, please do not hesitate to do that thanks.
Old tactics, as far back as 2010. I always tell them that if you have a deal with an oil company, you ll contact your family members before remembering me.

That's what they do with your details in nysc year book
Re: Message From A Scammer. by Ojayk(m): 2:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
grin.
I fell for this in 2000 or thereabout.

The guy will link you up to "so called human resources man" then the billing comes. I paid like 10k to one Collins via a GT Bank account.

I guess, they get your correct info from this Brochure corp members produce (that bears your NYSC no, phone no, state of origin etc) before passing out.

So next time someone sends such to you, "make lemonade out of the lemon" thrown at you.

Even the rich steals from the poor to stay rich.
Re: Message From A Scammer. by adeniyilamlek(m): 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
sad This is NOT how to HUSTLE for a living.It a SCAM, FRAUDULENT,Illegitimate.May the gods smite all the pipu the hustle this way with BLINDNESS
amen to that
Re: Message From A Scammer. by spartan117(m): 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
sad Old format.The pig lift ur NUM/name from NYSC year book..
It's not from year book, they have access to NYSC database. I also got this scam message during my service year and that was before pop and before yearbook was made.
Re: Message From A Scammer. by Coldie(m): 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2021
Why didn’t u put the phone number
Re: Message From A Scammer. by Evatrica1: 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
Those lazy asses almost got me wayback in 2010 but I uncovered their evil plans. Can't believe some people still fall for such cheap scams.
Re: Message From A Scammer. by Hyphy(m): 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
People still believe that swearing and curses work cry
Re: Message From A Scammer. by Drefaithful(m): 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kenog4real:
I got this message few minutes ago. I'm currently not in Naija but I tried to keep my mtn line active due to the fact that it has not been linked and also to avoid it from being blocked. So this evening I was just going through my phone when I noticed an unread message. I opened it to see the details in it were 90% correct. The name of the messanger is different from what truecaller gave me. Without reading the message twice, I knew it was a scammer at work. I've never been scammed and I don't pray I fall victim of any of their tactics. The surprising thing is how accurate the little information about me he gave out in the message.

The scammer, na novice. this lamba don tey!!!

this was the reason phone number was removed from NYSC Magazine that comprises details of each corps member.
Re: Message From A Scammer. by ruggedtimi(m): 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
This one na old trick na
Re: Message From A Scammer. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2021
idealsico:
*100% Guaranteed.*
*The instant payment and instant merging is only available for*
*​Within 2hours 30 minutes you will receive your double merging* *packages:-​*
*15k to get 30k*
*20k to get 40k*
*25k to get 50k*
*30k to get 60k*
*35k to get 70k*
*40k to get 80k*
*50k to get 100k*
*55k to get 110k*
*75k to get 150k*
*95k to get 190k*
*115k to get 230k*
*150k to get 300k*
*200k to get 400k*
*300k to get 600k.*
*1million to get 2million*
Continue.... Mr money doubler
Re: Message From A Scammer. by olureignforever: 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kenog4real:

Same message I received 3 days ago. This same obinna. I think they have network because he actually link me to my current place of work. I jejely curse his generation.

1 Like

Re: Message From A Scammer. by Habib101: 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2021
Bunch of nonesense individuals they will not see light in their life if they don't repent and never go back
Re: Message From A Scammer. by ivolt: 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2021
Deicide:
Shebi they talk say them no go day scam home base grin
Really?
Who said it?
Re: Message From A Scammer. by ivolt: 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2021
Decency2020:
Only a fool will fall for this. How can your old mate whom you don't have communication relationship with will just send you message introducing himself and offering you job opportunity. Where are his relatives and close pals, they don't need job?
You can fall for it too.
Stop feeling pompous.
Re: Message From A Scammer. by Columbine(m): 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
sad This is NOT how to HUSTLE for a living.It a SCAM, FRAUDULENT,Illegitimate.May the gods smite all the pipu the hustle this way with BLINDNESS

Easy comrade! I'm not in support of crime. It's an illegitimate hustle

1 Like

Re: Message From A Scammer. by novia22(f): 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2021
Greatzeus:
Foolish scamer,shell SPDC Kill you there,jobless broke ass low life somewhere in okokomaiko sleeping under leaking roof,shior angry

This comment is painful....Even the scammer go feel am under him leaking roof say him matter don reach Nairaland....
Re: Message From A Scammer. by fabregas04(m): 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2021
very old trick. my guy fell for it sometimes in 2014 or so. i also know about 2 others that had fallen for this.
Re: Message From A Scammer. by UltimateSpice: 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
SCAMMERS REAP FROM WHERE THEY DID NOT SOW. IT IS TERRIBLE.
Re: Message From A Scammer. by Patode: 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
I got this message from B.T.C HIGH TRADE INVESTMENT. Phone number is +2348130261698 and the name of the administrator is PST. ADEBAYO PATRICK.

*100% Guaranteed.*
*The instant payment and instant merging is only available for*
*​Within 2hours 30 minutes you will receive your double merging* *packages:-​*
*15k to get 30k*
*20k to get 40k*
*25k to get 50k*
*30k to get 60k*
*35k to get 70k*
*40k to get 80k*
*50k to get 100k*
*55k to get 110k*
*75k to get 150k*
*95k to get 190k*
*115k to get 230k*
*150k to get 300k*
*200k to get 400k*
*300k to get 600k.*
*1million to get 2million*
Re: Message From A Scammer. by evil1: 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
This same thing happened to me in 2018. Thank God I'm tech savvy if not I would have fallen.

Like people actually sit down, compose messages, so patient even for years hoping one day their prey will fall into their net.
Re: Message From A Scammer. by Gotze1: 3:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
I have seen that before. I flashed him, he called back. After wasting his credit for 10minutes, I asked him to go and find work.
Re: Message From A Scammer. by Gotze1: 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2021
xteve:
Got same message and my reply go shock you.
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Commandments To Get A Job In Nigeria Easily / Massive Recruitment At Federal Medical Center, Gombe (116 Positions) / How Iniubong Umoren Was Raped, Killed & Buried By Uduak Akpan - Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.