Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,261 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State (24875 Views)

'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' / Akeredolu: Murderous Herdsmen Are Desperately Trying To Overrun Our State / Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by Ctorch: 6:47pm On Sep 29, 2021
We will Never Succumb to Invaders, Leave Our State -Obiano

ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE ON WEDNESDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER, 2021.

It is on a very sad note that I address the State today to condemn in very strong terms, the violence that has been witnessed in Anambra in the past few days.
Since last weekend, some armed persons have unleashed terror with sporadic attacks on innocent citizens in various parts of the State.
From the briefings I have received from Security Commanders, Offices of some political parties, branded campaign vehicles and individuals occupying them have been attacked with killings and burning of vehicles observed.

Other innocent road users have become victims of this menace with many losing their lives and others, their properties.
Between Sunday 26th and yesterday 28th September, 2021 attacks on citizens at Oko, Agulu, Obosi, Nkpor, Nnobi, Nnewi and other places have left about ten (10) people dead including an illustrious son of this State, Dr Chike Akunyili, husband of late Prof Dora Akunyili who was reportedly gunned down yesterday around Nkpor.

These are our own people dying every day and for what reason?
Ndi Anambra, these attacks and accompanying deaths cannot be justified and must stop now.

I have therefore conducted an extensive security meeting and have directed all Security Agencies to step up and confront this monster ravaging our land. I charge everyone involved in the security architecture of Anambra State to take very seriously, this threat to our livelihood and boldly rise to confront same. Everything that needs to be done will be done and no stone will be left unturned in this effort. My directive to this effect is clear and i urge every security personnel on duty in Anambra State to do his utmost best to secure our people.

To all citizens of Anambra State and every person living and doing business in our State, I urge you now to join forces with us to confront this common enemy. We cannot condone this savagery for any reason whatsoever.
I therefore call on all our youths in the State to rise up and protect our communities.
Traditional Rulers, Presidents General, Clergy men, Vigilante Groups and all leadership structures must now take responsibility and in conjunction with the Police, Military and other Law Enforcement Agencies, work to restore order immediately.

To reinforce our commitment and seriousness on this issue, I on behalf of the State Government, wish to announce a twenty million Naira (N20,000,000.00) reward for any useful information leading to the arrest of the perpetrators of these heinous attacks on our State. The people behind this must be unmasked and brought to book.
I urge Citizens to report to us, anybody bearing firearm who is not a Security or Vigilante personnel, so we can deal with this monster, once and for all. Call 07039194332 or approach any Security deployment if you have any information. As the Americans say, IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING.

At this point, I wish to most heartily condole with the families of all those who have lost their loved ones in the course of these senseless attacks. I promise you that we will leave no stone unturned in getting justice for them. May their souls rest in peace.

Finally, I urge all citizens of the State to unite in this fight against all forms of terror, intimidation and tyranny. We will not succumb to invaders as I am convinced that no Anambra son will indulge in this kind of heartlessness. I warn all those promoting and participating in these violent attacks to leave our State or pay a high price as we will definitely catch up with them.

To all law abiding citizens and persons living in our State, I urge you to go about your lawful businesses but we must now ALL go to work and take back our State. This is Anambra, the Light of the Nation, where darkness has no place. The events of the last one week will not be allowed to fester and by God’s grace, we shall overcome.
Thank you and God bless.

Gov Willie Obiano, FCA.
29th September, 2021.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=404853114342818&id=100044543974752&fs=1&focus_composer=0&m_entstream_source=feed_mobile&refid=8&ref=opera_for_android_speed_dial&_ft_=qid.-7689248337019435167%3Amf_story_key.-7920678349879636006%3Atop_level_post_id.404853114342818%3Acontent_owner_id_new.100044543974752%3Apage_id.100044543974752%3Asrc.22%3Aphoto_id.404853091009487%3Astory_location.5%3Astory_attachment_style.photo%3Aview_time.1632937174%3Afilter.h_nor%3Aott.AX_RDyfitdKftGdV%3Atds_flgs.3&__tn__=S%2AW-R

14 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by Bantu10: 6:54pm On Sep 29, 2021
The days of Fulani Herdsmen are numbered in South East. They can take this to the bank

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by LegendHero(m): 6:56pm On Sep 29, 2021
Bantu10:
The days of Fulani Herdsmen are numbered in South East. They can take this to the bank

I’m not sure Obiano is talking about Fulanis from his statement.

I’m sure now that 20million is at stake, we might know the actual culprit soon as that amount is too much to overlook by ordinary citizens.

Now you have to choose between sure death from those that carried out the murder OR getting 20million richer and damning the consequences. Get rich or die trying mode activated.

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by Bantu10: 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2021
LegendHero:

I’m not sure Obiano is taking about Fulanis from his statement.

He is talking about invaders from futa jalon that are invading and killing people everywhere in Nigeria

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 29, 2021
Bantu10:

Maybe you will be the next to be mowed down by Igbos.

There is a saying that if it hasn't happened to you, u won't feel the pain of what others are passing through.

You think by calling herdsmen you will gather sympathy to gruesome murder perpetuated by Igbos just under 2 days 10 person's were killed.

Umuazi Aba drive through to just waste people's lives in anambra state.

Broad daylight killing is what these terrorists are distancing themselves from.

On a single day Umuazi Aba (Indigenes of Aba Murdered 7 souls in Anambra state.)

EARLIER Watching the video below of unknown Gunmen (IPOB) in Onitsha , you will hear clearly and stated that it was Umuazi Aba driving down to maim souls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsySuYTI26o

Same day they killed Seven different people including Dora Akunyili husband making it 8.

So it is no coincidence that they were in onitsha and same days Eight souls were lost.

79 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by Bantu10: 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Maybe you will be the next to be mowed down by Igbos.

There is a saying that if it hasn't happened to you, u won't feel the pain of what others are passing through.

You think by calling herdsmen you will gather sympathy to gruesome murder perpetuated by Igbos just under 2 days 10 person's were killed.

Umuazi Aba drive through to just waste people's lives in anambra state.

I hate zombies with everything in me. Try cilicmarin.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by Staysave: 7:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ma gee
It is well.....

Fulanis terrorist are now in anambra state be alarm...

4 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by Fejoku: 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
LegendHero:

We all know the people he is referring to. It is the same people slaughtering innocent people all over Nigeria. If your prejudice is curable, a visit from them may be the last hope.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by greatiyk4u(m): 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2021
Deep worded warnings but will the right action accompany that especially now that you are hunting for votes?

Anambra is too big for the madness going on there in the state.

It shall never be well with PDP for creating all the current Nigeria problems

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by Afamed: 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ipob terrorist bastard days are numbered

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by blackmantis: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUTFPAt0laA

See them....eastern talibans

and people are hailing them SMH.

angry

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by Earlystar698(m): 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
[s]
Afamed:
Ipob terrorist bastard days are numbered
[/s]

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by Maxymilliano(m): 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
I sincerely hope this drunk of a governor matches his words with action

1 Like

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by TarOrfeeek: 7:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
Inspite of the alchohol content of champagne, Obiano has enough wisdom to know that the DSS in collusion with Funali herdsmen murdered this innocent man.

God will surely expose Gen. Failure.

9 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by CilicMarin: 7:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
Maxymilliano:
I sincerely hope this drunk of a governor matches his words with action

Exactly! I don't trust the guy at all.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2021
LegendHero:

I’m sure now that 20million is at stake, we might know the actual culprit soon as that amount is too much to overlook by ordinary citizens.

Now you have to choose between sure death from those that carried out the murder OR getting 20million richer and damning the consequences. Get rich or die trying mode activated.

Lol, the people that are fast to quote you are the person's Obiano is talking about. They will rush to cover the evils theur people are committing and none of them is from the state.

Clear mind fears no accusations.

Obiano is plainly talking about the surrounding states Abia, Imo etc and their overzealous citizens trying to create problems for anambra state.

Whosoever trying to divert attention to herdsmen is just a mischievous terrot Ipob that will rot in hell soon or be deported back to his state.

Even the video of Ipob gunmen one will clearly hear chant of umu Aba in the background.

Meanwhile may the souls of departed continuing resting in peace.

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by Demigod22: 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
This Obiano know his people. With 20million naira, everybody for Anambra is automatically an investigator now. I think all these youths should be careful, I trust our police, they can just pick gate man and tag him IPOB.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by paramakina202: 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ipob terrorist and their sympathisers are here already shifting attention to wrong persons. Obiano just declared fatwa on each and every ipob terrorist in his state if do not know.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by SLAP44: 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
Apart from arresting and killing innocent Igbos, check the killers with police uniforms pretending to look for imaginary assassins.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by collagiatepaper: 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2021
Anambra will not tolerate invaders

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by MrColdsweat: 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2021
LegendHero:

Are you partially blind or illiterate?

Who are the invaders obiano talked about?

Who are the people invading other states to kill if not fulani?

Your hate for Ndigbo will consume you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by SLAP44: 7:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
LegendHero:

If by now you don't know the identity of invaders who went to olu falae' s farm, killed his aides and slapped him on his only good eye, then your education is a waste.

14 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by LegendHero(m): 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Are you partially blind or illiterate?

Who are the invaders obiano talked about?

Who are the people invading other states to kill if not fulani?

Your hate for Ndigbo will consume you.

Lol see who is calling me illiterate.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by InHeaven(m): 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2021
Sorrow upon sorrow!
May God strengthen Ipob lunatics to continue their praise worthy acts in the East

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by LegendHero(m): 7:44pm On Sep 29, 2021
SLAP44:

If by now you don't know the identity of invaders who went to olu falae' s farm, killed his aides and slapped him on his only good eye, then your education is a waste.

The only difference here is that the people Obiano is talking about did not operate in the bush and they perpetrated the same act across various locations with some of their acts on video where people praise them. That doesn’t sound like a herdmen hit.

Anyone that can’t decipher from that statement of Obiano that he isn’t talking of Fulani herdmen is either intellectually handicapped or feigning ignorance to deceive his fellow empty skulls.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by sirp9898(m): 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2021
As a governor has he look into the root of this things happening or is just to take old same pattern to solve a problem
For once let buy a new idea and come out of this our comfot sone

1 Like

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by LokoH(m): 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2021
Obiano you need wisdom
Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by udele1: 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
Obiano you are a drunkard. You saw it coming and did nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by techWriter3: 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
The hours of Fulani Herdsmen not counted in South East. They can give this to the banker

2 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by SLAP44: 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2021
LegendHero:

The only difference here is that the people Obiano is talking about did not operate in the bush and they perpetrated the same act across various locations with some of their acts on video where people praise them. That doesn’t sound like a herdmen hit.

Anyone that can’t decipher from that statement of Obiano that he isn’t talking of Fulani herdmen is either intellectually handicapped or feigning ignorance to deceive his fellow empty skulls.

Haba! grin

Are you so dumb that you think herdsmen cannot were black b overcoats and walk on tarred streets? grin

You should go and ask for a refund of all your school fees if you think that herdsmen cannot kill innocent people in the city.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by OfoIgbo: 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2021
LegendHero:

He is talking about Fulani herdsmen.

No Igboman or a SS man will do any harm to the Akunyilis.

The only group who are likely to commit this assassination is the Fulani group

3 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State by SLAP44: 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2021
udele1:
Obiano you are a drunkard. You saw it coming and did nothing.

One Day Is One Day, These Herdsmen Killing People In The East Will Be Unmasked.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Tinubu Attends NDA's 60th Anniversary / Should I Return To Nigeria? / Fayose Hails Buhari’s Inaugural Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.