Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

My Experience Today - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience Today (33174 Views)

Wonderful! :female Mechanic Recounts Her Experience, Today, In Lagos / Female Mechanic Recounts Her Experience, Today, In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Today by Sammy07: 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
fergie001:
Bearings & Distances, Circle Geometry; these are always tough ones.

Chai.....take heart.

I love bearing and distances
I hate circle geometry with passion esp all those theorems
Re: My Experience Today by fergie001: 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sammy07:

I love bearing and distances
I hate circle geometry with passion esp all those theorems
Circle Geometry dey always hard for exam but example dey simple grin
Re: My Experience Today by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2021
OlodoGraduate:
With the Physics too, I did quite well, but can you imagine: stupid me forgetting what a potentiometer is used for and I was even confusing the total emf of cells in a series with the total the emf of cells in parallel!

I could only think of the reasons for my lapses to myself but not tell to my supervisors to justify myself. At least, I was informed of the topics to prepare for..
Or is it anybody's fault that the last time I opened a Physics textbook or manual was sometimes last year or that I was unable to prepare for the tests.. lol

Well, they were really understanding (they did not condemn my mistakes) and still considered me for employment...
In summary, even if you're confident about something, there's no harm in double checking. No one is perfect!!...

Have you ever been in such a tight situation?
Me i went to an interview for the post of electromechanical engineer
I did well in the test. So during the interview i was asked to introduce myself.............immediately i mentioned i have worked in water production company na so d interview pulse me and asked what an IMPELLER is...impeller koh impeller ni...me dat have forgotten. I was just beating about the bush....so he asked if we have bole hole at home, i said yes. Has d pumping machine developed fault b4? I said yes....he now said as an engineer when ever we call the technician to repair it, y dont i ask question.. i was just there looking at him ...although i answered every other questions well but he used dat first question to knocked me out.
I got home to search for joting note i used den...low nd behold everything about IMPELLER was there.....was so mad at myself.
Always try to prepare b4 goin for any interview and dont say what u cant defend both orally and on your resume

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today by micxwell(m): 5:43pm On Sep 30, 2021
Mercychen:
Thank God. The subject I teach is not something most schools understand or know much about. So whenever I'm called for micro-teachings like that, I'm not shaky because even if I "tabon", no body will notice. grin.

Sometimes I confuse them with my British accent that they give up looking for faults. Lol..

Luckily for me, I've never made any mistakes.
What subject pls?
Re: My Experience Today by Sammy07: 5:43pm On Sep 30, 2021
fergie001:

Circle Geometry dey always hard for exam but example dey simple grin

U get it. grin
If dem no give me theorem 1 to 3 (the simplest of them)

I no go do it grin
Unto the next question cheesy
Re: My Experience Today by seanjy4konji: 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Wetin concern this well brought up tout with teaching?I would rather crack my brain for something that would pay me hourly in Nigeria...

Wahala for who deh wait for monthly salary job.

In Fela's voice....

You go just die,You go die for nothing.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today by fergie001: 5:46pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sammy07:
U get it. grin
If dem no give me theorem 1 to 3 (the simplest of them)

I no go do it grin
Unto the next question cheesy
WAEC own dey always strong. For NECO, you'll be wondering where the questions were picked from.

Common Geometry you cannot do, that's why nwanyiogwashi no gree lipsrsealed
Re: My Experience Today by egunna(m): 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
fergie001:
Bearings & Distances, Circle Geometry; these are always tough ones.

Chai.....take heart.
Once maths reach trigonometry,my power dey fail me.othee aspects easy.buh u see dat trigonometry?I dey fail myself in advance
Re: My Experience Today by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
FamTomx2:

Friction
...is the force that opposes motion grin

Punintended

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today by micxwell(m): 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
fergie001:

That was my nickname back then in Secondary.... grin grin

...was a king back then, destroying every form of remainder theorem, etc cheesy

Now, brain don rust cheesy
E no rust. Na how to make money full am now grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today by fergie001: 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
egunna:
Once maths reach trigonometry,my power dey fail me.othee aspects easy.buh u see dat trigonometry?I dey fail myself in advance
grin grin grin

Once you start getting close to diagrams in Mathematics, wahala don dey near door.
Re: My Experience Today by luminouz(m): 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
Mercychen:
Thank God. The subject I teach is not something most schools understand or know much about. So whenever I'm called for micro-teachings like that, I'm not shaky because even if I "tabon", no body will notice. grin.

Sometimes I confuse them with my British accent that they give up looking for faults. Lol..

Luckily for me, I've never made any mistakes.
K
Re: My Experience Today by Sammy07: 5:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
fergie001:

WAEC own dey always strong. For NECO, you'll be wondering where the questions were picked from.

Common Geometry you cannot do, that's why nwanyiogwashi no gree lipsrsealed

Nah, at least I dey solve calculus undecided

Its been long I heard from her self.
Hope no be say two of u don colabo as per say I no understand igbo lipsrsealed

I go sue u
Re: My Experience Today by fergie001: 5:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
micxwell:

E no rust. Na how to make money full am now grin grin
My brother.....

I tell you ... You garrit jare grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today by AvalonSpace(m): 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
OlodoGraduate:
With the Physics too, I did quite well, but can you imagine: stupid me forgetting what a potentiometer is used for and I was even confusing the total emf of cells in a series with the total the emf of cells in parallel!

I could only think of the reasons for my lapses to myself but not tell to my supervisors to justify myself. At least, I was informed of the topics to prepare for..
Or is it anybody's fault that the last time I opened a Physics textbook or manual was sometimes last year or that I was unable to prepare for the tests.. lol

Well, they were really understanding (they did not condemn my mistakes) and still considered me for employment...
In summary, even if you're confident about something, there's no harm in double checking. No one is perfect!!...

When you think you know it all, complacency sets in. But People still make impromptu speech and excel.. You bin smoke?
Re: My Experience Today by Hassanmaye(m): 5:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
OlodoGraduate:
Woah.
It seems I'm living up to my name , "OlodoGraduate".
So, I dropped an application in a school about 2 weeks ago. I got called yesterday to come for interview. I was given a written test. I believe I did good in the test. Then, I was asked to come for a microteaching today.

I was given the topics to prepare for - in Mathematics; bearing and in Physics; Electricity.

I got home and didn't work towards crosschecking my mastery of these topics as I made my self believe that I would get no glitches in teaching these topics and I also got this crazy headache. I just took drugs and slept all along.

Today came, I quickly came up with a lesson note and proceeded to the school....

Since the school is on holiday, the SSS 2 and SSS 3 were together for lessons. I was asked to teach Bearings first. I began quite good and after a while, I was given a question to solve with the students.

It was a past WAEC question on calculation in Bearings. I was able to make out the diagram, but then I knew outrightly that something was wrong..

I knew what was wrong but I was unable to rectify it. I was just there in the front, blanking out of options....
Thankfully, I was put through by my supervisors {in fact, I really appreciate them} in a polite way and one of them even asked to students to applaud me.

I managed to appeal to the students and explained that "such happens at times".

The supervisor also tried to buttress my point by sighting an example of a case where examiners with over 30 years of experience couldn't solve a certain question — probably not to let me feel hopeless. I wanted to hold on to that as a panacea, but then I snapped out of it "shame on me".
Are you a graduate of physics or mathematics because generally physics students know maths more than Mathematicians
Re: My Experience Today by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 30, 2021
micxwell:

What subject pls?
Phonetics and diction.

Viltron:
are you a Diction instructor?
Yes
Shezzman:
Lol.
And what subject could that be
Diction and phonetics.
Re: My Experience Today by fergie001: 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sammy07:
Nah, at least I dey solve calculus undecided
Mathematics is sweet but that Course hard crase. My guy results for 2nd degree just make me begin cry on his behalf.

Its been long I heard from her self.
Hope no be say two of u don colabo as per say I no understand igbo lipsrsealed
She say make I go kill my Gov become Gov.

I then sang Rudeboy's "Reality" for her.....
Re: My Experience Today by Rajiolaade: 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
If it's a pilot job & mistakes or flops occurred mid air , will aeroplane comprises and pamper u, or if it's practical electrical & you forgot & touch 1000volts will your supervisor ask the students to applause your dead body? any way I congratulate u it's an inconsequential teaching job.Poor boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today by Bfss: 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2021
grin
Re: My Experience Today by Sammy07: 6:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
fergie001:

Mathematics is sweet but that Course hard crase. My guy results for 2nd degree just make me begin cry on his behalf.

She say make I go kill my Gov become Gov.

I then sang Rudeboy's "Reality" for her.....

Lmaoooo

Re: My Experience Today by Exodora: 6:01pm On Sep 30, 2021
Yours is even better that is solving , mine was spelling and I stylishly hand over the maker to one of the students' na so I save my face that day than making further fool of myself .
I actually wrote a lesson note but then went with the wrong one though I remembered the topic but there were too much that day cause I taught many classes than I should have so my head was really full for the day .

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today by Alhajiemeritus: 6:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
OlodoGraduate:

Lol
They will consider you for employment because they won't be offering a reasonable sum.
Àìmọye olodo teachers.
Cheer up.
Re: My Experience Today by duro4chang(m): 6:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
E no easy
Re: My Experience Today by guy222: 6:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
MannaBBQIsMad:
Good one

At least, you learnt from your mistake.

and his ilk of political lobbers can't admit their mistakes. He's a damn bloody fool.
na who be this one again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today by dreofGod(m): 6:17pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nwaotu10:

Indentation is a blank space (gap) before a paragraph.

Paragraph is a written composition or probably a group of words discussing a single point.
Bro, thanks a lot of for this. Just learnt something new from you and I have researched it myself. Turned out you are 100% right. I have been fixing a square peg in a round hole all these while thinking I know the meaning of paragraph. Good thing about nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Today by Maj196(m): 6:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
I hate bearing for mathematics ehhn. No matter how hard I try e no dey enter grin
Re: My Experience Today by BarrElChapo(m): 6:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
Davash222:
Reduce hand for weed. Na only weed dey make person forget things easily

LMAOOOOO grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? / Is N400,000 A Bad Salary In Today's Nigeria? Is He Doing Something Wrong / Man Sells Pure Water In A Corporate Wear In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.