Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

My Experience Today - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience Today (33173 Views)

Wonderful! :female Mechanic Recounts Her Experience, Today, In Lagos / Female Mechanic Recounts Her Experience, Today, In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Today by Isobug: 6:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
Rajiolaade:
If it's a pilot job & mistakes or flops occurred mid air , will aeroplane comprises and pamper u, or if it's practical electrical & you forgot & touch 1000volts will your supervisor ask the students to applause your dead body? any way I congratulate u it's an inconsequential teaching job.Poor boy.
Pilots are usually two, probably with a 2nd pilot who is an expert. Besides before even being tested u must have filed up to an acceptable hours in your training and after training

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today by Earthstorms(m): 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
OlodoGraduate:
Woah.
It seems I'm living up to my name , "OlodoGraduate".
So, I dropped an application in a school about 2 weeks ago. I got called yesterday to come for interview. I was given a written test. I believe I did good in the test. Then, I was asked to come for a microteaching today.

I was given the topics to prepare for - in Mathematics; bearing and in Physics; Electricity.

I got home and didn't work towards crosschecking my mastery of these topics as I made my self believe that I would get no glitches in teaching these topics and I also got this crazy headache. I just took drugs and slept all along.

Today came, I quickly came up with a lesson note and proceeded to the school....

Since the school is on holiday, the SSS 2 and SSS 3 were together for lessons. I was asked to teach Bearings first. I began quite good and after a while, I was given a question to solve with the students.

It was a past WAEC question on calculation in Bearings. I was able to make out the diagram, but then I knew outrightly that something was wrong..

I knew what was wrong but I was unable to rectify it. I was just there in the front, blanking out of options....
Thankfully, I was put through by my supervisors {in fact, I really appreciate them} in a polite way and one of them even asked to students to applaud me.

I managed to appeal to the students and explained that "such happens at times".

The supervisor also tried to buttress my point by sighting an example of a case where examiners with over 30 years of experience couldn't solve a certain question — probably not to let me feel hopeless. I wanted to hold on to that as a panacea, but then I snapped out of it "shame on me".

When I tell you to read for school you refused and cheated from year 1 to final year. See yourself now.

Me when nor go school fit answer the questions self.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today by pegix(m): 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Bros op loose guard

Proper preparation prevent poor performance but not without weed

You for dragg one tie ....even if you nor prepare

That year for physics...I dey chop wave and electricity
Then come drink Electromagnetism as water
uve got knowledge around, crime, science , politics and fraud

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today by Nwaotu10(m): 6:31pm On Sep 30, 2021
dreofGod:
Bro, thanks a lot of for this. Just learnt something new from you and I have researched it myself. Turned out you are 100% right. I have been fixing a square peg in a round hole all these while thinking I know the meaning of paragraph. Good thing about nairaland.

Lol.
You're welcome, bro.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 30, 2021
Not just school, before any presentation you have to prepare well.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today by Stankovic22: 6:43pm On Sep 30, 2021
I graduated 6yrs ago but wake me anytime to teach any of the courses (computer related ones o) I did in school and I will trash it confidently.

Funny enough, I didn't read much back then in school and didn't graduate with a first class but my experience with buying and selling laptops in ikeja computer just makes things easier for me.

I quickly remember those things I did in school both practical I was never taught and the theories
Re: My Experience Today by Stankovic22: 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Stankovic22:
I graduated 6yrs ago but wake me anytime to teach any of the courses (computer related ones o) I did in school and I will trash it confidently. I studied computer science

Funny enough, I didn't read much back then in school and didn't graduate with a first class but my experience with buying and selling laptops in ikeja computer just makes things easier for me.

I quickly remember those things I did in school both practical I was never taught and the theories
Re: My Experience Today by Benwallt(m): 6:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
Me, I was saved by a tread. I was teaching singular and plural nouns and as I got to mouse I suddenly became confused. The class became unusually quiet and as I was about to say mouses one innocent girl just sprang up and yanked mice. You need to see the prayer I offered in my mind.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Today by noble2faith(m): 6:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
Mercychen:
Thank God. The subject I teach is not something most schools understand or know much about. So whenever I'm called for micro-teachings like that, I'm not shaky because even if I "tabon", no body will notice. grin.

Sometimes I confuse them with my British accent that they give up looking for faults. Lol..

Luckily for me, I've never made any mistakes.
You will be caught one day!
Re: My Experience Today by joyandfaith: 6:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
OlodoGraduate:
Woah.
So, I dropped an application in a school about 2 weeks ago. I got called yesterday to come for interview. I was given a written test. I believe I did good in the test. Then, I was asked to come for a microteaching today.

I was given the topics to prepare for - in Mathematics; bearing and in Physics; Electricity.

I got home and didn't work towards crosschecking my mastery of these topics as I made my self believe that I would get no glitches in teaching these topics and I also got this crazy headache. I just took drugs and slept all along.

Today came, I quickly came up with a lesson note and proceeded to the school....

Since the school is on holiday, the SSS 2 and SSS 3 were together for lessons. I was asked to teach Bearings first. I began quite good and after a while, I was given a question to solve with the students.

It was a past WAEC question on calculation in Bearings. I was able to make out the diagram, but then I knew outrightly that something was wrong..

I knew what was wrong but I was unable to rectify it. I was just there in the front, blanking out of options....
Thankfully, I was put through by my supervisors {in fact, I really appreciate them} in a polite way and one of them even asked to students to applaud me.

The supervisor also tried to buttress my point by sighting an example of a case where examiners with over 30 years of experience couldn't solve a certain question — probably not to let me feel hopeless. I wanted to hold on to that as a panacea, but then I snapped out of it "shame on me".

You are very intelligent. That is reason you blame yourselves not others. I � sincere people.
Re: My Experience Today by Nickyblithe: 6:52pm On Sep 30, 2021
Reason why you should seriously consider changing your name. Names are powerful even if it’s a nick name. Change your name
Re: My Experience Today by bestmutiu2019(m): 6:53pm On Sep 30, 2021
Things like that do happen remember when I was writing one exam and I forgot the spellings of ARE omo twas a very serious issue,las las twas one girl that sat beside me that help me out with the spelling
Re: My Experience Today by fergie001: 6:54pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sammy07:
Lmaoooo
E dey find who she go kill?

No be me abeg, she get big eye shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today by bluefilm: 7:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
OlodoGraduate:
Woah.

Story.

You don fuck_ up be say you don fuck_ up.

My advice for you is to never allow anything to make you near that school again in the nearest future.

This is because the students will continue to remember that nonsense jonsing guy wey say im sabi to teach Physics and Mathematics meanwhile the guy na typical Olodo.

And they will talk about this your fuck_ up for a very long time to come.

I still dey remember all those of our teachers wey no sabi anything upon say e don pass 13 years wey dey been teach me.
Re: My Experience Today by FullBlastLight: 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Bros op loose guard

Stop dis weed thing, dude!

Or, u don't wanna get saved?

U must be saved, u can't continue like dis!
Re: My Experience Today by Youngsage: 7:09pm On Sep 30, 2021
Mercychen:
Thank God. The subject I teach is not something most schools understand or know much about. So whenever I'm called for micro-teachings like that, I'm not shaky because even if I "tabon", no body will notice. grin.

Sometimes I confuse them with my British accent that they give up looking for faults. Lol..

Luckily for me, I've never made any mistakes.

Depends on the kind of school. Some students can embarrass you grin
Re: My Experience Today by Mikeman123(m): 7:17pm On Sep 30, 2021
OlodoGraduate:
With the Physics too, I did quite well, but can you imagine: stupid me forgetting what a potentiometer is used for and I was even confusing the total emf of cells in a series with the total the emf of cells in parallel!

I could only think of the reasons for my lapses to myself but not tell to my supervisors to justify myself. At least, I was informed of the topics to prepare for..
Or is it anybody's fault that the last time I opened a Physics textbook or manual was sometimes last year or that I was unable to prepare for the tests.. lol

Well, they were really understanding (they did not condemn my mistakes) and still considered me for employment...
In summary, even if you're confident about something, there's no harm in double checking. No one is perfect!!...

Have you ever been in such a tight situation?
change your name.There is power in a name
Re: My Experience Today by Orlu15(m): 7:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
Shit happens in shitty places! [b][/b]
Re: My Experience Today by MoneyTrees(m): 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
This isn't good advice
You're not a real niggar
Real niggars take a jumbo sized Mali kush every morning before the start of their day
And do you know why??
The smoke from the Mali kush ignites your brain cells which in turn balances the catabolic & anabolic activities thus achieving a metabolic state of the brain.
Try to research on the wonders of weed as it's not just a plant but a miracle one
Davash222:
Reduce hand for weed. Na only weed dey make person forget things easily
Re: My Experience Today by Mayflowa(m): 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Bros op loose guard

I nor understand. Which wave and electricity are you talking about? Touchlight or Carol??
Re: My Experience Today by faithfull18(f): 7:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
Hmmn, you try.
Re: My Experience Today by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
Youngsage:

Depends on the kind of school. Some students can embarrass you grin

Ive not seen that school. Which student wants to know phoneh more than me?

noble2faith:

You will be caught one day!

Get caught for what??
Well ... It's not like I make mistakes as such. So ain't no one getting caught.
Re: My Experience Today by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
What an experience!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Today by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
D.P

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Today by otokx(m): 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2021
There was this Scrabble game and I was really tired, so someone played two and my brain kept reading tuwo and boy did I contest and then like an inspiration my eyes opened. How did I miss it?
Re: My Experience Today by Traplord09: 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
OlodoGraduate:

Lol. I no dey smoke weed and I no even dey like dt b4.... grin
Shit just happened sha

Ever one we blame it on weed..... ....
No problem... undecided undecided

Like you goveon or political
Na still weed wa make them no understand nigerian..

Make i no vax.....
undecided undecided
Re: My Experience Today by Crucialgem(m): 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
Op just today I encountered same predicament as yours, although mine is not my fault, I am a corper that left Delta my initial deployed state to Lagos my residential state hoping for greener pasture of better PPA but with all the search of one na teaching I later see, to got the long story short, I am a sociology and anthropology student teaching English from jss1 to Ss3. Six classes on a row you can imagine how hectic and hardworking I had to be

Today I went to ss2 class and I faced the embarrassment of my life, those girls showed me pepper, I managed to transcribe some few English words I familiarise myself with before going to there class as example, na so one idiot among them pleaded I transcribe one long word for them in front of all the class I wanted to ignore her but she was too loud, I felt embarrass my hands were shaken I couldn't do it I quickly bring out my phone for dictionary although I covered part of my shame but they knew I didn't know it.

I am still dealing with the embarrassment till now, and I have lost my confidence going to that class again

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Today by tuzle(m): 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2021
fergie001:

Circle Geometry is tough but more easier for those who studied Further Mathematics.

I perfected Bearings & Distances, Latitude & Longitude whilst I was serving upon all my "Chike Obi" in Mathematics. cheesy
I am good at some part of further math and I dislike some topics. Most of my mts courses in the university, I had A's.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? / Is N400,000 A Bad Salary In Today's Nigeria? Is He Doing Something Wrong / Man Sells Pure Water In A Corporate Wear In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.