Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North (18903 Views)

Joe Igbokwe Berates APC For Not Zoning The Party Chairmanship To The Southeast. / PDP Governors Vote To Zone Chairmanship To The North / MC Oluomo Loses Lagos NURTW Chairmanship To Michael Odugunle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by nathyx(m): 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
Presidential Hopeful Atiku will not like this news cool cool
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by rotadeco27: 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
aylipple:
For someone who supposedly is a political analyst to believe that PDP is automatically going to Zone its presidential ticket to the South just because it just ceded its chairmanship position to the North, speaks volume to the level of their understanding of the political mindset of the Northern power brokers who whether we accept it or not, hold all the aces as far as the two leading political parties are concerned.
When u are done deceiving urself , let's us know , the north had be riding on the divided south and united north ,nothing is spectacular about the play of politics by the north but game of divide and rule , it is crystal clear to the blind that the south has never been united like this , so take all that born to rule mentality to the dust bin , that era is gone!

1 Like

Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by hotseat: 4:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
PDP, though not necessarily better of but given the woeful performance of Bubu and the APC, PDP might be a better alternative.

If PDP is able to get their act together by being able to present an acceptable and sellable candidate, the presidency is theirs for the taking..
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by jumper524(m): 4:41pm On Sep 30, 2021
emmykk:

You think the PDP will zone it to south...when they were sing north the other day.
This is a grand strategy to fake APC so that they win the presidency.

The cunning people in PDP are really doing a great job.

APC is at the center with more control states. now if they zone theirs ticket to South west automatically as expected PDP Southern presidential candidate is gone.And Tinubu will become president without a fight..
The same way APC defeated a sitting president.

What should we do ? PDP leaders said to themselves...let pretend will we give the PDP presidential ticket to southern by zoning PDP chairmanship to north. Then should APC do the same by laying it on Tinubu hand.

Dying minutes Booms! Atiku will defeat any PDP Southern Candidates and became PDP presidential flag bearer.

This is not to difficult to understand.
fintiri of adamawa, an ATIKU loyalist voted against. Common this can't be a game. The parties involved are too much so definitely APC would be aware except pdp are foolish.
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by Chrisvotel: 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
We nor con dey hear of sowore, wetin con happen na.
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
eduj:

bro your a SW guy don't hid it. Atiku that couldn't get 65% of votes in his state you're now accusing obi of derailing ? Buhari won 2023 because of the 99% votes he got in two states in the NE and his own NW . peter obi delivered .

And why are you worried that PDP will zone the presidency to the SE (which isn't even assured) ?

It will make it easier for the SW candidate in the APC to win na - so swallow your pain med -unless you believe the pdp candidate has a chance of winning ?

the main aim of 2023 is for power to return to the South

I never said i am not a SW guy. Atiku was always a bad choice but Obi was even worse. Check out peter Obi's votes in the SE vs Jonathan's SE votes in 2015..for all the noise about Peter Obi, he got less votes in the SE for PDP than Jonathan, a man from the SS!!!! So he wasnt an asset even in his own base!!! the figures dont lie!!!!

Listen the problem with many people is they think emotionally. You are thinking emotionally. I am a southerner from the SW but I am cognizant of the reality of Nigerian politics which is that.....like it or not, the North determines who becomes president so you have to appease the North if you want to become president. politics and elections are about numbers. Elections are a very simple matter....you add the people who voted one way and you add the people who voted another and you see who has the highest.....it really is as simple as that. therefore when you put forward a candidate be it president or VP you consider if he can gain you additional votes or if his presence will prevent your core from voting elsewhere. Peter Obi did neither!!!! it is not a sentimental thing or a tribal thing...it's mathematics, the figures are out there!!!!

The problem with you people is you get unduly emotional over a matter that is really simple and you will keep losing until you understand that very simple concept!!! Tinubu realised he didnt have the numbers so he teamed up with a man he did not like but who had the numbers and the rest is history This game is a game of numbers if you dont have the numbers then you have to present candidates who will get you the numbers you need C'est fini!!!! You wont win any lections in Nigeria whether local govt or national unless you learn to swallow your pride and go where the votes are. Votes win elections!!!!

You have to win an election first to be in power. Take a leaf out of Tinubu's book he sacrificed his own ambition, financed the man with no money and gave him his own supporters so his party could be in power. if you keep fielding unelectable combinations, people who do not gain you votes, instead based on sentimental/tribal considerations, ignoring the realities on the ground you will be in opposition forever!!! Elections are about numbers!!!!!!!

I personally do not care who becomes president whether North or South. the problem with Nigeria isnt who is President but the constitution we operate and it will never change until the country has collapsed and change is forced upon the country or what is left of it!!! Nigeria in it's present guise is beyond salvation and doomed either way, I just find the games and strategies or lack of interesting. I particularly find the lack of strategic thinking by PDP baffling!!!

5 Likes

Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2021
perambulator:

I never said i am not a SW guy. Atiku was always a bad choice but Obi was even worse. Check out peter Obi's votes in the SE vs Jonathan's SE votes in 2015..you will see he got less votes for PDP in SE So he wasnt an asset!!! the figures dont lie!!!!

Listen the problem with many people is they think emotionally. You are thinking emotionally. I am a southerner from the SW but I am cognizant of the reality of Nigerian politics which is that.....like it or not, the North determines who becomes president so you have to appease the North if you want to become president. politics and elections are about numbers. Elections are a very simple matter....you add the people who voted one way and you add the people who voted another and you see who has the highest.....it really is as simple as that. therefore when you put forward a candidate be it president or VP you consider if he can gain you additional votes or if his presence will prevent your core from voting elsewhere. Peter Obi did neither!!!! it is not a sentimental thing or a tribal thing...it's mathematics, the figures are out there!!!!

The problem with you people is you get unduly emotional over a matter that is really simple and you will keep losing until you understand that very simple concept!!! Tinubu realised he didnt have the numbers so he teamed up with a man he did not like but who had the numbers and the rest is history This game is a game of numbers if you dont have the numbers then you have to present candidates who will get you the numbers you need C'est fini!!!! You wont win any lections in Nigeria whether local govt or national unless you learn to swallow your pride and go where the votes are. Votes win elections!!!!

You have to win an election first to be in power. Take a leaf out of Tinubu's book he sacrificed his own ambition, financed the man with no money and gave him his own supporters so his party could be in power. if you keep fielding unelectable combinations, people who do not gain you votes, instead based on sentimental/tribal considerations, ignoring the realities on the ground you will be in opposition forever!!! Elections are about numbers!!!!!!!

I personally do not care who becomes president whether North or South. the problem with Nigeria isnt who is President but the constitution we operate and it will never change until the country has collapsed and change is forced upon the country or what is left of it!!! Nigeria is beyond salvation and doomed either way, I just find the games and strategies or lack of interesting. I particularly find the lack of strategic thinking by PDP baffling!!!

Most sensible person on Nairaland I ever see.

You let logic to chase out your emotions,so you are able to reason with brain. Rather than heart

4 Likes

Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by RodgersAkpafu: 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
uwemetok:
They should just pick Donald Duke so all the tension can come to an end.
This is a good one
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by mandax: 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sunday2021:
then why did Jonathan contested in 2011 instead of allowing a northerner to complete the 4 years of Yar'adua?

Why did north make south lead for only about three-and-half years of the thirty-eight years north led Nigeria before 1999?

You are counting the history of political leadership of Nigeria as if Nigeria’s leadership history started in 1999.

Fair play is it in a country of multi-ethnic groups like Nigeria.
Without fair play, but with twisted logic from a particular group, a country of multi ethnic groups breaks up.
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by greatiyk4u(m): 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
benuejosh:
which middlebelt? Some of you just sit and talk nonsense. The Benue I know will NOT vote for PDP. Take that to the bank,save it and quote me in 2023. Ortom has messed up PDP in the state.

Nassarawa will not vote PDP, Yahaya Bello will deliver Kogi, Abuja is already sit of Power, Kwara will deliver APC, Niger State will be a tie. So how will Middlebelt join Igbo. That will only work if the ticket goes to Umahi in APC.

Sorry I can see you mistake middle belt for NORTH central

Try again later
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by sabidey: 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
JosephXavier:
The south is making a big statement with this.

As we all know, there are more competent politicians from the south that can deliver and balance the lost glory and try to revive Nigeria from the stranglehold of some cabal who have hijacked the presidency

People with integrity like Peter Obi, Nyesom Wike and Seyi Makinde have all shown their credibility at their various levels and deserve a shot at the presidency position

If PDP can field any of these options, I will vote for them strongly as they will stand a better chance in redeeming the image of this country which has been felt a huge damage by this administration
Nyesom Wike a person of integrity? Can you justify your assertion?
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by Indispensable85(m): 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
Power must come to South. Both APC and PDP will eventually give their tickets to southern candidates. It'll now come down to the personalities.

Let me see where those nonsense northern elders will get their own candidate from.
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by Sunday2021: 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
mandax:

Why did north make south lead for only about three-and-half years of the thirty-eight years north led Nigeria before 1999?

You are counting the history of political leadership of Nigeria as if Nigeria’s leadership history started in 1999.

Fair play is it in a country of multi-ethnic groups like Nigeria.
Without fair play, but with twisted logic from a particular group, a country of multi ethnic groups breaks up.
in military there is nothing like zoning, and the south were the first people to stage a coup, they south east carried arms against the republic. In a sane society, south east will not allow to come near power again because of the 2 atrocities I mentioned above.
My friend, this is democracy not military. In military your rank and the military board decide who rule. Btw the military board is made up of both south and north.
Let me ask you this question: When did the zoning start?

1 Like

Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by Cantonese: 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
TonyeBarcanista:
By Tonye Barcanista

The position taken by Governors of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to cede the party's National Chairmanship position to northern Nigeria has once again reaffirmed the loyalty and commitment of the party to the people of Nigeria.

For avoidance of doubt, the implication of this decision is that the Presidential ticket of the party for the 2023 election shall be ceded to the southern part of the country; this decision is a right move to ensure that Nigerians from the south are given opportunity to preside over the affairs of the country at the expiration of the eight-year tenure of President Muhammadu Buhari, who hails from the north.

It is incontestable that majority of Nigerians from the south and north, have at several fora called for power shift to the southern region in 2023. This was affirmed and reaffirmed by the entire 17 Governors of the southern region during their meetings in Asaba and Enugu of Delta and Enugu states respectively.

When the leadership of PDP appointed Governor Ugwuanyi to lead its National Zoning Committee ahead of the party's National Convention, Nigerians across tribes and religions always pressed on the Governor and his committee to be people-centric by allowing the Northern part of the country to enjoy the party's National Chairmanship position, which has eluded them in the last four years, while the south is given the nod for the Presidential nomination for 2023 election.

Although the Zoning Committee is yet to make formal declaration on these issues, I am grateful that the influential Governors Forum of the party, which Governor Ugwuanyi is a bona fide member, have taken the popular position of PDP Chairmanship to north.

Therefore, I appeal to the National Zoning Committee to tow the line of the Governors Forum by concluding zoning of the party's national chairmanship seat to the north and the 2023 Presidential ticket to the south.

May I appreciate Governors Nyesom Wike (Rivers), Seyi Makinde (Oyo), Udom Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom), Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta), Douye Diri (Bayelsa), Godwin Obaseki (Edo), Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia), Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu) and Samuel Ortom (Benue) for voting in favor of shift in the party's chairmanship to the north.

I equally appreciate Governors Bala Muhammed, Ahmadu Fintiri and Aminu Tambuwal of Bauchi, Adamawa and Sokoto states respectively for their show of statesmanship in accepting the majority decision of the party's Governors.

With the position of PDP Governors, I, as well as majority Nigerians, can now confirm that the party is set and well positioned to regain the Presidency in 2023 and majority seats in the States and National Assembly.

May God bless the Peoples Democratic Party

Tonye Barcanista Inioribo

Thank you for this piece.

In all you missed the point clamoured for by the South east that the presidency should reside there in 2023. That way secessionist demands would be appeased.

Situating the presidency in the South west would be a wrong and completely unfair move considering that the South west ruled in 1999 - 2023 and the vice presidency from 2015 till the present date.

If we talk of one United and indivisible Nigeria then it behoves on the political leaders to do the needful, without fear, by allowing a president of Igbo extraction take over in 2023.

3 Likes

Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 30, 2021
Khaleepha5681:

Most sensible person on Nairaland I ever see.

You let logic to chase out your emotions,so you are able to reason with brain. Rather than heart

APC is making inroads everyday into previously impregnable PDP traditional bases in SS and SE meanwhile PDP is bogged down with narrow minded, ethnic sentiments and nonstrategic thinking and they want to win a national election?

Nigerian opposition politics since independence has always had one trait. Local champions failing to win national elections!! It doesnt matter if the man from Umuahia or Ikenne is a local champion in his region, he needs the votes of the voter in Kano, Sokoto, Katsina, Kaduna, Borno,Bauchi, Jigawa etc (states with big voter numbers) . Many people dont realise, you dont need to win these states, you just need enough votes to stop them going 90% to your opponent..hopefully you get 25% at least. Therefore a party must have a presidential/VP combination that can either bring huge home base votes and draw large votes OUTSIDE their home bases. Another thing many dont realise is a lot of damage is done simply by taking a few votes from your opponent even without winning (a strategic mistake by PDP in 2019) that is why it is important to make inroads into your opponents home base and why Obi was a bad choice. For example, If a state is 800k/200k in favour of party A the gap is 600k in favour of party A, if you manage to convert 100k Party A voters in that state to swith to party B, it is now 700k/300k. The gap has gone down to 400k and youve gained 200K, which will count towards the eventual national totals..... so you see every converted voter is actually 2 votes! Youve also now added another state to the 25% requirement....that is the importance of appeal outside your home turf or breaking into opposition turf!!! thats what APC is doing right now in SE andSS. They wont win there and they know but they will do enough to damage PDP.

3 Likes

Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by benuejosh: 6:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
greatiyk4u:

Sorry I can see you mistake middle belt for NORTH central

Try again later
Oga, what then is Middle Belt?
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by garfield1: 6:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
benuejosh:
which middlebelt? Some of you just sit and talk nonsense. The Benue I know will NOT vote for PDP. Take that to the bank,save it and quote me in 2023. Ortom has messed up PDP in the state.

Nassarawa will not vote PDP, Yahaya Bello will deliver Kogi, Abuja is already sit of Power, Kwara will deliver APC, Niger State will be a tie. So how will Middlebelt join Igbo. That will only work if the ticket goes to Umahi in APC.

Niger,kwara and kogi will go to apc straight up.Benue and plateau is 50 50.north east and north west apc.only ss and se will vote pdp
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2021
garfield1:

Niger,kwara and kogi will go to apc straight up.Benue and plateau is 50 50.north east and north west apc.only ss and se will vote pdp

A minority party (which is what PDP is now) cannot win with a minority presidential candidate which is why i said the only chance they have of winning (which itself is an uphill task) is with a Northern presidential candidate!!
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by ComrdDRS1: 6:18pm On Sep 30, 2021
perambulator:

I never said i am not a SW guy. Atiku was always a bad choice but Obi was even worse. Check out peter Obi's votes in the SE vs Jonathan's SE votes in 2015..you will see he got less votes for PDP in SE So he wasnt an asset!!! the figures dont lie!!!!

I personally do not care who becomes president whether North or South. the problem with Nigeria isnt who is President but the constitution we operate and it will never change until the country has collapsed and change is forced upon the country or what is left of it!!! Nigeria is beyond salvation and doomed either way, I just find the games and strategies or lack of interesting. I particularly find the lack of strategic thinking by PDP baffling!!!
Meaning presidency should still be zone to North abi
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
ComrdDRS1:

Meaning presidency should still be zone to North abi

First of all I didnt say so. Secondly you dont really have much of a choice if the North decide they want to keep the presidency.

1 Like

Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by emmykk(m): 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
SonofDevil:
conspiracy theorist cheesy wake up from your delusion.
I guess the zoning of chairmanship to north destroyed your initial permutationcheesy now you re trying to twist your head with delusion

Don't worry just be watching...
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by SirBunky85(m): 6:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
Evergreen4:
Best decision. They are now ready to wrestle power from APC. They should ensure the ticket goes to SE
wrestle which power?who in the southern PDP commands followers hip from the northern region?FYI,if the PDP zones it's presidential ticket to the south,the APC would have a smooth sail irrespective of who they present as it's flag bearer

2 Likes

Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by indolomous(m): 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
Let's all be realistic, there is no way in heaven, hell & whatever is inbetween that PDP will take over power come 2023; fact is PDP is a weak party rn & is currently powered by self centered A-H thinking about theirselves rather than the good of the country. But i sure love the drama.

1 Like

Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by Lubumbashi: 6:39pm On Sep 30, 2021
First fruit of Wike taking back PDP from Secondus/Atiku cheesy. ...Wike is a person that will never allow the north cheat the south in his party lailai cheesy

2 Likes

Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by MEGAWATCH: 6:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Nice points. It's just a catch 22 as PDP's top guns are northerners yet the party can't easily wave the demand by members who demand zoning the PDP Presidential flagbearer ticket to the south.

In reality, even if the PDP ticket goes to the South, PDP will still lose. Same thing is already playing out in Anambra. No one would have imagined the level of sabotage PDP is experiencing in Anambra and even Edo.
Here is free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you, it's 100% free!
https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund.

Wishing thinkers everywhere.
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by SonofDevil: 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
emmykk:

Don't worry just be watching...
you will wait till infinitycheesy
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by kayfra: 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
TonyeBarcanista:
By Tonye Barcanista

The position taken by Governors of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to cede the party's National Chairmanship position to northern Nigeria has once again reaffirmed the loyalty and commitment of the party to the people of Nigeria.

For avoidance of doubt, the implication of this decision is that the Presidential ticket of the party for the 2023 election shall be ceded to the southern part of the country; this decision is a right move to ensure that Nigerians from the south are given opportunity to preside over the affairs of the country at the expiration of the eight-year tenure of President Muhammadu Buhari, who hails from the north.

It is incontestable that majority of Nigerians from the south and north, have at several fora called for power shift to the southern region in 2023. This was affirmed and reaffirmed by the entire 17 Governors of the southern region during their meetings in Asaba and Enugu of Delta and Enugu states respectively.

When the leadership of PDP appointed Governor Ugwuanyi to lead its National Zoning Committee ahead of the party's National Convention, Nigerians across tribes and religions always pressed on the Governor and his committee to be people-centric by allowing the Northern part of the country to enjoy the party's National Chairmanship position, which has eluded them in the last four years, while the south is given the nod for the Presidential nomination for 2023 election.

Although the Zoning Committee is yet to make formal declaration on these issues, I am grateful that the influential Governors Forum of the party, which Governor Ugwuanyi is a bona fide member, have taken the popular position of PDP Chairmanship to north.

Therefore, I appeal to the National Zoning Committee to tow the line of the Governors Forum by concluding zoning of the party's national chairmanship seat to the north and the 2023 Presidential ticket to the south.

May I appreciate Governors Nyesom Wike (Rivers), Seyi Makinde (Oyo), Udom Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom), Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta), Douye Diri (Bayelsa), Godwin Obaseki (Edo), Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia), Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu) and Samuel Ortom (Benue) for voting in favor of shift in the party's chairmanship to the north.

I equally appreciate Governors Bala Muhammed, Ahmadu Fintiri and Aminu Tambuwal of Bauchi, Adamawa and Sokoto states respectively for their show of statesmanship in accepting the majority decision of the party's Governors.

With the position of PDP Governors, I, as well as majority Nigerians, can now confirm that the party is set and well positioned to regain the Presidency in 2023 and majority seats in the States and National Assembly.

May God bless the Peoples Democratic Party

Tonye Barcanista Inioribo

STFU

You spew too much garbage
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by greatiyk4u(m): 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
benuejosh:
Oga, what then is Middle Belt?

Google is still friendly, take advantage
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2021
perambulator:

APC is making inroads everyday into previously impregnable PDP traditional bases in SS and SE meanwhile PDP is bogged down with narrow minded, ethnic sentiments and nonstrategic thinking and they want to win a national election?

Nigerian opposition politics since independence has always had one trait. Local champions failing to win national elections!! It doesnt matter if the man from Umuahia or Ikenne is a local champion in his region, he needs the votes of the voter in Kano, Sokoto, Katsina, Kaduna, Borno,Bauchi, Jigawa etc (states with big voter numbers) . Many people dont realise, you dont need to win these states, you just need enough votes to stop them going 90% to your opponent..hopefully you get 25% at least. Therefore a party must have a presidential/VP combination that can either bring huge home base votes or draw large votes OUTSIDE their home bases. Another thing many dont realise is a lot of damage is done simply by taking a few votes from your opponent even without winning (a strategic mistake by PDP in 2019) that is why it is important to make inroads into your opponents home base and why Obi was a bad choice. For example, If a state is 800k/200k in favour of party A the gap is 600k in favour of party A, if you manage to convert 100k Party A voters in that state to swith to party B, it is now 700k/300k. The gap has gone down to 400k and youve gained 200K, which will count towards the eventual national totals..... so you see every converted voter is actually 2 votes! Youve also now added another state to the 25% requirement....that is the importance of appeal outside your home turf or breaking into opposition turf!!! thats what APC is doing right now in SE andSS. They wont win there and they know but they will do enough to damage PDP.

You have already explained it in a very logical manner, without conspiracy, false hope and tribalism

The reality is, what will make APC stronger is what will make PDP weaker and vice versa.

Except in terms of region, APC can zone it everywhere but PDP has one option; North

PDP has only one option, but APC can do even better with southern candidate and best with northern one

But PDP can't win with Southern candidate, and to win with northern candidate too is difficult except if APC has southern candidate.

With government, majority senators, majority governors....APC stand good chances

2 Likes

Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by mandax: 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sunday2021:
in military there is nothing like zoning, and the south were the first people to stage a coup, they south east carried arms against the republic. In a sane society, south east will not allow to come near power again because of the 2 atrocities I mentioned above.
My friend, this is democracy not military. In military your rank and the military board decide who rule. Btw the military board is made up of both south and north.
Let me ask you this question: When did the zoning start?

If you are learned, you should have been tutored along the line to understand that it was a Nigeria army military coup in 1966, planned and participated in by soldiers from many tribes of Nigeria, not a coup by the SE.

If you are sane enough you should have understood that the best emerges from anywhere in the country to become president of a country, if not that north created a political structure for political supremacy of northern politicians; not your foolish elimination of a particular region from occupying apex political power in the country. Only zombies or parasites hold your views above.
North has led Nigeria for ages, how is the north faring now?

Because far north adopted unconstitutional Islamic Sharia criminal laws, the same laws Boko Haram says it’s fighting for a country to be governed with; do you not know that sharia criminal laws matter has cost Nigeria a fortune?
Re: On The People-Centric Decision Of PDP Governors To Zone Chairmanship To North by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2021
Khaleepha5681:

You have already explained it in a very logical manner, without conspiracy, false hope and tribalism

The reality is, what will make APC stronger is what will make PDP weaker and vice versa.

Except in terms of region, APC can zone it everywhere but PDP has one option; North

PDP has only one option, but APC can do even better with southern candidate and best with northern one

But PDP can't win with Southern candidate, and to win with northern candidate too is difficult except if APC has southern candidate.

With government, majority senators, majority governors....APC stand good chances

Exactly! PDP's best chance is a strong Northern candidate with a Southern candidate that lock his region and has appeal outside SS/SE Maybe Tambuwal/Duke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Afenifere Reacts To President Buhari's 'herdsmen Don't Carry AK-47' Comment / Disquiet In Edo APC Over Governorship Ticket / House Of Reps To Sue Akpabio Over NDDC Contract Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.