Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Book Publication Or Movie Production? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Book Publication Or Movie Production? (222 Views)

UNN Lecturer, Department React To Defamatory Publication By Sahara Reporters / Ae-funai Lecturer Emerge 2nd In National Academic Publication Competition / An Article On My First Book Publication With Lambert Academic Publishing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Book Publication Or Movie Production? by nikky5(m): 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
I just need your candid advice.

I stopped writing movie scripts for Nollywood over fifteen years ago. I went into comic writing to enhance reading habits in our young readers.

Recently, I just finished writing a very hilarious book on the Covid19 LOCKDOWN and about to publish. On a second thought, I contemplating producing this �% comedity book as a movie.

If I produce this movie, will the book still be relevant? Will anyone read the book in the future.

All my books are extremely very funny. Some private schools in Lagos are reading them.

I need an advice on this. Thanks.
Re: Book Publication Or Movie Production? by nikky5(m): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2021
I meant 100% please. It's a typo.
Re: Book Publication Or Movie Production? by onojaford(m): 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2021
Do both. There are tons of books which also have movies.

Meanwhile, can I read any of your works?
Re: Book Publication Or Movie Production? by nikky5(m): 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
onojaford:
Do both. There are tons of books which also have movies.

Meanwhile, can I read any of your works?

Sure. Do you reside in Lagos? If so you can DM me.
Re: Book Publication Or Movie Production? by rickilunnny2: 5:20pm On Sep 30, 2021
So I like reading I can say for sure. Of course, it's better to publish a book, a book for eternity. And the film is getting old, 30 years will pass and the film with your graphics will no longer be needed by anyone. The book is another matter. I am now reading https://freebooksummary.com/category/i-am-malala about the girl's biography. And I am very passionate about this book. Books are eternity.
Re: Book Publication Or Movie Production? by WaterWalker5(m): 11:41pm On Sep 30, 2021
nikky5:
I just need your candid advice.

I stopped writing movie scripts for Nollywood over fifteen years ago. I went into comic writing to enhance reading habits in our young readers.

Recently, I just finished writing a very hilarious book on the Covid19 LOCKDOWN and about to publish. On a second thought, I contemplating producing this �% comedity book as a movie.

If I produce this movie, will the book still be relevant? Will anyone read the book in the future.

All my books are extremely very funny. Some private schools in Lagos are reading them.

I need an advice on this. Thanks.
I think you should publish the book first before producing the movie. Reason is you'll be able to satisfy those who love to watch a book adaptation movie and those who prefer to read the book. In my case, I prefer the books to their movie adaptation because the books are more detailed. I read the "Hunger Games" books before the. release of the 3rd and 4th part.
I also read ",the Maze runner" book rather than watch the movie. I almost " Game of Thrones" book series but was stalled by he volume and writing style.
I also read "Divergent" and two other books from the same series before they were released.
That said I also wanna read some of your works.

(1) (Reply)

Is My Department Wanting To Reap Me Off??? / What Online Dictionary Do You Use? / Makinde’s Aide Wades Into Alleged Extortion Of Nursing Students In LAUTECH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.