Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Misconceptions About Islam - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Misconceptions About Islam (725 Views)

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. / WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM / 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misconceptions About Islam by haekymbahd(m): 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2021
sagenaija:

Jesus answers here:
But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you.
John 14:26 ASV
Jesus answers here:
But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you.

According to the verse you posted did it show you that the holyspirit and comforter are the same entity why are you misinterpreting the verse.

The holyspirit had been in existence before, during and after Jesus came to earth.

Who is the comforter?

Comforter was prophet Muhammad

Spirit of truth was Angel Gabriel

Allah SWT said:

"And indeed, the Qur'an is the revelation of the Lord of the worlds."
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 192)

"The Trustworthy Spirit has brought it down"
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 193)

"Upon your heart, [O Muhammad] - that you may be of the warners -"
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 194)

"And indeed, it is [mentioned] in the scriptures of former peoples."
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 196)
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by zaxbash: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2021
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
You guys are like the element that reacts and starts dashing around on water.

You asked about the Holy Spirit and I showed you Jesus' statement. You didn't even acknowledge that before now dashing off to Deuteronomy. If you read Acts 3 you'll see that Jesus is the prophet like Moses talked about in Deuteronomy.

You're a little bit mixed up. Settle down and CAREFULLY look at what you are presented with rather than jump from one thing to another.

I've shown you that your books do not agree with what you want us to believe your religion stands for. Are you advocating a reformation of Islam?
please stop quoting me... Being literate is beyond ability to read and write being rational is also part of it ...

2 Likes

Re: Misconceptions About Islam by Workch: 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2021
whats Your take on sharia laws?
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by sagenaija: 8:20pm On Oct 01, 2021
haekymbahd:
Jesus answers here:

According to the verse you posted did it show you that the holyspirit and comforter are the same entity why are you misinterpreting the verse.

The holyspirit had been in existence before, during and after Jesus came to earth.

Who is the comforter?

Comforter was prophet Muhammad

Spirit of truth was Angel Gabriel

Allah SWT said:

"And indeed, the Qur'an is the revelation of the Lord of the worlds."
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 192)

"The Trustworthy Spirit has brought it down"
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 193)

"Upon your heart, [O Muhammad] - that you may be of the warners -"
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 194)

"And indeed, it is [mentioned] in the scriptures of former peoples."
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 196)

You are now using the Koran to interpret the Bible.

Let's have a go at it the other way round.

The Koran being "the revelation of the Lord of the worlds" means it came from who the Bible describes as "the God of this world" whose other name is Satan or the Devil.

"The Trustworthy Spirit" is actually Satan himself who masquerades as an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14 NIV
He does this in order to appear to be the trustworthy Spirit.

So, you can see that he lied to Mohamed that he is a warner and that anything was in previous Scriptures.
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by sagenaija: 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2021
zaxbash:
please stop quoting me... Being literate is beyond ability to read and write being rational is also part of it ...
A definition of rational:
having or exercising reason, sound judgment, or good sense: a calm and rational negotiator. being in or characterized by full possession of one's reason; sane; lucid.
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by zaxbash: 8:50pm On Oct 01, 2021
sagenaija:

A definition of rational:
having or exercising reason, sound judgment, or good sense: a calm and rational negotiator. being in or characterized by full possession of one's reason; sane; lucid.
see go and read Qur'an and bible in the light of science
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by haekymbahd(m): 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2021
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
You are now using the Koran to interpret the Bible.

Let's have a go at it the other way round.

The Koran being "the revelation of the Lord of the worlds" means it came from who the Bible describes as "the God of this world" whose other name is Satan or the Devil.

"The Trustworthy Spirit" is actually Satan himself who masquerades as an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14 NIV
He does this in order to appear to be the trustworthy Spirit.

So, you can see that he lied to Mohamed that he is a warner and that anything was in previous Scriptures.
Are you saying the spirit of truth which Jesus himself said will come is Satan and the comforter a false prophet..

The spirit which came on the day of Pentecost is satanic because the holyspirit had already been in existence even before and during the time of Jesus on earth whereas Jesus said if he doesn't leave the comforter won't come...
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by sagenaija: 11:32pm On Oct 01, 2021
haekymbahd:
Are you saying the spirit of truth which Jesus himself said will come is Satan and the comforter a false prophet..

The spirit which came on the day of Pentecost is satanic because the holyspirit had already been in existence even before and during the time of Jesus on earth whereas Jesus said if he doesn't leave the comforter won't come...
You asked questions and answered them.
Then you made other postulations.
I was helping you to better understand what you posted.
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by sagenaija: 11:34pm On Oct 01, 2021
zaxbash:
see go and read Qur'an and bible in the light of science
Were the things you first posted earlier "in the light of science"?
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by haekymbahd(m): 3:21am On Oct 02, 2021
sagenaija:

You asked questions and answered them.
Then you made other postulations.
I was helping you to better understand what you posted.
well the spirit of truth is from God himself guiding us to all truth and he didn't speak on his authority he has spoken all he heared [Quran] from Allah...

The holyspirit on the day of Pentecost is God right right there you will see your answer?
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by TenQ: 5:55am On Oct 02, 2021
zaxbash:
Please I did not create this post for the sake of abuse but rather to enlighten each other why are we behaving like this...

zaxbash:

3. Muslims don’t believe in Jesus and are not interested in him.

Muslims highly respect Jesus as a prophet of God and value his teachings. Muslims often name their sons after Jesus, who they call Isa, although they do not understand Jesus as the son of God or understand that he died on the cross for the sins of mankind. The Qur’an, however, mentions Jesus 93 times, teaching that he preformed miracles, was born of a virgin, and will return again as Messiah. Muslims may ask you, “Why don’t Christians follow the teachings of Jesus"
What do you mean by Believing in Jesus Christ?
To Christians, it means following the teachings of Christ

Unfortunately, Muslims don know a single teaching of Christ except the one they chant about "the oneness of God" which isn't the central core of His message (there is no single Jew who doesn't believe in the oneness of God at the time of Christ).

What do you think Jesus taught About Atonement and Salvation?

zaxbash:

5. Muslims support violence and terrorism.

The vast majority of Muslims are moderate, pious people who suffer more from terrorism and violence than non-Muslims. Ninety-three percent of Muslims do not support extremist views of terrorism.

Gallup, Inc. conducted a revealing poll about Moderate vs. Extremist Views in the Muslim World.
Even though the average muslim does not support terrorism, they ride on it when the terrorists have succeeded.
Using Evil to propagate Islam has forgiveness: its just another form of Taqqiyya

zaxbash:

6. Muslims are engaged in Jihad (war) against us.
The meaning of the Arabic word jihad is struggle. It usually means a struggle of one’s soul against the self and sinful desires. Muslims refer to this inner struggle as the greater jihad. Muslims also have social campaigns to end poverty and hunger which they also call jihad.
Jihad simply means removing the rights of non muslims for the sake of muslims.
By default, Islam and Muslims are at war with any non muslim

Hence the struggle is "justified". As a person who had been at the brute end of Islam and Muslims in terms of admission and employment can speak well for the Islamic Jihad.

zaxbash:

8. Islam oppresses women.
Most of the oppression of women by Islam and Muslims that is highly publicized is usually due to local customs and traditions. Muslim women have been presidents and prime ministers. Violence towards women and forcing them against their will is not permitted by Islam. Care for widows, orphans, and the poor is one of Islam’s strongest teachings. Unfortunately, many women are oppressed, However, this is a global issue and not just Islamic oppression. Prevalence of abuse of women is not higher among Muslims than among non-Muslims.
Islam and Muslims like to speak about the respect they have for women but we know that women loose their rights
1. To dress modestly except its in tune with sharia
2. To go out and associate except it is in tune with sharia
3. To hold leadership positions in the community except it is in line with sharia
Muslims women have rights only when SHARIA is not enforced.
9. Muslims are ignorant and don’t value education.

zaxbash:

13. Muslims are lying about Islam being peaceful.
Most Muslims are moderate, pious, nonviolent people who are trying to honor God in their lives. Muslim scholars who study the Qur’an explain Islam as a religion of peace, and most Muslims see Islam as a religion of peace as well, preferring to let others live as they wish. The media has sensationalized the views of a small percentage of violent extremists as the legitimate understanding of Islam as a community seeking global domination by force.
The above is very true.
Isn't Taqiyya lawful in Islam?

Many Muslims can be peaceful BUT Islam itself is not peaceful
zaxbash:

15. Islam is growing faster than any other religion
Through reproduction , YES!
Through conversion of an adult person, NO!
Overall, NO!
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by sagenaija: 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2021
zaxbash:

8. Islam oppresses women.

Most of the oppression of women by Islam and Muslims that is highly publicized is usually due to local customs and traditions. Muslim women have been presidents and prime ministers. Violence towards women and forcing them against their will is not permitted by Islam. Care for widows, orphans, and the poor is one of Islam’s strongest teachings. Unfortunately, many women are oppressed, However, this is a global issue and not just Islamic oppression. Prevalence of abuse of women is not higher among Muslims than among non-Muslims.
Before Islam Mohamed worked as a staff of his first wife Kadija before she took him as a husband. This shows the position women had in Arabia pre-Islam. Women could choose whom to marry.

When Islam came we have the following from the Koran:
1. Men are allowed to beat their wives
Koran 3:34
Pickthall: Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.

2. Mohamed said women lacked common sense
Sahih Muslim 79a; (Sunnah.com)
O womenfolk, you should give charity and ask much forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell. A wise lady among them said: Why is it, Messenger of Allah, that our folk is in bulk in Hell? Upon this the Prophet observed: You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses. I have seen none lacking in common sense and failing in religion but (at the same time) robbing the wisdom of the wise, besides you. Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense and with religion? He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Your lack of common sense (can be well judged from the fact) that the evidence of two women is equal to one man, that is a proof of the lack of common sense, and you spend some nights (and days) in which you do not offer prayer and in the month of Ramadan (during the days) you do not observe fast, that is a failing in religion.

3. Mohamed offered little hope to women for the afterlife.
Sahih al-Bukhari 1052b
I also saw the Hell-fire and I had never seen such a horrible sight. I saw that most of the inhabitants were women." The people asked, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! Why is it so?" The Prophet (ﷺ) replied, "Because of their ungratefulness." It was asked whether they are ungrateful to Allah. The Prophet said, "They are ungrateful to their companions of life (husbands) and ungrateful to good deeds. If you are benevolent to one of them throughout the life and if she sees anything (undesirable) in you, she will say, 'I have never had any good from you.' "
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by zaxbash: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2021
sagenaija:

Before Islam Mohamed worked as a staff of his first wife Kadija before she took him as a husband. This shows the position women had in Arabia pre-Islam. Women could choose whom to marry.

When Islam came we have the following from the Koran:
1. Men are allowed to beat their wives
Koran 3:34
Pickthall: Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.

2. Mohamed said women lacked common sense
Sahih Muslim 79a; (Sunnah.com)
O womenfolk, you should give charity and ask much forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell. A wise lady among them said: Why is it, Messenger of Allah, that our folk is in bulk in Hell? Upon this the Prophet observed: You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses. I have seen none lacking in common sense and failing in religion but (at the same time) robbing the wisdom of the wise, besides you. Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense and with religion? He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Your lack of common sense (can be well judged from the fact) that the evidence of two women is equal to one man, that is a proof of the lack of common sense, and you spend some nights (and days) in which you do not offer prayer and in the month of Ramadan (during the days) you do not observe fast, that is a failing in religion.

3. Mohamed offered little hope to women for the afterlife.
Sahih al-Bukhari 1052b
I also saw the Hell-fire and I had never seen such a horrible sight. I saw that most of the inhabitants were women." The people asked, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! Why is it so?" The Prophet (ﷺ) replied, "Because of their ungratefulness." It was asked whether they are ungrateful to Allah. The Prophet said, "They are ungrateful to their companions of life (husbands) and ungrateful to good deeds. If you are benevolent to one of them throughout the life and if she sees anything (undesirable) in you, she will say, 'I have never had any good from you.' "
please stop quoting me ...I beg U in the name of the creator of Jesus
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by sagenaija: 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2021
zaxbash:
please stop quoting me ...I beg U in the name of the creator of Jesus
Lol!
How can you come to a public square to talk and then ask someone not to respond to what you say?
Does that sound RATIONAL to you?

Why come to the public in the first place?
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by zaxbash: 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2021
sagenaija:

Lol!
How can you come to a public square to talk and then ask someone not to respond to what you say?
Does that sound RATIONAL to you?

Why come to the public in the first place?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exposing Nigeria Fake Pastors And Prophets / Does The Intelligence Of The Atheist Exist? / A Cry For This A Cry For All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.