Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Dry or wet fast?... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dry or wet fast?... (962 Views)

Wet Dreams: A Thorn In My Flesh Going To Two Decades / How A Witch Programmed Her Dog To Cause Me Wet Dreams In Those Days / Lord's Chosen Members In Warri Sit On Wet Ground During Publicity . Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dry or wet fast?... by DSC7: 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2021
Closed mouth by 9pm.. lipsrsealed.

No brush No food till 12pm next day...

Took fruits to break fast by 12pm...

By 6pm took soft drink and biscuits...

That is 15hrs daily without water and food...

Did if for 3days...Asin 3 straight days without solid food...

Normally it's Dry fasting i intend doing....

Did i get it right?....
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by duro4chang(m): 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2021
DSC7:

Did if for 3days...Asin 3 straight days without solid food....

Did i get it right?....
In Christianity and islam you have not fasted at all but before God it might be.
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by DSC7: 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2021
duro4chang:
In Christianity and islam you have not fasted at all but before God it might be.

So how is fasting done?...

What's the time interval?...
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2021
DSC7:

Did i get it right?....
All this is meaningless where the God of the Bible is concerned. The only kind of fasting he commanded of us all is the fasting written of in Isaiah 58 and it has absolutely nothing to do with starving yourself of food and water or even sex... instead it is meant as a day spent dong good works which He explained in that chapter for those who will hear Him. undecided
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by DSC7: 7:22pm On Oct 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
All this is meaningless where the God of the Bible is concerned. The only kind of fasting he commanded of us all is the fasting written of in Isaiah 58 and it has absolutely nothing to do with starving yourself of food and water or even sex... instead it is meant as a day spent dong good works which He explained in that chapter for those who will hear Him. undecided

You mean as a Christian fasting is not necessary before God can answer our prayers?....
Isaiah 58:1-14 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.
Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.
Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.
Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?
Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kjvstudybible.bible.kjv.bibleverses.bibleoffline

1 Like

Re: Dry or wet fast?... by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Oct 01, 2021
DSC7:

You mean as a Christian fasting is not necessary before God can answer our prayers?....
God never said , neither did Jesus Christ, that your prayers will be answered only after you fast. Men told you that lie. undecided

Right there in Isaiah 58, God explains that it is when you do things according to that which He has commanded, that He will answer you and since He never commanded. Jesus Christ also made it clear that it is when we obey His commandments, that the promises of God are made available to us. undecided

Obedience is the key to receiving from God, not fasting(starvation diets) and certainly not prayer itself. undecided
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by DSC7: 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God never said , neither did Jesus Christ, that your prayers will be answered only after you fast. Men told you that lie. undecided

Right there in Isaiah 58, God explains that it is when you do things according to that which He has commanded, that He will answer you and since He never commanded. Jesus Christ also made it clear that it is when we obey His commandments, that the promises of God are made available to us. undecided

Obedience is the key to receiving from God, not fasting(starvation diets) and certainly not prayer itself. undecided

Hmmmmm....

Deep.....

Learnt something new today...
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2021
DSC7:

Hmmmmm....
Deep.....
Obey Jesus Christ- not Paul, or Peter or moses, or Daniel..... and you will see that all He said is indeed True. undecided
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by DSC7: 8:45pm On Oct 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Obey Jesus Christ- not Paul, or Peter or moses, or Daniel..... and you will see that all He said is indeed True. undecided

But there are some mountains(Demons) that Jesus said can never be removed except by Fasting and Prayer....

This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting." Mark 9:29 (KJV)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dry or wet fast?... by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:56pm On Oct 01, 2021
DSC7:

Hmmmmm....

Deep.....

My guy do not be deceived. You didn't learn anything true but a lie from an atheist who doesn't care about or keep the teachings of Jesus, but only uses it as disguise his falsehood.

This is what Jesus Himself says about the importance of fasting:

"This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting." Mark 9:29 (KJV)

I hope you can now clearly see how false the idea you got from someone who claims to be obeying Jesus, that Jesus never said your prayers would not be answered if you fast is, because this is what Jesus Himself said, that you can't get some prayers answered without fasting.

So my guy fast, don't let the workers of iniquity who don't have the interest of God at heart, deceive you.

What you did is fasting because you deprived yourself of food for sometime, when you usually ate.

Since you didn't also take water during the duration of your fast, that's dry fast. It's something but with time you'd get better. Ask God to guide you in the way He would have you fast, and also to give the grace to fast.

God bless.
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2021
DSC7:

But there are some mountains(Demons) that Jesus said can never be removed except by Fasting and Prayer....
Thank you.

You didn't even need my help.

1 Like

Re: Dry or wet fast?... by DSC7: 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
My guy do not be deceived. You didn't learn anything true but a lie from an atheist who doesn't care about or keep the teachings of Jesus, but only uses it as disguise his falsehood.

This is what Jesus Himself says about the importance of fasting:

"This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting." Mark 9:29 (KJV)

I hope you can now clearly see how false the idea you got from someone who claims to be obeying Jesus, that Jesus never said your prayers would not be answered if you fast is, because this is what Jesus Himself said, that you can't get some prayers answered without fasting.

So my guy fast, don't let the workers of iniquity who don't have the interest of God at heart, deceive you.

What you did is fasting because you deprived yourself of food for sometime, when you usually ate.

Since you didn't also take water during the duration of your fast, that's dry fast. It's something but with time you'd get better. Ask God to guide you in the way He would have you fast, and also to give the grace to fast.

God bless.

Normally it's this Verse "This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting." Mark 9:29 (KJV)" that motivated me to fast....

I got confused when someone told me that dry fasting is done 24hrs without food or water.....

Asin eat or drink water once a day till another 24hrs....

1 Like

Re: Dry or wet fast?... by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Oct 01, 2021
DSC7:
Two things to note...
A. Jesus Christ was definitely not instructing His followers to go against God's commandment as far as fasting is concerned. He didn't mean you should go on on starvation diet when fasting and prayer to cast out out demon from someone. Again, pay attention to God's only commandment to us all as far as the kind of fasting He wants from us in Isaiah 58. undecided

B. Demons can't possess anyone who belongs to Jesus Christ, so when Jesus Christ said what He said of some Demons, he meant in the cast that one of His own encountered another person who had such a demon to begin with. undecided

So if you are praying for a demon to leave your life, you are already doing everything wrong as it confirms you do not belong to Jesus Christ to begin with. undecided
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2021
DSC7:

Normally it's this Verse "This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting." Mark 9:29 (KJV)" that motivated me to fast....

I got confused when someone told me that dry fasting is done 24hrs without food or water.....

Asin eat or drink water once a day till another 24hrs....
I was also inclined to say that, but I realized that it doesn't have to get to 24hrs before it becomes that. You can do it for lesser hours as long as it happens at the period you are supposed to eat, it is fasting, and since you're not taking water, it's dry fasting.
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by DSC7: 9:13pm On Oct 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Two things to note...
A. Jesus Christ was definitely not instructing His followers to go against God's commandment as far as fasting is concerned. He didn't mean you should go on on starvation diet when fasting and prayer to cast out out demon from someone. Again, pay attention to God's only commandment to us all as far as the kind of fasting He wants from us in Isaiah 58. undecided

B. Demons can't possess anyone who belongs to Jesus Christ, so when Jesus Christ said what He said of some Demons, he meant in the cast that one of His own encountered another person who had such a demon to begin with. undecided

So if you are praying for a demon to leave your life, you are already doing everything wrong as it confirms you do not belong to Jesus Christ to begin with. undecided

So what made Jesus Christ to fast(starve his self) 40days and Night if fasting wasn't important?...

1 Like

Re: Dry or wet fast?... by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2021
DSC7:
So what made Jesus Christ to fast 40days and Night if fasting wasn't important?...
The story never said Jesus Christ planned to fast there. undecided

Instead, the story goes that Jesus Christ was led away into the wilderness where he ended up fasting for 40 days and 40 nights, much like Moses, who also never planned to fast when he went up the mountain of God but ended up doing so as a result of being there that long with God. undecided
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by DSC7: 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The story never said Jesus Christ planned to fast there. undecided

Instead, the story goes that Jesus Christ was led away into the wilderness where he ended up fasting for 40 days and 40 nights, much like Moses, who also never planned to fast when he went up the mountain of God but ended up doing so as a result of being there that long with God. undecided

But i believe there must be something pressing that pushed Jesus and other Biblical characters to fast...

Once everything is moving well in ones life you won't be led by the spirit to fast...
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by DSC7: 9:28pm On Oct 01, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I was also inclined to say that, but I realized that it doesn't have to get to 24hrs before it becomes that. You can do it for lesser hours as long as it happens at the period you are supposed to eat, it is fasting, and since you're not taking water, it's dry fasting.

Thanks alot brother,,, i now feel relieved.....

As time goes on i will surely improve cool

1 Like

Re: Dry or wet fast?... by Dtruthspeaker: 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2021
DSC7:

Did i get it right?....

Who were you fasting or slowing for?

If it is for God Most High, you just did a nullity,

For He never commanded a Fast or Slow or a suffering!
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2021
DSC7:
But i believe there must be something pressing that pushed Jesus and other Biblical characters to fast...
Once everything is moving well in ones life you won't be led by the spirit to fast...
Jesus Christ never fasted(starvation diet) after that event in the wilderness which was unplanned by Him. undecided

If you paid close attention to God's stipulation in Isaiah 58, you would have noticed that what God wants us to do on our days of fasting are some of the very same good works Jesus Christ went around doing while He was here on earth, works He said His followers will also do and more. undecided

So for those who belong to Jesus Christ, that fasting becomes a daily reality and so they don't fret and worry about setting aside days for fasting like the pagans do. undecided
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by DSC7: 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Who were you fasting or slowing for?

If it is for God Most High, you just did a nullity,

For He never commanded a Fast or Slow or a suffering!

Are you a Christian or Atheist....

Because i did it and i feel fulfilled......

I knew what i saw before i embarked on that long suffering... And I don't pray what i passed through for my worst enemy...

1 Like

Re: Dry or wet fast?... by DSC7: 9:36pm On Oct 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never fasted(starvation diet) after that event in the wilderness which was unplanned by Him. undecided

If you paid close attention to God's stipulation in Isaiah 58, you would have noticed that what God wants us to do on our days of fasting are some of the very same good works Jesus Christ went around doing while He was here on earth, works He said His followers will also do and more. undecided

So for those who belong to Jesus Christ, that fasting becomes a daily reality and so they don't fret and worry about setting aside days for fasting like the pagans do. undecided

Pagans also fast? shocked
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by Dtruthspeaker: 9:37pm On Oct 01, 2021
DSC7:

Yes! God hears Christians before they pray.

But for others they need to comply with the requirements of becoming a Christian.
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by Dtruthspeaker: 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2021
DSC7:

Are you a Christian or Atheist....

Because i did it and i feel fulfilled......

Now it sounds like you are saying you did it for you.

Have you asked what Fasting is really about?
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2021
DSC7:
Pagans also fast? shocked
Yes. This culture of fasting, starvation diets, dry and wet included, came from pagan roots.. undecided
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by DSC7: 6:53am On Oct 02, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

@boldened undecided

So what is Fasting really about?...
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by DSC7: 6:58am On Oct 02, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Here to learn.....

What is fasting really about?....
Re: Dry or wet fast?... by MightySparrow: 7:04am On Oct 02, 2021
DSC7:

Hmmmmm....

Deep.....

Don't mind kobojunkie.
Many a lazy person plays down the essence and efficacy of fasting that accompany prayers.

Throughout the Bible people fast, even Jesus our example.

In the Isaiah 58 qouted, God said, ' is this the kind of fast I command........( paraphrased)

Her contributions don't have head or tail most times.

If you want to fast, go fasting without any false teachers discouraging you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Polygamy In Christianity- (one Flesh) / Biblical Miracles Are Fraud. / Is It Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.