Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,151 members, 7,957,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:30 AM

Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. (1283 Views)

Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. by Joagbaje(m): 4:12pm On May 29, 2011
1 Peter 4:3-4 MSG
You’ve already put in your time in that God-ignorant way of life, partying night after night, a drunken and profligate life. Now it’s time to be done with it for good. Of course, your old friends don’t understand why you don’t join in with the old gang anymore. But you don’t have to give an account to them
().

Someone once asked me if it’s wrong for a Christian to go to night clubs. My response was that the nightclubs don’t promote godly activities; therefore it’s not a place for Christians. The activities in such places are to say the least, carnal; they don’t add any spiritual value to you as a Christian, so don’t patronize such.

In 1 John 2:15, the Bible says "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him…” This is a clear indication for us to abstain from unwholesome and unedifying assemblies. The night clubs and pubs promote ungodly activities and are therefore not the right place for a Christian to hang out. The Bible says in Psalm 1:1, “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

You’re blessed for refraining or abstaining from such ungodly gatherings where impious acts of darkness are promoted and aggrandized.

The pubs, taverns, dance floors, and the songs in such places are of the world, and 2 Corinthians 6:14-15 says, “Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

Notice in the verses above that the Church is called “righteousness,” and the world is called “unrighteousness.” We’re also called “light” and the world is called “darkness.” So, there’s no action that glorifies Jesus – who is the Light of the world in such places as night clubs or strip joints. Therefore, you shouldn’t go to such places except for evangelical outreaches, if led by the Spirit. Some believers have actually taken advantage of such gatherings to propagate the Gospel and used such venues for outreaches where many souls were won to Christ; that’s commendable!

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for showing me in your Word today the importance of abstaining from unholy assemblies! I am about your number one business only, which is to bring souls out of darkness into your marvelous light, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further
Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Re: Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. by KunleOshob(m): 4:23pm On May 29, 2011
In that case christians should abstain from unholy places like christ embassy were a poisoned gospel is being preached to rob believers of their money and salvation.
Re: Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. by Joagbaje(m): 4:33pm On May 29, 2011
^^^
what is the poisoned gospel ? Giving of money?
Re: Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:40pm On May 29, 2011
KunleOshob:

In that case christians should abstain from unholy places like christ embassy were a poisoned gospel is being preached to rob believers of their money and salvation.

I don't know about poisoned gospel grin but they sure have a bevy of fresh chicks, too bad i am married angry
Re: Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. by KunleOshob(m): 5:01pm On May 29, 2011
@ uncle joe

You know better than I do that what you preach in christ embassy is a twisted and poisoned version of the gospel whose sole aim is to glorify and enrich oyaks whilst just masquerading with the name of Jesus whom you claim to be your equal anyway.
Re: Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. by Joagbaje(m): 5:05pm On May 29, 2011
We teach the whole counsel of God. What is the poison? . Don't you watch the programmed on tv? . The teachings are based on the eternal life of christ in us. I don't think that should be hard to understand except you look at it with bias.
Re: Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. by KunleOshob(m): 5:09pm On May 29, 2011
I have stopped watching Oyaks programmes on TV cause I find them so nauseating and disgusting. The crook's capacity to twist scriptures is truely phenomenal hence I avoid watching his charades less I get offended.
Re: Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. by Tonyet1(m): 6:05pm On May 29, 2011
KunleOshob:

I have stopped watching Oyaks programmes on TV cause I find them so nauseating and disgusting. The crook's capacity to twist scriptures is truely phenomenal hence I avoid watching his charades less I get offended.

Like we' all should clap our hands because the psycho stopped watching a program that has touched lives across the country positively in a way or more.!  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. by 5solas(m): 8:17pm On May 29, 2011
@OP

Great post.
Re: Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 29, 2011
KunleOshob:

Not just for the sake of it, but I applaud you for rejecting the poison that these so called men of God are spreading world wide.

"In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping." - 2 Peter 2:3
Re: Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. by Azibalua(f): 8:24pm On May 29, 2011
KunleOshob:

Give some examples of the poison and do not forget the antidote.
Re: Abstain From Unholy Joints - Pastor Chris. by Tonyet1(m): 10:44am On May 30, 2011
frosbel:

Not just for the sake of it, but I applaud you for rejecting the poison that these so called men of God are spreading world wide.

"In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping." - 2 Peter 2:3

@frosbel - the - hypocrite,

Now i see why you used your filthy hands to type the nonsense you did of me calling someone a fool even when he did so before i called him. I didnt know you both were partners in crime.

You know what? maybe I should say anyone who supports a fool should be called a FOOLISH FOOL! nonsense!

(1) (Reply)

When Nature Gets It Wrong! / "Christian Priest Says: 'Jesus (as) Told Me To Embrace Islam'"! / ‘baby Clutching Quran’ Born In Lagos Church !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.