Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,263 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) (46295 Views)

₦96 Billion Naira Fraud: Group Cautions Wike Against Judicial Rascality / ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi / Ebonyi, Three Others Get ₦24 Billion For Ranching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 12:16am On Jun 22, 2022
Peter Obi Invested N1.96 billion and the value now is N2.24 billion (Picture)

Response to “Peter Obi's $12.24 m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38 m
https://www.nairaland.com/7189779/peter-obis-12.24m-investment-breweries#114025775

I read through the article titled “Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m” and I saw a desperate attempt to find something negative on Peter Obi’s past. The writer obviously did not think through the implication of his deceptive title. Because there is no tangible thing to use again Peter, he had to exploit the outcome of fiscal policy and economic failure of Buhari’s administration to craft a title that the BMC crew will feast on. Obviously the BMC crew do not have the mind of their own and cannot think for themselves. Otherwise they would have understood the implication of the intellectual yahoo-yahoo displayed by the author of that article.

To put the record straight, N1.96 billion was invested and N2.24B (CBN) or (N3.28B) black market is the value today. There was no loss whichever way you want to look at it. it is disingenuous to report the values in dollars while you talk about Tinubu’s forced investment in Naira. ( https://technext.ng/2022/06/02/did-bola-tinubu-bring-econet-nigeria-2001/)
In fact, you have to praise Peter for investing a company that did not go bankrupt under Buhari’s administration.

Dangote, the richest man in Africa had a net worth of $7bn as at April, 2016 as against $25bn he was worth in 2014. (https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/16/aliko-dangote-and-his-slide-from-25-billion-to-7-billion/). That was an $18bn or 72% loss incurred under Buhari’s body language induced recession. Tinubu told us he single-handedly made Buhari Nigeria’s president. Even now, with Federal governments push such as selective opening of the land bother to allow him export his products, Dangote is yet recover. His current Net is still $14.2 billion.

Going by Dangote’s experience, we now know that the company lost at least 72% of its equity value. Because we do not know the profit made as at 2014, we shall work with the investment capital which was $12.24 million. Assuming there was no growth, losing 72% means $8.81 million was lost. So as at April, 2016, the value of the investment was $3.43 million. This company has without any government’s incentive grown the $3.43 million by $1.95 million to get $5.38 million. That is 36% growth in 6 years under Buhari’s hash economy. That tells you that Peter is an investor and wealth creator.

The writer of the article actually shot Buhari and Tinubu(Buhari’s Godfather) on the back because he just highlighted the damage Buhari has done to our economy.

180 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 22, 2022
If this ever hit front page make witch chop breakfast

71 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by IduNaOba: 12:40am On Jun 22, 2022
E no go reach front page.
Watch and see

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 12:58am On Jun 22, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
If this ever hit front page make witch chop breakfast
grin grin grin grin
Witch go chop breakfast oo
I go go twitter drag Seun grin cheesy grin

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by chatinent: 1:12am On Jun 22, 2022
Am I the only one not even thinking about any politician? Like no time?

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Mrshape: 1:36am On Jun 22, 2022
Front page

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by shigishege: 2:58am On Jun 22, 2022
For those cretins above me. Una nor get online platform where una fit go push una news go front page? Na by force?? At least na una fore fathers get Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

459 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by michlins(m): 2:59am On Jun 22, 2022
It's funny how some people feasted on the topic without thinking for themselves. No be Peter Obi say make Buhari destroy our local currency and make it worth little or nothing against the dollar

192 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by shigishege: 3:02am On Jun 22, 2022
michlins:
It's funny how some people feasted on the topic without thinking for themselves. No be Peter Obi say make Buhari destroy our local currency and make it worth little or nothing against the dollar
oga who ask him to dey keep money anyhow without utilising them on tangible things. Na so him mate they do?? Lagos governors for they keep development money without using them for development una for dey run come Lagos in batches today?

462 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by michlins(m): 3:11am On Jun 22, 2022
shigishege:
oga who ask him to dey keep money anyhow without utilising them on tangible things. Na so him mate they do?? Lagos governors for they keep development money without using them for development una for dey run come Lagos in batches today?
you are not a business owner if not you should have known how important it is to have an investment. Until we have an administrator who understands the need to make money for the government without depending on crude oil and taxes,we will keep searching for revenue source.

Let me tell you something about that brewery,no matter how bad Nigeria becomes, that investment will keep spinning money because we don't stop drinking alcohol. Just imagine if any state government was able to invest in MTN when they were new in this country.

Even this present government bought 20% stake in Dangote refinery even though it is yet to be completed and we don't have our own refinary as a country. So what are you talking about?

246 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by RuddyFusion(m): 3:17am On Jun 22, 2022
Good one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Advocate500: 3:26am On Jun 22, 2022
There is nothing to pinned the man with, so they won't mind blaming the failure of others on him,that is nigeria, no one thinks for himself, my problem is with soludo who is trying to shy away from been hold accountable thereby trying to lie from what is obvious.

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Flora2Sweet: 4:48am On Jun 22, 2022
Peter Obi still remains the best candidate for that position' tifunubu or whatever he's called should be in the Hospital or care home'

Imagine Dpk Now sells for 1650
Support whoever u want, ur childrens future is in ur palms

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 8:57am On Jun 22, 2022
Dear Seun,
I am one of the old members left here. 2007 set.

Send this post to front page because it deserves it.

Don't make it too obvious that you support Tinubu.

Give others same coverage or at least some. You have 2 items on this issue on frontage against Peter.

There is a counter. Post it too.

It is the norm on NL

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Seun(m): 10:05am On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
Dear Seun,
I am one the old members left here. 2007 set.

Send this post to front page because it deserves it.

Don't make it too obvious that you support Tinubu.

Give others same coverage or at least some. You have 2 items on this issue on frontage against Peter.

There is a counter. Post it too.

It is the norm on NL
Peter Obi's supporters had claimed that his investment grew in dollar value, so that justifies debunking the claim based on the dollar value. However, there is value in continuing the debate so there's no reason why we shouldn't feature this thread also. It still doesn't look like a great investment to me though.

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by money121(m): 10:10am On Jun 22, 2022
Ok
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by NaughtyBrainiac: 10:10am On Jun 22, 2022
Why una dey give una sef headache grin grin grin

I love the way you guys are seriously campaigning for Peter Obi on Social Media.

It will make Tinubu's presidency easier.

You guys should just ensure you don't allow PDP have too many votes in SS and SE. Help Tinubu and APC ruin PDPs chance in 2 zones that should ordinarily be PDPs stronghold.

Tinubu knows how to deliver Southwest

Northern APC Governors know how to pull the numbers needed in the North for Tinubu.

And the Election is over!

God bless me and You.

God bless Asiwaju the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by iCauseTrouble: 10:10am On Jun 22, 2022
angry

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by EkelediliBuhari: 10:10am On Jun 22, 2022
Let me lay out a similar scenario;

Dangote was worth $20bn in 2013 but now worth $14bn in 2022. However, his naira investment have grown astronomically;

$20bn @ 155 in 2012 = N3.1tn
$14bn @ 419 in 2022 = N5.8tn

That's a growth of over 87% in 10 years.

Tinubu on the other hand invested in Econet privately.

For TINUBU, Note the fact that he abused his power by using his VETO power as governor to invest state funds in a business and selling it One year down the line in a shady deal.

Does Lagos still own equity shares in econet? Meanwhile where is Econet today??
Econnet > Zain > Etisalat > Airtel . This is one company in 16 years (change of ownership every 4 years, i call it laundering of ownership... Meanwhile MTN and GLO still stand strong.

As a state, you can not just dump shares because you are a lead investor and should be able to hold shares through tough times, this will encourage other shareholders.

Read the article below, Tinubu as Governor facilitated the purchase in 2008 bu Lagos state government. However, in 2009 LASG sold all its shares via an unknown broker - African Development Fund Inc. (ADFI) and to an undisclosed buyer. Till today no trace or update on it. Your guess is as good as mine.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/09/my-position-on-econet-shares/

Our future is in our hands tho

30 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by atobs4real(m): 10:11am On Jun 22, 2022
NICE ONE FROM THE DEVELOPER.
KEEP IT UP

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Osatarri: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2022
I am very OBIDIENT

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:11am On Jun 22, 2022
Yes
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Afamed: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2022
Obi in the video interview, he said he invested over $20m and the $20m worth over $100m. I really don't know why these idiots love to defend this Pandora thief at every giving opportunity.

My take:
1) Obi claim of over $20m investment: False.
Evidence shows he invested $12.24 thereabouts
2) Obi claims the current worth is $100m now
Evidence shows the current value is $5.38

Conclusion: Obi is a serial habitual liar.
Who tries at every time to impress people with fake information/ data

Watch the video below where Obi claimed he invested $20m instead of $12.24m. Where the Pandora thief also claimed the value now is $100m but record showed it's $5.38
I really don't know why these Pandora fraud wants to force the lies on others

https://www.facebook.com/100012374645375/posts/pfbid0hZ2Re9MAn2fJLBY2WWREqVqwDcXYfrvqtj58n4vPSmha36gP1im3tZ2irb5QBnT2l/?sfnsn=scwspwa

417 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Treasure17(m): 10:11am On Jun 22, 2022
We are OBEDIENT. Stake your savings on Peter Obi.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by EshjayLee(m): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2022
wink Use
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Booringap: 10:12am On Jun 22, 2022
Back in 2015, You voted an incompetent dunce a.k.a Mannequin at 21 years old, by 2023 you will be 28 years old with no meaningful progress in your life. Continue.

If you like vote old cargos like the frog eyed drug baron from Iragbiji i.e Mannequin 2.0 with no vision, or A-Thief-ku you will regret it.

Your 30s will be wasted and at 40 you will have nothing to show for it.

After 24 years of failed government and retrogression, Only two set of people will vote for either APC or PDP as president come 2023
1. Those who are directly affiliated to the candidates or have something to gain if they win(this is understandable)
2. Mentally sick individuals

I don't care who you vote for as long as those two fantastically corrupt useless sick old bastards doesn't clinch it

Don't waste your life, don't waste your Children's future... Be warned.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by RichDad1(m): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2022
Investor Waya Waya cheesy cheesy cheesy
Low budget, Made in China warren buffet

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Protester At Amnesty International Turns Placard Upside Down (Photo) / AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) / Ffk's Daughter, Temi To Wed In London (pictured With Husband)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.