Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,040 members, 7,828,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? (1968 Views)

I've Had 170 Children And I'm Not Going To Stop - British Man / He Is Your Son, But I Am Not Going For Any DNA Test. Wife Tells Husband(video) / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Myrealself: 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2021
I took a lot of character from my dad that I don't like about myself. I have come to realize that marriage is not for me. I see the way my mum and dad acts towards each other, and I don't like it.

If it happens that I never get married, what is the implication of that for me? Although I might have a child with a woman I love, but marriage is out of it.

I need different perspective on the matter from matured people.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by chatinent: 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2021
Enjoy.
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2021
Myrealself:
If it happens that I never get married, what is the implication of that for me? Although I might have a child with a woman I love, but marriage is out of it.

The world will not end and no hole will swallow you up. undecided

Your life..your decision. By the way, if you get a woman pregnant, you might as well have married her since she is forever joined to you as a result. undecided

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2021
You want to pregnant the woman u love, but u will not marry her??

Marriage is not for everybody sha.
Okay, I don talk finish.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Gentlerespect76: 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2021
Though getting married isn't a guarantee, yet it affords you a sort of stability in life. You already know who you are; you are an incorrigible, difficult soul. Therefore, work on yourself a little, then look for a woman to get close to, with whom nothing about you is hidden. If that woman is ready to tolerate you, that's compatibility. Marry her.

You see bro, you go regret tire if you had opportunity to make hay while the sun burned brightly and failed.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Snitch24(m): 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2021
Myrealself:
I took a lot of character from my dad that I don't like about myself. I have come to realize that marriage is not for me. I see the way my mum and dad acts towards each other, and I don't like it.

Nothing bro
Just that you will live long and plenty peace of mind

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Solofresh2: 10:21pm On Oct 01, 2021
Myrealself:

The fact that your parents marriage is not successful does not mean yours will not be successful
If you decide not to get married, the implications are: Companionship,i mean you won't have a companion.Another thing is that,it might deny you of notable positions in the future.imagine been a king without a Queen,a president without a first lady etc.
Another thing is that,it might affect your kids psychological well being, because they will also experience how things are done in the family way.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by efficiencie(m): 6:22am On Oct 02, 2021
Myrealself:

You want to love a woman and have a child with her but do not want to marry her! How old are you? 17?

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Foodqueen(f): 10:09am On Oct 02, 2021
Not really, but someday you just might wish u give it a try.

The truth is u will no longer av your friends Everytime as before. They will tell u they've got to be with their families.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by criuze(m): 10:44am On Oct 02, 2021
What will happen is that

You'll be giving us update on nairaland

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by MufasaLion: 11:07am On Oct 02, 2021
Nothing will happen to you, brother. Don't panic. Even people that got married are still not sure of what will happen when they grow old (that's even they grow old).

You can be single and have kids and still have a memorable life! Marriage doesn't guarantee good life or support at old age.

Now, focus more on your success so as to not depend on anybody for financial assistance when you grow old.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by MufasaLion: 11:10am On Oct 02, 2021
Solofresh2:
The fact that your parents marriage is not successful does not mean yours will not be successful
If you decide not to get married, the implications are: Companionship,i mean you won't have a companion.Another thing is that,it might deny you of notable positions in the future.imagine been a king without a Queen,a president without a first lady etc.
Another thing is that,it might affect your kids psychological well being, because they will also experience how things are done in the family way.

You don't need to marry anybody before they become your first lady. Your partner can be your First Lady. Marriage is not necessary.
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by MufasaLion: 11:11am On Oct 02, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
Though getting married isn't a guarantee, yet it affords you a sort of stability in life. You already know who you are; you are an incorrigible, difficult soul. Therefore, work on yourself a little, then look for a woman to get close to, with whom nothing about you is hidden. If that woman is ready to tolerate you, that's compatibility. Marry her.

You see bro, you go regret tire if you had opportunity to make hay while the sun burned brightly and failed.

What I noticed in most of you advising him to marry is that y'all are just scared of being lonely in future.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Gentlerespect76: 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2021
MufasaLion:

What I noticed in most of you advising him to marry is that y'all are just scared of being lonely in future.

What I have noticed about you from your comment is that your knowledge of life is narrow and limited. You hear ba?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Kobojunkie: 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2021
MufasaLion:

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Solofresh2: 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2021
MufasaLion:

You don't need to marry anybody before they become your first lady. Your partner can be your First Lady. Marriage is not necessary.
What partner are you talking about?
Your babymamas or who
Is like you have not been called for a position of honour before.
Expect if you want to do a contract marriage
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by MufasaLion: 3:18pm On Oct 02, 2021
Solofresh2:
Your babymamas or who

Go and sit down. The President of Argentina, Alberto Fernández is not married and his partner is the First Lady!

Don't be ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Solofresh2: 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2021
MufasaLion:

Go and sit down. The President of Argentina, Alberto Fernández is not married and his partner is the First Lady!

Don't be ignorant.
What do you mean by his partner?
You are the ignorant one here because any little thing you will start comparing.
Imagine comparing Argentina with Nigeria?
Nawa for you oo
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by MufasaLion: 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2021
Solofresh2:
What do you mean by his partner?
You are the ignorant one here because any little thing you will start comparing.
Imagine comparing Argentina with Nigeria?
Nawa for you oo

I'm not comparing countries. I'm comparing situation.

Moreover, it's not written in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that marriage is a criteria to become a president.
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Elsueno: 10:50pm On Oct 02, 2021
shocked

U just never jam correct wife material, someone dat completes ur very being(or so my friends say)
out of all of them am d only one playing d uncle....cause all of them already got married with one or two kids....Buying candies & biscuits is already part of my monthly shopping list.

I will marry too..... probably.......God willing....
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Pweetiedude(m): 6:51am On Oct 03, 2021
Solofresh2:
Your babymamas or who
Check this out

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by brownemmanuel43(m): 7:22am On Oct 03, 2021
MufasaLion:

U just nailed it my brother. Why should somebody be scared of the future when u are still battling with the present?
Back to the topic, I know that op is still a baby boy. Let me put it this way, marriage does not guarantee happiness.
U can have babies without getting married. U
U will still enjoy your life without getting married.
U will still get accompany without getting married.
Research has it that married men die quickly than single men and from my observation it is absolutely correct.
So boy op don't allow anybody to deceive u that u would be lonely at old age.
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by frozen70(f): 10:11am On Oct 03, 2021
Myrealself:

If you can convince the woman you love that you don't want marriage but you love her and wants her to ha e children for you,
Then you are good to go

But I am still wondering how you will cope on the long run with it

Getting older demands you have yours around to go errands for you
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by kay9(m): 10:28am On Oct 03, 2021
MufasaLion:

I'm not comparing countries. I'm comparing situation.

Moreover, it's not written in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that marriage is a criteria to become a president.

Bros, you should know better than to be arguing with idiots. It's a waste of time.
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by olabrinks(f): 11:08am On Oct 03, 2021
MufasaLion:

loneliness is real I work with old people. The old men that are taken care of, are those with wives. The ones without wives sit alone in their house watch tv all day and sit in the balcony watching people walk past. Children will grow up and leave you. Family members/siblings/friends will not have your Time. Your wife is the person that will be next to you on your death bed. Women have it easier than men in old age, as people are more sympathetic towards women in general. But men are left to die alone. You will not be young forever, try to remember this.
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by socialmediaman: 11:29am On Oct 03, 2021
MufasaLion:

Future loneliness is real though, plus you hardly see women who want to be in love but not get married. On the positive side though, being committed to only one person also helps one to avoid STDs from women you don’t know their sexual histories
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by GboyegaD(m): 12:19pm On Oct 03, 2021
[quote author=Myrealself post=106356081]I took a lot of character from my dad that I don't like about myself. I have come to realize that marriage is not for me. I see the way my mum and dad acts towards each other, and I don't like it.

I need different perspective on the matter from matured peoplFort worth?

Please tell her upfront that you are not going to marry her before you impregnate her.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by crackhaus: 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
Myrealself:

No implications honestly.

Besides, it's the modern way to do things now.
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 03, 2021
Parents causes a lot of damage to their children by the way they live their lives,may you heal and have a change of heart
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 04, 2021
Implications of not getting married?

Honestly, there's no implications of not getting married. Rather, it more likely to be implications from getting married either to the wrong person or birthing children you can't train or cater for.

In fact, implications are more common with getting married

Highest, the society will want to make you believe the " it's important to have someone to continue the family name" lame lines or have someone to help you in your old age but truth is, Las Las, everyone be lonely in old age. Married or not because the children are gonna leave someday to start a life of their own. Don't know if this makes any sense.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by yunqdady: 2:45am On Oct 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The world will not end and no hole will swallow you up. undecided

Your life..your decision. By the way, if you get a woman pregnant, you might as well have married her since she is forever joined to you as a result. undecided

What's with your signature?
Re: I'm Not Going To Get Married, What's The Implication For Me? by yunqdady: 2:49am On Oct 04, 2021
Beebah2000:
You want to pregnant the woman u love, but u will not marry her??

Marriage is not for everybody sha.
Okay, I don talk finish.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Fiance Is Jealous Of My Sister! / I Am Dying Silently, What Am I Suppose To Do? / Baby Uses Joystick As Plaything!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.