Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,950 members, 7,956,580 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:34 PM

Urgent! Pls What's The Difference Between LCD And Led Tvs? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Urgent! Pls What's The Difference Between LCD And Led Tvs? (387 Views)

What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? / Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? / What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent! Pls What's The Difference Between LCD And Led Tvs? by ogashman(m): 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2021
I have asked this question severally but it seems my respondents do not have any idea.

Some said the only difference is the sleek nature of led while others said it is in the picture quality. But I have met people who said the picture quality of both type if TVs re same.

What I also noticed is that led is more expensive than LCD...someone told me this is because of it's sleekness .

So I want to really know the difference between these two as I'm on the verge of buying a new TV. This will enable me make appropriate decision
Re: Urgent! Pls What's The Difference Between LCD And Led Tvs? by ekitimanalways(m): 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2021
ogashman:
I have asked this question severally but it seems my respondents do not have any idea.

Some said the only difference is the sleek nature of led while others said it is in the picture quality. But I have met people who said the picture quality of both type if TVs re same.

What I also noticed is that led is more expensive than LCD...someone told me this is because of it's sleekness .

So I want to really know the difference between these two as I'm on the verge of buying a new TV. This will enable me make appropriate decision
LED TVs are more efficient and consume less power. They can also work with low power sources and are compatible with generators and solar panels, making them 20 to 30 percent more energy-efficient than LCD TVs.
LEDs last longer with a lifespan of around 100,000 hours. On the other hand, LCDs have a shorter lifespan of 75,000 hours
LEDs have better picture quality because they have RGB colour wheels installed in them, which produce sharper and more realistic images. Moreover, light-emitting diodes have a dimming property, which allows them to display accurate colours by blocking excessive light.
LEDs are brighter and have better contrast, making them a great choice for gaming. But they’re also more expensive, so if you’re on a budget, LCDs still work just fine for gaming.
Re: Urgent! Pls What's The Difference Between LCD And Led Tvs? by ogashman(m): 10:02pm On Oct 01, 2021
ekitimanalways:

LED TVs are more efficient and consume less power. They can also work with low power sources and are compatible with generators and solar panels, making them 20 to 30 percent more energy-efficient than LCD TVs.
LEDs last longer with a lifespan of around 100,000 hours. On the other hand, LCDs have a shorter lifespan of 75,000 hours
LEDs have better picture quality because they have RGB colour wheels installed in them, which produce sharper and more realistic images. Moreover, light-emitting diodes have a dimming property, which allows them to display accurate colours by blocking excessive light.
LEDs are brighter and have better contrast, making them a great choice for gaming. But they’re also more expensive, so if you’re on a budget, LCDs still work just fine for gaming.

Very detailed info...thanks boss.

I would have loved to have a led TV but I'm on a tight budget

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Pls What's The Difference Between LCD And Led Tvs? by 2special(m): 10:22pm On Oct 01, 2021
ekitimanalways:

Thanks for the information, any way or mean of knowing the expiring date of a T.V

(1) (Reply)

Gud / Drink Display Chiler Needed / How To Make A Steady Monthly Income From Football Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.