Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Why Are Nigerians Like This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Nigerians Like This? (491 Views)

Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt? / If Earth Is Hot Like This, How Will Hell Be? / "Oh God, Na Like This We God Dey?" Church Poster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Like This? by sherlock229(m): 7:06am On Oct 02, 2021
This country is full of superstitious oafs, with every sentences that comes out of their mouth they suddenly become far less intelligent in my eyes, the christians, Muslims and what have you, y'all suck,this is why it would take us forever to develop this country . Religious + tribalistic + overly superstitious = Triple homicide. I swear with the way this country is going,it would remain the poverty capital of the multiverse.

We need more free thinkers ,so what say you, non religious good people lurking around in this parts, let's make a WhatsApp group for non religious people only .

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by OloshoMan: 8:53am On Oct 02, 2021
Nigeria is truly finished

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Kobojunkie: 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2021
sherlock229:
We need more free thinkers ,so what say you, non religious good people lurking around in this parts, let's make a WhatsApp group for non religious people only .
Why? What for? undecided

If the problem is that the irreligious sit comfortably in their cage, refusing to openly challenge popular narrative for fear of reprisal, what would, how can entering this cage help? undecided

Nigeria is the way it is because the so-called freethinkers are not invested. Like the religious, they are just as selfish and self-serving. So get off your highhorse and start speaking out against the idiocy. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by sherlock229(m): 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why? What for? undecided

If the problem is that the irreligious sit comfortably in their cage, refusing to openly challenge popular narrative for fear of reprisal, what would, how can entering this cage help? undecided

Nigeria is the way it is because the so-called freethinkers are not invested. Like the religious, they are just as selfish and self-serving. So get off your highhorse and start speaking out against the idiocy. undecided

They were always there, you didn't just look for them, in a country of 200 million religion fanatics,you think it's easy to out- yourselves when this people will consider you unpure for not sharing the same views, we have to have our own group like it's done in other countries ,check Reddit for example they're groups for agnostics, atheism,ex-muslims etc.. so when others question religion they know where to go and not feel alone.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2021
sherlock229:
They were always there, you didn't just look for them, in a country of 200 million religion fanatics, you think it's easy to out- yourselves when this people will consider you unpure for not sharing the same views, we have to have our own group like it's done in other countries ,check Reddit for example they're groups for agnostics, atheism,ex-muslims etc.. so when others question religion they know where to go and not feel alone.
Oh, the thinkers are mostly cowards who, rather than openly dispute narratives, would rather hide away in their own cages - I see. You are concerned about the labels and less concerned about actually gaining freedom.undecided

No wonder whenever people like Soyinka, Charly Boy, Bobrisky's, Fela's and some others voiced an opinion, there was never any real followup or support to generate a move towards real thinking. undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by sherlock229(m): 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Oh, the thinkers are mostly cowards who, rather than openly dispute narratives, would rather hide away in their own cages - I see. You are concerned about the labels and less concerned about actually gaining freedom.undecided

No wonder whenever people like Soyinka, Charly Boy, Bobrisky's, Fela's and some others voiced an opinion, there was never any real followup or support to generate a move towards real thinking. undecided

I disagree because I've seen handful of people who openly addresses this things, there's even a Facebook page with this topic . Bobrisky ,Charly Boy or whatever those one's are no good role model ,no one takes them seriously
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2021
sherlock229:

I disagree because I've seen handful of people who openly addresses this things, there's even a Facebook page with this topic . Bobrisky ,Charly Boy or whatever those one's are no good role model ,no one takes them seriously
Facebook, Reddit, Nairaland etc., are cages where Nigeria is concerned. undecided

And if role models are what you are looking for, then you are no different from the religious Zombies out there. Freethinkers don't attach themselves to personalities hence the word 'free' in freethinker. undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by sherlock229(m): 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Facebook, Reddit, Nairaland etc., are cages where Nigeria is concerned. undecided

And if role models are what you are looking for, then you are no different from the religious Zombies out there. Freethinkers don't attach themselves to personalities hence the word 'free' in freethinker. undecided

You're a pain in the ass, maybe my idea of free thinking is different from yours, everybody is open for criticism, it's strictly atheist, agnostic topic here ,nothing politics about it
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2021
sherlock229:
You're a pain in the ass, maybe my idea of free thinking is different from yours, everybody is open for criticism, it's strictly atheist, agnostic topic here ,nothing politics about it
There's one definition for the word for freethinker. undecided

If you are looking to gather people in a cage of your own like the religious do, then condemn them as if you do things differently from them. undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by kingxsamz(m): 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2021
Lol, I remember the other day, a dead body was found in a cemetery. The person was killed the previous night, and people said it was lightening that killed him because he wanted to harvest and steal one of the bodies in one of the graves there. Knowing the fact that Nigerians are stup!dly superstitious and the fact that no autopsy would be carried out on the dead body, the so called "lightening killed him" narrative will easily fly and those who killed that person won't be brought to justice. Religious and superstitious beliefs are one of the things that holds a society back. Remember when soldiers arrested cats because they thought Igboho turned into one? The country is finished.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Dliquidmetal(m): 11:28pm On Oct 02, 2021
kingxsamz:
Lol, I...........
everyday for naija na circus show,very gullible lots. If you have seen the light then you go pity this people,they cry all day for the state of their nation but they ain't ready to change how they view life and how they react to situations grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Bacteriologist(m): 8:31am On Oct 03, 2021
Here's a group for skeptics skeptics and those who are doubtng their beliefs. New members are always welcome.

http://tinyy.cc/SkepticGeneeationOnWhatsA

Remove the extra 'y' in 'tiny' for the link to work properly.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by orisa37: 11:56am On Oct 03, 2021
You are advocating for a perfect Faith for NIGERIA, so it is a Religion.
Thanks.
NIGERIA is misguided by The Exclusive List of Decree 24 which is foisted on us by The many years of military interregnum.

Expunge the Exclusive List of Decree 24 and do some Decentralisation and Democratic Release of full AUTONOMY OF POLICE SECURITY, RESOURCES SECURITY AND POLITICAL SECURITY TO OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES and see the Miracle of Change for better happening.

BUHARI doesn't want to do this because he is a Military and feudal interregnum himself

And some Espionage to some FOREIGN COUNTRIES and The OIC.

FULANI HERDSMEN ARE TERRORISTS AND BUHARI IS BEHIND THEM-BY CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR-CNN

FROM ORUNTO27.

(1) (Reply)

10,000 Youth Walk For Showers / Richest Churches & Pastors In The World / Regular "Detox" Is Very Important After Every Sojourn On This Forum.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.