Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,341 members, 7,957,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

What Has Nairaland Forum Become This Day? Abuse Or Intelligent Parlance? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Has Nairaland Forum Become This Day? Abuse Or Intelligent Parlance? (673 Views)

Don't Open If You Are Not Smart Or Intelligent / What Has Nairaland Taught You? / Has Nairaland Impacted Your Life In Any Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Nairaland Forum Become This Day? Abuse Or Intelligent Parlance? by Omo0ba(m): 7:51pm On May 29, 2011
I have been an ardent visitor to Nairaland forum since 2007. I was introduced to the website by my American friend from Texarkana (US), who has great interest in events or happenings in Nigeria and of opinion that Nairaland is a place to get first hand information. Way back then, what arouse my interest was the educative, constructive and pool of intelligent post by the Nairalanders but this day my observation from most members post is Nairaland has become platform for ethnicity, religion dichotomies, where abusive languages are freely used without dint of shame and restraints. As Nigerians we are the "Big Book" that the world out there read loud about Nigeria and her citizenry. Charity begins at home says of the grand adage. It is a privilege that Nairaland platform is available to us all as a gateway to voice out our independent opinion to the world at large. The Big Brother eyes looking at us will truly see us as a people of great decorum and sense of maturity which we all are. I believe this platform is not a field of contest or bout ground. I hope the rules of posting threads are yet violated! "Nothing is right or not wrong it all about opinion that makes the difference" Am happy to join this Army of intellectuals (The Nairalanders).
Re: What Has Nairaland Forum Become This Day? Abuse Or Intelligent Parlance? by iice(f): 2:06pm On May 30, 2011
Lool @ great decorum and maturity.
Anyway. . .its the way things are now.
Re: What Has Nairaland Forum Become This Day? Abuse Or Intelligent Parlance? by Seun(m): 2:26pm On May 30, 2011
@iice, it doesn't have to be that way, you know, unless you moderators prefer it that way.
Re: What Has Nairaland Forum Become This Day? Abuse Or Intelligent Parlance? by Omo0ba(m): 3:50am On May 31, 2011
[Lool @ great decorum and maturity.
Anyway. . .its the way things are now.]

Change is the only constant and inevitable in life, but i think we should change for good if not for best in all we do. This is true growth!
Re: What Has Nairaland Forum Become This Day? Abuse Or Intelligent Parlance? by maclatunji: 10:22am On Jun 01, 2011
@topic, it is the current Nigerian mentality that is reflected here (virtually everybody wants to be a star) and some people have achieved popularity by being basically rude and crude. So the newcomers join in the same shall we say "popular culture". At the moment it is a 'take-it or leave-it' scenario with Nairaland.
Re: What Has Nairaland Forum Become This Day? Abuse Or Intelligent Parlance? by Omo0ba(m): 3:06am On Jun 02, 2011
@ maclatunji
[ it is the current Nigerian mentality that is reflected here (virtually everybody wants to be a star) and some people have achieved popularity by being basically rude and crude. So the newcomers join in the same shall we say "popular culture". At the moment it is a 'take-it or leave-it' scenario with Nairaland.]

So sad at this age when globalization advancement in all sphere is becoming second to nature!!!

(1) (Reply)

Soap Manufacturing Consultant / Bricks House / Need Help Getting Honda Civic Radio Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.