Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,316 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Human Resource Professionals: - Career (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Resource Professionals: (332376 Views)

How Much Do Human Resource Professionals With A Masters Degree Earn? / Human Resource Management In Canada / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Stronger99: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2012
CIPMN is a nice certificate to have only if u can scale thru d hurdle of dat wicked operations research. I knw peeps who have written OR countless times.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by fummy23: 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2012
Thanks@yemmight would drop my cv
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Chuksab: 11:02am On Sep 13, 2012
Helo house. Am planing to write the feb diet exam nxt yaer but want to register for it by october ending. Hope is not too late?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by skiddodo: 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
Hello yemmight and all seasoned professionals on this forum, am currently working as an HR generalist but needs mentoring, i would appreciate all the help i can get to make me better and productive in my department. Thank you.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by fummy23: 10:14am On Sep 15, 2012
Pls @yemmight been to the 3 firms u wrote for me and they said they are not recruiting trainees for now
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Tek2fame: 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2012
Wow i've really been enlighten. Well i'm a graduate of statistics/economics, just done with NYSC and would love 2 pursue a career in HR. I would like 2 know
1. If my discipline would or wouldn't be a barrier.
2. What are my chances as i graduated with a 2.2. And what vital step should be taken 2 actualise this passion.
Would welcome ur kind and elderly advices . Thanks.
Wow i've really been enlighten. Well i'm a graduate of statistics/economics, just done with NYSC and would love 2 pursue a career in HR. I would like 2 know
2. What are my chances as i graduated with a 2.2. And what vital step should be taken 2 actualise this passion.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2012
Chuksab: Helo house. Am planing to write the feb diet exam nxt yaer but want to register for it by october ending. Hope is not too late?

October is not late. You can still register in February.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Tek2fame: 10:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
Please could someone, anybody in the house help me out. I need this advice. Please please.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ineedhelpfast: 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
kiss
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by supersta: 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
some times is very good to read through the lines of your mind very well before carrying what its telling you .cus time wasted in life cannot be refunded .But never the less it is never too late in life.
.so be wise when you ake some decisions .
all the way from http://www.advertbuk..com
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 12:08pm On Sep 20, 2012
Tek2fame: Wow i've really been enlighten. Well i'm a graduate of statistics/economics, just done with NYSC and would love 2 pursue a career in HR. I would like 2 know

Your educational background will not have any barrier in choosing HR as your career. With your stat/eco you could start with CIPM and sit for the exams. Try also to attend lectures before sitting for the exams. Once you have a stage passed, update your CV and indicate that you are a member, CIPM. Some companies will be looking for a fresh HR they could groom but with CIPM background, your chances of securing a job will then be brighter. All the best.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Tek2fame: 9:22am On Sep 24, 2012
@yemmight, thanks alot, i appreciate.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 24, 2012
yemmight:

Your educational background will not have any barrier in choosing HR as your career. With your stat/eco you could start with CIPM and sit for the exams. Try also to attend lectures before sitting for the exams. Once you have a stage passed, update your CV and indicate that you are a member, CIPM. Some companies will be looking for a fresh HR they could groom but with CIPM background, your chances of securing a job will then be brighter. All the best.

Maybe u mean student member. Don't give d employer false information. It must always be indicated STUDENT member.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Tek2fame: 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2012
@Aqva, now you confusing me. What is it really, a CIPM member or student member. I need a clear direction. Thank you very much.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by micklplus(m): 7:26am On Sep 25, 2012
Very wonderful thread! Keep it up guys.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by micklplus(m): 1:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
Yemmight please, check your mail.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 11:25am On Sep 27, 2012
micklplus: Yemmight please, check your mail.

Got it. Will work on it today.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by toosh: 1:26pm On Sep 28, 2012
Please HR practitioners in the house, can anyone help me on how to calculate overtime. I also need a format on payroll urgently. Thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ademutiu: 7:56am On Sep 29, 2012
toosh: Please HR practitioners in the house, can anyone help me on how to calculate overtime. I also need a format on payroll urgently. Thanks

i also need to crack these two issues.Should u get anything on them,pls do help 4ward to dayoadetokun@gmail.com
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by naanmin(f): 8:58pm On Sep 30, 2012

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for the opportunity to meet with you for the
purpose of assessing your qualifications for our Graduate
Trainee Program.
While we were impressed with your educational background
and achievements, we have concluded that from the
assessment, we cannot offer you employment with our
organization at this time.
You have our best wishes for success in locating the career
opportunity you deserve.
We appreciate your interest and the time you have invested
in applying to ....... Bank.
Regards,
ResourcingUnit
Human Resources

Good evening HR professionals
Pls the above rejection mail was sent to me after a 'supposed' successful interview. Others got rejection mails on the day of the interview. When i didnt get any feedback(rejection mail/otherwise) after 2wks, i called the HR to inquire about the status of my application and he said i was successful. Less than 2mnths later, i got the above mail.
Pls, what do guys deduce went down?
Was supposed to call and make enquiries on why i got the above mail after the HRs last positive response?
P.S kindly take note of the tone of the mail....dont know if its just me, but it doesnt say anything(?) about not making their 'cut'
Thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by dupsy2: 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2012
Hi people, I would appreciate if someone can help out a sister, i have completed my cipm for over a year now but havnt been able to get the one year compulsory experience. I currently work in a bank and also have a masters degree in phychology. Pls does anyone know how i can possibly get HR experience in Lagos for a year so i can finally get inducted !!!! THANKS GUYS
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by blueblood1(m): 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
Hello friends. I must commend the intelligent discourse on this forum. Please, i need advice.

i am 34 years old, with 6 years banking experience. i still work in the operations department of a nigerian bank. i want to make a career change, and i feel Human Resource management would suit my personality and interest.

please, i need advice. is this a good move at this stage of my life? would i possibly find an HR job at middle management level, if i take the cipm exams. ill need practicable and honest opinions. thank you guys
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2012
naanmin:

Good evening HR professionals
Pls the above rejection mail was sent to me after a 'supposed' successful interview. Others got rejection mails on the day of the interview. When i didnt get any feedback(rejection mail/otherwise) after 2wks, i called the HR to inquire about the status of my application and he said i was successful. Less than 2mnths later, i got the above mail.
Pls, what do guys deduce went down?
Was supposed to call and make enquiries on why i got the above mail after the HRs last positive response?
P.S kindly take note of the tone of the mail....dont know if its just me, but it doesnt say anything(?) about not making their 'cut'
Thanks

Before any recruitment exercise is carried out, HR in conjunction with the unit or department affected would have concluded the process and necessary forms that include number of candidates, skills, experience etc and those requirements are agreed.

However, often time HR tend to be in kind of dilemma to choose between good candidate, even when one has identified that these two candidates are excellent and we only need to pick one. You might fall into this category.

We don’t always admit this but some good candidates may end up being victims as a result of impositions of other candidates. Lots of organizations do this and it’s really challenges for HR people except for very understanding Executives that will never involve in recruitment.

Other thing that could have happened might just be inability of the bank to fill those positions for now due to financial implication.
I think writing you that letter could also be that after a thorough verifications they may not be satisfied with the responses they have received so far. The responses could be from your formal organization, your references etc.

And finally, even when someone gets such letter, this might not be end of the road. Some organizations adopt policies to always write candidates on their performances after interview. They may actually KIV your credential for more suitable opportunity in the future. I had experience where I had to wait for 8 months, even when I have been given a similar letter of yours and that organization has been the best for me so far.

Anyway, which of these reasons, I wish you all the best in your carrier path.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2012
toosh: Please HR practitioners in the house, can anyone help me on how to calculate overtime. I also need a format on payroll urgently. Thanks

When you said payroll format, are you referring to spreadsheet?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2012
blue_blood: Hello friends. I must commend the intelligent discourse on this forum. Please, i need advice.

i am 34 years old, with 6 years banking experience. i still work in the operations department of a nigerian bank. i want to make a career change, and i feel Human Resource management would suit my personality and interest.

please, i need advice. is this a good move at this stage of my life? would i possibly find an HR job at middle management level, if i take the cipm exams. ill need practicable and honest opinions. thank you guys

With your 6 years in Banking sector and a CIPM background, you can only get HR middle mgt job in a small firm where HR activity is very minimal. That is the truth.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by toosh: 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
Yes I'm referring to spreadsheet. Thanx
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by naanmin(f): 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2012
yemmight:

Before any recruitment exercise is carried out, HR in conjunction with the unit or department affected would have concluded the process and necessary forms that include number of candidates, skills, experience etc and those requirements are agreed.

However, often time HR tend to be in kind of dilemma to choose between good candidate, even when one has identified that these two candidates are excellent and we only need to pick one. You might fall into this category.

We don’t always admit this but some good candidates may end up being victims as a result of impositions of other candidates. Lots of organizations do this and it’s really challenges for HR people except for very understanding Executives that will never involve in recruitment.

Other thing that could have happened might just be inability of the bank to fill those positions for now due to financial implication.
I think writing you that letter could also be that after a thorough verifications they may not be satisfied with the responses they have received so far. The responses could be from your formal organization, your references etc.

And finally, even when someone gets such letter, this might not be end of the road. Some organizations adopt policies to always write candidates on their performances after interview. They may actually KIV your credential for more suitable opportunity in the future. I had experience where I had to wait for 8 months, even when I have been given a similar letter of yours and that organization has been the best for me so far.

Anyway, which of these reasons, I wish you all the best in your carrier path.

Thank you so much for your detailed response and encouragement. Appreciate. I hope they KIV sha and get a 'surprise' call soon cheesy
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2012
toosh: Yes I'm referring to spreadsheet. Thanx

Send your mail add to my yahoo box.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2012
I am in need of core H.R job that will offer me pure experience in H.R. Though I am presently in H.R dept, I don't feel challenged enough. I have 3.5 years post service work experience (1 year in h.r.), final stage of cipm (PE2), and about to start my masters programme.
I will be glad if any one can be of help.
Thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by toosh: 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
Hi Yemmymight, please wat's your email add? Thanx so much for responding
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 4:55pm On Oct 08, 2012
toosh: Hi Yemmymight, please wat's your email add? Thanx so much for responding

o_olayemi@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (91) (Reply)

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.