Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

How Do I Recover My Lost Money? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do I Recover My Lost Money? (350 Views)

How Do I Recover My Stolen Certificates Found With A Smuggler In Lagos? / How Can I Recover My Money From An ATM Hacker / Ogun Pupil stabbed by classmate: Only justice can compensate for my lost hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Recover My Lost Money? by Vicryl(m): 11:57am On Oct 02, 2021
I write this seeking the advice, knowledge and experience of the business community on Nairaland.

Some weeks ago, I noticed that my account was cleared of all the money in it. I went to the bank and had them block my card. Since the details of the transaction wasn't showing, I knew it was either Paystack or Flutterwave, and they were associated with betting companies.

I tried accessing my sportybet account only to find out that it has been compromised. I then chatted the online customer care representative who confirmed that an equivalent sum of money was used to fund my account and withdrawn to another account that looked like mine. I got the account details and went to the police who referred me to the court to get an affidavit of facts before they could give me a police extract.

The next day I went to the supposed bank where they money was withdrawn to and they told me that it's not their account number rather it was a Flutterwave wallet account.

I contacted Flutterwave by mail and they restricted the account but told me that the account had already been depleted. They sent me the three account numbers that it was withdrawn to.

I went to one of the banks and they said I should go to the police. I went to the Police and they said I should pay them to start "investigations" and to open a file. I was dazed because I'm trying to recover money I lost and the system wants to suck me dry.

Since then, I've been stuck, not knowing what to do. What do I do next?

In case you are wondering how someone got access to my account and pin, it's through a process called Phishing.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Money? by ProudlyNGN: 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2021
Just count your lost. That money is gone and you cannever get it back. If you insist on getting it you will waste your time, energy and money in getting court affidavit and police order.
In the long run you will swear for that person and move on in anger.

The only thing you can do now is blocked your ATM card and tell your bank to delete link of transaction in that account. Never use sporty bet again even if they will pay you salary because that's what scammers are use in cashing out handsomely.

Before you talk about you know the account that they sent the money too, that account is an opay/paycom online account, they open it with your details but you can't access it so the situation now you are going after yourself.
the case will go round and come back to you and the person that did it won't be trace.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Money? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2021
Wow you really followed all the procedures... just nigerian police are a real problem

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Death Toll In Kaduna Attacks Rises To 40 / Beware!!! / Coffin And Obituary Poster Of VC Found At FUTO Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.