Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? (1148 Views)

5 Signs Your Destiny (ori) Has Been Stolen Or Snatched / Evil Bird Monitoring A Man's Destiny Killed In Benin Today / Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2021
Good evening nairalanders, please let’s discuss this matter , a friend of mine was having problems and she had a dream where she was told to change her name but she didn’t count it as anything but several months after, a prophet also told her the same thing and that’s when she remembered she had a dream about it .
So does changing of name has to do with having spiritual problems? What are the spiritual advantages or disadvantages of having a change of name?, if someone has spiritual problems and was told to change name and did that will the problem automatically disappear? Can a change of name create a change of destiny? What are the spiritual significance of a name change? Please share your thoughts.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by chatinent: 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2021
We are overly religious in this country! Sb had a dream which could be hunger-induced...and it is to be taken serious because a prophet thinks so too.

That prophet that couldn't foresee Covid-19, is that one a prophet?

What is the name? You no talk. Is it Onwugbufo? Then common sense can tell you to change it. If it is John, then you and your prophet have a problem! You still come say na your friend when it's you!

Mehn! Better dey chop well before you sleep!

I remember what Falz said.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2021
Goddess101:

So does changing of name has to do with having spiritual problems? What are the spiritual advantages or disadvantages of having a change of name?, if someone has spiritual problems and was told to change name and did that will the problem automatically disappear? Can a change of name create a change of destiny? What are the spiritual significance of a name change? Please share your thoughts.
Forget the lies that men have fed you through their twisting of God's word to deceive and delude in the name of God, there is no truth to claims that changing your name causes a corresponding change to what you call destiny. undecided

Jesus Christ never taught such nonsense. A name is just that, a name and does not elevate or bring you down in any way or form. It does not determine your "destiny" nor does it have any real impact on the course that will be taken by your spirit if and when you acquire one. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by NairalandSARS: 7:53pm On Oct 02, 2021
There is no such thing as destiny.
You create your future.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Workch: 7:54pm On Oct 02, 2021
This is high level delusion

2 Likes

Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by CXLVII: 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2021
Nigerians be naming Kids Chukwu….. and Oluwa….., Or names after holy prophets in religious books, and that does not change who they are or uplifted them.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by CXLVII: 8:09pm On Oct 02, 2021
Goddess101:
Good evening nairalanders, please let’s discuss this matter , a friend of mine was having problems and she had a dream where she was told to change her name but she didn’t count it as anything but several months after, a prophet also told her the same thing and that’s when she remembered she had a dream about it .

Does she take alcohol or smoke marijuana?

And for the pastor, tell her to run for her life. That’s a renowned scammer!
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by 22o62021: 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2021
Even Gabriel Jesus no de behave like Jesus Christ

Well jebez for bible

E be like he change name
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2021
chatinent:
We are overly religious in this country! Sb had a dream which could be hunger-induced...and it is to be taken serious because a prophet thinks so too.

That prophet that couldn't foresee Covid-19, is that one a prophet?

What is the name? You no talk. Is it Onwugbufo? Then common sense can tell you to change it. If it is John, then you and your prophet have a problem! You still come say na your friend when it's you!

Mehn! Better dey chop well before you sleep!

I remember what Falz said.

What do you mean by hunger induced dream, someone slept and had a dream did she tell you she was hungry before going to bed?……look at what you wrote up there go through your comment again,I said it’s my friend when it’s me? Like seriously? You’re very funny, if you don’t have anything reasonable to say please keep moving, it’s not by force to comment and your write up shows the kind of brain you have, no be only falz!
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Forget the lies that men have fed you through their twisting of God's word to deceive and delude in the name of God, there is no truth to claims that changing your name causes a corresponding change to what you call destiny. undecided

Jesus Christ never taught such nonsense. A name is just that, a name and does not elevate or bring you down in any way or form. It does not determine your "destiny" nor does it have any real impact on the course that will be taken by your spirit if and when you acquire one. undecided
Nobody fed anyone with any lie and I never mentioned in the write up that the prophet said changing of name will do anything, the prophet only told her it’s necessary to change her name I am the one who is now asking is there’s any spiritual significance to changing of name because in the Bible some peoples name had to be changed before God was able to bless them!
She had the dream long before the prophet told her that.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2021
NairalandSARS:
Mumu things.
There is no such thing as destiny.
That’s your own opinion ! And it’ll be more appropriate not to refer to someone’s write up as mumu things…,if you have no reasonable contribution to make please kindly move.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2021
Workch:
This is high level delusion
Thank you, may God heal your soul.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2021
CXLVII:
Nigerians be naming Kids Chukwu….. and Oluwa….., Or names after holy prophets in religious books, and that does not change who they are or uplifted them.

No response.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2021
CXLVII:

Does she take alcohol or smoke marijuana?

And for the pastor, tell her to run for her life. That’s a renowned scammer!
She doesn’t do any of those, thanks for your contribution.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by care4you: 10:12pm On Oct 02, 2021
if there is anything like spiritism, then, change of name will always have an effect on someone's destiny.

though I don't believe in the spiritual stuff .

but you have to think deep!

Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2021
22o62021:
Even Gabriel Jesus no de behave like Jesus Christ

Well jebez for bible

E be like he change name
Thanks for that, yes jabez, even Abram to Abraham, sarai to Sarah, name has to do with a lot , IN THE BIBLE GOD HAS TO CHANGE SOME PEOPLES NAME BEFORE BLESSING THEM.

I only asked what are the SIGNIFICANCE of changing a name and the comments I’m seeing are baffling , no reasonable contribution just hate speech and transferring of anger and aggression from people I don’t know.

You are on point,Thanks.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2021
Goddess101:

Nobody fed anyone with any lie and I never mentioned in the write up that the prophet said changing of name will do anything, the prophet only told her it’s necessary to change her name I am the one who is now asking is there’s any spiritual significance to changing of name because in the Bible some peoples name had to be changed before God was able to bless them!
She had the dream long before the prophet told her that.
For you to mention God, name change, and destiny means you have been fed some lie by someone and in this case, you claim you got the lie from your friend. undecided

Is there a specific example in the Bible that leaves you believing that if God hadn't changed the name, He, God, would not have blessed such a one? undecided

God's blessing on Abraham, He never said, was dependent on a name change. Instead God changed Abraham's name in order that it serve as a reminder of the promise He, God, made to Abraham.

I know of lots of folks who bought into the name change-to-change-destiny lie over a decade ago. Whole families changed their name believing it was necessary to change the direction their lives was heading. Nothing changed! God does not bend His Laws to suit man.... He instead calls on men to bend towards Him instead.. undecided
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Workch: 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2021
care4you:
if there is anything like spiritism, then, change of name will always have an effect on someone's destiny.

well, there's nothing like spiritism, no evidence.
I know you don't have any evidence and you just believe it because it is compelling
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 02, 2021
care4you:

Thank you, we can make examples with Abraham and Sarah in the Bible.
Even in present day people whose surname are attached to idols have been seen numerous times changing their names, please why are they changing it if it has nothing to do, so I think changing of name is significance in the spirit realm, NOT COMPULSORY BUT HIGHLY SIGNIFICANT.

Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Kobojunkie: 10:20pm On Oct 02, 2021
care4you:
This because you figure that in the Spirit world, your mortal name matters? undecided
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:20pm On Oct 02, 2021
My dear go and read Jacobs story, Abraham's story, Daniels story etc., and you will see the answer. I will post the chapters for you tomorrow, I don't feel like typing too much now. A change of name will definitely change your friends life for the better. The problem is that it will affect your friends credentials if she's still in school, let her do the change of name at the right time. I have seen some situations where people are adviced to do a change of name, especially names associated with water.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by care4you: 10:23pm On Oct 02, 2021
[quote author=Goddess101 post=106386624][/quote]

yeah you are right!..... don't mind the brain washed chruch rats....they don't even know what their Bible says!

Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
For you to mention God, name change, and destiny means you have been fed some lie by someone and in this case, you claim you got the lie from your friend. undecided

Is there a specific example in the Bible that leaves you believing that if God hadn't changed the name, He, God, would not have blessed such a one? undecided

God's blessing on Abraham, He never said, was dependent on a name change. Instead God changed Abraham's name in order that it serve as a reminder of the promise He, God, made to Abraham.

I know of lots of folks who bought into the name change-to-change-destiny lie over a decade ago. Whole families changed their name believing it was necessary to change the direction their lives was heading. Nothing changed! God does not bend His Laws to suit man.... He instead calls on men to bend towards Him instead.. undecided

Pick your Bible and find out people whose names were changed in the Bible , THE SAME WAY YOU KNOW FAMILIES THAT NOTHING SIGNIFICANT HAPPENED IN THEIR LIFE AFTER A NAME CHANGE IS THE SAME WAY I KNOW FAMILIES WHO HAD A TURN AROUND FOR GOOD AFTER CHANGING THEIR NAMES ESPECIALLY ONES ATTACHED TO RUTHLESS AND DANGEROUS DEMONS.

Changing of name is not something you just do there must be a confirmation from God.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Oct 02, 2021
Goddess101:
Changing of name is not something you just do there must be a confirmation from God.
The families I spoke of all claimed they got Confirmation as well. And at the end, nothing. undecided
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 02, 2021
Workch:
well, there's nothing like spiritism, no evidence.
I know you don't have any evidence and you just believe it because it is compelling

Just believe because it’s compelling? No evidence of spirituality? Nothing like Spiritism?
Anyways you’re not the first to believe such, but I’m praying for you today that God will open your eyes to let you see in the realm of the spirit.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Workch: 10:34pm On Oct 02, 2021
Goddess101:

Just believe because it’s compelling? No evidence of spirituality? Nothing like Spiritism?
Anyways you’re not the first to believe such, but I’m praying for you today that God will open your eyes to let you see in the realm of the spirit.
I don’t believe so, i simply do not believe your claims if you can’t provide a verifiable evidence.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The families I spoke of all claimed they got Confirmation as well. And at the end, nothing. undecided

IF TRULY ITS GOD WHO TOLD THEM TO DO THAT ,THEN THAT IS WHAT THEY WILL USE TO CHALLENGE HIM IN PRAYERS,BECAUSE THEY HAVE OBEYED HIM SO HE HAS TO KEEP TO HIS PROMISES AND IN THE COURSE OF WHICH THERE MUST NOT BE ANY HIDDEN SIN IN THEIR LIVES.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by enilove(m): 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2021
Goddess101:

A name has lots to do with your destiny.

A name is a physical and spiritual pronouncement of blessings or curses upon someone .
This is also scriptural.
God changed the names of Abraham , Sarah and Israel from Abram , sarai and Jacob respectively.
God Himself name Jesus and John.

A name that curses destiny like ''Jabez'' caused him problems until God intervened and changed his destiny.

For example , can you name your son '' fool'' ?
Names that glorify Satan has to be changed. It is not a joke why our ancestors named their children after idols .
This is to covenant the children to the idols for protections , provisions etc. and failure to serve the idols always have grave consequences.
Such names need to be changed to glorify our Creator and not idols.

Genesis 32:27-28 KJV
And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. [28] And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

The name Jacob means Supplanter. That is to supersede another by force or treachery.

This actually affected Jacob's life because his wealth was gotten by falsehood from Esau and Laban.

There are so many things that affect destiny positively or negatively , name is one of such.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2021
Workch:
I don’t believe so, i simply do not believe your claims if you can’t provide a verifiable evidence.

I should provide you evidence here on nairaland?
Anyways I have provided you what is more than evidence and that is that God will open your INNER EYES.
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Workch: 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2021
Goddess101:

I should provide you evidence here on nairaland?
Anyways I have provided you what is more than evidence and that is that God will open your INNER EYES.
There is no evidence for god and inner eyes as well
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2021
Goddess101:

IF TRULY ITS GOD WHO TOLD THEM TO DO THAT ,THEN THAT IS WHAT THEY WILL USE TO CHALLENGE HIM IN PRAYERS,BECAUSE THEY HAVE OBEYED HIM SO HE HAS TO KEEP TO HIS PROMISES AND IN THE COURSE OF WHICH THERE MUST NOT BE ANY HIDDEN SIN IN THEIR LIVES.
God never said your name matters - Jesus Christ never taught that so it is safe to reason that God is not in the business of changing our names. He is instead looking for those who will submit to and obey Him - that is what He desires of us. undecided
Re: Can A Change Of Name Create A Change Of Destiny? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2021
enilove:

A name has lots to do with your destiny.

A name is a physical and spiritual pronouncement of blessings or curses upon someone .
This is also scriptural.
God changed the names of Abraham , Sarah and Israel from Abram , sarai and Jacob respectively.
God Himself name Jesus and John.

A name that curses destiny like ''Jabez'' caused him problems until God intervened and changed his destiny.

For example , can you name your son '' fool'' ?
Names that glorify Satan has to be changed. It is not a joke why our ancestors named their children after idols .
This is to covenant the children to the idols for protections , provisions etc. and failure to serve the idols always have grave consequences.
Such names need to be changed to glorify our Creator and not idols.

Genesis 32:27-28 KJV
And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. [28] And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

The name Jacob means Supplanter. That is to supersede another by force or treachery.

This actually affected Jacob's life because his wealth was gotten by falsehood from Esau and Laban.

There are so many things that affect destiny positively or negatively , name is one of such.

Thank you greatly for this contribution,may your anointing never run dry,May the good lord continue to bless you in wisdom and knowledge, you’re one of a kind.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Satan Deceives People With The Bible / Is It Right For A Believer To Work In A Brewery? / Pastor Bimbo Odukoya's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.