Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

"Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity (28170 Views)

It Takes Stupidity To Remain Married - Nigerian Man Married For 38 Years (Video) / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by angelfallz(m): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
Wow

bepositive11:

You need to dig deeper to understand what I'm saying. Men who seek virgins to avoid being compared are deeply insecure. They have very low self esteem.

How about this? A man gets married to a non-promiscuous non-virgin then learns what she likes and focuses on pleasing her while being confident in his own abilities to learn how to please her better than anyone else. That is how a man with healthy self esteem would think

I would personally advise women I care about to stay away from men who want virgins. Those are the kind of men who can't stand being compared, who think that they are not good enough, who think that they don't stand a chance against other men, who take constructive feedback as negative criticism, who can't communicate openly, honestly, and directly

In fact, you, do a quick Google search for signs of low self esteem and assess yourself

This whole concept of a promiscuous man wanting a virgin woman is a form of control. That's what men with low self esteem need to feel secure. Control. Minimizing the chances of infidelity because of insecurity

Keep denying all you want. You have to reflect deeply to get what I'm saying
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Liposure: 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2021
FashionCookie:
When una don "disvirgin" all d small small gurls 4 una area finush una dey find virgin. Where una wan for see am? Ndi ala...ndi ala.
So d ones una scatter 4 ground who go marry them?
I read comments here and I laugh. D matter b say many of una no go see virgins marry(bitter truth). So you guys should go and rest and let us hear word. You can't eat your cake and have it. Stop coming here to claim... go and sit down!
The truth is many will end up not marrying the love of their life if they continue chasing virgins. There are people who married the person they had sex with and eventually fall in love with to balance the equation.

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by duality(m): 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
bepositive11:

Are all non virgins promiscuous? How many women have you had sex with? Are you not the one who is promiscuous? Will you even be faithful to your virgin wife?

Not everyone one bows to the sex demon.

Whenever you have this consciousness, you would no longer have this opinion you wrote above.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by FashionCookie(f): 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
Liposure:
The truth is many will end up not marrying the love of their life if they continue chasing virgins. There are people who married the person they had sex with and eventually fall in love with to balance the equation.

Very true...
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by bepositive11: 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
duality:

Not everyone one bows to the sex demon.

Whenever you have this consciousness, you would no longer have this opinion you wrote above.

If you're a virgin yourself, I'm not referring to you

I'm talking about the double standard of promiscuous men wanting a virgin woman for a wife

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by FORWARDEVERLY: 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2021
JovialJune:

You are also a male olosho if you're not a virgin correct?

Men has never been in the virginity situationship ..
If you like call me patriarchy or misogynist..infcat calling me such would make me happy and fufilled..

Back to the question.. both in traditions and biblical, It is never demanded for a man to be a Virgin whatsoever but .. it is demanded both in tradition and Bible for women to be so.. The Bible kept on hammering on women being virgins likewise the way our traduons hammers on it.. before some woke idiots and so called feminist started trying to water down the importance..

So.. women should be chaste and be virgins.. and men are freeborns.. that is the bitter truth...
If e vex you. Go and protest to Ned Nwoko that has numerous Nubile chaste women he married or go protest to Adamu the poor northerner living in a slum in Nasarawa with up to 4 young wives of which he married as a brand new no tested brides...

Cheers my dear feminist wannabe..

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by uzoma213(m): 9:37pm On Oct 04, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Marrying a non virgin does not make a successful marriage either.
no shit, Sherlock
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by SenecaTheYonger: 10:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
uzoma213:
no shit, Sherlock

So what’s your point? This thread is about virginity not about what makes a successful marriage. So what was your point?
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by uzoma213(m): 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

So what’s your point? This thread is about virginity not about what makes a successful marriage. So what was your point?
my point is that marrying a virgin or a non virgin doesn't guarantee a successful marriage

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by SenecaTheYonger: 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2021
uzoma213:
my point is that marrying a virgin or a non virgin guarantees a successful marriage

Now you include non-virgin.

I don’t know why you guys get triggered when you hear a woman is a virgin.

Always the same “virgins don’t guarantee successful marriage” NPC programmed bot response. Yeah, no shiiitt.

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 04, 2021
bepositive11:

Do a quick Google search for signs of low self esteem and assess yourself. I tired of going back and forth with folks like you

Most men are insecure. Wanting a virgin is a subtle form of control to feel more secure. Keep denying it all you want

Awk wiseone...
I'm glad you took my advice...
At least, your comment is void of insults (a proof of growth cheesy)...
Keep it up kiddo cheesy...
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by JayCynic(m): 12:00am On Oct 05, 2021
shaybebaby:

Typical little girl no-valid response response. Bless your sloppy moral-highground
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by DaytonaAries(f): 7:42am On Oct 05, 2021
FORWARDEVERLY:

Men has never been in the virginity situationship ..
If you like call me patriarchy or misogynist..infcat calling me such would make me happy and fufilled..

Back to the question.. both in traditions and biblical, It is never demanded for a man to be a Virgin whatsoever but .. it is demanded both in tradition and Bible for women to be so.. The Bible kept on hammering on women being virgins likewise the way our traduons hammers on it.. before some woke idiots and so called feminist started trying to water down the importance..

So.. women should be chaste and be virgins.. and men are freeborns.. that is the bitter truth...
If e vex you. Go and protest to Ned Nwoko that has numerous Nubile chaste women he married or go protest to Adamu the poor northerner living in a slum in Nasarawa with up to 4 young wives of which he married as a brand new no tested brides...

Cheers my dear feminist wannabe..

Do you really know the meaning of virginity. It means a person who hasn't had sex before. Don't use biblical and fictious traditional to sound logical because it doesn't.

A man can be a virgin if he hasn't had sex before. Just Google the word and stop sounding illogical.

Use actual concise facts. Not everyone is religious and don't use that to drive a point that you don't even understand

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by uzoma213(m): 8:41am On Oct 05, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Always the same “virgins don’t guarantee successful marriage” NPC programmed bot response. Yeah, no shiiitt.
I made a mistake in my post, I meant to say 'doesn't guarantee'
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by SenecaTheYonger: 8:42am On Oct 05, 2021
uzoma213:
I made a mistake in my post, I meant to say 'doesn't guarantee'

Alright then cool
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by pansophist(m): 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2021
bepositive11:

Keep shaming out of this. If you have nothing better to say than "you don't have sense", please don't reply

Are all non virgins promiscuous? How many women have you had sex with? Are you not the one who is promiscuous? Will you even be faithful to your virgin wife?

There's nothing wrong with not wanting a promiscuous wife. We're talking about non virgins

Non virgins include women who only have sex in committed relationships

The bottom line is wanting a virgin wife is because you don't trust women to stay faithful to you so you're trying to lower the odds (and that lack of trust stems from low self esteem btw). But what's the point of being with a woman you can't trust? Virgin or non-virgin, if you can't trust her to stay faithful, don't marry her

You are trying to equalize non-virginity as a virtue, but I refuse to accept that. No matter how you twist it, my point stands, which is, all things equal, I will choose a virgin to a non-virgin. Of course, it doesn't imply that I can not marry a non-virgin, or that virginity is the only thing that makes a woman worthy, but my point is, that I will hold a woman who is a virgin to a higher degree of virtue to the one who is not a virgin if she ticks every other of my criteria. And being a non-virgin who is not promiscuous still doesn't exempt the fact that I will be compared to her exes.

It's automatic, men do it too, the only difference why people focus on men is because when it comes to any interaction with women and in this case sexually, men bear the burden of performance, and are judged harshly. How many women can ride a man for ten min straight without gasping for air like someone drowning? but when it comes to judging men, you judge men so harshly with standards you won't fulfill yourself.

Also, you should probably go learn the meaning of insecurity/low self-esteem, you just throw the word around thinking you are making sense, but it is counterproductive. Demanding virtue (virginity) is not low self-esteem/insecurity, the same way a woman who is prioritizing a man with a brighter future is not gold-digging. Low self-esteem would be thinking I do not deserve a virgin, or a woman thinking she does not deserve a good man. Do you see why I said you don't have sense? and if you don't want me to call you senseless, then you should not just throw insults around (calling me low self-esteem). You don't expect me to be a gentleman to you, while you are a jezebel to me. Respect is reciprocal.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by angelfallz(m): 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
Lol, that person is still on this matter? People like that can never change. It is a waste of time.
pansophist:

You are trying to equalize non-virginity as a virtue, and I do not accept that. No matter how you twist it, my point stands, which is, all things equal, I will choose a virgin to a non-virgin. Of course, it doesn't imply that I can not marry a non-virgin, or that virginity is the only thing that makes a woman worthy, but my point is, that I will hold a woman who is a virgin to a higher degree of virtue to the one who is not a virgin if she ticks every other of my criteria. And being a non-virgin who is not promiscuous still doesn't exempt the fact that I will be compared to her exes. It's automatic, men do it too, the only difference why people focus on men is because when it comes to any interaction with women and in this case sexually, men bear the burden of performance, and are judged harshly.

How many women can ride a man for ten min straight without gasping for air like someone drowning? but when it comes to judging men, you judge men so harshly with standards you won't fulfill yourself. Also, you should probably go learn the meaning of insecurity/low self-esteem, you just throw the word around thinking you are making sense, but it is counterproductive. Demanding virtue (virginity) is not low self-esteem/insecurity, the same way a woman who is prioritizing a man with a brighter future is not gold-digging. Low self-esteem would be thinking I do not deserve a virgin, or a woman thinking she does not deserve a good man. Do you see why I said you don't have sense? and if you don't want me to call you senseless, then you should not just throw insults around (calling me low self-esteem). You don't expect me to be a gentleman to you, while you are a ghetto to me. Respect is reciprocal.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by bepositive11: 7:29pm On Oct 05, 2021
pansophist:

You are trying to equalize non-virginity as a virtue, but I refuse to accept that. No matter how you twist it, my point stands, which is, all things equal, I will choose a virgin to a non-virgin. Of course, it doesn't imply that I can not marry a non-virgin, or that virginity is the only thing that makes a woman worthy, but my point is, that I will hold a woman who is a virgin to a higher degree of virtue to the one who is not a virgin if she ticks every other of my criteria. And being a non-virgin who is not promiscuous still doesn't exempt the fact that I will be compared to her exes.

It's automatic, men do it too, the only difference why people focus on men is because when it comes to any interaction with women and in this case sexually, men bear the burden of performance, and are judged harshly. How many women can ride a man for ten min straight without gasping for air like someone drowning? but when it comes to judging men, you judge men so harshly with standards you won't fulfill yourself.

Also, you should probably go learn the meaning of insecurity/low self-esteem, you just throw the word around thinking you are making sense, but it is counterproductive. Demanding virtue (virginity) is not low self-esteem/insecurity, the same way a woman who is prioritizing a man with a brighter future is not gold-digging. Low self-esteem would be thinking I do not deserve a virgin, or a woman thinking she does not deserve a good man. Do you see why I said you don't have sense? and if you don't want me to call you senseless, then you should not just throw insults around (calling me low self-esteem). You don't expect me to be a gentleman to you, while you are a jezebel to me. Respect is reciprocal.

Please get lost! You're telling me that you don't have low self esteem, yet you're telling me that you're worried about her comparing you to her exes. Guess what? That is a sign of low self esteem and Insecurity! Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by advanceDNA: 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by advanceDNA: 4:35pm On Oct 06, 2021
bepositive11:

Please get lost! You're telling me that you don't have low self esteem, yet you're telling me that you're worried about her comparing you to her exes. Guess what? That is a sign of low self esteem and Insecurity! Nonsense!

Wait sir...

U are making it sound like every man should look forward to marrying women that several other men has slept with if they are not weak and insecure ...

I really don't get your idea..

Maybe if you tell me what's fantastic or great about a woman over 10-20 men has slept with and with a couple of abortions to match...then I would understand why you think a man avoiding such a woman is weak and insecure...

Most women with high body counts even lie that they've had only a few ex...thats because they know it doesn't sound or look good...even in the west...
yet u think their Male counterpart are insecure for wanting women with lesser or zero body count... Enlighten me

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by bepositive11: 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
advanceDNA:

Wait sir...

U are making it sound like every man should look forward to marrying women that several other men has slept with if they are not weak and insecure ...

I really don't get your idea..

Maybe if you tell me what's fantastic or great about a woman over 10-20 men has slept with and with a couple of abortions to match...then I would understand why you think a man avoiding such a woman is weak and insecure...

Most women with high body counts even lie that they've had only a few ex...thats because they know it doesn't sound or look good...even in the west...
yet u think their Male counterpart are insecure for wanting women with lesser or zero body count... Enlighten me

Please read my previous comments on this thread. I'm tired of repeating myself
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by victons(m): 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2021
henrybomb:

Just off the mic I am tired of explaining the same thing everytime.
Or is it that when y’all have discussions somewhere you just view things from one angle without other instances?
My point is you will always choose the very worst uncommon scenario just to buttress your opinion.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by advanceDNA: 6:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
bepositive11:

Please read my previous comments on this thread. I'm tired of repeating myself

Oh....apologies
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by bepositive11: 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
advanceDNA:

Oh....apologies

Since you're a humble person, I'll summarize

In you're previous reply, you mentioned that you want a woman with low body count or virgin. That means I'm not referring to you

I'm talking about the double standard of promiscuous men strictly wanting to marry only a virgin

Most of those men give reasons like they don't want to be compared to her exes, they don't want a woman who will sleep around, they want to minimize the risk of infidelity, so they won't marry a woman who has slept with any other man - even if she's only slept with one other man

That is the Insecurity I'm talking about.

Your reasons for not wanting a woman who has aborted or slept around is very valid because it's a test of character

Not all non virgins are promiscuous. There are two categories - one that sleeps around with any man and one that only sleeps with men in committed relationships

The second category, the one that only sleeps with men in committed relationships automatically has a low body count

Those men are insecure because they can't trust a woman so they want to control the situation. And they don't think they are good enough. They think that other men are better than them so they want a woman with no experience

A man with healthy self esteem would instead focus on learning how to please his woman knowing that he has the ability to be better than any other man she's been with. He would also be willing to get feedback from his woman through open and honest communication. On the other hand, those insecure men would see any feedback for improvement as negative criticism

It's a very deep issue

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Winnerautomatic: 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2021
[quote author=shaybebaby post=106443490][/quote]

Hey. I’d like to talk to you
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Winnerautomatic: 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2021
shaybebaby:

I'm telling you. At work, there is a huge drive to increase diversity and mobility for ethnic minority, all these training being given on identifying biases, calling on each other to allies so that black people can have equal opportunities to succeed.
And then I land here and read these nonsense. How can I be vocal and be an advocate for my people when this is the mindset that follows them around.

I am hopeful sha, I saw your comments and a few others. Proof that the entire basket of fruit isn't rotten.

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by WackyJ1(m): 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2021
pansophist:

i888

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

How To Become Emotionally Strong / Sleeping Positions: Mom & Dad's,what's Your Experience? / Zimbabwean Married Woman Elopes To Her Ex, Jilted Husband Fights To Have Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.