Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,141 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

"Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity (28392 Views)

It Takes Stupidity To Remain Married - Nigerian Man Married For 38 Years (Video) / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Poleski: 2:43am On Oct 04, 2021
jmoore:
So you had a bath, got dressed, sprayed perfume and walked out of the hostel to head to the class for lectures.

Then you meet someone dressed in rags with the most offensive smell ever. He says to you "being clean is not a guarantee for a successful graduate".

That marks are not given for being clean doesn't mean you should be a dirty pig. You being clean is for your own good, it's healthy to be clean.
Is being dirty a guarantee to be a successful graduate?

Now, you can see where I am heading to. Being a virgin till marriage is a healthy lifestyle. Borehole doesn't guarantee anything. Therefore, let virgins be free to virgins.

You're absolutely inexperienced in relationship department. It is very true that virginity doesn't guarantee a successful marriage.

My well educated sister-in-law married when she was young and still a virgin. In fact, her husband celebrated and thanked her parents for it. Unfortunately, the marriage later crashed, caused by her husband. They are presently divorced. Her case is not an isolated one.

In contrast, I've a relative who dropped out of secondary school and fled from home. She had numerous boyfriends, hit many clubs and happily married today. In fact, she and her husband recently celebrated their 20th anniversary.

Nothing guarantees a successful marriage. If you two are not on the same page, the marriage is doomed.

To hope for a successful marriage, you need to court your potential husband long enough to know him well before thinking about marrying him. If someone is not right for you, there would be red flags. Some women ignore red flags and still complain when the marriage goes sideways.

Marry a good person who truly loves you and respects you, then do your own part and hope for best.

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by MNDY(m): 2:54am On Oct 04, 2021
lawkenoz:

Now you're coming closer to the crux of the debate. No one says virginity doesn't matter. The topic of discourse was virginity isn't the sole requirement to a successful marriage and the answer is yes!

The other side talks were just rants in response to what some silly boys were attributing the virginity status to, like women who married as virgins don't fall prey to other hypergamous temptations women typically are known to fall for.

And please don't presume for all men, I know men that left virgins for non virgins (married), I dated Virgins and dumped them as virgins as well. Virginity means nothing to some men, you really need to discuss with some men around you and figure this out.

It doesn't take away anything from a virgin. For those who value such.

Falling prey to hypergamous temptations for a married virgin. The virgin camp will want to defend that with her self-control which made her keep her virginity in the first place. But I tell your, her self-control is not guaranteed to not want to explore other "things" now that you've introduced her.

My only problem with this topic is that: A virgin with a sweet and amazing character and her ability to have kept herself till marriage, is not a guarantee that she will not get curious to want to explore other men and dic.k sizes after she has been disvirgined. A non-virgin can do that too. But imagine the bigger disappointment/heartbreak a virgin who would do that will give.

Some men don't care about or even want virginity. Someone wrote: The higher her body count, the higher the chances of her divorcing. A virgin too can divorce for opportunity for her to explore.

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by MNDY(m): 3:00am On Oct 04, 2021
jmoore:
So you had a bath, got dressed, sprayed perfume and walked out of the hostel to head to the class for lectures.

Then you meet someone dressed in rags with the most offensive smell ever. He says to you "being clean is not a guarantee for a successful graduate".

That marks are not given for being clean doesn't mean you should be a dirty pig. You being clean is for your own good, it's healthy to be clean.

Now, you can see where I am heading to. Being a virgin till marriage is a healthy lifestyle. Borehole doesn't guarantee anything. Therefore, let virgins be free to virgins.

[1] Falling prey to hypergamous temptations for a married virgin. Your Virgin Camp will want to defend that with her self-control which made her keep her virginity in the first place. But I tell your, her self-control is not guaranteed to not want to explore other "things" now that you've introduced her.

[2] My only problem with this topic is that: A virgin with a sweet and amazing character and her ability to have kept herself till marriage, is not a guarantee that she will not get curious to want to explore other men and dic.k sizes after she has been disvirgined. A non-virgin can do that too. But imagine the bigger disappointment/heartbreak a virgin who would do that will give.

[3] Some men don't care about or even want virginity but just want peace of mind from a virgin or non-virgin. Please don't ask who men would choose between a virgin that gives peace of mind and a non-virgin that gives it too. I already said some men DISLIKE virgin (emphasis on dislike). Someone wrote: The higher her body count, the higher the chances of her divorcing. A virgin too can divorce for opportunity for her to explore.

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Nobody: 3:17am On Oct 04, 2021
KarinaLove:
It's only some Men that want Virgins as wives.

The question is how many of these set of men are virgins

This same set of Men yet go about sleeping with everything under skirt for years.

They go about carrying one disease or the other.

THESE MEN ARE SO STUPID.

That's why they all end up with the worst while carrying several ancestral problems on their heads into marriage.

Their lives become a shadow of their imagination.

***Spits**

I couldn't agree more.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 04, 2021
Meek127:
guy,are you for real. As early as 12,13 they're already into it
Pedophile alert!
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by bepositive11: 4:09am On Oct 04, 2021
pansophist:
Saying that virginity doesn't guarantee a successful marriage is like saying that education and hardwork doesn't guarantee sucess. Well yea, it doesn't, but it's an indication. And I'll rather pick a virgin, than one who would compare our sex with truckloads of men she had slept with. Then say I'm not man enough.

You're saying this because you have low self esteem. Many men think like you because of Insecurity

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by bepositive11: 4:21am On Oct 04, 2021
jmoore:

First of all, most men who want a virgin wife have low self esteem and are very insecure

2. Most men who want a virgin wife are not virgins themselves

3. Non virgins are not all the same - one category sleeps around and the other category only sleeps with men in committed relationships

4. The notion that virgins are pure while non virgins are unpure is a social construct. The only case where she becomes unpure is if she contracts STDs or does abortions. This is likely with women who sleep around but unlikely with women who only sleep with men in committed relationships

My conclusion.

Your way of thinking is pathetic. As much as you want a virgin wife, are you a virgin yourself? Why did you have sex with many women you have no intention of marrying yet demand that your wife be virgin? The ratio of men to women if 49% to 51%

If you have low self esteem, instead of worrying about her comparing you, why not focus on learning how to please her. That requires open and honest communication which you any way won't be able to have with your low self esteem

Stop judging a woman based on her virginity if you're not a virgin yourself. You have no right to. You're just being pathetic

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by bepositive11: 4:24am On Oct 04, 2021
brodalikeme:
I disagree with you absolutely! The virtue of being a virgin as lofty as it is alone, cannot guarantee a successful marriage.

Brand new tyres alone does not make an efficient vehicle.
Clean cups doesn’t make great drinks.
There are so many important tiny components that makes a good woman/wife.

Don't mind them. All men with that way of thinking have very low self esteem and are very insecure. They themselves are not virgins but they feel entitled to want a virgin wife. Very pathetic

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by bepositive11: 4:25am On Oct 04, 2021
duality:

Why not this way...

If you were to choose between a virgin with good character and a non virgin with bad character. Which will you choose.

There's something in most people that makes them accentuate the negative to justify their stance

First of all, most men who want a virgin wife have low self esteem and are very insecure

3. Non virgins are not all the same - one category sleeps around and the other category only sleeps with men in committed relationships

4. The notion that virgins are pure while non virgins are unpure is a social construct. The only case where she becomes unpure is if she contracts STDs or does abortions. This is likely with women who sleep around but unlikely with women who only sleep with men in committed relationships

My conclusion.

Your way of thinking is pathetic. As much as you want a virgin wife, are you a virgin yourself? Why did you have sex with many women you have no intention of marrying yet demand that your wife be virgin? The ratio of men to women if 49% to 51%

If you have low self esteem, instead of worrying about her comparing you, why not focus on learning how to please her. That requires open and honest communication which you any way won't be able to have with your low self esteem

Stop judging a woman based on her virginity if you're not a virgin yourself. You have no right to. You're just being pathetic

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by bepositive11: 4:29am On Oct 04, 2021
Gbolarshow:
I married my wife of six years a virgin after ten years of friendship. I never and will never for a day doubt her chastity or question her whereabouts. Forget westernization or modernization, virginity is a virtue and our ladies should strive to keep it for their own good. I will respect and care for my wife till eternity.

Virginity does not guarantee faithfulness. Character is what determines faithfulness.

Even when you consider non virgins, there are two categories. One that sleeps around and one that only sleeps with men in committed relationships. The second category are more likely to be faithful. It's all about character

Virgins can still cheat because they feel that they missed out
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by bepositive11: 4:31am On Oct 04, 2021
Favfables:
Agreed...

Virginity ALONE does not guarantee a good marriage, but like I'd always say, Chasity till marriage is a virtue that is commendable and should become a norm... Because the mere fact that a person can stay a virgin till marriage especially in this 21st century is a pointer to so many things (character wise)...

And let's face fact...

If I were to choose between a virgin with GOOD CHARACTER and a nonvirgin with GOOD CHARACTER, blimey I would DEFINITELY settle for the former...

They're nonvigirns with exceptional character, and they're virgins with bad character....agreed. but let's be real here, the fact that your partner has had multiple sexual partners in time past before you will DEFINITELY lead to some form of comparism (even if they don't say it out verbally)...

And who would love to be compared with other people who they've never met??

Who would love to be seen as less when compared with other people??

And please go and do your research, marriages of virgins last longer (on average) than marriages with non virgins....

It has been scientifically proven, that the more sexual partners a person has had in times past, the lesser the chances at a successful marriage...

My conclusion.

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by bepositive11: 4:32am On Oct 04, 2021
ESANMEA:
I just tire o.. That's how one man that married his wife as a virgin made a stu*pid statement while they were having issues. He said, "if you're truly a good person, how come I'm the first to have sex with you". That talk pained me en..
Virginity is a choice please.. Allow virgins be.. undecided

Don't mind them. Men who want virgins, more often than not, have low self esteem and are insecure. They're not even virgins themselves. Very pathetic

In fact, I think a man who wants a virgin wife is a walking red flag if he's not a virgin himself

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by henrybomb(m): 4:44am On Oct 04, 2021
victons:

Comprehensive human who will try to chose just the very worst scenario so you can agendate.
Just off the mic I am tired of explaining the same thing everytime.
Or is it that when y’all have discussions somewhere you just view things from one angle without other instances?
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by ofiko123(m): 5:42am On Oct 04, 2021
How will all these virginity talk solve Nigeria's problem..

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Rhozabeth(m): 5:54am On Oct 04, 2021
MNDY:

Haven't you seen a virgin that is respectful, obedient and loyal?
Oga pls show me one!
As we have them onthis side, so do we on the other side, so whats ur argument?
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Dehindepgenius(m): 6:16am On Oct 04, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

A total stranger who does not use her brain in the public will be slammed. If my sister didint use hers too, she would be slammed same as me. So, I respect myself in public. You are changing what you wrote, and we can revisit it anytime. I have just told you and take it into your head, you are not qualified to give virginity in marriage suggestions or advices if you weren't one when you got married. How can you say you have been in marriage and that you know it is or it is not what will make a marriage a perfect one. Please, let those who were virgins when they entered their husbands' houses talk. You are not qualified. If you push it further, you will have yourself to be blamed. Next time, choose a topic you can air your opinion on. You weren't a virgin, so shut the crap up. Give advices on how to be a good wife as a non virgin. That, you are qualified for. And you have huge number of audience. Why dabble into virgins' matter. A beg, shift to one side. I am proud of girls who are virgins in marriage. If you don't want to be slammed again, shut the crap up.
Guy take it easy. Abi you know this woman from somewhere? At no point did she insult you. The true test of virtue and manliness is in the way we address and treat others. Go back and read her initial post. You do zero justice to your moniker, and quite frankly you are very rude. Learn some manners.

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by reXurrectionZA(m): 6:23am On Oct 04, 2021
duality:

Why not this way...

If you were to choose between a virgin with good character and a non virgin with bad character. Which will you choose.

There's something in most people that makes them accentuate the negative to justify their stance
You are a wise man

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 04, 2021
Dehindepgenius:

Guy take it easy. Abi you know this woman from somewhere? At no point did she insult you. The true test of virtue and manliness is in the way we address and treat others. Go back and read her initial post. You do zero justice to your moniker, and quite frankly you are very rude. Learn some manners.
They will say you didnt insult me too, right? Ok. You are the manner less idiota here. Yes, you are. Mind your business. All I told her was to shut up and not dish out advice where she is not qualified, and she came up with rubbish. A non virgin dishing out advice that virginity has little or no impact in the success of marriage. And I am saying, she should shut the crap up. She is not qualified. And I maintain my stand. And for you to come and support her, go and check your brain. You may know her, and that is your business. She may be your pastor, prophet, or savior, that's your business. But as far as I am concerned, since she was not a virgin when she got married, she should shut the crap up. And you also should learn to mind your business, else, you will be jammed more. Very terrible set of humans you are both. Young ladies who are keeping themselves clean, you both want to make them look stupid, and change the values in marriage. Her husband wants her the way she is, glory to God. Her husband accepted her with the way many joysticks have torn her vagina upside down, that is his business. Let her not dish any advice in the matter she is not qualified. And you, learn to zip your mouth where it doesnt concern you. You are the manner less idiota. Your parents did a very bad job. Terrible job. And if I see both your parents, they are the ones I will knock their heads. You are a rubbish piece of shiiit..get the crap outta my mention. Idiootaaa. If you like return here again. In your next life you will learn telling someone you dont know is manner less can make you lose your 32 teeth. Try it again. Mannerless idiottaaaa.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by HiideaConsole(m): 6:41am On Oct 04, 2021
tonyson010:

Not a virgin doesn't disqualify a lady from being good or making future good wife.
Some ladies just carry virginity in mind as if it is the only thing required in a marriage (obviously the only thing they can offer) ......Nay.

Lol

Not a virgin doesn't make a good wife wife either

Both have to work on themselves

Just that being a virgin is a thing of pride, everyone knows

No one should attack them because of it.

Most the people that attack virgins are non virgins... It's laughable tho'

Peace
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by reXurrectionZA(m): 6:43am On Oct 04, 2021
Meek127:

What is your definition of advancement.
Sexual immorality

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by cooooooks(m): 6:44am On Oct 04, 2021
Our country scares me no be small.

I take solace in the fact that many Nigerians (perhaps most) are enterprising, for themselves & their families.

shaybebaby:

Mentally enslaved people. Even with access to information at their finger tips, with everything going on the world, natural disasters, global economic instability, poor access to healthcare/education, a global pandemic, rising food prices, bad governance etc.
In the face of weightier issues facing mankind, their most pressing problem is..*drum roll* ....virginity.
It would be funny if it wasn't was soooo pitiful. undecided
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by cooooooks(m): 6:45am On Oct 04, 2021
If you have something substantial to say, say it.

No dey hide behind empty words.

Crystyano:

Must you vomit such waste?
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by cooooooks(m): 6:46am On Oct 04, 2021
Sensible Nigerians still dey!!

Hillarie:

Still reading the first page of comments and only you have made sense so far. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by duality(m): 7:28am On Oct 04, 2021
bepositive11:

My conclusion.

Go and sit down. You think everyone bows to sexual recklessness? I believe in chastity and I advocate for it.

Those who seek virgins have low self-esteem?

That's too shallow and pathetic.

Those who engage in reckless sexual activities have high esteem?

Sorry , I'm not in your team.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 04, 2021
Poleski:

You're absolutely inexperienced in relationship department. It is very true that virginity doesn't guarantee a successful marriage.

My well educated sister-in-law married when she was young and still a virgin. In fact, her husband celebrated and thanked her parents for it. Unfortunately, the marriage later crashed, caused by her husband. They are presently divorced. Her case is not an isolated one.

In contrast, I've a relative who dropped out of secondary school and fled from home. She had numerous boyfriends, hit many clubs and happily married today. In fact, she and her husband recently celebrated their 20th anniversary.

Nothing guarantees a successful marriage. If you two are not on the same page, the marriage is doomed.

To hope for a successful marriage, you need to court your potential husband long enough to know him well before thinking about marrying him. If someone is not right for yo, there would be red flags. Some women ignore red flags and still complain when the marriage goes sideways.

Marry a good person who truly loves you and respects you, then do your own part and hope for best.

100%

This is one of the most intelligent posts I have ever seen

How can a successful marriage be guaranteed when nobody can exactly predict what will happen??

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by duality(m): 7:41am On Oct 04, 2021
VERDA:

Please spare me the crap...nobody is trying to trivialise chastity, the question is simple and straightforward but for some reason some of you are being unnecesarily emotional about the whole thing.

You don't need to lecture anybody about sexual morality, keeping yourself till marriage is a good thing, probably one of the top pointers to discipline and strength of character which are very important to keep a marriage, but don't be deluded into thinking that is all you need to sustain a marriage is all people are saying, instead of answering the question, some of you are forming holier than Jesus Christ...

The question remains, is virginity enough for a successful marriage??, Is not being a virgin a guarantee that your marriage is doomed??, because this seems to be ur argument...

Just answer the very direct question and stop acting like a big baby.

Relax... One question for you.

No one single thing is enough for a successful marriage except God's presence.

But note that deliberate and conscious purity is very important and a key ingredients for success for this generation.

The enemy of mankind will keep advocating the contrary.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by duality(m): 7:47am On Oct 04, 2021
jcross19:
ah can't you read the line virginity is never a yardstick for successful marriage.. Mind you if you are a man looking for a virgin and you are not a virgin, please you are Pharisee!!!

This shouldn't be the mindset. Not everyone bow to the demon of sexual recklessness.

The twist of always trying to ask the man if he's a virgin, is a manipulative attempt to downplay the message.

We are speaking of general chastity.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by brodalikeme(m): 7:57am On Oct 04, 2021
AbujaCitiBlog:

Shut up with your prostitute mindset! A virgin has already shown a rare strength of character. Do you think it is easy to win over your body for so long?

Some of you think from your anus! The fact the she could reject monetary offers and other advances from both men and women already says a lot about her character. It shows she has self control and patience, two ingredients for successful marriage!

You can go on promoting your prostitution as your own ingredient for successful marriage! Buffoon!

A virgin is a woman with chastity, patience, self control etc!

Hegoat, you can go and marry your borehole! Enjoy your borehole marriage! Otondo!

I’m not surprised that you would result to name calling just to prove a point, that in its self shows how intelligent you are. I wonder if you read what I wrote at all. I have not promoted promiscuity neither looked down on the virtues of virginity, yet you keep saying I have a “prostitute mindset”.
You lack the capacity to engage in any meaning argument. And to think you own/write a blog. This offensive behavior towards people that disagree with you will surely shrink your audience.
You’re not worthy of any meaningful discussion, I WON’T be responding to you after now. Go ahead gloating in your stupidity and ignorance my man.

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Lordhades21(m): 8:47am On Oct 04, 2021
I don't know about people but I'd rather be with a woman who has gone through the motions and understands her emotions and desires. Who virginity help abeg, some are toxic as Bleep character wise.. Plus virginity is no stamp on loyalty.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Olamilekxy(m): 8:52am On Oct 04, 2021
brodalikeme:
I disagree with you absolutely! The virtue of being a virgin as lofty as it is alone, cannot guarantee a successful marriage.

Brand new tyres alone does not make an efficient vehicle.
Clean cups doesn’t make great drinks.
There are so many important tiny components that makes a good woman/wife.

You bust my head.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Olamilekxy(m): 8:57am On Oct 04, 2021
brodalikeme:

Dis one hard me to keep quiet. Fine guy/babe no fit do bad tin again because dem fine, abi because pesin dey talk with American accent mean say him sabi book? If you no talk,
one guy go continue with this misconception.

Las las, I don talk finish, if dem wan continue make dem continue, dem don win the argument.

You go pidgin on this

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Evil Acts You Committed As A Kid / My Wife Insults And Threatens My Fiancee / Man Sent To Prison For Failing To Marry A Lady He Got Pregnant In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.