Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road (63104 Views)

1995 Nissan Infiniti ₦ 350,000 (negotiable) / Extremely Clean Nissan Infiniti Qx4 2002 Model S.u.v Toks For Quick Sale At 1.5m / Nissan infiniti 1998 model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 3:29pm On Jan 09, 2012
There will be issues with fuel economy and if you dont do regular oil changes, sludge may build up.
Apart from that, it's safe to use just not the best to use
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by ekoboy: 7:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
Nissparts,
Also in the process of acquiring 07 Pathfinder.Just read about this radiator problem and would like to know if there is a way of knowing if the radiator has already being changed on the car since its well over 50k miles. And the 25k for a new radiator,is it just for the parts or plus changing labour.
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2012
Hi, the radiator is not 25k.
The price is averagely 80k.
No way really to know except the previous owner tells you
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by jodeci(m): 2:33am On Jan 10, 2012
If you own a 2005-06 Pathfinder, Xterra, Frontier especially, do THIS NOW.
If it hasn't happened already, your radiator will crack and leak coolant/water into your transmission and both will require replacement.
This will happen to at least 90% of the above mentioned model ranges.
The solution, if it hasnt happened already, is to install an external transmission oil cooler and bypass the radiator completely as it has a design flaw which Nissan is well aware of and facing a class action lawsuit as we speak.

Note, that this radiator issue is possible in other Nissan vehicles as well and the external cooler is highly recommended.

Cheers

Please where and how can this be done.
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 11:27am On Jan 10, 2012
Ok.

There are 3 ways around this.

1. Instal an additional external cooler.

Your pathfinder/xterra/frontier already comes with an external cooler in addition to the cooler located inside the radiator.
The slightly more expensive fix for the Nigerian driver of these vehicles is to bypass the radiator and add an external cooler to the factory one.
However, this will only be necessary if you intend to do some towing with your vehicle which I doubt. In any case, this method will cost you a total of N50,000 for both the cooler and labour.

2. Bypass radiator by connecting both hoses attached below the radiator together (See attachment titled radiator: what is required is joining hoses #12 together with a connector from Nissan) Total cost of this fix is N20,000

Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 11:32am On Jan 10, 2012
3. The 3rd fix is fairly simple and you can do it yourself, instruct your mechanic, or choose to bring it to us

The pictoral analysis below will explain with before and after pics

Cost of labor if you want us to do this for you is N10,000

Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 11:34am On Jan 10, 2012
Oh, I guess there's a 4th option if you want everything to remain as factory stock.

Replace the radiator when you buy the car and keep an eye on your transmission fluid and radiator occasionally.
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by jodeci(m): 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
Thanks a million time Nissparts,I really wanna stay ahead of this issue.

Please since the radiator defect is mostly with Pathy 2005-2007 models,is it possible to buy radiators of latest models and fix ,say pathy 2008-2011 models.

I want to believe that Nissan would have corrected the defect in the recent models.

Guess the configuration and orientation of the models are thesame.
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 7:37pm On Jan 10, 2012
Hi, it's actually the exact same radiator in 05-10 so if it's radiator replacement u prefer then an aftermarket one may be preferable
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by jodeci(m): 7:46pm On Jan 10, 2012
Still one more question pls,i just bought the pathy 05,it will be in lagos in the next few weeks and i want to replace the radiator immediately.

Can u please confirm that the defect does not affect the aftermarket radiator of 2010 model.
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2012
The aftermarket radiator would be the same for 05-10 and there are a few reputable brands
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by jodeci(m): 8:09pm On Jan 10, 2012
Thanks very much,will see you soon.
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by Bendazi: 12:22am On Jan 12, 2012
Thanks for d info, but wat transmission fluid? can i use anyone?
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 12:29am On Jan 12, 2012
Any DEXRON III atf
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 3:58pm On Jan 18, 2012
cool
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by honeyguy(m): 8:50am On Jan 19, 2012
how much is 2005 infiniti g35 TCM- transmission control module aka transmission brain box?
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 8:54am On Jan 19, 2012
Hi, please confirm if the serial on it is JA or J5?
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by honeyguy(m): 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
i need a JA and J5 for different cars
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 9:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
I can order them for you.
Each one is 55K (Used)
Delivery in 2 weeks
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 12:09pm On Jan 23, 2012
[size=28pt]Wishing you all a great week!![/size]
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 3:46pm On Jan 24, 2012
[size=28pt]Another satisfied customer[/size]

Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by helpee(m): 6:33pm On Jan 25, 2012
I av 07/08 xterra with transmission problem. The mechanic claims it is the valve body and he has changed the valve body twice now and the problem is still the same. He says valve body is like that and that he has to kip changing it till he gets the right one but I am no longa comfortable. What do u think is wrong? Can it be the valve body? Is there no way to identify the exact valve? I am afraid cos I don't have moni for new transmission now. The transmission jerk before gear one and does not select reverse and the drive is not smooth but still moves
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 8:13pm On Jan 25, 2012
1st give me the code you have when you scan the car.
2nd, what color is your transmission fluid when you bring out the dipstick?
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by rabosh(m): 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2012
Hello,
My 2006 pathfinder has landed. The mileage is over 100,000. Can I safely assume the radiator issues would have been fixed since it occurs at about 50.000 km? I am about doing my first service, please what are the things to change during this service. How much are the angel lights for 06 pathfinder? Do they have warranties ?

Thanks
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 10:32pm On Jan 25, 2012
Hi, if the radiator has been changed then the radiator cooler would have been bypassed. No one will go through the radiator failure and risk it occuring again.
As per service, apart from oil change which is definite, any other thing will depend on an examination of the vehicle.
The halo headlight set is 70,000.
6 month warranty
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by rockiedink(m): 11:12pm On Jan 25, 2012
Hi

I have a 98 Pathfinder which has issues with the steering rack? what is the cost or replacement of the rack? Also, what is the cost of the knuckle joint for the front passenger side?
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 10:57am On Jan 26, 2012
A brand new steering rack with inner tie rods will run you N75,000
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by helpee(m): 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2012
helpee:

I av 07/08 xterra with transmission problem. The mechanic claims it is the valve body and he has changed the valve body twice now and the problem is still the same. He says valve body is like that and that he has to kip changing it till he gets the right one but I am no longa comfortable. What do u think is wrong? Can it be the valve body? Is there no way to identify the exact valve? I am afraid cos I don't have moni for new transmission now. The transmission jerk before gear one and does not select reverse and the drive is not smooth but still moves
nissparts:

1st give me the code you have when you scan the car.
2nd, what color is your transmission fluid when you bring out the dipstick?
. I didn't collect the codes from the guy dat scanned it that time. The mechanic put one valve body today. It entered reverse and select gear one two three wtot selecting the last gear. The ibo guy that sells parts that it is now electrician that will correct it but my mechanic insist that it is because this valve is not good enuf. Shud I allow the rewire to luk at it or I shud insist on getting anoda valva body from the ibo guy?
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2012
Oga,I need the code to advice u.
Also note the transmission needs to be programmed to work with the new valve body by erasing the EEPROM on your TCM.
I hope you dont do more damage than necessary to the vehicle
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by helpee(m): 7:54pm On Jan 26, 2012
Shud I bring it for u please
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by nissparts(m): 8:07pm On Jan 26, 2012
Im not available till Sunday.
You can give me a call 2mrw afternoon to discuss this and I'll be glad to help
Re: Nissan/infiniti Parts Store On Opebi Road by helpee(m): 8:11pm On Jan 26, 2012
Ok. Tnks. I will call

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

How Innoson Military Trucks Are Manufactured (Photos, Video) / 500 Nigerian Used Cars Sale Thread / Autocheck® Backed By Experian » »Vehicle Record/Report You Can Trust » » »

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.