Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,229 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Why Do Good People Suffer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Good People Suffer? (407 Views)

See Why Good People Suffer Or Even Die? / Secret Exposed: Why The Wicked Prosper And Good People Suffer / Nigerian Man Suspended For Asking His Priest Why People Suffer When God Exists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Good People Suffer? by haddeylium(m): 10:39am On Oct 03, 2021
This is a legitimate question. The answer is that time and unexpected events overtake us all. When unanticipated events or accidents happen, whether someone is affected or not depends to a large extent on where he is at the time they occur. An ancient prophet made this observation:

I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all”-Ecclesiastes 9:11.

I think we all can agree that being in the wrong place at the wrong time happens to a lot of innocent people.
Millions of people today explain that the problem of human suffering involves Karma. A believer usually accepts his own suffering as well as that of others without getting too disturbed by it. But the fact remains that this concept holds out no hope of stopping bad things from happening. It is believed that the only relief offered to an individual is liberation from the cycles of rebirth through socially acceptable behavior and special knowledge. These ideas, of course, are different from what the Bible explains:

The one who has died has been acquitted from his sin.” (Romans 6:7)

In other words, people do not keep paying for their sins after death.

Clearly, God is not responsible for bad things that happen to people; nor does he make them suffer. On the contrary, he has promised to eliminate badness from the earth forever. This promise for the millions of innocent people who have suffered tragic deaths will soon come true.

If the idea of living in a world where bad things will not happen to good people appeals to you, why not make it your aim to learn more about the true God and his purpose by studying the Bible? Jehovah’s Witnesses in your area will be happy to help you to gain that knowledge. You have our warm invitation to contact us by accessing our website.
JW.ORG

Thank you and have a great day.
Sherryl

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Good People Suffer? by chatinent: 10:49am On Oct 03, 2021
Nice piece.
Re: Why Do Good People Suffer? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:05am On Oct 03, 2021
Because they are Foolish!
Re: Why Do Good People Suffer? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:07am On Oct 03, 2021
haddeylium:
This is a legitimate question. The answer is that time and unexpected events overtake us all. l

Wrong!

But of course, it is known that You people do not often say the Truth!
Re: Why Do Good People Suffer? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:09am On Oct 03, 2021
chatinent:
Nice piece.

grin shall arsenal fan not support Arsenal? grin
Re: Why Do Good People Suffer? by chatinent: 11:12am On Oct 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin shall arsenal fan not support Arsenal? grin

You spelt truth incorrectly.
Re: Why Do Good People Suffer? by haddeylium(m): 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Wrong!

But of course, it is known that You people do not often say the Truth!

I've cited scripture to support my comments. My Post is for those who have deep interest in Bible and what it really teaches and It is not meant to challenge or dispute any personal belief and nor will I debate such.
Thank you wink
Re: Why Do Good People Suffer? by haddeylium(m): 1:59pm On Oct 24, 2021
haddeylium:
This is a legitimate question. The answer is that time and unexpected events overtake us all. When unanticipated events or accidents happen, whether someone is affected or not depends to a large extent on where he is at the time they occur. An ancient prophet made this observation:

I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all”-Ecclesiastes 9:11.

I think we all can agree that being in the wrong place at the wrong time happens to a lot of innocent people.
Millions of people today explain that the problem of human suffering involves Karma. A believer usually accepts his own suffering as well as that of others without getting too disturbed by it. But the fact remains that this concept holds out no hope of stopping bad things from happening. It is believed that the only relief offered to an individual is liberation from the cycles of rebirth through socially acceptable behavior and special knowledge. These ideas, of course, are different from what the Bible explains:

The one who has died has been acquitted from his sin.” (Romans 6:7)

In other words, people do not keep paying for their sins after death.

Clearly, God is not responsible for bad things that happen to people; nor does he make them suffer. On the contrary, he has promised to eliminate badness from the earth forever. This promise for the millions of innocent people who have suffered tragic deaths will soon come true.

If the idea of living in a world where bad things will not happen to good people appeals to you, why not make it your aim to learn more about the true God and his purpose by studying the Bible? Jehovah’s Witnesses in your area will be happy to help you to gain that knowledge. You have our warm invitation to contact us by accessing our website.
JW.ORG

Thank you and have a great day.
Sherryl

@IamKizzbrown10

(1) (Reply)

We Need A Christian Forum (instead Of A 'religion' One) Like The Islam Forum / Remove Tithe And Offering From The Church, What Do You Think Would Happen? / A Swift Conversation Between I And The Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.