Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion (35773 Views)

CBN To Grab Unclaimed Funds In Banks, Dormant Account Balances / FG To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends / Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by lifenija: 11:58am On Oct 03, 2021
dapsoneh:
No wonder those rich people are getting richer
how do u even understand what dey talking bout or u just want to comment cause u dont have money in dollars

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by samuelson06(m): 11:58am On Oct 03, 2021
PENISgod:
Please guys is 25k salary a Month good for a single teenager living with his parents?

Continue to stay with your parents while learning online skill, e.g., web development, programming, database development, data science, etc.

However, if you can't afford to learn any of these skills, take the job and use the meager pay to fund your preferred skill.

If the job is 8am-5pm, don't do it. Don't start now to enslave yourself. Don't start on a wrong foot. Suffer now and enjoy later.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by Terrence99: 11:59am On Oct 03, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Didn't Obanikoro work with Zenith Bank for a bit?

He served in Zenith Bank as a Youth Corper and was an EA before he left.

1 Like

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by AreaFada2: 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
Cherez:
This guy maybe right oooo
I’m not an expert here but if the Govt holds over 6million dollars then they don’t believe in our currency and will do anything to inflate dollars too
They should start with Govt funds
Imagine someone moving 10million of Govt funds to a dorm account, hodl it for 2yrs, draws it and return same 10m to Govt. They have made over almost 5m from that money while causing a shortage of dolar supply and thus inflating dollar

A serious govt would strengthen institutions and mechanisms to check agaist any official's ability to just move govt money at all let alone keep it for two years unnoticed.

If they can move govt money into dom accounts, they can also move billions into oil sector business, make huge profits and return the money later.

4 Likes

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by lifenija: 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
16 billion n una dey shout, if d economy was doing well it would have been higher.

this are people's money leave them there.
what rubbish is this.

3 Likes

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by lebete3000: 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
By Nairametrics Analysts

Source: Nairametrics

Bandits salivating on their next victim now...
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by iKingsley(m): 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2021
PENISgod:
Please guys is 25k salary a Month good for a single teenager living with his parents?
yes, it is
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 03, 2021
The Fact still remains , it is not the Federal Governments money .....do not eye other people's properties, by the time you check now, most of the money are probably own by the oil firms who needs it for their operations. ..... instead of Obanikoro Jnr to give up his seat and suggest Nigeria to have just one Senator from each state and safe us the burden of servicing all their pockets, he wants to give President Buhari more money to spend on Infrastructure that is not localize, if Nigerians are the one building all the components needed for the Rail projects or perhaps learn to build from the Chinese and then we go and build same for all other Africa countries, are we not all going to happy to transfer our debts to others, but no, we like quick fix. We have to face the reality that a countries wealth is determined by the wealth of majority of it's citizens not minority.... The President goal is to ensure he creates the enabling environment to make majority of Nigerians wealthy.

6 Likes

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by NiklauseFred(m): 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2021
PENISgod:

If you can manage ur finances pretty well,It will be a YES.

1 Like

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by Blitzerz: 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2021
Nomorelove:
See money

Another people money
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by DOTian: 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2021
SmartPolician:

I want to see a country that skills up its people so they can remotely work for foreign companies and bring FX home. That's called knowledge economy. Please we need to focus less on solid mineral exploration and extraction as a way of growing out FX revenue.

You have to start somewhere. I'm not even talking just about starting new areas in the sector. I'm talking about managing the current situation.. Nigeria is accountable for billions of dollars worth of solid minerals sells, yearly, that are NEVER recorded to the national treasury because a big chunk of that goes to illegal miners. . Not even Nigerian illegal miners. We're talking about Lebanese here. Arabs, Indians, Chinese and recently, fellow Africans. They come in here undocumented, bribe corrupt local officials and work with disgruntled locals to mine solid minerals and spirits these off through private jets to different parts of the world. South Africas economy is largely dependent on mining and they live better. If you add what is stolen from this country through oil and gas and solid minerals and make adequate accountability, you are going to have a solid financial base to tackle the kind of problems being discussed here. You can't simply depend on your citizens working for say foreign companies to do this. This is a relatively huge economy..

2 Likes

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by dapsoneh: 12:12pm On Oct 03, 2021
lifenija:
how do u even understand what dey talking bout or u just want to comment cause u dont have money in dollars
please, send me dollars
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by Princeton92(m): 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2021
Can even sponsor a year's national budget and even more @ N1.6trn oo.....
Imagine that!!!
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by wallrichy: 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2021
They have started gathering information of Domiciliary accounts so as to forcefully convert the money to Naira at their own fraudulent rate. Buhari and Emefiele finally about to bury the little surviving economic of this country...I see many indigenous and Nigeria owned company relocating abroad, I see most foreign investors selling their assets to return back to their country, I see Buhari sacking Emefiele and installing another clown from the forest of disaster of Futta Jallon to come and govern the CBN, I see China putting chains and clips on the neck of Buhari and his family.....this I see...wish I could see more....I also saw everybody carrying AK47 everywhere just like having your GSM phones with you or ladies carrying handbags....it's about to happen...Boko Haram and ISWAP occupying every parts of the north including Abuja and all southern senators and house reps ran away to their states cos afraid of being led by a Boko Haram speaker, then Boko Haram speaker gave ultimatum for them to come to the house or their property will be confiscated, I see Boko Haram president stripping many senators Naked on National TV and publicly dishing them lashes of Koboko and spitting on them, I see too much and I don't want to see again....I see Southern regions finally breaking away from the Boko Haram North....I see central Nigeria fighting seriously and negotiating with Boko Haram led government to be allowed to be part of the South....I don't want to see again cos have seen so much and tired of the perilous things that would happen....

1 Like

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by henryobinna(m): 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2021
PENISgod:
is a teenager not supposed to be single?
25k is good, save it while improving yourself academically and of course skill-wise.
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by Dagger111(m): 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Neither warren buffet nor Elon Musk have $16 Billion in cash.

Do u go to sch at all? I wrote Net Worth.

2 Likes

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by Mrquote: 12:17pm On Oct 03, 2021
PENISgod:
Yes is good you done buy food, so you could save check on the transportation also
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by pavoda: 12:17pm On Oct 03, 2021
its based on trial and error now and not sound economic theories?
DoggoneDogg:
“I am not the CBN Governor but at this moment, I’m of the opinion that CBN should mandate that all dom accounts be closed for the next 12 months. Let’s see the effect on the Naira. After all, you can’t go to any of the Western worlds and open a foreign currency account.” Obanikoro suggested.
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by CSTRR: 12:19pm On Oct 03, 2021

1 Like

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by markfem2: 12:24pm On Oct 03, 2021
DOTian:
The Federal government should go and be inventive about generating forex through exports and stop this shamelessly dubious attempt at dictating to people and corporations. It's not job of the government to lecture folks on how to manage their resources, especially when the said feds have failed woefully and repeatedly on issues like making good fiscal and monetary policies. The solid mineral sector alone is capable of shoring up the forex problems of the country but crooks, herdsmen and Jihadists are allowed to solidly control this sector while ripping off the country... It's insane.?
Wisdom dey your head

2 Likes

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by RealAlubarika(m): 12:27pm On Oct 03, 2021
PENISgod:

What's your level of education??

We rise by lifting others
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by clothingonline(m): 12:31pm On Oct 03, 2021
When sA is having less than 5b dollars in dom Acct why is foreign money kept this country needs serious investment and jobs created

1 Like

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by LordRaiden1: 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
Mad tin
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by damosade(m): 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
PENISgod:

No one can determine that for you..you know your self and financial capacity of your family.
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by nedekid: 12:34pm On Oct 03, 2021
SmartPolician:
Special Announcement!
If you have some money in your dorm account, go and withdraw it now. Better still, convert it to a cryptocurrency that is pegged to the US dollar. Nigeria is in desperate need of dollars and anything can happen.
Seriously considering pulling it and keeping under my pillow.
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by Revolva(m): 12:34pm On Oct 03, 2021
Imagine GTBANK sending me a message dat my dorm acc is not getting much inflow that they will soon render it dormant ...Imagine an ACC with 100usd saved there

Na Dem sabi Tommorrow I de go bank go Weller Dem ..abi Dem want me to de buy dollar de save inside
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by seunmsg(m): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
By the time we add what some folks are hiding in their bedroom and other secret places, we should have about $40billion.

3 Likes

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by bigpicture001: 12:36pm On Oct 03, 2021
PENISgod:

If we tell u NO.. na. We go find job for u?

1 Like

Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by TeeGentle(m): 12:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
yes it is still good
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by udemzyudex(m): 12:41pm On Oct 03, 2021
Lol.. $16b?

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? grin

Bubu go use am ooo
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by friday2011(m): 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2021
Ehnnnnn....so this pple dey take style check my balance?

If 1cent miss ehnn.

shocked grin grin grin
Re: Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion by AngelicBeing: 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen / Could You Start Up An Online Business? / Wazobia Investment Has Crashed PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.