Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,748 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment (15109 Views)

Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State / Dangote, Adenuga, Elumelu, Rabiu In France For Business Summit (Photos) / BUA Refinery: Pres. Macron Lauds Abdul Samad Rabiu As BUA Signs Deal With Axens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by verbalbullet(m): 9:51am On Oct 04, 2021
RIDE ON TELECOM GIANT
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by uchaymart(m): 9:57am On Oct 04, 2021
CXLVII:
After China Huawei hardwares have crippled its network. BABA is now running to France.

At a time, he started in France with Alcatel Lucent when GLO network was top notch, and now going back home.

Baba You are a core network engineer...please link us up na
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:59am On Oct 04, 2021
CXLVII:

You said it all!

The moment he ditched Alcatel, his woes started. The glaring fact that Huawei copied Alcatel made Baba to think it will replicate Alcatel’s reliability and integrity, but that’s when it’s network plummeted. And Adenuga should have definitely known that nothing good comes cheap

And MTN also has been using the cheap hardwares across Nigeria but won’t use it in major cities.

What do MTN use in major cities
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by uchaymart(m): 9:59am On Oct 04, 2021
Zetty177x:
The big issue I have with Glo is that u buy data and then, they transfer 30% to night browsing. Like who the heck does that? I have thrown my Glo line for over a year cos of this. Geez, it's so so annoying. Who is their Managing Director or Customer care Manager?
And the night browsing data expires in 2days time...

1 Like

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Feelings79: 10:01am On Oct 04, 2021
skj1377:
The problem I have with this deal is rising cost of dollar. At a point the purchasing power of the rural subscribers will not be able to meet dollarised international payment obligations and that will impact on the business going towards. 10 unit of E1 via satellite had a subscription of $1million yearly but then naira was N150 to dollar this translates to N150million naira. Now N570 to $ this will translate to N570million. On the average a Bts may need 1E1 to function properly except you use time slots or deploy additional hardware like compression equipment. How do you make N570million from 10 Bts in rural areas.
Sorry for bothering you Sir, since you sound like a professional can you kindly explain to me the benefits a rural dweller like me stand to gain from this?does it mean I could now start downloading via satellite straight down on my phone? What does it really translate into for a regular glo subscriber like me? thanks for your help
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 04, 2021
Dr Mike taking time to read every clause of the agreement. Satellite deployment would be great, limits physical access to telecommunication infrastructure ... President Marcron is really key in getting Contracts for French companies, wish Baba could do same.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:08am On Oct 04, 2021
obyrich:
But Airtel is using the same Chinese products (Huawei and ZTE) to beat Glo.
Airtel switched to Nokia
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Feelings79: 10:11am On Oct 04, 2021
adeowo84:

My brother you don't get it, when you subscribe for data, you actually get ur main data cap, we in glo now bless you with extra night bonus to be use between the hours of 12 and 5 am...e.g #500 is for 800mb + 550 night bonus.
We are the first to do this and always the first I telecommunications. Pick up ur Sim and stay connected, bless you
Please tell your management to work on improving your now collapsing network.I'm one of the pioneer users of glo and I tell you the network was top notch in terms of internet speed and voice clarity.I don't know what suddenly went wrong with you guys, nowadays It's nothing but crap

1 Like

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:24am On Oct 04, 2021
skj1377:
The problem I have with this deal is rising cost of dollar. At a point the purchasing power of the rural subscribers will not be able to meet dollarised international payment obligations and that will impact on the business going towards. 10 unit of E1 via satellite had a subscription of $1million yearly but then naira was N150 to dollar this translates to N150million naira. Now N570 to $ this will translate to N570million. On the average a Bts may need 1E1 to function properly except you use time slots or deploy additional hardware like compression equipment. How do you make N570million from 10 Bts in rural areas.

E1s are much cheaper than that nowadays.

Besides IP over Ethernet is being used increasingly as carrier due to its bandwidth flexibility and provisioning ease. It's also cheaper in the long run.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:27am On Oct 04, 2021
CUMIN:
This guy should do away with France and try other market...their equipment have not served you well yet you still go back there...mumu business man.
Mumu businessmen... Really?
Adenuga is more shrewd and ruthless than even dangote
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:29am On Oct 04, 2021
ocelot2006:

Nope, I don't work for Huawei. But if I'm to choose btw a Huawei RTN series PDH MW radios over say Alcatel AWY PDH radios, BROS I will go for the former in a heartbeat. But that's my opinion.

Why
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by donhils: 10:58am On Oct 04, 2021
lasheun:
Honestly.
I just Love the Glo people.
Only network that deduct call cost from bonus first before going to main balance.
I love Globacom.
MTN does the same too.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Young042galaxy: 11:24am On Oct 04, 2021
donhils:

MTN does the same too.
U lied big time.
Mtn is worse network to use.
I wonder what you guys see in that network that their gift is like Satan gift.
Mtn will give you call bonus but starts deducting from ur main account and sometimes, they will make sure that ur main account gets to zero b4 they touch the bonus they gave you.
But you see GLO, they can never try that no matter the amount of calls you make. Ur bonus must finish b4 they can deduct 1k from your main account.
Guess what?
I make free calls from my glo line to all networks. Sometimes, I do have upto 30k bonus for calls. I only recharge for data and use the bonus for calls and Glo internet services have never failed me.
I have MTN but recharging it is like wasting my money on irrelevant stuff.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by dejol88: 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
ocelot2006:

Nope, I don't work for Huawei. But if I'm to choose btw a Huawei RTN series PDH MW radios over say Alcatel AWY PDH radios, BROS I will go for the former in a heartbeat. But that's my opinion.
Your choice sha.

Because na copy work Huawei do for their MW radios. And Alcatel Lucent MW far better and rugged than Huawei brands.
Ask any Glo old staff who have both worked on both equipment.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by BigBashiru: 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by AndikanEssien(m): 12:36pm On Oct 04, 2021
lasheun:

Dem sure die.
Not like those red,yellow and green yeye not work.
Bunch of scammers �.

Na people wey no de use GLO de always complain about GLO. That's good I used to criticize GLO those days until my wife started telling me the benefits she was getting with GLO, Omo, I gave it a try and since then I've got no regrets

1 Like

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by obyrich(m): 12:41pm On Oct 04, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Airtel switched to Nokia
Transmission or BSS? Which region?
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by BigBashiru: 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
naptu2:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/10/03/globacom-signs-deal-with-eutelsat-of-france-for-satellite-deployment/

Do not do business with French businesses. France does not mean well for Africa and is responsible for impoverishing and ongoing colonization of African States....

When will Nigerians learn??
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by lasheun: 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
Mtn does more empowerment programs from what they are stealing from you via their poor Network.
I was an MTN Sim card user and mehn, i ported to Etisalat because of MTN's poor network and etisalat too was worse, so i settle for Airtel while i retain Glo as my business line.
As far as I'm concern, MTN is a scam.
When i was using their service, people would call me and say i wasn't picking up my calls but on my phone, it wasn't ringing grin.
Very bad.
donhils:

MTN does the same too.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by weblord1900: 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2021
LieDetector:
If it will make for a faster internet, then it will be a welcome development. Aside that, I don't really give a flying fvck
I think there are other important things that comes with satellite other than making the internet faster.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by zomby(m): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2021
You can trust Mike, the man knows when and how to make big moves. This latest move will not only improve their network, but also move glo to the top of the ladder.

You spend big money to make more big money.

Glo with pride!
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by donhils: 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
Young042galaxy:

U lied big time.
Mtn is worse network to use.
I wonder what you guys see in that network that their gift is like Satan gift.
Mtn will give you call bonus but starts deducting from ur main account and sometimes, they will make sure that ur main account gets to zero b4 they touch the bonus they gave you.
But you see GLO, they can never try that no matter the amount of calls you make. Ur bonus must finish b4 they can deduct 1k from your main account.
Guess what?
I make free calls from my glo line to all networks. Sometimes, I do have upto 30k bonus for calls. I only recharge for data and use the bonus for calls and Glo internet services have never failed me.
I have MTN but recharging it is like wasting my money on irrelevant stuff.
My dear we live in different worlds. The reverse of everything you said is the case for me with Glo. MTN on the other hand is very good for me. Their bonuses finish first before they touch my main balance. And for someone saying MTN misbehaves on calls, really Well I don't know
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by zomby(m): 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2021
donhils:

My dear we live in different worlds. The reverse of everything you said is the case for me with Glo. MTN on the other hand is very good for me. Their bonuses finish first before they touch my main balance. And for someone saying MTN misbehaves on calls, really Well I don't know
Stick to what works for you.

Just like anything in Nigeria, Glo May not be a perfect network, but something tells me that Glo is ready to take the bull by the horns.

I’ll take Glo any time any day.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Gfskw: 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
Weakest network in nigeria
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by zomby(m): 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
By the way, Glo is the first network in Nigeria that introduced smartphones (blackberry).
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by zomby(m): 4:35pm On Oct 04, 2021
Gfskw:
Weakest network in nigeria
The weakest network in Nigeria worth over $6b.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by zomby(m): 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2021
Glo with pride!

1 Like

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by tosaino95(m): 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2021
DWJOBScom:

Their internet service is the best for me o It depends on where you are living o It's so perfect
Where do you stay
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by DWJOBScom(m): 5:20pm On Oct 04, 2021
tosaino95:
Where do you stay

Where the service is awesome

1 Like

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by tradepunter: 5:23pm On Oct 04, 2021
SIRTee15:

So how come huawei is the largest telecommunication hardware manufacturer and supplier in the world.

Which kain useless talk is this??

Biggest where Men please search for facts before speaking
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by SIRTee15: 6:38pm On Oct 04, 2021
tradepunter:

Which kain useless talk is this??

Biggest where Men please search for facts before speaking

https://telecomstechnews.com/news/2018/mar/19/huawei-largest-telecoms-vendor/

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202103/1217854.shtml

I admit u quite sound in the area of telecommunication..but that doesn't make u master of know all.
Be humble and learn.
Btw I was simply curious as to how they were able to corner the telecom market within a short period of time despite inferior equipment.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by tradepunter: 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
SIRTee15:

https://telecomstechnews.com/news/2018/mar/19/huawei-largest-telecoms-vendor/

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202103/1217854.shtml

I admit u quite sound in the area of telecommunication..but that doesn't make u master of know all.
Be humble and learn.
Btw I was simply curious as to how they were able to corner the telecom market within a short period of time despite inferior equipment.

Hahahaha you linked me up with a CHINESE CCP mouthpiece... THE GLOBAL TIMES?

lorrdddddd this is absurd abeg dy go...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria, One Of Top 10 Global Economies – US Govt / How To Open A Fuel Filling Station? / Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.