Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment (15131 Views)

Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State / Dangote, Adenuga, Elumelu, Rabiu In France For Business Summit (Photos) / BUA Refinery: Pres. Macron Lauds Abdul Samad Rabiu As BUA Signs Deal With Axens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by luluosas(m): 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
Good
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by ocelot2006(m): 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
dejol88:

Your choice sha.

Because na copy work Huawei do for their MW radios. And Alcatel Lucent MW far better and rugged than Huawei brands.
Ask any Glo old staff who have both worked on both equipment.

Yeah, about that....I've worked on both...
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by skj1377(m): 11:29pm On Oct 04, 2021
It translates to better accessibility to all voice and internet facilities as obtains in urbane areas.it also means rapid deployment of telecommunication services to remote areas and difficult terraine. A good example is mambila plateau or the other mountainous regions in Taraba state "gambu". I can't remember the spelling at the moment. 48 hours deployment of infrastructure besides this technology is suitable for 4g provided latency falls within tolerable limited. Just imagine 3g and 4g in a remote village far from all civilization. That's the only sense I can make of this deal.
Feelings79:
Sorry for bothering you Sir, since you sound like a professional can you kindly explain to me the benefits a rural dweller like me stand to gain from this?does it mean I could now start downloading via satellite straight down on my phone? What does it really translate into for a regular glo subscriber like me? thanks for your help
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Feelings79: 10:02am On Oct 05, 2021
skj1377:
It translates to better accessibility to all voice and internet facilities as obtains in urbane areas.it also means rapid deployment of telecommunication services to remote areas and difficult terraine. A good example is mambila plateau or the other mountainous regions in Taraba state "gambu". I can't remember the spelling at the moment. 48 hours deployment of infrastructure besides this technology is suitable for 4g provided latency falls within tolerable limited. Just imagine 3g and 4g in a remote village far from all civilization. That's the only sense I can make of this deal.
Thanks for your kindness,God bless
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Zetty177x: 10:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
adeowo84:

My brother you don't get it, when you subscribe for data, you actually get ur main data cap, we in glo now bless you with extra night bonus to be use between the hours of 12 and 5 am...e.g #500 is for 800mb + 550 night bonus.
We are the first to do this and always the first I telecommunications. Pick up ur Sim and stay connected, bless you

I sleep at 10 to wake at 5. Why the Bleep should I be awake at 12- 5am

1 Like

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by JohnWich(m): 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
zomby:
By the way, Glo is the first network in Nigeria that introduced smartphones (blackberry).
Also, the first to introduce per-second billing and even drive down the price of data consistently but a lot of people will never understand but have a strong opinion of topics they know nothing about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC / NIPOST Returned My Missing Packages​..my Nairaland Success Story! / Fire Razes Samek Line at Ariaria, Aba (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.