Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs (19596 Views)

BRACED Commission: South South Govs Should Focus On Entrepreneurship - Siasia / FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money / 2023: Six South Govs Insist On PDP Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by Elliot2(m): 8:50am On Oct 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
We need a Southerner that will be serious about true federalism in Nigeria.

I was so disappointed in GEJ cause I thought he will really work towards shedding the power of the FG.

Nobody challenge some of the Northern states on Sharia law and is enforcement, but Una wan challenge Southern Governors on anti grazing law.
Idiot! What do you want to do with true federalism in one zoogeria? Anything other than separation from those demons from the sahel is tantamount to stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by Fejoku: 8:50am On Oct 04, 2021
We need the alcohol selling/ bar owners association of Nigeria to take Hisbah to court over the destruction of their constitutional backed businesses. We shall see who will win the case.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by loveth360(f): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2021
Elliot2:
I thought you have denounced them, so why the love again?
Denounced who?
Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by cybersoldiers: 8:52am On Oct 04, 2021
Elliot2:
I thought you have denounced them, so why the love again?

That's why you YorubaNistan Talibans have been on the offensive against IPOB? Just to make Igbo's hate IPOB?

IPOB is the real Igbo.

Any Igbo that's not IPOB is YorubaNistan Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by PenpalOso: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2021
Ibkhaleel01:
You fight Fulanis in your land, lie against them, chase them away. Even those who aren't Fulanis, you accuse them of being Fulanis for either being Muslims or beings Christians associating with Muslims.
When your brethren commit havoc and institute mayhem, you heap it on Fulanis.
And you think that is racial harmony?
Oponu! That is racism!
Remove the iroko tree in your eyes before stretching your mouth against

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2021
Fejoku:

If you still think it's all about herding of cattle or grazing, then I can say you're far from knowing their intentions.

Maybe they are thinking of invading and conquering...but that means years of unnecessary warfare, and crisis after crisis.(because the farmer tribes in this country aren't powerless, and the Army and Police aren't 100% fulani either. At some point they won't see thesmelves as defenders of one side.)

At the end, everyone loses...most especially the herdsmen.

Let them fix the railways, they can use rail to transport their cows, problem solved. Let's also fix our justice system too

I know some people have bonkers ideas of tribal and religion domination, but carrying out their ideas in practice won't end well for them. Times have changed.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by Elliot2(m): 8:53am On Oct 04, 2021
loveth360:
Denounced who?
ESN. After the zoo terrorist killed late Akuinyili, and their propaganda machines tried to blame ESN.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by cybersoldiers: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2021
loveth360:
Denounced who?

Don't mind the terrorist YorubaNistan Taliban.

They're shameless hypocrites.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by FakeUnity: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2021
Benuejosh the buffoon go pick race from this thread. Mugu. grin
Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by jimmynauty: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2021
Misleading topic

1 Like

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by saintrow1: 8:54am On Oct 04, 2021
They have lost the war and the battle. I can't wait for S.w governors to ban the sale of cows. People should go and eat goat, sheep, chicken, turkey, fish etc. Ever since yoruba people have started eating Fulani cows, we've had high growth of cancer in yorubaland.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by zoedew: 8:54am On Oct 04, 2021
duro4chang:
There was a judgment many years back which pronounced open grazing illegal and since then the judgment has not been appealed.
THEY WON'T DARE. THEY ARE SURE TO LOSE. THOMPSON J RULED CORRECTLY.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by b3llo(m): 8:54am On Oct 04, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
middle belt and all northern Christians will never join any fight against the Easterners again.
The northern Muslim uses the northern Christian as a willing tool to ride to power and dominate. It's time for northern Christian to resist their rich Muslim oppressors
Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:56am On Oct 04, 2021
Asgard73:
Islamization have only succeeded in Yoruba land ..and won’t go beyond.

Fulani herdsmen are still terrorizing that end .. but they choose to be silent.

Apc government should understand their quest failed already.. even if Hope collect all billions from them .. e no go work for igboland.
Finally they will go back to kastina shamelessly..

Fools ...

Una wan spread Islam using cattle and animal nonsenses..
next Na to built masarachi and entice indigenes with money.. then start plotting how to take over local government then state..

If una no succeed for Jos and Benue .. Na igboland una wan succeed.

Apc is evil... Na who no go Dey defend them
You type like a retård
Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by Elliot2(m): 8:56am On Oct 04, 2021
cybersoldiers:

That's why you YorubaNistan Talibans have been on the offensive against IPOB? Just to make Igbo's hate IPOB?

IPOB is the real Igbo.

Any Igbo that's not IPOB is YorubaNistan Igbo.
My guy, I dey your side. I am the only true ijaw man who is a diehard Baifran. I thought I saw that monicker once denounce ESN after the zoo terrorists propaganda machjnes tried to blame late Akuinyili's death on ESN.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 04, 2021
Reference:

Why do I feel you want to use Goodluck Jonathan as a blanket to keep warm in this prolonged winter. Did you not bring in a 'better' goverment to 'change' Nigeria. What have you done to force or persuade them to implement the resolutions of the 2014 National confab, the baby steps towards restructuring?....

Oga, let us take responsibility for our poor, uninformed choices at the polls and our cowardice and irresponsibility in trying to repair the damage ever since. I hope this will be amended in 2023 so that we will not end up blaming Mr. Buhari and the APC for the rest of our lives.
Immediately GEJ became the president, he said, there was nothing to talk about the unity of Nigeria, the Unity of Nigeria is non-negotiable according to GEJ

When he saw the handwriting on the wall he will lose the 2015 General election, he organised a useless confab and even said there "where no go areas".

Why didn't he organise the Confab in 2011 or 2012, so as to have enough time in implementing it?

He could have also start throwing a lot of things away from the Exclusive list into the Concurrent list.

See forget am, GEJ was a useless president, more useless than GMB.

There is no meaningful and sane thing someone can point to in his administration.

See the kin useless people he sold power to? I think the Bayelsa state Government also bidded to be generating power in Bayelsa state, he overruled it.

GEJ presidency was useless to the South.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by stinechykee: 8:59am On Oct 04, 2021
dre11:
......Police differ on enforcement

https://punchng.com/anti-open-grazing-law-fg-backs-herders-planned-suit-against-south-govs-police-differ-on-enforcement/
I have never seen people as useless as Southern governors and their Senators.When 12th Northern State make Sharia law during that useless Olusegun Obasanjo time Southern counterpart was at home with with Sharia law to a point that Olusegun Obasanjo was the one that gave them necessary support but whenever Southern governors want to creat their own laws Northern governors will counter it.Take for instance,the law prohibiting alcohol in the North by Sharia law it did not only go smoothly but Hisbah Sharia Police have been enforcing it and also destroying Southern alcohol and none of the coward Southern governors have said anything or take them to court.Children of hate from South West will not see anything in this but if Igbos decided to go after those greedy and coward Igbo governors,Ohaneze Ndioshi and politicians they will land like Pig and Vultures to start putting mouth on what that does not concern them

1 Like

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by BadBradley: 8:59am On Oct 04, 2021
dre11:

https://punchng.com/anti-open-grazing-law-fg-backs-herders-planned-suit-against-south-govs-police-differ-on-enforcement/
So the river's state CP wants the government to present him with the copy of the law?

What an illiterate idiot.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by IMASTEX: 9:00am On Oct 04, 2021
DogmaNation:
Fulani dirty terrorist!
They only want Islamic System of Government, sadly for the entire country. So they can keep enslaving their blind followers, while they themselves enjoy the best the western has to offer.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 04, 2021
stinechykee:
I have never seen people as useless as Southern governors and their Senators.When 12th Northern State make Sharia law during that useless Olusegun Obasanjo time Southern counterpart was at home with with Sharia law to a point that Olusegun Obasanjo was the one that gave them necessary support but whenever Southern governors want to creat their own laws Northern governors will counter it.Take for instance,the law prohibiting alcohol in the North by Sharia law it did not only go smoothly but Hisbah Sharia Police have been enforcing it and also destroying Southern alcohol and none of the coward Southern governors have said anything or take them to court.Children of hate from South West will not see anything in this but if Igbos decided to go after those greedy and coward Igbo governors,Ohaneze Ndioshi and politicians they will land like Pig and Vultures to start putting mouth on what that does not concern them
Who is stopping Igbo Governors from suing them?
Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:

I was so disappointed in GEJ cause I thought he will really work towards shedding the power of the FG.

Nobody challenge some of the Northern states on Sharia law and is enforcement, but Una wan challenge Southern Governors on anti grazing law.

1.Sharia was provided for in the laws of the country (how it got there is a long story of arguments and fighting)..but the thing is, it was restricted to states that accepted it, and not extended to the whole country (and anyway, the thing was a political gimmick....see how Zamfara looks like after over 20 years of Sharia...plus many of them Northern states...it is obviously not working..). If they went to the Supreme court...the Court would rule against any challenge...because 'it is in the constitution' (and having the Supreme court declare the rule unconstiutional..which would be right since we are a 'secular country'..theoretically, in practice we are a religous and multicultural country amounts to the Court usurping the place of the legislature...whose duty it is to pass laws.)

Note that I am thoroughly against Sharia law...and view a secular system of justice for Nigeria as the least bad of a whole lot of terrible alternatives

Again, why there wasn't much opposition to Sharia...it was not extended to the whole country. And it hasn't really been that effective anyway(because it was all for poltiics, and to have as a tool to threaten the center for concessions)

2.Grazing laws affect freedom of movement, which is a different thing. (Essentially the problem with the law is that it is discrimatory against one tribe...and if allowed to stand, could in extreme circumstances lead to states passing laws against freedom of movement based on tribe. Of course, the anti grazing law is discrminatroy against fulanis moving with cows across the country, not fulanis travelling from Lagos to say Enugu to do business...but as histroy teaches us the road to hell is paved with good intentions.) All in all, anyway, while I agree with the grazing laws, I also would like it if alternatives like the railways are fixed properly so that we can have an end to roaming with cows.

3.As for restructuring...the truth is, no one has been able to come up with a defintion of restructruing that would be acceptable to all...and also none of our Southern presendents have been interested in restructuring...

Plus it has become a poltiical tool. Parties talk about restructring when they want votes...not when they are in power.

But even then, we have national and state assemblies...and what they are doing vis a vis vat and anti-grazing is restructring by other means. No need for a national confrence...plus we have room for ammendments in our constuttion...if polticians and people are willing to do the hard work.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by emonis88: 9:10am On Oct 04, 2021
Sai! Sai!! Sai!!! Baba!!!! . I dey help them dey shout now o! Them no wan shout Sai baba again? Servers Nigerians right, Una eye don clear? Abi una need more to know n make ur eyes clear?
Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by stinechykee: 9:10am On Oct 04, 2021
dre11:

I don't know what is wrong with this Malami,must he always come out openly to fight for the interest of North,ain't this man suppose to be AGF for the whole Nigerians?? Well I trust ESN and UGM to do their job when those cow fuckers step foot in any South East if Sophisticated people from South West like let them keep on criticising them for protecting South East instead of looking for a way to make sure that their coward and useless Amotekun are working like ESN and UGM we don't give a damn
Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by stinechykee: 9:12am On Oct 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Who is stopping Igbo Governors from suing them?
Ofcourse Igbos already know that Igbo governors and politicians are useless and coward that is why we are dealing with them but you people that suffering and smiling will not mind your business and allow us deal with them
Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by TechSkill: 9:14am On Oct 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:

You post annoys me about GEJ because you are no different from him going by this comment of yours.

One thing you must understand is that the SOUTH is completely ignorant of what NIGERIA truly is. As a matter of fact, 99% of us in the South are foolish. We are just waking up because we have access to the internet and every information that were once controlled and buried are coming to light. This is happening because you cannot control the distribution of online information because the internet is decentralized to a large extent.

We are the ones being patriotic but the North does not abide by the rules of this country. They only go by the rules of the North and also never afraid of establishing it wherever they are. To give you an idea of this, last week, Malami said using Twitter is AGAINST THE PENAL CODE OF NORTHERN NIGERIA.

What does that mean to you? Think. I want you to ponder on what Malami has said.

Now coming back to your perception of GEJ... You cannot blame him. He was just being typical Southerner... a MUMU. He thinks there is actually a country called Nigeria. You are no different from GEJ. Before 2015, did you see Nigeria the way you see it now? You were probably subscribing to "One Nigeria"

The North will force "One Nigeria" on you but they don't subscribe to it. Do you know why? They are buying time.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by Racoon(m): 9:14am On Oct 04, 2021
Maxymilliano:
This is where you see the terrorist government comes alive and a further pointer to killer herders enjoying the backing and support of the Buhari led Government.
This is a more reason why this failed shithole contraption of a nation under the jihadist must be separated.We can't continue to live with terrorists or blood shedders
cc Saaron.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 04, 2021
The man that saw tomorrow!

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by 77up(m): 9:26am On Oct 04, 2021
Asgard73:
Islamization have only succeeded in Yoruba land ..and won’t go beyond.

Fulani herdsmen are still terrorizing that end .. but they choose to be silent.

Apc government should understand their quest failed already.. even if Hope collect all billions from them .. e no go work for igboland.
Finally they will go back to kastina shamelessly..

Fools ...

Una wan spread Islam using cattle and animal nonsenses..
next Na to built masarachi and entice indigenes with money.. then start plotting how to take over local government then state..

If una no succeed for Jos and Benue .. Na igboland una wan succeed.

Apc is evil... Na who no go Dey defend them
Almost all Yoruba states have signed the open grazing agreement and our governors were present during the Southern governors forum last month while all or most of your governors didn't show up.

The stupid killing ongoing in up north now ,the lesser of it is in East as we speak . They tried that rubbish kidnapping last week in Lagos and they were all arrested yesterday.

Compare and contrast, get sense and stop hating on Yoruba, your opinion on Yoruba does not matter, you are inconsequential in all ramifications, you don't exist in the scheme of things as far as Yoruba is concerned, you begin and ends here on social media.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by Theunbothered: 9:35am On Oct 04, 2021
The federal government has been overtaken by terrorists and terror sympathisers.

Every move to check these killers has been blocked because the government wants to protect their invading brothers.

Zombies won't say anything because they are getting crumbs or become because they want to spite other tribes meanwhile their lands are burning.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 04, 2021
Senator Abaribe ( My great senator)
Agu na eche mba!

Nigerian Army launches Operation Golden Dawn in Southern Nigeria!
Let the killing spree begin !
Ndigbo keep warning all yall; Indegenous Nigerians, but the Fulanis keep making up lies; and propaganda's to make yall to hate us ;
We cant destroy Nigeria like them;
You cant destroy your indigenous home land.

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by Myhusband(m): 9:46am On Oct 04, 2021
ever since this banning of open grazing had been concluded by the southern gov, there is little record of farmers losing their lives carelessly

this is an evidence that, Fulani herdsmen terrorising our farms will be things of the past when the ban on open grazing is diligently and passionately enforce

Fulani are just bunch of dumb people, I mean how can you've your son as number 1 and spoil his govt. to think they will use Buhari to takeover Nigeria in this 21 century is height of foolishness and insanity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs by KaptainAfrika: 9:47am On Oct 04, 2021
IS IT NOW NOT CLEAR ON WHOSE SIDE BUBU IS ON ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Suspended Official Meetings To Allow Muslims Observe Solat – Saidu / NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate / FG Appoints 5 New Directors, General Manager For NCAA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.