Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown (43113 Views)

Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) / Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement / See How Okada Overloaded Schoolchildren Going To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by Rexwalters1: 8:49am On Oct 05, 2021
depezee:

You are quick to report and condemn gunmen shooting and forcing people to obey sit-at-home order but can't report the decay of federal infrastructures in South East, security men extorting motorists on the south east roads, herdsmen kidnapping/killing innocent people, security men carrying out extrajudicial killing of innocent people in the South East and e.t.c.

Big shame on you!
Yesterday @ Chevron Ajah, it was an Igbo Police Officer out of the lot that mandated I give them something or I won’t move, although all my car papers was intact, the oppressors are the ones complaining on line the most?

1 Like

Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by caleboxylic: 8:50am On Oct 05, 2021
Seeksnigeria:
Update from

Panic rocked Owerri, the capital city of Imo State as gunmen reportedly went around shooting and chasing those who weren't obeying the sit-at-home order today, Siggy reports.

School Children were pictured running home from school at around 10a.m in the morning as the gunmen went around to enforce the order.

IPOB had declared that there will be a sit-at-home every Monday to protest the arrest of its leader, Nnamdi Kanu. The sit-at-home was later cancelled but people who try to go about their businesses in the South-East on Mondays are usually harassed.

Today, October 4, there was sporadic shooting as gunmen went after those who were going about their businesses in Owerri.

Schoolchildren and teachers had to run home. Banks, hotels, shops and other workplaces were also hastily closed as the gunmen went around at 10am today.

Parents closed their businesses for the day and ran to schools, looking for their kids.

Street hawkers, bike riders, bus drivers, and other service providers also ran away, leaving streets deserted.

https:///owerri-school-children-run-helter-skelter-as-gunmen-enforce-lockdown-photo/

This was caused by the useless media in Nigeria. There was no enforcement by any group nor IPOB. I drove from Enugu to Asaba yesterday and I didn't encounter any obstacle .
The media should stop exaggerating the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by Hyphy(m): 8:50am On Oct 05, 2021
richmond500:
Nothing serious, just a normal thing in AfghanEASTERN

You had me man grin

1 Like

Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by scokoro: 8:50am On Oct 05, 2021
What they all fail to learn is that some time in the future the kids who are traumatized would not be normal kids. The unintended consequence of these acts would be smeared on the faces of their children for both the leaders and their subjects. First it started with hotels everywhere, exposing the little angels to the indecent lives of those wayward girls who claim to be students.

Now, gunshots usher them into their mornings, fear follows all day and they think they are meaning well for their families.
No sinner would go unpunished.
You enforce sit-at-home order and not share food to them. You think the government would be touched and even those who need medical care would die in their houses just for the government to yield to your request. No body is worth anybody's blood. The doctors are on strike and it doesn't move people to ask for other ways to do this. I weep for my people.

1 Like

Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by depezee(m): 8:50am On Oct 05, 2021
Abdul4trust1:
this is how Boko Haram started in the north east when people were taking sides with them. They should keep it up

Cry me a river!
Then mind your business and let them be.
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by Emmasnoop(m): 8:52am On Oct 05, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Why shooting guns to force people to sit at home if truly every easterners are n solidarity with the declaration ?
nor go there everybody wants it but is only few that is ready to die to achieve it.
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by infohenry(m): 8:52am On Oct 05, 2021
Onote author=Joysticks post=106458513]Ordinary sit-at-home on Mondays na him be say south east dey boil?Why government dey declare public holidays for 3 days to mark or celebrate an event?It seems the northern politicians are more concern about a day sit at home in the east than the daily killings, kidnapping and destruction of properties in their domain.[/quote]. Onye nzuzu, it is only failure will celebrate the nonsense going in imo state, it is a case failures trying to bring everyone to their level. You are broke because of you not government.
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by bot101(m): 8:52am On Oct 05, 2021
benuejosh:
Prove and decide using common factors that IPOB is the same as Boko Haram.

Solution...

BOKO HARAM = Use guns, knives and explosives
IPOB = Use Guns, Knives, petrol, matches and sticks.
It therefore means they both carry illegal weapons such as guns to kill.

If,
BOKO HARAM = Mali, Niger
IPOB = Ousted tribe from Israel (as they claim)
it therefore means they are foreigners.

If,
BOKO HARAM = Western EDUCATION is a sin.
IPOB = EDUCATION is prohibited.
They are both against education and enlightenment.

It therefore proves and satisfy that,
IPOB = BOKO HARAM.

Decision:
IPOB need to be eliminated as they pose great danger to the peaceful existence of Nigeria.

For your mind now, you don do analysis ba?
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by foreshore(m): 8:53am On Oct 05, 2021
Seeksnigeria:
Update from

Panic rocked Owerri, the capital city of Imo State as gunmen reportedly went around shooting and chasing those who weren't obeying the sit-at-home order today, Siggy reports.

School Children were pictured running home from school at around 10a.m in the morning as the gunmen went around to enforce the order.

IPOB had declared that there will be a sit-at-home every Monday to protest the arrest of its leader, Nnamdi Kanu. The sit-at-home was later cancelled but people who try to go about their businesses in the South-East on Mondays are usually harassed.

Today, October 4, there was sporadic shooting as gunmen went after those who were going about their businesses in Owerri.

Schoolchildren and teachers had to run home. Banks, hotels, shops and other workplaces were also hastily closed as the gunmen went around at 10am today.

Parents closed their businesses for the day and ran to schools, looking for their kids.

Street hawkers, bike riders, bus drivers, and other service providers also ran away, leaving streets deserted.

https:///owerri-school-children-run-helter-skelter-as-gunmen-enforce-lockdown-photo/

Igbo's are their problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by danot1030: 8:53am On Oct 05, 2021
Let's help the ipob defender blame it on DSS

1 Like

Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by MEGAWATCH: 8:54am On Oct 05, 2021
benuejosh:
Prove and decide using common factors that IPOB is the same as Boko Haram.

Solution...

BOKO HARAM = Use guns, knives and explosives
IPOB = Use Guns, Knives, petrol, matches and sticks.
It therefore means they both carry illegal weapons such as guns to kill.

If,
BOKO HARAM = Mali, Niger
IPOB = Ousted tribe from Israel (as they claim)
it therefore means they are foreigners.

If,
BOKO HARAM = Western EDUCATION is a sin.
IPOB = EDUCATION is prohibited.
They are both against education and enlightenment.

It therefore proves and satisfy that,
IPOB = BOKO HARAM.

Decision:
IPOB need to be eliminated as they pose great danger to the peaceful existence of Nigeria.

����
Peaceful existence of Nigeria while people are being flog in Ekiti and Oyo village for challenging the bandit Fulani herdsmen.

I never knew you were a clown o!
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by Curious345: 8:55am On Oct 05, 2021
With the recent military deployment in the southeast, I will safely assume these ugm/ESN operatives shall soon be smoked out
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by Angelfrost(m): 8:56am On Oct 05, 2021
Nukilia:
Nigerians should support the division of this country into Northern and Southern protectorate. Let's have a Northern President and a Southern President.

Northerners won't even have an issue with that...

But, you see your Southerners... SMH!!!

This Southern Nigerian dream will remain just that.
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by Bigchristo: 8:57am On Oct 05, 2021
Rexwalters1:
As usual they will look for a fall guy, & blame President Buhari for their own ignorance.
Federal government started the whole problem, by deploying military to crackdown on peaceful protesters and proscribed them terrorist group, even went as far as arresting NMK in a foreign country, I have never seen where self determination becomes crime only those who don’t read the United nation laws on self determination that will be talking nonsense
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by ensamy(m): 8:57am On Oct 05, 2021
Angelfrost:
A friend just lost her father to ill health because of the actions of these Igbo lowlifes...

They couldn't take the dad for his scheduled dialysis, had to bring the poor man back home... He died this morning.

There so many other known and largely unknown instances like this...

You idiots will keep telling yourselves that it's a "small sacrifice" for the greater good or actualization of some fantasy. But, you are merely killing the zeal in the hearts and souls of your very own people. They will eventually turn against you all, and become willing tools in the hands of FG to be rid of you.

You claim not be involved in the actions of UGM, but have never spoken out against them or made moves to protect the Innocents. You want people to keep staying indoors but no provision for their health, feeding, nor safety...

So, how are you now different from the useless FG who imposed lockdown last year?!! You see how George Orwell's Animal Farm scenario is playing out here... Igbos are clearly jumping from frying pan to fire with this move from untrained, overzealous, clearly poorly educated criminals, who are running with nothing but selfishness and hate.
Bruh no sane igbo man can be doing this against ndi igbo. IPOB has distanced themselves from the sit at home order. Now who are behind this.
It might be a conspiracy against ndi igbo.
Every Monday they come out and the security agencies can't track them and teach them the language they understand.

1 Like

Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by Christistruth00: 9:01am On Oct 05, 2021
Seeksnigeria:
Update from

Boko Haram now has IPOB carrying out their objective of disrupting Western Education for them in the South East
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by Angelfrost(m): 9:01am On Oct 05, 2021
jumper524:
This na unemployed youths vs the masses.
Make all of us kukun broke na watin den dey enforce.

You are wise...

I keep telling them. These trouble makers are unemployed and idle miscreants. The rate of unemployment in that region, especially Imo State is beyond mind-blowing.

If ShopRite and other big investments leave, anarchy of high proportion will begin. A lot of these people

1 Like

Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by Angelfrost(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2021
ensamy:

Bruh no sane igbo man can be doing this against ndi igbo. IPOB has distanced themselves from the sit at home order. Now who are behind this.
It might be a conspiracy against ndi igbo.
Every Monday they come out and the security agencies can't track them and teach them the language they understand.

Then Ipob and Ndigbo should mobilize the people against them!

Silence is tantamount to complicity.

You don't allow your state and region fall into the hands of lowlifes or hired guns.
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by OmoEpe(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2021
Nukilia:
Nigerians should support the division of this country into Northern and Southern protectorate. Let's have a Northern President and a Southern President.

We Yorubas will never be grouped in the same place with people that visit their land with destructions. In fact we Yorubas refers to such people as ARUNGUN.

We are too sane to be lumped up with people that can take orders from a miscreant like Cownu, characters like him are considered by us as dregs of the earth. Let SE go on their own, not everyone has their brains trapped in that Baboon, Cownu anus

We are all brains little emotions while you are all emotions Zero sense. You act impulsively and for you it's brawn above brains while for us we are too intellectually developed to act without proper reasoning.
To you that's cowardice because all you know is senseless aggression.

How then can we be together, if we are to make a choice between SE and NE, we will rather go with NE at least they are rational human beings with functional brains

1 Like

Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by Decency2020(f): 9:07am On Oct 05, 2021
Nukilia:

You dey mind dem?

1 Like

Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by depezee(m): 9:09am On Oct 05, 2021
Rexwalters1:
Yesterday @ Chevron Ajah, it was an Igbo Police Officer out of the lot that mandated I give them something or I won’t move, although all my car papers was intact, the oppressors are the ones complaining on line the most?

If truely you want a better and indivisible Nigeria, you should use your youthful energy via social media to condemn totally all the ills in the society no matter the region or section it affected and stop preaching hate.

Take a visit to any of the eastern part of Nigeria you will understand better. Do not stay in Lagos and condemn people who are genuinely clamouring for justice without feeling their pains.

As a youth you should preach and channel your energy to a progressive nation and not a retrogressive one practised by the old politicians.
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by omooba969(m): 9:11am On Oct 05, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
This is only just the beginning
If you want to bring out the monster in an ordinary man, give him weapons. He may even turn against his father.
Sincerely, I really miss Abba Kyari

What do you miss about that dirty criminal?
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by DanHaske: 9:17am On Oct 05, 2021
Nukilia:
See chairman, north and south only exists on the map, not in reality. Nigeria is made of tribes.
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by symbianDON(m): 9:18am On Oct 05, 2021
ConqueredWest:
The desperation to paint IPOB black is too much but will surely fail.

Unfortunately this strategy by DSS/SE politicians to instigate the people against IPOB/ESN is dead on arrival
just want to be clear on this sir; is it DSS that shoots guns and chases people all around every Monday to enforce the sit-at-home order? I'm honestly kinda confused.
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2021
depezee:

Cry me a river!
Then mind your business and let them be.
what is my business. Southeast and ipob are not my problem. There is peace in Edo State.
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:20am On Oct 05, 2021
VEXT:

Muslims were the ones supporting bokoharam
just the way you guys are clapping for ipob now. Keep it up
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by Gotze1: 9:22am On Oct 05, 2021
Nukilia:
Gbam. I am yoruba and I support your view

2 Likes

Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by eldoradoxx: 9:26am On Oct 05, 2021
If someone had told some of us that a time will come in Igbo land when children will be chased out of schools for any reason whatsoever, I would never have believed. Igbos are on the path of destruction but they don't know it yet. Buhari will help them destroy themselves totally. He will detain Kanu for as long as he is President, let the Igbos continue killing themselves and destroying their businesses and property, that is his strategy.

1 Like

Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by ConqueredWest: 9:27am On Oct 05, 2021
symbianDON:
just want to be clear on this sir; is it DSS that shoots guns and chases people all around every Monday to enforce the sit-at-home order? I'm honestly kinda confused.

Yes just as Abacha did to discredit NADECO

DSS and Eastern Politicians
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by Lightorder: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2021
These leaders are just stupid. We don’t have problems in this country apart from the ones created by our leaders. People who are pained by the injustice that is glaring ( bare-face injustice ) are now going about it inappropriately. What stops this government from calling the aggrieved parties to a round table. At least tell them to calm down give them time as things would work out. They don’t have action, they don’t have soft words. Is this madness or what? The resources Nigeria waste fighting wars that shouldn’t have taken much to avoid is really worrisome. I am beginning to think that they love crises and peace inhibits thier mode of selfish leadership. When crisis is in place , the evil men gain
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by ba7man(m): 9:29am On Oct 05, 2021
Why are the children even going to school when a sit-at-home is in effect.

I blame the children. grin grin grin
Re: Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown by seyz91(m): 9:32am On Oct 05, 2021
better!
Nukilia:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Foolish Things Guys Who Cohabit With Girls In Universities Do!!! / Funny Pics You Could Relate With As A Secondary School Student / Rivers Pastor Builds House For Pupil Who Graduated As Best In His School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.