Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) (37125 Views)

See How Okada Overloaded Schoolchildren Going To School / Pupils On Excursion In A Canoe Without Life Jackets (Photos) / Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Meektunz: 1:39pm On Apr 11
It is sad that we really love taking risks in this country, this is not the first time boat mishaps have been happening in various rivers & dams in Nigeria and the passengers die while some go missing due to negligence of life jackets. Why would school children like this be taken on a boat ride excursion without proper arrangement of life jackets for the pupils?

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by westlius(m): 1:41pm On Apr 11
Omo if na my pikin, I will sue d school mgt ASSAP

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by immortalcrown(m): 1:41pm On Apr 11
Many authorities in Nigeria are not proactive. If anything happens to the children, the ministry of education or the state government will form Mr. Swift Response to suspend the school.

The school in question is a disgrace to education. A school that should teach children safety is the one exposing the children to death. But the management of the school will get angry when you say the management is stupid.

Average Nigerians are careless and stupid. But sentimentalist don't want this to be pointed out. Even with life jackets, I am sure that the boat is not well-maintained. Do you know the worst? A child transported in this manner for years will grow into a careless adult. He or she will not enforce any safety measure if made a leader in future. He or she will be like, "If boat journey without a life jacket can kill, I would have been dead by now".

This is how many movie producers used boats without life jackets and AGN took no action. But the moment Junior Pope died, the AGN quickly suspended Adamma just to place all the blames on Adamma. Adamma is not innocent. But the AGN is equally or more guilty.

Over 90% of accidents and deaths in Nigeria are due to carelessness. More than 90% of vehicles used in Nigeria are not worthy to transport even wild animals. In addition to the deadly conditions of the vehicles, the driver have zero regards to safety. The passengers are not even helping matters.

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Truths9ja: 1:42pm On Apr 11
Nigeria authorities in the State should make used of life jacket 🧥 on our water ways.

Cc Nlfpmod fergie001 mynd44 Dominique ishilove missyB3 Fp

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Namaster: 1:43pm On Apr 11
Nigerians are SUPREMELY idiotic.

These fools put SEVERAL little kids on a boat that has probably NEVER been maintained since it was bought second-hand many years ago and refused to provide life jackets.

When the boat capsizes and lives are lost, they'll blame the "river goddess".

The school should be tracked and shut down. The owner should be locked up along with the teacher that took the kids on the useless "excursion".

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Meektunz: 1:44pm On Apr 11
westlius:
Omo if na my pikin, I will sue d school mgt ASSAP
my brother, I swear to you before i sue the school, I'll so slap the principal.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by atiku4President(m): 1:45pm On Apr 11
Okay, you can see what I am saying that most Nigerians are illiterate and no nothing about safety rules. This is even a school with supposedly educated teachers who should think about safety first. But you know what, they don't know what to do. Even a passerby won't say anything or call them to order, not to talk of calling the police. Almost every Nigerian is an illiterate, including the professors.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by westlius(m): 1:47pm On Apr 11
Meektunz:
my brother, I swear to you before i sue the school, I'll so slap the principal.
Slap ke, I go bite him blockus comot

16 Likes

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by westlius(m): 1:48pm On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Many authorities in Nigeria are not proactive.
Our authorities loves bribe, where no bribe u won't see them

3 Likes

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Jennyclay(f): 2:12pm On Apr 11
And these are the educated teachers that ought to know better undecided

How could you put little kids on a boat without life jackets This is too risky and dangerous!!

Looking at the rubbish boat you would even see there is a leakage underneath it. undecided

What kind of stupid people are these for crying out loud!! undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Sonnobax15(m): 2:24pm On Apr 11
lipsrsealed
Na wa for we Nigerians.

Plus or minus life jackets, I've vowed never to embark on any trip that has to do with waterways...

Reminds me of my elder sister's mother in-law's burial ceremony that took place last month......There were two routes to the village and of which the cheapest one was the one that involved passing through a river....I jejely opt out for the road trip even though it was the expensive one cuz I no wan die leave this my small keke wey I dey use manage my life angry

15 Likes

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Proserpina: 2:29pm On Apr 11
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Jennyclay(f): 2:34pm On Apr 11
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Na wa for we Nigerians.

Plus or minus life jackets, I've vowed never to embark on any trip that has to do with waterways...

Reminds me of my elder sister's mother in-law's burial ceremony that took place last month......There were two routes to the village and of which the cheapest one was the one that involved passing through a river....I jejely opt out for the road trip even though it was the expensive one cuz I no wan die leave this my small keke wey I dey use manage my life angry
Ehya! You’re a poor man!

Oga Keke rider!

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:36pm On Apr 11
what a reckless act!!!! parents should take their children out of that school asap. what other yeye nonsense can such a negligent school do with your kids?

3 Likes

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Opinedecandid(m): 2:49pm On Apr 11
All in Nigeria.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Felabrity: 2:49pm On Apr 11
Henceforth, anybody on boat ride with no lifejacket should spend a night in jail

Back to the topic, shutdown the school immediately and arrest the teacher.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Gbadugbakun(m): 2:50pm On Apr 11
If the boat capsize they will blame the devil. Others will say it's the will of God. grin

2 Likes

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by socialmediaman: 2:50pm On Apr 11
This is how some kids are able to go to school in some parts of the country.

I won't mention any location because there are too many tribal bigots on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by saasala(m): 2:50pm On Apr 11
We are all mad in this country

1 Like

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by edenex: 2:50pm On Apr 11
We spend so m u.c h time on religion in this country sotey we come forget common sense

5 Likes

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by jeff1993: 2:50pm On Apr 11
Ss
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by OMEGA009(m): 2:51pm On Apr 11
Old picture making a comeback. LASG sanctioned the school for this incident and if I remember correctly, it was even pre-Covid.

6 Likes

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by BondRiv: 2:51pm On Apr 11
Very irresponsible.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Pooldrowning(f): 2:52pm On Apr 11
Safety is always taking the back seat in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by eepeepook: 2:52pm On Apr 11
Life is cheap in this country. Everybody knows if those kids die, their parents will birth new ones. The more people who die, the more resources for everyone else to enjoy.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Lukuluku69(m): 2:52pm On Apr 11
Meektunz:
It is sad that we really love taking risks in this country, this is not the first time boat mishaps have been happening in various rivers & dams i cmn Nigeria and the passengers die while some go missing due to negligence of life jackets. Why would school children like this be taken on a boat ride excursion without proper arrangement of life jackets for the pupils?

Locate the School and close it.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by illicit(m): 2:52pm On Apr 11
Maybe they are Ijaw

2 Likes

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by GreaterFuture(m): 2:53pm On Apr 11
It is basic common knowledge that when going on a boat, especially this types of small speedboat, you wear a life jacket.
I don't think I've ever been on a boat in my whole life, but when I entered one for the first time a few days ago (this is for the first time in my life, me as a full grown millennial man oh), I instinctively knew that I should wear those safety jackets.
Even if you can swim very well, you still wear Jackets for other major reasons, when in these kind of boats.

For children? This makes me think very far and wide...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Antoeni(m): 2:54pm On Apr 11
If Nigeria Govt & Security Agencies Are Responsible, The Proprietor or Propritress of the School Suppose to be Jail By Now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Angelfrost(m): 2:54pm On Apr 11
Like I said earlier... Everyone is complicit in this anomaly.

Those waterways have officials in charge of them.

There should be strict and enforced laws against boarding a vessel without life jackets.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Flame333: 2:55pm On Apr 11
there's a guy on Instagram that said the death came as a result of coalition between junior boat and another boat..

however my question is why on earth will the boat collide with another boat, is it that the guys on junior boats we are not looking or what distracted them....?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon / UNILORIN Students Nab Two Thieves During Night Class (Photos) / Ogun Poly Student Commits Suicide After Losing His Tuition Fee To Gambling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.