Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Brushing Your Teeth Before Eating Or After Eating - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Brushing Your Teeth Before Eating Or After Eating (549 Views)

Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? / Toothbrush Removed From Indian Man Stomach After He Swallowed It While Brushing / How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brushing Your Teeth Before Eating Or After Eating by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 05, 2021
So guys I want to see the oppion you have on brushing your tooth before eating or after eating which is more hygienic and why ?

I have watched so many foreign movies where you see people eat before brushing their tooth and the feel so relaxed over this, the other day I just felt I should try this and see how it feels and it was more comfortable for me in a way but my sister wasn't happy with this, she rather called me a dirty boy ..... I then asked her what's bad about what I did and why? But she couldn't really give me a good reason why it is.
We all know at times brushing your mouth can make you get hungry faster without even doing any activity yet

So guys I need your opinions between brushing before eating and after eating and please give reasons for your opinion cool cool cool

Re: Brushing Your Teeth Before Eating Or After Eating by Bola146(f): 8:58am On Oct 05, 2021
Before food, if I don't brush before food that will be till next day. If I brush after food, it would be like the brush and toothpaste washed all my foods

5 Likes

Re: Brushing Your Teeth Before Eating Or After Eating by EzegeNdiigbo: 9:05am On Oct 05, 2021
With the abnormal condition of the country mehn it ain't done here.

Why

The weather is too harsh.

1 Like

Re: Brushing Your Teeth Before Eating Or After Eating by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 05, 2021
Bola146:
Before food, if I don't brush before food that will be till next day. If I brush after food, it would be like the brush and toothpaste washed all my foods
grin grin grin
Atimes Sha but let's say sometimes u take food that has garlic as an ingredient what would you do
Re: Brushing Your Teeth Before Eating Or After Eating by WibusJaga: 9:58am On Oct 05, 2021

Most people brush before breakfast in the morning & after dinner at night.
But brushing after early breakfast & after dinner minimises food particles in the mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Brushing Your Teeth Before Eating Or After Eating by suffering: 10:43am On Oct 05, 2021
For optimal dental health brush twice daily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brushing Your Teeth Before Eating Or After Eating by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
suffering:
For optimal dental health brush twice daily.
E dey hard sha
Re: Brushing Your Teeth Before Eating Or After Eating by Rhyah(f): 1:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
I get to enjoy the fresh breath of my mouth for a longer period of the day after breakfast...at least until lunch time. That feeling of having food stuck on my teeth or that roughness when I have to 'swipe' my teeth with my tongue can be quite discomforting.

1 Like

Re: Brushing Your Teeth Before Eating Or After Eating by Bola146(f): 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2021
vchinedu01:

grin grin grin
Atimes Sha but let's say sometimes u take food that has garlic as an ingredient what would you do

Nothing
Re: Brushing Your Teeth Before Eating Or After Eating by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 4:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
It is very advisable health wise to brush before eating your breakfast or first meal of the day.
I brush twice daily. First thing in the morning and last thing at night.

2 Likes

Re: Brushing Your Teeth Before Eating Or After Eating by Maid007: 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
vchinedu01:
So guys I want to see the oppion you have on brushing your tooth before eating or after eating which is more hygienic and why ?

I have watched so many foreign movies where you see people eat before brushing their tooth and the feel so relaxed over this, the other day I just felt I should try this and see how it feels and it was more comfortable for me in a way but my sister wasn't happy with this, she rather called me a dirty boy ..... I then asked her what's bad about what I did and why? But she couldn't really give me a good reason why it is.
We all know at times brushing your mouth can make you get hungry faster without even doing any activity yet

So guys I need your opinions between brushing before eating and after eating and please give reasons for your opinion cool cool cool
It is medically advisable to brush before breakfast. This is in order to do away with the bacteria that can react with the sugar component of foods to form acid, which could cause dental plaque. Dental plaque can further act on the tooth enamel to cause dental caries (holes on the tooth).

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

My Mum Is Sick / Do You Have A Smelly Vagina? Not To Worry, We Got You Covered!!! / Help:-feeling Of A Kind Of Shock Or Numbness In My Right Leg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.