Stats: 3,150,964 members, 7,810,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? (19507 Views)

Toothbrush Removed From Indian Man Stomach After He Swallowed It While Brushing / Brushing Before Eating Or After Eating? / Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by osasere06: 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2023
I have often wondered the correct thing to do as regards this issue.

Ordinarily I was brought up in a home where my mother made it compulsory for us to brush before eating in the morning and of course before going to bed.

Going forwards during my undergraduate days, I was again indoctrinated with the idea that brushing after breakfast keeps one mouth cleaner and free from debris throughout the day.

Recently, my girlfriend sees this as a dirty behaviour and has frowned at it severally. Please whats the way forward on this issue?

Kindly help

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Buharidgeneral: 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2023
osasere06:
I have often wondered the correct thing to do as regards this issue. Ordinarily I was brought up in a home where my mother made it compulsory for us to brush before eating in the morning and of course before going to bed. Going forwards during my undergraduate days, I was again indoctrinated with the idea that brushing after breakfast keeps one mouth cleaner and free from debris throughout the day. Recently, my girlfriend sees this as a dirty behaviour and has frowned at it severally. Please whats the way forward on this issue? Kindly help
Brush before

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by SIXTEENTH(m): 11:04pm On Nov 06, 2023
Brush before any fast taking is appropriate and the best because once after brushing follow up by taking meals is good and can last you a fresher and healthy breathe at least 12 hour's
But brushing after eating can make your tummy filled but the mouth will be tasty and craving for food within a short period of hour's.

Note: I'm narrating base on my own personal view and experience but I don't know for others because what works for me can't work for others and as for the debris as you suggested, gargling might play a role here

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Sirmwill: 11:09pm On Nov 06, 2023
It completely depends on the person

Some people cannot eat with the feeling of their teeth not yet brushed

Some can't eat just after brushing their teeth

It makes the food taste kinda weird personally

Some cannot eat before and after brushing

Some can eat without brushing and not still brush for the whole day.

Some have not brushed their teeth for the past 1week.

Once again, it depends on the person

146 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by ATEAMS: 8:57am On Nov 21, 2023
Reading

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by money121(m): 8:57am On Nov 21, 2023
Both

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Bahamas95(m): 8:58am On Nov 21, 2023
Nothing on earth would make me eat without brushing, the food won't pass my throat. Even if I brushed before going to bed which I always do I will still brush again before eating anything in the morning.

After eating in the morning I have this habit of brushing again if I want to go out.....I just love being fresh always.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by CHIOMAEZEH: 8:58am On Nov 21, 2023
I prefer brushing while eating ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1wOu-yXo7o

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:58am On Nov 21, 2023
If I see food first, I eat first. If food is delay. I brush first. Na first come, first serve but most of my morning in the past are being brush with ogogoro first, that one go kill all mouth bacteria as bacteria and ogogoro no be friends, I meant ,Chelsea and seaman or best whisky

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Okanatansiike: 8:58am On Nov 21, 2023
Everything is now woke in this world.

So you want to pamper mouth odour??

OGA if you wake up brush your smelling mouth before eating

I swear to heavenly father if you carry smelling mouth come my shop to buy your beloved breakfast, better don't say "Good morning " because if you talk am I smell pim I go blow you to Allah walahi

Haba 🤦

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by UselessBuharist: 8:58am On Nov 21, 2023
I think brushing before eating is the best practice

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by idris4r83(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2023
For me personally, toothpaste makes me hungry, I can’t eat brush then feel hungry again and eat again.

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Jestin: 8:59am On Nov 21, 2023
Either methodology is okay. Me when never brush for three weeks now, I nor die 😂. What of animals when nor dey brush at all

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by JuanDeDios: 8:59am On Nov 21, 2023
osasere06:
I have often wondered the correct thing to do as regards this issue.

Ordinarily I was brought up in a home where my mother made it compulsory for us to brush before eating in the morning and of course before going to bed.

Going forwards during my undergraduate days, I was again indoctrinated with the idea that brushing after breakfast keeps one mouth cleaner and free from debris throughout the day.

Recently, my girlfriend sees this as a dirty behaviour and has frowned at it severally. Please whats the way forward on this issue?

Kindly help

Before. But that's if you didn't brush before bed last night, which you should.

If you brushed last thing before bed last night, you should brush after breakfast - obviously, since there isn't much to brush when you woke up. But if you're brushing AFTER food, you must leave at least 30min (preferably 1 hr) before brushing to avoid damaging your gums and suffering from teeth sensitivity.

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by tetralogyfallot(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2023
Brush first thing in the morning before any other thing.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by honey001(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2023
Brush before and after.... Hope that settles it

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Racoon(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2023
Brushing before and breakfast are all good and hygienic. Oral hygiene is part of general body hygiene.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by atobs4real(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2023
Before nowwwww
Which school you go?
Na morning or evening school?

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Toriolatok: 8:59am On Nov 21, 2023
U should brush once you wake up... & If u won bruh after eating, it is allowed too
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Sucolee(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2023
Brush your teeth daily, na wetin my teacher teach me be dat,so I can decide to eat before brushing my teeth..

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by jmoore(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2023
Brushing before breakfast is a waste of toothpaste

After your last meal at night, you should brush your teeth.

Then in the morning, eat your breakfast before brushing your teeth.

The only exception should be for those not eating at home before going out. If you are not having breakfast at home, then brush before leaving. Unless you can put your toothbrush and paste in your bag when leaving which sounds weird.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Okimski(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2023
Hmmmm! Most people saying brush before eating, they don't brush twice. If you brush after dinner or before going to bed, you will wake up with a fresh breath, you can just wash your mouth with water and brush after eating. That's the best practice. Brush after eating not before eating.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 9:01am On Nov 21, 2023
Only Alliens eat breakfast before brushing. Humans and especially homosapiens Brush in the morning before eating.
Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by mariovito(m): 9:01am On Nov 21, 2023
After

I don't like the aftertaste of brushing when I eat, so I brush after I eat.

Also, keeps the mouth fresh and Free of food debris as I step out for the day.

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Triangles1(m): 9:01am On Nov 21, 2023
As the spirit lead me.

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by OloYeOfEgbE: 9:01am On Nov 21, 2023
Hahahahahahahaha.....

Na who no dey hungry dey reason falla follo..

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by Passionate888: 9:02am On Nov 21, 2023
After

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by obembet(f): 9:02am On Nov 21, 2023
Brush Ur teeth daily... Morning and Night

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by GenderMix: 9:03am On Nov 21, 2023
Brush at night.
Drink water before brushing in the morning to make the stomach alkaline and ready for digestion then you can eat.

Re: Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? by IMASTEX: 9:03am On Nov 21, 2023
Reading. . .

Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death / What Do You Think Of Urine Therapy? / 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips