Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal (42429 Views)

Peter Obi Reacts After Young Man Carved A Photo Of His Face On His Head (Video) / Peter Obi Reacts To Owo Bandit Attack / Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by sulaak(m): 11:38am On Oct 05, 2021
mrvitalis:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what peter obi did ... absolutely nothing wrong with it

There has always been campaign to attack peter obi's image ....they can't find anything on the man

Obi, a Vice-Presidential candidate in Nigeria’s 2019 general elections, set up and operated businesses abroad in tax and secrecy havens; and breached Nigerian laws while he was a serving governor by failing to declare these assets with the Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB.

He set up his first offshore company, Gabriella Investments Limited (named after his daughter who bears a similar name), 4 years into his time as governor of Anambra state.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by HustlePro: 11:40am On Oct 05, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Is it about Mr. Integrity or Peter this article is about? Use your brain. Peter is a fraud. And this is what this article is about. Peter, the son of Obi who you people have portrayed as Mr Itegrity of Igbo is a fraud. Deal with it. He is a fraud. If you don't like my statement, go and hug the nearest transformer to you. Dont quote or mention me again.

You are your crew are wasting their time. That is what you don't know. Did you hear he stole money to set up those companies where in the article was it stated that he siphoned money?

Also tell us a crime for setting up a bank account outside Nigeria.

If you want, bring your money I will have one arranged for you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by peacekante: 11:40am On Oct 05, 2021
mrvitalis:

Was or is he a board member in that company ? When his daughter owns the company

Stop spilling rubbish here please. Peter obi himself said the company is a joint company. Hence he partly own it and should have declare the part he owe if he doesn't have shady dealings
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Godfullsam(m): 11:41am On Oct 05, 2021
Soso990240:
As you read, he co-owned the company, not his personal business, the Business wasn't even established in Nigeria in the first place, whats your point? Me and you de play tribal politics? abeg swerve .

He Co-owned the company with who exactly? With Gabriella his daughter? Lol. How old is the daughter and what is her share/input in the company and where did she get the money to own a company with the father?
Why can't they CO-OWN the company before he became a serving governor? I know that sentiment and tribalism will not allow these questions to pass through your shallow mind while defending this crook.

Don't be fooled guy, he didn't Co-owned anything. He owned the company and included his family names for cover up.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by sulaak(m): 11:41am On Oct 05, 2021
HustlePro:

Firstly, you just exposed yourself as not being Igbo even though you use one that looks Igbo.

Secondly, did you read he said those are family joint business?

3rdly, the paper lied that it was after he became governor that he set them up... It was already in existence before then.

Where has it became a crime to own a business outside Nigeria?

Then it should have been declared.

Obi, a Vice-Presidential candidate in Nigeria’s 2019 general elections, set up and operated businesses abroad in tax and secrecy havens; and breached Nigerian laws while he was a serving governor by failing to declare these assets with the Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB.

He set up his first offshore company, Gabriella Investments Limited (named after his daughter who bears a similar name), 4 years into his time as governor of Anambra state.

When in China or in good company ...lol

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by obailala(m): 11:43am On Oct 05, 2021
Jimasun:

He knows he flouted the law. That was why he said he was not aware he should.
All your assets includes what you own anywhere.
He is a good administrator but please don't excuse this else we will have to give free pass to everyone else.
If you own a share in a company, it is a joint asset in the real sense. Why did he declare his shares in companies he is not the sole owner If he doesn't need to declare for jointly owned ones?
Let's watch and see; let's wait for the full legal interpretation. As I said before, I doubt someone in his position would be so careless to not know about something like that.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by pafra(m): 11:43am On Oct 05, 2021
Soso990240:
They have always been looking for a way to pull this man down, because there is no other past Governor in Nigeria that is as neat and credible as him

Common sense Is not common.

Go and get sense.
He was not exposed by nigerian. It was done by foreign journalist. Mind you, he was not a target but was only mentioned

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Abagworo(m): 11:45am On Oct 05, 2021
Obi should stop deceiving himself cause he has a lot of open baggages includong Next Mall, Sabmiller and other open businesses done by next.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by iammolise(m): 11:48am On Oct 05, 2021
I've gone past the stage of calling politicians thieves and all manner of names, henceforth I won't blame them anymore for anything, the problem of this country lies in our soil, in our immune system (all the vains & arteries in our blood), in our brain(designed to be greedy when money and its excesses comes along)...

I will forthwith and I vow only to face my own hustle & hassle and make this "shit hole" worth while for my self and my family tree.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Jonathan39: 11:48am On Oct 05, 2021
Go and read peters Obis portfolio.

Just Google Peter Obi portfolio and cure your ignorance.

I wont be the one to school you
Mace0lane:
Where did Peter Obi got the money he spent to build the Next mall exposed by the Pandora papers ? Before you go blablabla tell us upon his wealth before be coming a Governor why he never built a single mall and when as he yet to built another mall over 16 years after leaving govt house if he truly did not loot Anambra state fund to build himself the mail.

Also tell use why Peter Obi bought brewery with close to a billionnaira only to sell it to himself for N1.5M on the eve of his departure from govt house ?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by sulaak(m): 11:48am On Oct 05, 2021
“I don’t declare what is owned with others,”, he told Premium Times.

“If my family owns something I won’t declare it. I didn’t declare anything I jointly owed with anyone.”

He said the offshore entity is the holding company for most of his assets and that the business structure he adapted was to enable him to avoid excessive taxation.

“I am sure you too will not like to pay inheritance tax if you can avoid it,” he said.

obailala:
The brutal honesty in these responses will throw any detractor off balance.

Nigerians and their selected honesty, we choose who to trust and distrust.

Peter Obi has multiple business certifications and diplomas and he didn't know that he has to declare his assets include one that is shared with his kins

Peter Obi talk and behaves like a crook, I don't need to see him in government to know that he will continue the looting of OBJ, GEJ and Buhari.

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by tellhappystarsu: 11:49am On Oct 05, 2021
For this feature what they do is accumulate all sorts of critiques each favorable and unfavourable which assist them to apprehend their problems. tellhappystar survey These are then worked upon to provide the most effective and maximum possibly to survey website to refill Boston Market Survey, there are wonderful incentives for this.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Afamed: 11:50am On Oct 05, 2021
When we say Obi is chronic liar. An hypocrite who does not practise what he preaches few days ago before this pandora investigation came out. They call us different name. Now, that the acclaimed Saint Obi has been exposed again .
breeze don blow the fowl yanch

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by pafra(m): 11:50am On Oct 05, 2021
HustlePro:

You are your crew are wasting their time. That is what you don't know. Did you hear he stole money to set up those companies where in the article was it stated that he siphoned money?

Also tell us a crime for setting up a bank account outside Nigeria.

If you want, bring your money I will have one arranged for you.

You are showing how ignorant you are. Stop defending him. A serving governor establish a private business is already a criminal act. Forget how he gets the money

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Soso990240(m): 11:51am On Oct 05, 2021
pafra:

Common sense Is not common.

Go and get sense.
He was not exposed by nigerian. It was done by foreign journalist. Mind you, he was not a target but was only mentioned
And you couldnt state your point/opinion without being stupid? go learn the meaning of the word 'Respect' kiddo

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Nanaborga(m): 11:52am On Oct 05, 2021
Finnese001:

And who invited your silly ass here, retard Ghanians

Biafra , I’m more Nigerian than you, and I’ve done more for Nigerians than your whole family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Jonathan39: 11:52am On Oct 05, 2021
Failure to declare asset is the crime and not Stealing from Anambra state? Ok grin grin grin

He didn't declare asset of jointly owned business, you didn't see where he said it?

I am waiting for the news where he will be tied to looting from Anambra treasury. That is what I want to see
Jimasun:

Refusal to declare asset.
I won't join you in abuse because that is what you people are known for

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by SocialJustice: 11:53am On Oct 05, 2021
mrvitalis:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what peter obi did ... absolutely nothing wrong with it

There has always been campaign to attack peter obi's image ....they can't find anything on the man
Only goats will believe Peter Obi did something wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by godliman: 11:54am On Oct 05, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Hiding funds and evading tax does not show integrity.
evading tax is lesser evil than corruption which buhari is neck deep in

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Fuckthamods: 11:54am On Oct 05, 2021
Sunday2021:
you cannot use religion to decieve us again. Obi Pandora is a thief and he must answer his name.
Says an idiot on a payroll...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Afamed: 11:54am On Oct 05, 2021
Jonathan39:
Failure to declare asset is the crime and not Stealing from Anambra state? Ok grin grin grin

He didn't declare asset of jointly owned business, you didn't see where he said it?

I am waiting for the news where he will be tied to looting from Anambra treasury. That is what I want to see
What actually is he hiding by not declaring his ill gotten assets?
That's the question a saner person should ask

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by ensamy(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2021
And the enemies of Nigeria still found nothing in him.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Jimasun: 11:55am On Oct 05, 2021
mrvitalis:

Can you declare your daughters asset when she is 18 years ?
I doubt you know what you are saying.
Only a crime commited by a Northerner or Yoruba is true. Any allegation against a SE person is witch-hunt.
Rest abeg

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Godfullsam(m): 11:56am On Oct 05, 2021
Jonathan39:
Avoiding tax is different from tax evasion? Go school Una say no shocked

There is only one motive behind both avoiding tax and evading tax.

The motive is to cheat the government which is punishable by law.

Go school Una say no.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Bluntemperor: 11:56am On Oct 05, 2021
mactoni91:
Nigeria is so messed up..

This is just one.

Imagine other Nigerians on the list.

Other Politicians you mean!
Most Politicians in both Fed and States have nothing to offer Nigeria.Na chop I chop.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Seun360(m): 11:57am On Oct 05, 2021
mrvitalis:

It's quite obvious you people wont see anything wrong with it but if it were Tinubu, everything will be wrong with.

Nigerians and Hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Jimasun: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2021
obailala:

Let's watch and see; let's wait for the full legal interpretation. As I said before, I doubt someone in his position would be so careless to not know about something like that.
He knows.
That's what most elite do.
Not that he is worse off but I don't buy defending him.
Every single one of them does it.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Amhappy(f): 11:58am On Oct 05, 2021
I ignored reading this Pandora report while waiting for Mr. Peter Obi to react first and now he has,i can't express how disappointed i am.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Wahalaperson: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2021
mrvitalis:

see this one defending nonsense. I pity you, na people like una be problem for this country
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by nzeobi(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
wink2015:

YOU HAVE FINISHED MR PETER OBI.

The "SAINT FROM THE SOUTH EAST"

If governor Peter Obi SWEET TALK YOU with how he save money for Anambra state and manage the economy of Anmabra state to prosperity YOUR HEAD GO GROW DADA.

PANDORA BOX has done a lot of damage to his political and economic reputation.

The sweet talker from the East.

Which damage, for those who respect him for what he stands for, that's not a damage.

The money in question is his personal money and not like he looted public funds. But if you have evidence he looted public funds then you and your investigative journalist should present the evidence

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal by Perfectbeing(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
VULCAN:
He was/is the largest shareholder of Fidelity Bank before he became governor.

He was a billionaire long before he became a politician.

So it will be difficult to smear him successfully with this.

Unlike some others who became billionaires two or three years AFTER getting into public office
And who told you that rich people don't still get their hands in the cookie jar when they get into office? Or you think Tinubu wasn't rich before he became Lagos State Governor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: APC Leading PDP After Results In 11 Seats~The Cable / Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Nigeria's 36 States & FCT Ranked In Order Of Land Mass: Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.