Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

I Need Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Advice. (1255 Views)

My Wife Is A Cheat. I Need Advice / Please I Need Advice Nairalanders... I Just Discovered I'm Pregnant. / I Need Advice Before Taking The Huge Step Into Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice. by Thurmieee: 11:34pm On Oct 05, 2021
Hello everyone.
I'm a Agriculture graduate from unilorin. Finished nysc 2020.
So my parents brought this idea to me. They want me to go to Dubai and work
One of our family members wants to borrow me 800k and they'll add the rest, so we're talking like 1.5m.
But the salary in Dubai is like 150k monthly. I'm against the idea cos I think the renumeration is to small. I suggested we divert the money to something in naija and save for 2 years then I can try a better country......it's caused a war at home already they're saying I want to waste the opportunity. So I need input from people.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice. by Acidosis(m): 11:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
Thurmieee:
Hello everyone.
One of our family members wants to borrow me 800k and they'll add the rest, so we're talking like 1.5m.
But the salary in Dubai is like 150k monthly. I'm against the idea cos I think the renumeration is to small. I suggested we divert the money to something in naija and save for 2 years then I can try a better country......it's caused a war at home already they're saying I want to waste the opportunity. So I need input from people.

You'll need someone to explain the working condition to them for proper understanding. Maybe they simply can't wait to see their son travel "abroad".

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice. by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
Thurmieee:
Hello everyone.
With 1.5 million, you fit buy or lease land for Nigeria, farm something - even consider fish or snail farming-and make close to or even more than 150K a month, can't you? undecided

You could even pay back that amount you borrowed in less than 2-3 years if you wanted to- absolutely no talk marriage and kids at all - and you would still have change left. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice. by Bombastically00(m): 11:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
Not all greener pastures are green...if there is a job ready for u there, BROS JAPA...
Re: I Need Advice. by Thurmieee: 12:06am On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
With 1.5 million, you fit buy or lease land for Nigeria, farm something - even consider fish or snail farming-and make close to or even more than 150K a month, can't you? undecided

You could even pay back that amount you borrowed in less than 2-3 years if you wanted to- absolutely no talk marriage and kids at all - and you would still have change left. undecided
I have a fishpond I'm running ATM.
Re: I Need Advice. by Kobojunkie: 12:08am On Oct 06, 2021
Thurmieee:

I have a fishpond I'm running ATM.
How much do you average a month from your fish pond at this time? undecided
Re: I Need Advice. by Thurmieee: 12:36am On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How much do you average a month from your fish pond at this time? undecided
Fish pond isn't something that brings income monthly.....after 4-6 months that's when you can harvest. Depending on how large they've grown
Re: I Need Advice. by Kobojunkie: 1:21am On Oct 06, 2021
Thurmieee:

Fish pond isn't something that brings income monthly.....after 4-6 months that's when you can harvest. Depending on how large they've grown
Then you probably need to think instead of how you can make it bring in income on a regular basis rather than waiting every 4 to 6 months instead. There are fisheries out there that generate income regular. Look at what they do and see if you can scale it down to a size you can handle keeping the gains intact. undecided
Re: I Need Advice. by Thurmieee: 6:36am On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Then you probably need to think instead of how you can make it bring in income on a regular basis rather than waiting every 4 to 6 months instead. There are fisheries out there that generate income regular. Look at what they do and see if you can scale it down to a size you can handle keeping the gains intact. undecided
That'll be mor capital intensive......it's only hatcheries that make profits that way. To set up a hatchery now ehn the price no be hear.
Re: I Need Advice. by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2021
Thurmieee:

That'll be mor capital intensive......it's only hatcheries that make profits that way. To set up a hatchery now ehn the price no be hear.
I didn't ask you to set up a hatchery but set up something that will bring you more steady income if you add the money your family is considering giving you. undecided
Re: I Need Advice. by Thurmieee: 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I didn't ask you to set up a hatchery but set up something that will bring you more steady income if you add the money your family is considering giving you. undecided
It's because you don't have any expertise in it that's why you think it's easy. What of the xtra land,the labour, digging of new pond...even this one am running presently it's labour intensive.
Re: I Need Advice. by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Oct 06, 2021
Thurmieee:

It's because you don't have any expertise in it that's why you think it's easy. What of the xtra land,the labour, digging of new pond...even this one am running presently it's labour intensive.
Open your mind! undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice. by Thurmieee: 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Open your mind! undecided
As I've said you don't have the knowledge or expertise....you went to bring a pond of gold fish.
Please I need better inputs

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice. by kay9(m): 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2021
@OP,

I don't know the kind of "work" your folks have planned for you in Dubai, but my advice to anyone planning to travel out is to aim for jobs in healthcare/nursing or tech/IT. If you don't have any qualification/experience in those areas, then diligently find schools that offer courses in those two careers and enrol. Best countries to aim for are Canada and Australia; you almost guaranteed a job on completion, and your growth (and stay in the country) is assured.

P.S: I just re-read your post again; Canada is loving agric-graduates right now.
Re: I Need Advice. by MufasaLion: 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2021
Agriculture is always hot cake if you know what you are doing but most importantly, it's capital intensive irrespective of the sector of agriculture. Of you don't wanna venture into Agric you should go and learn a skill and invest in it.

Concerning the Dubai, I wouldn't advice you to proceed because it's not worth it. It's even better you start a mini-business and at the same time you reorganize your travel plans. You can write GRE and IELTS and apply to schools in the U.S. and Canada. You can apply to the U.K. too and their admission process is even easier and no GRE nor IELTS is required.
Re: I Need Advice. by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2021
Thurmieee:

As I've said you don't have the knowledge or expertise....you went to bring a pond of gold fish.
So, you don't understand how my posting means you don't need to dig holes or have large expanse of land to do any of what I suggested? undecided

If you can't take time to open your mind to think outside of the box it currently exists in, then I am the wrong person for you to be listening to. undecided
Re: I Need Advice. by sbot: 1:32am On Oct 09, 2021
Not sure though but I think Dubai is expensive so do think twice.

The jobs you may get may be security and all sorts.
Re: I Need Advice. by GboyegaD(m): 1:47am On Oct 09, 2021
Thurmieee:
Hello everyone.

Biko, stand your ground and instead use the money they want to give you to prepare for GRE and focus on US schools where you can easily get funding and take it up from there.

You can read the student thread in the travel section to get more information if it is something you want to explore.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice. by GboyegaD(m): 1:50am On Oct 09, 2021
Thurmieee:

This is not the best way to go. Listen to advise and if you don't like it, don't take it and just move on instead of acting like an ingrate.
Re: I Need Advice. by Thurmieee: 11:51am On Oct 09, 2021
GboyegaD:

This is not the best way to go. Listen to advise and if you don't like it, don't take it and just move on instead of acting like an ingrate.
I understand it's not like am an ingrate but this guy doesn't really understand it. To start what he's saying he ..... ordinary the construction.... digging the borehole,laying the pipes that would take the water out. You can't just be polluting the environment with your pond water.
Ordinary that has taken an amount from the money.
Re: I Need Advice. by GboyegaD(m): 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2021
Thurmieee:

I understand it's not like am an ingrate but this guy doesn't really understand it. To start what he's saying he ..... ordinary the construction.... digging the borehole,laying the pipes that would take the water out. You can't just be polluting the environment with your pond water.
Ordinary that has taken an amount from the money.

That is understandable and you can explain to her why you feel that isn't your best option at this time. In it all, make your best decision based on every information at your disposal.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice. by frozen70(f): 9:17pm On Oct 09, 2021
Thurmieee:
Hello everyone.

Even if you go to Dubai, it will take you almost a year to get settled and another year to save enough to pay back

Well if you want to please them, don't stand as a suretee

So that if you can pay on time, good and fine, but where you can't pay or finish paying

The BP or tension will be on their head while you will be drinking panadol for their headaches

(1) (Reply)

The Amount That Will Clear All Your Debt / How Best Do I Punish My Mum? / Kerosene 600# Per Liter, Yet No Protest Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.