Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards (18676 Views)

Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC / FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number / SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by Curious345: 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2021
DropsMic:
Dumbos
am sure you're below 17yrs old
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by Curious345: 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2021
tegrianonigltd:

Really what if your kid got admitted to university at 14 or 15 or 16?
a kid is a kid.. Bleep the age bro...

Get a life

1 Like

Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2021
The Director of NCC no get sense at all, so parent can't call their kids in school or in time of emergency, you have to look for someone that is above 18 to borrow you phone undecided
Nigeria is just going backwards everyday lipsrsealed
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by eldoradoxx: 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2021
Mynd44:

The parent/guardian can get a SIM card, register said SIM under the adult's name and give to the child/ward.

And since the parent/guardian is responsible for the underaged, the parent/guardian issues responsibility for the actions done with the SIM

No problem if the parents in attempting to circumvent the law go ahead to give their children phones. Regardless of that, it is the parents that would be held responsible for any that happens in connection with the registered sim.
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by DropsMic(m): 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2021
Curious345:
am sure you're below 17yrs old

Wrong!! I'm 12
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by tnerro1(m): 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2021
14 to 16 years old girls can marry and give birth but they can not have a SIM card grin
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by murmee: 12:36pm On Oct 06, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Not in this age where 15-year-old students get admitted into higher institutions.
Even that will soon stop. Anyone below the age of 18 will no longer be admitted into the University in Nigeria!
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by revolt(m): 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2021
This is what happens when u put mallam in charge... useless policies .
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by murmee: 12:43pm On Oct 06, 2021
Lagosianswag:
Communication shouldn't be limited to adults only !

There's a reason why there's "Kids Mode" in some phones! FOR SUPERVISION! shocked undecided

You don't seem to understand what is being said here. Parents or guardians of the underage child will be responsible for the SIM the child is using. Meaning that the SIM the underage uses will bear the names of the parents or guardians!
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by Nickymezor(f): 12:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
Na dem sabi
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by lexy2014: 12:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
tempusfugit:
THE PURPOSE IS TO MAKE SURE PARENTS GET SIM cards FOR THIER KIDS WITH THEIR OWN DOCUMENT , IS A VERY NORMAL PROCESS DONE AROUND THE GLOBE , IF IMPLEMENTED PROPERLY IS A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT!!!!

If parents collect sims on behalf of their children, how does it prevent d children from misbehaving or getting into trouble? Is there no limit to d number of sims to be registered under one name? How is it a "normal process around the globe"?
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by Rugaria: 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
Mynd44:

The parent/guardian can get a SIM card, register said SIM under the adult's name and give to the child/ward.

And since the parent/guardian is responsible for the underaged, the parent/guardian issues responsibility for the actions done with the SIM

MUMU talk
If the parents can get the sim for the kids what is the reason for the kids not getting the SIMs by themselves?
Is Boko Haram, ISWAP or fulani herdsmen being sponsored by those below 18?
All these mujahideen mentality is the reason this country keeps moving in circles..
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by God200(m): 12:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
While this age of under 18 top leader in dis country dey open aza for their children,dere kids having millions of naira in dere aza.stupid n unwise leader making law to d wise people under dem
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by nikz(f): 12:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
inoki247:
lol someone below 18 years no fit get sim...

So how will parent that've 15years old kid in higher institution reach dere kid abi u people will goan install Nitel Landline telephone in dere schl....

Kid below 18 no fit get sim card but kid below 18 dey vote for North nd get married also mumu people...
The cluelessness in this govt is underrated
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by RodgersAkpafu: 1:10pm On Oct 06, 2021
treesun:

Yet our leaders can marry 16 year old girls! Nigeria is a nation without laws!
Exactly
What kind of laws are we passing in this useless country undecided

A 16 year old who would be made mother of 2 somewhere in the north cannot own a sim ?
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by Starzo: 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2021
Rugaria:

MUMU talk
If the parents can get the sim for the kids what is the reason for the kids not getting the SIMs by themselves?
All these mujahideen mentality is the reason this country keeps moving in circles..
How old are you??.. nairaland is full of dumb kids these days
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by Starzo: 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2021
nikz:

The cluelessness in this govt is underrated
The parents/guardian will get and register a Sim then give it to the child. That's how it's done in the 'saner climes' y'all pray and beg to be allowed to live in. undecided
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by Queseda: 1:22pm On Oct 06, 2021
Bighead9:
Good news.
But IPOB Bandits go Dey insult Buhari and Pantami for this great development.
I really like how you make life miserable for those nuisance nyamiri

1 Like

Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by etrange: 1:25pm On Oct 06, 2021
nrexzy:
Way to go....
Let's keep an eye on these young chaps....

Well... it's not like they made it illegal for them to have phones, they just can't register the card in their own name. So this doesn't really change much for them. They'd still own phones and make calls as usual. It simple means the adult who got the card for them would be the one to interrogate if the card is used for a criminal activity.
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by Kelvinhunta: 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
Reread ur comment,then place ur hands on ur head and say after me,
my father my father,
any village people,
making me not to know the difference between capital letters and small letters,
Die by fire,
Die,die,die
Repeat and Make sure u dance while saying this
tempusfugit:
ACTUALLY YOU THE DUMP HERE , WHERE I GROW UP BELOW 16 YOU CANNT GET SIM card WITH YOUR NAME, YOUR PARENTS HAVE TO USE THEIR NAME TO GET YOU THE SIM card
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by aniblue(m): 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2021
That makes no sense at all,
So my kid sis in higher institution shouldn't have a Sim right? How will she communicate?

But meanwhile underage girls in the country are given hand in marriages, forcefully impregnate and abuse all in the name of marriage....

This country is just going to and fro ....
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by tempusfugit: 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
MAKE YOUR RESEARCH FOR THE FIRST TWO QUESTIONS , FOR THE LAST QUESTION , I WAS ALLOWED TO GET A SIM card WITH MY DOCUMENT AND NAME ONLY AFTER MY 16 TH BIRTHDAY IN EUROPE BEFORE THEN MY SIM card WAS UNDER MY PARENTS NAME
lexy2014:

If parents collect sims on behalf of their children, how does it prevent d children from misbehaving or getting into trouble? Is there no limit to d number of sims to be registered under one name? How is it a "normal process around the globe"?
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by Cognitivereason: 2:08pm On Oct 06, 2021
Don't be myopic na...
Parents should buy SIMS for their kids......there is a lot of responsibilities that comes with owning a SIM ..especially with this new trend of linking it with an identity card (NIN) ..children shouldn't just have access to it..SIMS have more functions than just communication.. Mid using it has legal implications.. Can kids bear the implications..
But in all honestly they should review the age limit to 16 years
descarado:
I don't think Nigeria is still a secular nation.
Kids 16 yrs and below live away from their wards in schools how do parents communicate with their children in schools or everyday life?

Mummy and daddy are at work or market, first child is at home 15 with the younger ones. When there is emergency, what then happens?

And our so called representatives are there looking for more money when the rights of their future generations are taken away from them in bold daylight.

No matter how I look at it, Nigeria will never be the same again.
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by Cognitivereason: 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2021
There is alot of responsibilities that comes with owning a sim..we have gone beyond the times where it solely for communication...
Sims are now used for fraud, scams ..bank accounts can be wipe out from a sim..they are sometimes connected to sensitive information or sites with sensitive Information or belongings or maybe a blockchain...

If a child commits a crime through a sim or is traced through it...they can't be legally persecuted cuz they are not up to 18.. Parents should rather handle dat..they understand the responsibility and implications and can therefore control how their kids use it self..

My own is dat let the age limit be reviewed to 16...but below that a guardian or parent should purchase on behalf of their sponsors...no big deal

Rugaria:

MUMU talk
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by einsteine(m): 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2021
Stupid regulation.

At least, they should have included a situation where if someone less than 18 wanted to buy a sim, they will need co-signing from an adult.

A country where children can be 3rd wives but can't register SIMs
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by Rugaria: 2:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
Cognitivereason:
There is alot of responsibilities that comes with owning a sim..we have gone beyond the times where it solely for communication...
Sims are now used for fraud, scams ..bank accounts can be wipe out from a sim..they are sometimes connected to sensitive information or sites with sensitive Information or belongings or maybe a blockchain...

If a child commits a crime through a sim or is traced through it...they can't be legally persecuted cuz they are not up to 18.. Parents should rather handle dat..they understand the responsibility and implications and can therefore control how their kids use it self..

My own is dat let the age limit be reviewed to 16...but below that a guardian or parent should purchase on behalf of their sponsors...no big deal

The government can pass a law that requires that SIM cards can only be obtained with the National identity cards! That is what is obtainable in most security conscious countries.. As inconveniencing as that is, it makes sense security wise. But saying that people below the age of 18 can't have SIM cards is just too achaic. We always go for these primitive alternatives in this country. Very soon we will be told that women should not have SIM cards because they may use it for hook ups.. It doesn't make sense..
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by lexy2014: 2:35pm On Oct 06, 2021
tempusfugit:
MAKE YOUR RESEARCH FOR THE FIRST TWO QUESTIONS , FOR THE LAST QUESTION , I WAS ALLOWED TO GET A SIM card WITH MY DOCUMENT AND NAME ONLY AFTER MY 16 TH BIRTHDAY IN EUROPE BEFORE THEN MY SIM card WAS UNDER MY PARENTS NAME

Asking u d questions I asked is part of research and if u have done ur research, then answering d following questions shouldn't be a challenge for u:

Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by tayoccu(m): 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-ncc-disqualifies-nigerians-below-18-from-getting-sim-cards/

One numbskull at the ncc woke up one morning and decided this was a brilliant idea.
They expect them to use sims registered for them by their parents/guardians right?
Now imagine. 17 year old in a university 3 states away from his/her state of residence losing his/her phone, such an individual won’t be able to retrieve his/her sim because it wasn’t registered by him/her, the same individual won’t be able to purchase a new sim either.
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by charlsecy(m): 2:57pm On Oct 06, 2021
inoki247:
lol someone below 18 years no fit get sim... So how will parent that've 15years old kid in higher institution reach dere kid?
Think nau!
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2021
Curious345:
a kid is a kid.. Bleep the age bro...

Get a life

Even with the sim you didn’t have till 18, you still a frustrated young boy with the way you respond. so I think parents need to train their kids not SIM card.
Re: NCC Disqualifies Nigerians Below 18 From Getting SIM Cards by Ovie56(m): 5:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
nrexzy:
Way to go....
Let's keep an eye on these young chaps....
This right here is another proof that Nigeria as a country is not just doomed to fail but has failed already, you and the 23 people that liked your comment are the proof.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

China Won't Kill Me With Options! Please Help A Nairalander Make A Choice. / Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? / Samsung To Produce 100,000 Units Of Galaxy X Foldable Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.