Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,248 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Why Does MTN Withhold 50-80mb On Nightlife? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Does MTN Withhold 50-80mb On Nightlife? (325 Views)

Why Does Your Business Need Ios App Development Services? / Why Does Space Appear Black? / Why Does The Earth Remain in a Fixed Orbit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does MTN Withhold 50-80mb On Nightlife? by debaj10: 12:10am On Oct 07, 2021
Last month I noticed it went from 25-50mb.
This month, it's usually 80mb.
What's happening?
Re: Why Does MTN Withhold 50-80mb On Nightlife? by Kudducini(m): 1:01am On Oct 07, 2021
debaj10:
Last month I noticed it went from 25-50mb.
This month, it's usually 80mb.
What's happening?

I no just u derstand
Re: Why Does MTN Withhold 50-80mb On Nightlife? by suffering: 10:24am On Oct 07, 2021
If MTN gifts you 500MB free, there is no way you can use everything completely. For every amount of data you receive, your phone sends a data packet to the provider to keep the communication link alive. The packets are small but add up the longer you browse. I’m no computer science student so I’ll estimate around 8MB of upload packet per 100MB you consume. For me 500MB always ended after using up 455MB on the dot. There is no workaround to this situation because that is how the internet works.
Re: Why Does MTN Withhold 50-80mb On Nightlife? by debaj10: 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
ok, iyaf yer.
whenever u buy data and ur network tells u the remaining 10% is unavailable to u, come back and read your comment.
wehdon sir
suffering:
If MTN gifts you 500MB free, there is no way you can use everything completely. For every amount of data you receive, your phone sends a data packet to the provider to keep the communication link alive. The packets are small but add up the longer you browse. I’m no computer science student so I’ll estimate around 8MB of upload packet per 100MB you consume. For me 500MB always ended after using up 455MB on the dot. There is no workaround to this situation because that is how the internet works.
Re: Why Does MTN Withhold 50-80mb On Nightlife? by suffering: 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
debaj10:
ok, iyaf yer.
whenever u buy data and ur network tells u the remaining 10% is unavailable to u, come back and read your comment.
wehdon sir
Facts vs emotions. Only on Nairaland.
Re: Why Does MTN Withhold 50-80mb On Nightlife? by debaj10: 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2021
hmm.
Mr. suffering,
let me do this slowly-
withholding
part
of
your
data
is
different
from
data
packets
used
when
browsing.
hope that helps u to understand?
suffering:
Facts vs emotions. Only on Nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

Adobe Offers Users The Ability To Verify NFT Marketplace Creations / For A Moment, I Thought This Was Emeka, An Igbo Robot / It's Now Easy To Earn 25% Profit After 24 Hours With Just

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.