Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Adobe Offers Users The Ability To Verify NFT Marketplace Creations - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Adobe Offers Users The Ability To Verify NFT Marketplace Creations (323 Views)

How To Verify Your Binance Account With Your National Identification Card(nin) / Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee / Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adobe Offers Users The Ability To Verify NFT Marketplace Creations by g7conet: 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2021
Many nonfungible token marketplaces are allowing digital collectors to identify artwork based on the wallet address of the creator through a partnership with software giant Adobe.

In an Oct. 26 announcement, Adobe said it would be partnering with the major nonfungible token, or NFT, marketplaces including OpenSea, KnownOrigin, and SuperRare to allow users to verify the authenticity of the digital content. Adobe’s Content Credentials can add an NFT creator’s wallet address and social media information to the metadata of tokens listed on the marketplace.

“This partnership furthers our commitment to empowering users with more tools as we collectively rethink how we transfer digital goods on the internet,” said an OpenSea spokesperson. “Working in tandem with market leaders like Adobe and the growing NFT community, we will keep providing features to increase trust and transparency across the metaverse.”

The feature will still seemingly have the option for NFT creators to remain pseudonymous, with them choosing to display crypto addresses linked to their online identity or full real social media profiles. Rarible, another marketplace offering Adobe’s digital verification system, said the feature would help “fight misinformation with attribution and verifiable truth of the content.”

According to data from DappRadar, OpenSea is the largest NFT marketplace by daily trading volume, reported as more than $50 million at the time of publication. SuperRare, Rarible, and KnownOrigin rank far below with roughly $1 million, $328,000, and $42,000 daily trading volume, respectively.

The platform recently faced criticism from many in the crypto space after OpenSea head of product Nate Chastain was accused of pumping up the prices of certain NFTs he was able to feature on the homepage and then sell. OpenSea said its employees are barred from buying and selling collections that are being featured on the platform.

https://g7conet.com/news_single/adobe-offers-users-the-ability-to-verify-nft-marketplace-creations-through-metadata

Re: Adobe Offers Users The Ability To Verify NFT Marketplace Creations by astalover13: 7:00am On Nov 01, 2021
So it's only going to affect the sellers of NF tokens and not the buyers, am I right? I mean, I don't have any problems with losing my anonymity, but I think it might be a problem for others. But as for me, it doesn't really matter if everyone knows my identity on the internet or not because I have nothing to hide. Even when I was buying an NFT card from MyImpactPower, I was pretty surprised that everything was so secure. But I guess that's really important for others who prefer to stay in the shade.

(1) (Reply)

Win ₦2,000,000 And Much More In The ALAT Powered Hackathon / Google’s Africa Internet Cable To First Arrive In Togo / 13 Most Common Affiliate Marketing Questions Answered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.