Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami (33841 Views)

Sowore: Falana Tells NBA To Discipline Osinbajo, Other Lawyers In Cabinet / I Will Not Leave Your Office, Falana Tells DSS After Failing To Release Sowore / ‘charges Against Sowore A Mockery Of Justice,end The Case Now,serap Tells Malami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami by ddippset(m): 9:00am On Oct 07, 2021
zinizta:

The great misunderstander

I doubt if you ever read to understand

Enough said
Sentiment is Sweet..

Truth is Tough.

Nuff said.
Re: State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami by ddippset(m): 9:04am On Oct 07, 2021
MoneyTrees:

The great interpreter of the law, sense is far from you
Your reasoning further points more to the fact that common sense in Nigeria is scarce & for the chosen few which of course you're far off the mark
Unfortunately for you, you have the wrong definition of the term "common sense"

In your judgement; common sense is what makes you happy and massages your ego and sentiments.

But You are much further from common sense than you'd ever realize in 10 lifetimes.

Sorry grin
Re: State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami by Ebukaokeke5: 9:23am On Oct 07, 2021
It's the only way to go in the situation he has allowed to summount in the state. It is absolutely legal for the federal government to step the governor aside as he can no longer defend the Constitution of the country as governor to provide peace and security for the citizens and residents of the country in Anambra state. It's legal and the power of the federal government to step in in such occasion and provide security and order to the citizens and residents of the country in the state, as the governor has proven incompetent in handling his office as it concerns the security of the citizens and residents in the state. It is absolutely constitutional and legal.
Re: State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami by Cardilac2323: 9:24am On Oct 07, 2021
Well said sir. Rule of law should be adhered to at all times
Re: State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami by VEHINTOLAR: 9:30am On Oct 07, 2021
iampeterben:
Mr. Falana the state is collapsing I think declaring a state of emergency is the best at this juncture. Cos Anambra is the beginning of South Eastern states, so if Anambra is not secure which is not right now then other states in the South East including the beautiful Enugu will be affected. I support the president move to declare a state of emergency.

Peter,do you honestly believe that declaring state of emergency is what will bring about peace in Anambra or anywhere in the south east now ? It wont; rather it will compound the already terrible security situation in that state and by extension,the entire south east.

No right thinking person will support the mindless killings that are taking place in the south east now but declaring state of emergency won't stop it .What kind of meaning do you think the people of Anambra will read into such state of emergency now that the state gubernatorial election is just some few weeks away ?

Apart from the fact that Buhari has no constitutional power to unilaterally declare state of emergency in any state without a recourse to the national assembly,he can't leave states like Zamfara,Niger,Borno,Kaduna etc with worse security situations and wants to declare state of emergency in Anambra. That will lead to the total collapse of the Anambra state security apparatus as the people will revolt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:48am On Oct 07, 2021
MERE LOOKING AT HIS FACE ALWAYS YOU KNOW HE IS. angry
Re: State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami by ngwaIgbo223: 12:40pm On Oct 07, 2021
ask your fathers why fighting biafra, see una life now.
Re: State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami by stinechykee: 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2021
Sergio101:
Buhari and his cohorts, how do you even think an Igbo tribe can be subdued by the use of coercion.
I don't think it's possible at all.

It's not a matter of chest beating (for some Yoruba puppets that will attack me). It's a real fact.
Coercion ain't an option to Igbo people
Tell them cos they will not understand
Re: State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami by Nwibii: 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2021
iampeterben:
Mr. Falana the state is collapsing I think declaring a state of emergency is the best at this juncture. Cos Anambra is the beginning of South Eastern states, so if Anambra is not secure which is not right now then other states in the South East including the beautiful Enugu will be affected. I support the president move to declare a state of emergency.

Okay.
So what will you advise the president do to the entire North East states?
When you make comments, please try and justapose it to see if what your saying is actually what is supposed.
Re: State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami by tonyson010(m): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2021
shigishege:

And even there may perhaps be some hypocritical moves by the Federal government because I don't see the reason why Federal government can not also have the same thought of emergency proclamation in the Northern states where there are even more worst security threat than any other region in this country.

But my experience during the end sars protests and the total silence of the government on such a crucial issue to quickly take action, wether strict or coax, made me to believe that we don't have any functional government in this country.

And, no government can practically win guerrilla war.

What they r giving blind eye cos they benefit from it. it doesn't matter since it helps them with looting n making stupid greedy decisions.
Re: State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami by Sunnyja: 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2021
chatinent:

Spot on.

Here is what Section 305 summarises as opined by Falana:

It says:
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, the President may by instrument published in the official Gazette of the Government of the Federation issue a Proclamation of a state of emergency in the Federation or any part thereof.

(2) The President shall immediately after the publication transmit copies of Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation containing the proclamation including the details of the emergency to the President of the Senate, the Speaker, of the House of Representatives, each of whom shall forthwith convene or arrange for a meeting of the House of which he is President or Speaker, as the case may be, to consider the situation and decide whether or not to pass a resolution approving the Proclamation.

Thank you.
Didn't Buhari see these sections of the Constitutional provisions in the era of GEJ before opposing emergency rule when it was proposed under GEJ?
Re: State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami by Zico007: 8:10pm On Oct 07, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Nigeria herself needs a state of emergency to remove the president joor

I concur
Re: State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami by victorDanladi: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2021
Sergio101:
Buhari and his cohorts, how do you even think an Igbo tribe can be subdued by the use of coercion.
I don't think it's possible at all.

It's not a matter of chest beating (for some Yoruba puppets that will attack me). It's a real fact.
Coercion ain't an option to Igbo people
Its even took a yoruba lawyer to speak against that.Name one lawyer from your cowardly weakling of a tribe who has done similar thing........unserious ingrates
Re: State Of Emergency In Anambra: "You're An Ignoramus" - Falana Tells Malami by allthingsgood: 5:44am On Oct 08, 2021
zinizta:

Chief law officer by Northern education quota...half baked as they come

He needs to earn that respect.

Falana is the head of lawyers in West Africa . How about that?

Pls stop blabbing. U are obviously not a lawyer. Falana is not head of anything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What Fayose Wore To Distribute Rice (images) / Chairman, Francis Ayagah Kneels Down After Shouting APC At PDP Rally. / T.O.S. Benson Poses With His Studebaker Commander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.