Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

[⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫MUST READ] Africans Are Religious Hypocrites. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / [⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫MUST READ] Africans Are Religious Hypocrites. (190 Views)

Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. / Poverty Is Why Many People Are Religious And Churchy - Reno Omokri / Esther Ajayi:"Hypocrites Come To White Garment Church At Night, Hide In The Day" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫MUST READ] Africans Are Religious Hypocrites. by SSIPON(m): 7:39am On Oct 07, 2021
Sometimes I wonder how and why African gods were demonized.
You see Africans gleefully mentioned foreign gods like Thor and Poseidon.
But if you bring up Sango, Babalú Ayé or Amadioha, they will start covering themselves with the blood of Jesus.
They go to church and sing, "Every other gods na so-so yeye", to a middle eastern god.

Yet They claim to be proud of their "culture" and "heritage". But the christians among them would happily destroy shrines and African idols and erect the statue of the middle eastern Mary in it's place.I am not a Pan-African in any way o, I'm just sharing my thoughts on this hypocrisy in Nigeria.

A chruch/mosque is burnt in Nigeria and everyone is agitated and angered.

But when a shrine is burnt by overzealous religious people, they are applauded and called, "Children of God", "Children of the Kingdom against darkness"
You want freedom to practice your religion, but you are not willing to let others practice theirs You see Nigerian law enforcement arresting people simply for possessing "JuJu", and the law enforcement agencies will be applauded, but if someone is arrested for possessing the Bible or the Qur'an, everyone will begin to scream "persecution".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: [⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫MUST READ] Africans Are Religious Hypocrites. by Unlettered: 7:41am On Oct 07, 2021
SSIPON:
Sometimes I wonder how and why African gods were demonized.
You see Africans gleefully mentioned foreign gods like Thor and Poseidon.
But if you bring up Sango, Babalú Ayé or Amadioha, they will start covering themselves with the blood of Jesus.They go to church and sing, "Every other gods na so-so yeye", to a middle eastern god.

Yet They claim to be proud of their "culture" and "heritage".

But the christians among them would happily destroy shrines and African idols and erect the statue of the middle eastern Mary in it's place.I am not a Pan-African is any way o, I'm just sharing my thoughts on this hypocrisy in Nigeria.

A chruch/mosque is burnt in Nigeria and everyone is agitated and angered.

But when a shrine is burnt by overzealous religious people, they are applauded and called, "Children of God", "Children of the Kingdom against darkness"
You want freedom to practice your religion, but you are not willing to let others practice theirs

Before you attack me, please note that I am not a religious person.

So how do you then still go ahead to just tarnish what you dont believe in? Isnt it too early for attention? Abi attention seekers association no tell you say time table dey to dey cause wahala?!
Re: [⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫MUST READ] Africans Are Religious Hypocrites. by SSIPON(m): 7:42am On Oct 07, 2021
Unlettered:

So how do you then still go ahead to just tarnish what you dont believe in? Isnt it too early for attention? Abi attention seekers association no tell you say time table dey to dey cause wahala?!

It's too early for this bs. I am sharing my observation on religion in Nigeria. That I'm not religious doesn't mean I cannot see what is happening.
Re: [⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫MUST READ] Africans Are Religious Hypocrites. by SSIPON(m): 7:45am On Oct 07, 2021
Unlettered:

[b]So how do you then still go ahead to just tarnish what you dont believe in? [/b]Isnt it too early for attention? Abi attention seekers association no tell you say time table dey to dey cause wahala?!
What does the word tarnishing entail here?
I am guessing that you are a Christian, So going by your logic, because you don't believe in African gods, you should not be free to criticize them right? So why do you preach against them on Sundays?
Re: [⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫MUST READ] Africans Are Religious Hypocrites. by SSIPON(m): 7:55am On Oct 07, 2021
Re: [⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫MUST READ] Africans Are Religious Hypocrites. by Blaqstick: 7:56am On Oct 07, 2021
Holiness food is ready for you
Re: [⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫MUST READ] Africans Are Religious Hypocrites. by SSIPON(m): 7:59am On Oct 07, 2021
Blaqstick:
Holiness food is ready for you

Who be holiness?
Re: [⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫MUST READ] Africans Are Religious Hypocrites. by Blaqstick: 1:10pm On Oct 07, 2021
SSIPON:

Who be holiness?
Righteousness. That guy wey Dey preach with long epistle
Re: [⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫MUST READ] Africans Are Religious Hypocrites. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2021
SSIPON:

Who be holiness?
It's not hypocrisy, that's called misinformation! undecided

(1) (Reply)

Any Spouse Who Cheats On You Can Eliminate You If Need Arises. / Inquire Of The Lord / Best 10 Erwin Raphael Mcmanus Books You Cannot Afford To Miss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.